Chapter 1

The Wu Family's Pet Owl

Rating/Warning : none for the moment

 


 

Do Kyungsoo, the only carrier Omega within 100 miles radius, was probably the most coveted person in campus. His naturally sweet scent was enough to induced mass rut in the general population of Alphas. But so far, no Alpha dared to lay a finger on his body, or even sent him a remotely funny look.

Do Kyungsoo might be an Omega, but he had a fire in him and packed one hell of a punch. Another reason for his ity was the Alpha scents wrapping around him.

Yup, scents. As in more than one. Three actually.

Do Kyungsoo had the gall to walk around campus without a single worry in his mind because he was the ‘pet owl’ of the ‘Wu Family’.

He wasn’t really an owl (duh!), and he wasn’t really a pet (this point was arguable though). But it was true that he was part of the Wu pack.

To shed more light, Wu pack was The pack that everyone knew about. The leader was one of the remaining purebred Alphas, Kris Wu. The other member of the pack is the Alpha Chanyeol and the purebred Alpha Sehun. To put this into perspective, the number of purebred Alphas around the world was in the lower ten thousands, so having two purebred Alphas in one pack was unheard of.

On top of that, the fourth and last member of Wu pack was a carrier Omega, another rarity. Their number weren’t as small as purebred Alphas, but only 300 of them resided in Korea. The others were scattered around the globe.

The story of how Kyungsoo became the pet owl started when Sehun stumbled upon him on the playground. The youngest of the pack, 5 at the time, was playing hide and seek with Chanyeol, his babysitter, who was only 2 years older. (And to this day Kris still questioned Sehun’s parents’ sanity).

Sehun had found a 6 years old Kyungsoo crying inside one of the tunnel on the jungle jim, and upon seeing the Omega’s big round eyes and hearing his soft sob, Sehun had shrieked in joy and enveloped the Omega in a bear hug. Sehun had yelled for Chanyeol to “Come quick Hyung! I found a cute owl! Can I keep him?”

It took a lot of effort and explanation from Chanyeol to make Sehun see that Kyungsoo a) wasn’t an owl, b) wasn’t a pet and c) was older than Sehun, so it was only appropriate for Sehun to call him ‘hyung’. Nevertheless, their friendship began that day and the three of them were inseparable throughout the coming years.

Sehun clung to Kyungsoo, while Kyungsoo leaned on Chanyeol. Puberty hit, Chanyeol and Sehun grew to be giants while Kyungsoo was stuck as the short stick, but their dynamic didn’t change. Sehun still clung to Kyungsoo, making the shorter boy staggered every now and then. And Kyungsoo still leaned on Chanyeol, burying his face into Chanyeol’s sternum whenever Sehun’s weight made him lose balance.

 


 

Things started to change a bit when Chanyeol entered university and met with the purebred Alpha, Kris. Chanyeol was used to the heavy presence of purebred because he grew up alongside Sehun. But Kris was on another different level. Where Sehun’s presence was like a heavy and suffocating blanket, Kris’ was like thousands of ice needles hovering above, poised for an attack. The danger was there, cold and palpable in the air, and it would only take one second for it to descend and wreaked hell upon earth.

Everyone else gave wide berth to Kris, but Chanyeol being Chanyeol was intrigued by him. He didn’t care about the power that all purebred Alphas held; about their ability to turn regular Alpha into a whimpering mess not much different from a subdued Omega.

Despite being a freshman, Chanyeol bravely marched up to Kris’ table (the latter had one whole cafeteria table for himself) and sat three chairs away from the campus’ legend. The whole cafeteria gasped in unison as Chanyeol set his tray down. They cringed in unison as Kris looked up at Chanyeol. They facepalmed in unison as Chanyeol sent a teeth rich grin and small wave at Kris. And their jaws collectively hit the floor as Kris nodded in acknowledgement and continued eating his lunch like nothing happened.

It had become some sort of a live drama. The student body (and a handful of faculty members) all gathered at the cafeteria during lunch time, eyes riveted on the stupidly brave idiotic freshman who dared encroached on Kris’ territory. The first week was spent with Chanyeol sitting three chairs down. The second week was spent with Chanyeol’s sitting two chairs down. (This is the point where a large betting pool was opened.) The third week was spent with Chanyeol sitting across from Kris’. (Some students became very rich from the bet.)

But the of the live drama happened on the fourth week, when Chanyeol opened his mouth and said in his deep voice unfitting for his delicate elfin face, “Yo waddup, I’m Chanyeol” and Kris replied in his gruff voice “Wassup, I’m Kris.”

What happened next was epic. Chanyeol became fast friend with Kris and the older man often walked Chanyeol to his classes. (But the rest of the campus still gave wide berth to Kris; they didn’t have enough death wishes to attempt to befriend Kris like Chanyeol did.)

They shared lunch together; Chanyeol even sat beside Kris now because Kris had developed a habbit of slinging one arm around Chanyeol’s shoulder. Two months in, Chanyeol made other new friends, but by then, everyone already knew him as ‘Kris’ Chanyeol’. Kris secretly liked the nickname, but Chanyeol was irritated by it.

 “I’m my own person dammit! No one ing owns me!” He complained to Kris.

This led to Kris releasing a bit of his Alpha scent and letting his inner wolf’s presence known; making Chanyeol dizzy and before he knew it, he was on his knees, baring his throat to Kris while a whimper escaped his lips. Kris smirked, bent down and rubbed his nose against the side of Chanyeol’s neck.

“Of course you’re not just ‘anyone’s’. You’re mine.” He said amusedly.

Chanyeol let out another whimper as Kris a long stripe across the exposed column of his neck, effectively scentmarking him.

And that was the day the Wu pack was established, with Kris as the leader and Chanyeol as the first member.

 


 

The next member was unsurprisingly Kyungsoo. The owl-eyed boy entered the same university as Chanyeol because it was the safest way for him. Being one year apart from Chanyeol and Sehun actually worked great for Kyungsoo. During elementary, middle and high school, Kyungsoo always had at least one of them by his side. He was protected from the bully and over eager Alphas because Chanyeol and Sehun were always around.

Ever since he graduated from high school, Chanyeol already made arrangements for all three of them to share apartment during college years. Their parents went along with it. Chanyeol’s parents were well off enough that they could afford to rent a 2-storey flat with three bedrooms, two bathrooms, living room, kitchen, dining room and a balcony.

 

Chanyeol lived there alone for his first year of college. Kyungsoo moved in a day after his high school graduation. Sehun was pouting through the whole process, only mildly appeased when his parents allowed him to stay there for few days. During the two nights he was there, Sehun slept while holding Kyungsoo in his arms and Chanyeol spooning him from behind.

 


 

Kyungsoo’s first day was another epic chapter in the campus’ history. Right after attending the opening ceremony, Kyungsoo was hauled away by Chanyeol to be introduced to Kris. The tallest of the three took one look at Kyungsoo and without hesitation enveloped him in a bear hug. Kyungsoo was frozen on the spot because Kris’ had let out his Alpha’s scent again, but Chanyeol’s warm hand on the small of his back calmed him down. When Kris let him go, Kyungsoo could smell the Alpha’s scent on him, masking his natural omega scent. Then it was Chanyeol’s turn to give him a backhug.

“Now you’re part of Kris’ pack and no one would ever dare lay a hand on you.” Chanyeol said to his ear.

Kyungsoo blushed and stammered out a shy ‘thank you.’ It was common knowledge that an unmated Omega was a piece of everyone wanted to tap. But Kyungsoo now carried two Alpha scents, and it was the best protection he could ever hope for.

Being a carrier Omega, Kyungsoo’s scent was naturally potent, so Kris and Chanyeol made sure to scent mark him every so often. The longest Kyungsoo ever had to go before one of the Alphas draped themselves over him was 5 hours. At the end of the 5 hours interval, the other Alphas on campus seemed to forget that he was part of Wu pack. One or two had come within touching distance with the sole intention of touching him. They backed away quickly though, when Kyungsoo snarled at them and snapped a terse “Back off before I sic Chanyeol and Kris on you!”

As soon as the bell rang, all three ran from their seats, burst through the door of their respective classes and somehow met up in the middle of the crowded hallway.

Kyungsoo ran into Chanyeol’s waiting arms, burying his face into the Alpha’s sternum, like always. Kris’ much larger frame draped over his back, his hands easily went around both Kyungsoo’s and Chanyeol’s body. They made quite the spectacle. Too bad everyone else was too intimidated  bvby Kris’ Alpha scent to properly appreciate the cute sight of a petite Omega being crushed in a group hug by two giant Alphas.