Strawberry

In Baek We Trust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  Once we came back to his hotel room the two of us sat on the bed together sorting out our situation. We’ve been talking through the ins and outs of everything for so many hours now that, it was almost midnight and we still had so many questions that we needed answers for. Kevin, my new brother-in-law, told us that we have to try to get along and just deal with this. But I guess Philip isn’t that bad, maybe I won’t mind being married to him with time. I’m not sure if love will ever build up though. I mean, it would be nice to be married to the person you love but falling in love takes time and trying to fall in love...that’s pretty impossible.

  “What do you do for a living?” he asked.

  “Well, I work at a law firm...I guess I can’t do that anymore now though.” I muttered.

  He ran his fingers through his velvet locks, pushing them away from his face, and said, “How would you like a position on my legal team?”

  “What? But you haven’t even seen any of my work before.” I wasn’t a bad lawyer at all, I’ve won all nine of my cases actually, I just didn’t know if I could handle the pressure of being a part of the legal team of a billion dollar company. I didn’t want to be a reason why something goes wrong. I’m pretty sure Philip would hate me if I ruined everything he’s worked hard for.

  Philip smiled and said, “I had Kevin conduct a private investigation on you earlier today, apparently you win all your cases and you graduated at the top of you class in college. I have lots of faith in you.”

  My heart started beating quickly once I saw the look in his eyes. He was actually complimenting me, I’m so shocked. It’s times like these where I feel like being with Philip might be okay. I mean, love takes time, in my opinion, but we could build our friendship up right now. I smiled and asked, “So what else did he find out?”

  Philip’s long fingers interlocked with mine and he scooted closer to me, his nose a few inches away from my own. “He told me about your credit, your family history, no criminal records, and no debt. You’re an impressive woman. The only thing he couldn’t tell me was if you were any good at .”

  "What in the world is wrong with you." I muttered as I ripped my hand away from his.

  Philip put his hands on my shoulders and said, "Hey, I was joking. Look, I'm sorry but it's just that...I wanna have with you."

  I could say but I always wanted to wait until marriage and now I am. The only thing was that I'm not really sure about how I feel about Philip. He seemed okay but I’m not sure about going this far when it’d be my first time doing something so intimate. I looked down at his body and remembered what I saw this morning...being a has serious pitfalls.

  “I’ve never had before though.” I had to admit it, friendship can’t be built on lies.

  His expression became blank and it almost seemed like his world was tumbling down. He’s probably never been with a before, it wouldn’t be as easy to hit it and leave otherwise. I was expecting to hear him say that he wouldn’t want to deal with me but instead he replied by saying, “That’s a good thing.”

  “How? Most guys wouldn’t think of that as a ‘good thing’ if they’re used to having with lots of women like you are.” I said.

  “Well I’m not like most guys anymore. I honestly can’t believe people still think of me as a playboy when I haven’t been doing stuff like that in two years. I’ve honestly been looking for someone that I can be serious about and here you are, I’m not letting my past ruin my chances with you.” He said in a determined tone. “But if you really don’t want to do it right now, that’s just fine with me.”

  I’ve had three boyfriends before now, each guy worse than the last. They all made me believe that they starting dating me because I was “smart” or “funny” but in the end the reason for them dumping me was the same, I wouldn’t put out. After what happened with my last boyfriend, I was determined to wait until I felt that I met the right person. There were times when I didn’t think I’d ever meet that person and that he didn’t exist but I came to the conclusion that he will want to have with me when I’m ready for it. The right person will want me to be comfortable with an important decision like that. The right person will really support me with that decision. Philip is the only man who’s ever told me that it’s okay if I make him wait for me. Why is that a billionaire (ex) playboy understood something that average joe’s didn’t?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter