Chapter 4

The Wu Family's Pet Owl

Rating/Warning : none

idek wtf I'm writing anymore.... Still, thank you very much for reading, commenting, subscribing and upvoting this story. Enjoy! (hopefully)

 


 

With the new academic year, came a new pack mate.

Sehun, with his rainbow colored hair, had grasped everyone’s attention since the minute he walked through the campus gate. Sehun was tall with skin so fair and smooth, some girls wept in envy. His heavy presence coupled with stoic handsome face made everyone immediately aware of his purebred status. And they instantly became wary of him. The whole Brad Fiasco was still fresh on their minds, even if half a year had passed since then.

It didn’t help that Kyungsoo was loitering around the gym, where the opening ceremony was being held. And he was alone; Chanyeol and Kris were nowhere to be seen. Once the door opened to let out the freshmen out, Sehun was quick to spot Kyungsoo.

The onlookers gawked as Sehun speed walked to Kyungsoo. They had half the mind to block his path and rescue Kyungsoo, but Kyungsoo’s happy squeal froze them

“Hunnie!” Kyungsoo waved at the purebred.

Sehun stoic face broke into a happy smiling face and he ran the rest of the way to Kyungsoo. The two met in a tight embrace and everyone around looked on in relief and fascination as Sehun rubbed his scent all over Kyungsoo.

“Kris had a meeting with his team and Chanyeol was helping Baekhyun in the library. Let’s meet up at lunch, okay?” Kyungsoo said.

Sehun nodded and let go of Kyungsoo. “Okay. I’ll come find you.” He kissed Kyungsoo’s cheek before walking off to his first class.

Kyungsoo smiled and went to his own, completely unaware of the curious looks people directed at him and Sehun. Lunch was guaranteed to be interesting.

 


 

Everyone in the dining hall was waiting in anticipation. Kris and his pack were already seated at their usual table. Chanyeol’s two best friends had joined them. When Sehun made his way inside, everyone stopped eating and turned to watch the spectacle that was sure to follow.

Chanyeol was the first to stand up. “Sehun-ah, over here.”

“Hyung!” Sehun smiled and walked over happily.

And everyone could breathe easier when they knew that Sehun was on friendly terms with the Wu pack. Some were disappointed that they wouldn’t get to watch Kris in action, but the majority was glad. (Especially the girls. That face was too precious to be marred in any way.)

Sehun skipped to the famous table and hugged Chanyeol. The two Alphas rubbed on each other, exchanging their scent. Then Sehun straightened up and shuffled to Kris. He had a pink tint on his cheeks as he bent down a bit and bared his throat to the older purebred.

Kris gave him a small sincere smile before running his big palms over the exposed throat. His long fingers grabbed at the small hairs on Sehun’s nape and he gently guided the younger’s face closer. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo had matching smiles on their faces as Kris released a bit of his Alpha scent and nosed at Sehun’s pale skin before pecking that spot below his ear.

“Welcome to the pack.” Kris whispered before letting go.

Sehun smiled brightly, his eyes turned into crescents (and three quarters of the female population on the dining hall cooed at the adorable sight, the remaining quarter had melted into poodle of goos on the floor) before he took the empty seat just beside Kyungsoo. Chanyeol took over and introduced Sehun to his best friends.

“Guys, this is Sehun. He was Kyungsoo’s and my childhood friend and we used to babysit him.” Chanyeol shared a conspiratorial grin with Kyungsoo. “And it looks like we’re going to babysit him again.”

Sehun whined and draped himself across Kyungsoo so he could hit Chanyeol repeatedly on the arm. The taller guy was used to the abuse and didn’t flinch at all, he merely laughed happily.

Sehun straightened up with a shy smile before bowing his head slightly. “Hello hyungs.”

The guys waved back enthusiastically.

“That’s Baekhyun, and that’s Jongdae, but you can call him Chen Chen. They’re my best friends and we’re on the school band together.” Chanyeol said.

After the introduction was done, Sehun got up to get his own meal, while the rest of table returned to their lunch. When Sehun returned with his own tray of food, he had no trouble fitting in right away. He joined the conversation with ease, sometimes stealing pieces of food from his hyungs’ plate. Kyungsoo let him, while Chanyeol mock threatened to stab his hand with the chopsticks. Kris wordlessly dropped his meat on Sehun’s plate and the leader earned another crescent eye smile from the maknae.

All in all, lunch hour at the dining hall went smoothly with no drama involved. Before lunch hour was over, the news of a new addition to the Wu pack had spread on campus.

 


 

On his last year of high school, Sehun made a friend with a transfer student named Kim Jongin. For some unknown and absurd reason, the teacher introduced him to the class as Kim Kai even though the name plate on his chest clearly said ‘Kim Jongin’. (It was only later that the students found out that the Headmistress’ late husband also bore the name Kim Jongin, and it will be awkward for all of the teachers to be calling Jongin by his given name, since the Headmistress kind of flinched every time she heard his dearly departed husband’s name mentioned out loud.)

So Kim Jongin lived the last year of his high school’s life answering to the name Kai. It grew on him, and several months in, he started to introduce himself as Kim Kai instead of Kim Jongin, he even made a new name plate for himself. Everyone in school called him Kai, even the ahjumma who owned the corner store near the school where students liked to buy ice cream from. Everyone, except Sehun.

Being the only purebred Alpha in the school, Sehun could get away with some things. Like calling Jongin ‘Nini’. Sehun would smile secretively when asked about the nickname but gave no explanation and Jongin wisely kept his mouth shut. It was an embarrassing story really.

Not many people knew, but the two boys happened to live near each other and they took the same bus to school every morning. One the first day of the new school year, they happened to sit next to each other and Jongin was really not a morning person. He fell asleep during the commute and his head landed on Sehun’s shoulder. Sehun didn’t mind all that much, because Kyungsoo always did the same. They were nearing their stop and Sehun tried to wake Jongin up. He gently shook the sleeping boy but to no avail.

Sehun peered down to read the nameplate then he called out. “Kim Jongin, wake up. We almost reach our stop.”

But Jongin kept on sleeping. So Sehun tried harder.

“Yah, Kim Jongin! Wake up! Kim Jongin! Kim Jongin! Jongin!”

Jongin only furrowed his eyebrows and made grumbling noise. Changing his tactic, Sehun cooed at the sleeping boy beside him.

“Jongin-ah. Wake wakey. Jongin-ah.”

Still no response.

“Open your eyes Jonginnie. We’re almost at the school. Jonginnie sleepy boy, wake up now.”

Finally Jongin grumbled and moved. But instead of waking up, he only shifted and burrowed into Sehun furher. Sehun had to stop himself from laughing out loud, because this Kim Jongin had pursed his lips in a cute pout (not as cute as Kyungsoo’s but still cute nonetheless) and continued to sleep.

They were almost at their stop so Sehun tried another tactic. He let out his wolf a bit and spoke in an authoritative voice he hardly ever used.

“Sleepy Nini, wake up this instant.”

It got the reaction he wanted. Jongin had instinctually recognized the Alpha’s commanding tone and obeyed immediately.

“I’m up, I’m up, I’m up.” He said as he sat up straight and rubbed at his eyes, trying to dispel the drowsiness that still clung to his eyelashes.

“Good. We’re here. Now come on.” Sehun stood up to board off the bus and Jongin followed closely behind.

It wasn’t until they both safely stepped on the curb and were walking toward the school gate that Jongin came back to his senses. He had a flabbergasted look on his face as he whirled around to face Sehun.

“I’m sorry!” He blurted out.

Shun raised an eyebrow. “For what?”

Jongin looked uncomfortable. “For sleeping on you in the bus?” He ventured.

“Not a problem.” Came the short reply.

Jongin stole furtive glances toward the purebred Alpha. “Thank you for waking me up.”

“Sure.”

Jongin was at a loss to do because honestly, he had no clue how to act toward the stoic boy walking beside him. He scratched at his head but decided to just leave it as it was.

“I need to go to the administration office. Thank you again.” He finally said. He bowed a little and walked off toward one of the buildings to the side, eager to leave the heavy presence.

“Sleepy Nini!” The boy called out to him, making Jongin’s step faltered because what?! Sleepy Nini?!

“The administration office is that way.” Jongin turned around to see the boy pointed at a building opposite the direction he was going.

The boy didn’t wait for Jongin’s reply, he only waved a little and walked off leisurely, his whole demeanor screamed nonchalance. Jongin could only stare dumbfounded before he shuffled to the correct building, cheeks burning with mortification. He only hoped that he wouldn’t cross path with the other boy again, at least not today.

But of course Fate had another plan for him, because his new class just happened to have the other boy on it, and the only empty seat was right next to him, and when Jongin, no Kai, took his seat with heavy heart, the other boy had leaned over to whisper amicably at him.

“Hi Sleepy Nini, I’m Sehun. Have lunch with me, okay?”

And Jongin could only nod and thus sealed his fate as Sehun’s new sidekick.

 


 

And finally, Sehun and Jongin made their appearances. Also yaay for Beagle Line!

Next chapter I'll introduce the Chinese Delegate.