001- Life after Seventeen

La vie en rose

word count: 1532

was made during i was riding a bus so yeah TuT hope you enjoy the first chapter! 


Jihoon woke up to the sound of his phone ringing like there's no end. He groggily reached his phone that was located at the table near his bed. Blinking a few times, he groaned when he saw the screen displaying: Soonyoung.

“What?” he didn’t mean to sound rude but it was freaking 5am in the morning and he had only 2hrs of sleep due to the conflict of his new schedule.

“Wow, is that how you greet a friend whom you haven’t talked to for years?!” Soonyoung practically screamed through his speaker’s receiving a 'shut up' from the now pissed Jihoon.

It’s been what? Five years since he talked to Soonyoung. Ever since the disbandment of Seventeen with them aging at 25 they went to their own ways. First year of the disbandment was full of gatherings, talking about how they are doing, are they still pursuing that kind of career, how's life and so on. But as each member decided to get a practical work, meaning being in office, starting small businesses, continue studying, few meet ups were held.

“Just get to the point Soonyoung” he told to the guy on the other line as he carefully sit up from his current position. He eased the creased forming in between his eyebrows as his head starting to ache.

“The guys finally agreed to meet up!” Soonyoung said too happily “Seokmin kind of persuaded them” his tone hinted a small smile and Jihoon noticed this, there's something up with this meeting. So being the straightforward guy he was

“Did Seokmin finally proposed to you?” he blurted out, suddenly there’s a coughing fit happening on the other line with few words like what and how. Jihoon smiled. He waited for soonyoung to calm down before asking again.

“... Yeah” was Soonyoung's shy reply and with that Jihoon congratulated him trying his best not to squeal because that’s not how he roll. They ended up talking a few more minutes before Soonyoung told him that he needs to set the venue to inform the others immediately. When the line was ended he took a deep sigh and got out of his bed, went with his own daily routine before going to work.

To say Jihoon was happy with his current work would be sarcastic, he did enjoy it but he was not happy. He teaches music to the little kids despite still looking one like himself. He enjoyed it really, but because it was little kids he cannot teach them the complicated stuffs which the ones he really enjoyed. He has to adjust to everything and start with the basics which is kind of hard at first but he was fine now. He teaches at the school till 11 and after 11 his shift as a cashier starts.

He works at a small cafe downtown, not that far from the school he was teaching. It was comfortable to work there as it reminds him of those days. After working at the cafe Jihoon would stop by his apartment to rest and eat dinner before to the radio station. He works ath radio station every Tuesdays and Saturdays as a DJ. Unfortunately it still depends to his boss when he will be going to the radio station as many people are actually requesting him every week.

That’s was Jihoon's life after the disbandment. It wasn’t the ones you would typically assume to someone whose name was actually well known in the music industry. Especially when you talk about the name Woozi who is known as the prodigy producer. He had a stable life if he ever choose to continue producing but he gave it all up just to achieve peace in life he was actually enjoying.

But right now he wasn’t having any of it.

He misses someone.

He was so used to waking up to someone's warm embrace but it’s been a year since he ever felt that.

Sighing, he looked at the calendar hanging up near his dining table.

Just one more week. He thought.

 

 

Soonyoung has already messaged him where and when will be the small gathering, he also noted that it will be the couple's sponsor for the night so he didn’t have to worry about the cost and just show his pretty face.

Jihoon has been grumpy all the week, he keeps on checking the calendar.

One more day.

The same day as their small gathering.

He haven’t even heard from him this past month and he was getting antsy. Ruffling his hair he went back to whatever he was doing.

I'm sure he will call somehow. He thought before drifting to his work phase.

 

 

To say it was loud was an understatement. It was hella of a mess. The boys who haven’t met for years was a mess. Hugs were thrown everywhere, hellos were echoing in each corner of the small place, laughter’s were filling the room. He missed them, he wouldn’t lie. The image of them being together once again made him smile and cannot contain his happiness seeing how they all have been till now. He could still see the couples back when they were trainees, those people who promised not to let go no matter what he could even see newly formed couple or were they. He chuckled at the thought. The air was filled with happiness.

But he was still missing someone and he was surprised that no one has still mentioned him or was surprised that he hasn’t shown up yet.

Soonyoung asked everyone to settle down and he knew this was the moment where his best friend will tell everyone that he and Seokmin are finally engaged.

“So everyone, thank you for coming tonight” he gestured to everyone with his signature smile “I just want to announce something important” he looked at Seokmin with heartfelt eyes.

“Seokmin and I got—” Soonyoung was cut off when the electricity went out. Some panicked and quickly scattered to wherever that Jihoon began to stand up slowly, eyes adjusting to the dark when he heard a familiar song.

It was the melody of the song that he swore that he wouldn’t forget till he aged.

His vision began to blur as it hit its chorus.

Would you love me when I ask you to be mine?

Would you accept me for whom I am?

I longed for your touch, the moments I want to cherish

Would you be mine?

He began to sob quietly when a spotlight hit a certain place revealing a person with dark hair and features that you wouldn’t forget.

He bit his lips as the man started to approach him with a bouquet on hand. Jihoon ran to the person and practically jumped on him.

“Miss me?” Seungcheol whispered to his ears as he wraps his arms around Jihoon's waist peppering him with kisses. All Jihoon could do was to nod his head as he wrap his arms around Seungcheol's neck and buried his head on the latter's shoulder.

They stayed there a little bit longer before Seungcheol slowly let go of his arms placing the bouquet on Jihoons arms.

Jihoon didn’t expect what happened next. Seungcheol was on his knees as Jihoon tried not to sob hard but it was hard. He saw his boyfriend pulled a box from his pants and damn Jihoon can’t calm down.

He was a sobbing mess.

Seungcheol chuckled a little bit before opening the box and revealing a small silver ring. It was plain but it was beautiful.

Seungcheol cleared his throat as he grabbed Jihoon's left hand.

“First of all I am sorry for not calling you this past month, I swear I regret doing that. Second i want to say I’m sorry for leaving you for two months.” they both chuckled. Seungcheol took a deep breathe before continuing.

“Jihoon-ah, I am really grateful for choosing me over you suppose perfect life. Thank you for settling down with me in a crappy place. I know you hate the place but you never once complained” Jihoon chuckled.

“Our life wasn’t that perfect but it was fulfilling and every day with you feels like piece by piece of my puzzle just continue to increase at the same time completing. I cannot imagine a life without your weekly tantrums, you sweet morning voice and how you would always remind me how you love and how grateful you are even though I'm the one who's really grateful for the things you've done for me” Seungcheol smiled.

“Today is our anniversary, I even forgot how many years we have been but whatever” they both heard boo's at the background which made them smile.

“So today, I ask you, are you willing to spend your life with me?” Seungcheol asked as he looked up to Jihoon with expectant eyes until he was met with pair of lips (a little bit of snot due to the amount of crying Jihoon made) and a little cute nod.

Jihoon couldn’t wished for any better as he felt his now fiancé slipping the silver ring on his middle finger and scooping him for a solid kiss.

To say Jihoon was overjoyed is an understatement.


please comment and subscribe! :)