Who Is He?

You Make Me Stronger

 

“So, Sungjong. Tell us about yourself.”

They had only been in the cafeteria for ten minutes, and all five guys in Dongwoo's group of friends were already crowded around Sungjong, waiting to hear his life story.

“W-what do you want to know?” Sungjong wasn’t sure where to start. “Tell us about yourself” was a pretty broad request.

“Well, you’re new here, right? Where did you move from?” Woohyun asked as he munched on ramyun noodles.

“I was living in Japan until recently…but then I moved here for my dad’s new job.”

Dongwoo’s eyes shone in excitement. “Japan? How cool! You’re so lucky, the food in Japan is awesome. It has cute toys too. And pretty flowers. I want to go to Japan. Hoya, do you want to go to Japan with me?” He batted his eyelashes at the boy sitting next to him.

Hoya looked up from his food and thought for a moment. “Yeah…Japan sounds fun,” he said, pushing his sleek brown bangs out of his face and avoiding Dongwoo’s eyes.

“Yay!” exclaimed Dongwoo as he glomped onto Hoya’s arm. “We’ll go someday, just the two of us.” He let out a satisfied sigh and dove back into his lunch.

“What do your parents do?” Sunggyu asked, continuing to question Sungjong.

“My dad is working for a car company now, and my mom is a writer. She’s still living in Japan.” Sungjong’s face fell a bit when he mentioned his mother.

There was a moment of awkward silence at the table before Sungyeol piped back up. “Well, you’re going to visit her sometime, right?”

“Of course.” Sungjong smiled reassuringly. He wanted to get off the topic of his family as soon as possible. “Uhm…can I ask you guys some questions now?”

“Definitely. Go ahead.” Sunggyu clasped his hands together and stopped eating, like he was waiting to be interviewed.

“Then…” Sungjong scanned the faces in the cafeteria, looking for one person in particular. When he spotted a boy with a blue plaid shirt sitting at a table alone, he pointed at him. “…tell me about him.”

“Who, Myungsoo?” Sungyeol asked, confused.

“Yeah.”

“Why do you want to know about him? He’s weird.”

“He complimented my hair in art class.”

“Your hair?” Woohyun laughed. “That’s odd. He usually doesn’t talk to people. The girls in school even refer to him as the ‘Ice Prince.’”

“Ice Prince…” Sungjong mumbled.

“Hey…maybe he likes you!” laughed Sungyeol, winking and making a heart out of his hands.

“W-w-w-what? N-no way,” Sungjong stuttered, his face flushing.

Sungyeol burst out laughing. “Look, guys, he’s blushing! You just keep getting cuter and cuter. You like him, don’t you?”

“No! Ohhh, no,” Sungjong immediately replied, waving his hands in front of his face. “Definitely not. I just met him!”

“But you think he’s cute.”

“…”

“Do you?”

“…”

“Come on, tell us.”

“...”

“Please?”

“No.”

“Aish, you’re so difficult.” Sungyeol scratched his head in frustration. “Still, I think you two would be cute together. Maybe you’ll be the one to get him out of his shell! That would be a miracle.”

“Yeah…maybe…” Sungjong’s face kept getting redder and redder. He had never been teased about liking a guy before. Girls, sure, but never guys.

“Come on, Yeollie, leave him be,” Woohyun warned, elbowing Sungyeol in the ribs. “He only just got here and you’re already teasing him.”

“All right, sorry~” Sungyeol stuck out his tongue at Woohyun, who just shook his head.

“I’m going to the library to study now. Sunggyu, will you come with me?” Woohyun motioned for him to follow.

“Sure, one sec.” Sunggyu got up from to table to throw away his trash, and then followed Woohyun out of the cafeteria.

“Did you know those two like each other?” said Dongwoo, watching the pair as they left.

“Really?” Sungjong asked in amazement. They seemed close, but he never would have guessed that they were into each other.

“They’ve been denying their feelings for each other for a ridiculously long time,” Hoya confirmed.

Sungyeol nodded in agreement. “We’re to the point where we want to shove them together and force them to ask each other out. One of them has to do it eventually.”

“Woohyun seems so confident though. Why hasn’t he done anything?” Sungjong asked.

Sungyeol shrugged. “Who knows. Those two have been best friends for years, so maybe it’s awkward for them to accept their feelings for each other.”

“That’s deep.”

“Shut up, Hoya.” Sungyeol cringed. “I don’t like talking about all this mushy-gushy stuff anyways.” He stuck his tongue out defiantly, earning laughs from the other three boys.

---

“Hey, Sunggyu.”

“Yeah?”

“What are you doing this weekend?”

Sunggyu stopped studying and shot Woohyun a surprised glance. The two of them had been studying for the past fifteen minutes, but neither of them had said anything. He put his pencil down and thought for a moment. “Nothing, as far as I know. Did you want to get everyone together to hang out? I can send a text to the rest of the guys if you want.”

“Actually…I was hoping it would be just the two of us,” Woohyun said as he fiddled with his pen.

“Why? Won’t that be boring?” Sunggyu tilted his head to the side in confusion.

“Geez, are you really that dense?”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m asking you on a date, you pabo.”

Sunggyu froze. “W-what? A date? W-why?”

“Don’t act like you don’t know,” said Woohyun, looking directly at Sunggyu. “I like you, and you like me.”

“You knew?”

Woohyun rolled his eyes. “Of course I knew! You can’t hide anything from me~” he laughed. “So, what do you say?”

“I don’t know…” said Sunggyu nervously. As much as he wanted to go out with Woohyun, something was holding him back.

“Look, Gyu, it doesn’t have to be a big deal. We can just go get ice cream at the mall or something. I won’t pull any tricks, promise.”

“All right,” the older boy agreed. He couldn’t help but smile to himself. He was finally going on a date with Woohyun, after all this time…and just like that, too! He could barely believe what was happening.

“Really?” Woohyun was grinning from ear to ear. “That’s great! I can’t wait. Wait until the guys hear about this—”

“Ohhhh, no,” Sunggyu interrupted. “Let’s not tell them yet, okay? It’ll just make things crazy.”

“But…don’t you want them to know?” Woohyun pouted.

“Later. I just want this to be between us for a bit. Can you keep it a secret for now, please? For me?”

Woohyun let out a dejected sigh, but nodded his head in agreement. “Okay. I’m just happy that we’re finally going on a date!” His expression changed back to a happy one as he said the word “date.”

Sunggyu smiled back at him. “Me too.”

 

a/n: Holy shisus. 18 subscribers already? That's awesome, thanks so much guys <3 I hope you WooGyu shippers liked this chapter! Thanks for reading, and please share any comments or criticism you have~