Seul-gi: 16

The Unexpected (Book 2)

I went to our class earlier than I should. I saw one of my teachers pass by, like he's in a rush. I called his name, but he was walking too fast. I started following him because I really need to pass an activity. It's due today.

 

 

I followed him until he was behind the building. But before I could go any furthur, I heard him talk to a girl. I tried looking at them, and I only saw the girl's face. She's... crying. What's happening? Should I... No, Seul-gi. This is none of your business.

 

 

I just walked away from them. I'll pass this later, then. That sight made me feel uncomfortable. But maybe she was crying because she failed in his subject, right? That should be it! Nothing more to it. I'm just overthinking things. Ever since I found out about Kris and Ms. Song, not that it matters now, but I've been thinking about the other possibilities.

 

 

I received a text from Sehun. He says he wants me to meet his friends. Does he even have other friends aside from Edison? Or is he talking about him? I just laughed at the thought. He even texted me where, what to wear and what time he'll pick me up. How can I say no to that?

 

 

He told me to wear a dress. Something nice, but not too short. I chose a pastel yellow dress and paired it with white flats. I just brought a small bag with me. I only need my phone, keys and wallet. I told Irene I won't be having dinner at home, and she just nodded.

 

 

I saw Sehun's car outside, and he came out. He looked good, though it wasn't really the suit-and-tie combo, but he looked classy in his silky grey polo, black slacks and black shoes. His hair brushed up, and he looks absolutely stunning.

 

 

"Let's go?" He said and opened the door for me. I went inside and he ran towards the driver's seat.

 

 

The whole drive was quiet. I'm not really sure why, but it feels right. We both feel comfortable with just this. I looked at the restaurant. I've never been here, but I think the food here are French or Italian. I'm not really sure.

 

 

We went inside, and he said something to the waiter. The waiter then guided us to a room Sehun rented. I looked at the setting, and it looked nice. It has a warm vibe to it. And I think they'll be serving us pasta. I hope so, because I've been craving for pasta.

 

 

"They'll be here shortly." He said.

I couldn't hold it any longer. "Do you even have other friends aside from Edison?"

I saw his eyes widen. "How did you know Edison?"

I pretended to think. "He's my cousin's friend. How could I not know him?"

"Which cousin?"

"Kris."

"Kris is your cousin?" He blurted out.

I laughed. "Yeah, why?"

"All this time, I thought he was flirting with you!" He said and frowned. "But why didn't you know me?"

"What do you mean?"

"I'm friends with Kris, too."

"Actually, Kris' sister, Seohyun, has a friend. Tiffany. You know her?"

His frown turned into a scowl. "Yeah."

"She's a friend of Seohyun's. And she became my friend, too."

"Seul-gi-" Before he could speak, a waiter came inside and asked us if he invited a certain Edison. He just nodded.

 

 

"I knew it!" I told him. He just frowned again.

"Seul-gi, let's not talk about Tiffany in front of Edison, okay?" He warned me.

"Uh... okay." I said and it's as if on cue, Edison and Ms. Song came in.

 

 

 

The boys greeted each other. And I saw Edison glance at me. I smiled at him shyly. I don't know how to react. He just laughed and hit Sehun in his arm.

 

 

"er! You finally found someone good!" When he said that, Victoria slapped his arm. "Oww!"

"Watch your mouth." She said and whispered something in his ear. He just giggled.

"We're still waiting for someone." Sehun said and he exchanged glances with Edison. "You mean he'll be here?"

"Yeah!" And again, it's as if on cue, someone came in. Or rather, two people came in.

 

 

I was surprised to see Mr. choi and his girlfriend, Sulli. I smiled at her, and she smiled back. Sehun exchanged high-fives with Mr. Choi, and smiled at his girlfriend. They look so good together! Why am I so happy looking at them?

 

 

"This is Minho, the biggest er out of the three of us." He said and Minho scowled at him.

I nodded. "I know him, too, Sehun." I said and he frowned.

"Great! You know everyone!" He said that sarcastically.

"It's great that you brought your girlfriend, Mr. Choi." I said, and everyone fell silent. Did I say something wrong?

"Ah, Seul-gi..." Sehun said awkwardly. I looked at him. "She's not his girlfriend."

"But-"

"She's his cousin." He said that like he was so sure.

 

 

I saw Sulli look uncomforable, and so is Mr. Choi. There was an awkward silence, but I decided to just break the silence. I caused this. Why am I such an idiot? But I'm so sure he introduced her as his girlfriend. Well, it's none of my business.

 

 

"Ah, sorry." I said and I looked at Sehun. "I'm probably just hungry. Let's eat?" I asked him.

He laughed awkwardly. "Yeah." He said and cleared his throat. His tone changed, like he's trying to make the atmosphere light and fun. "Sit down motherers."

"Can you stop calling them that? Aren't you ashamed Ms. Song could actually hear you?" I scolded him.

"Oops. Sorry, the girls are here." He said and they all laughed.

 

 

I looked at all their plates. Sulli is having a vegetable pasta. Isn't that disgusting? I looked at the other's plates. Most are eating seafood pasta. Why am I the only one who wanted to eat meatballs? I just shrugged it off and we all silently ate.

 

 

"Party later?" Sehun suggested. It's not really a bad idea. And besides, he's with me.

Edison looked at Ms. Song, and she laughed. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I'm asking for your permission." He said cutely. Mr. Choi and Sehun acted like they're gonna throw up. He just frowned at them.

"You can go tonight." She said and he smiled.

"But I want you to go with us." He said that, and she nodded. "YES!"

"Well, it's settled." Mr. Choi said, and they all agreed which bar they'll go tonight.

 

 

I excused myself for the restroom before we leave. I need to retouch my make up, pee and probably fart. There's no way I'm gonna do all that in front of everyone. I went inside a cubicle, and I was about to fart when I heard the door open. I swear it still went out, but it didn't make a sound. This is so embarrassing!

 

 

"Seul-gi..." I know this voice. "Are you here?"

I panicked, a little. Okay not a little, a lot. "A-ahh, y-yeah..." I stuttered as I quickly took my perfume from my purse. I sprayed a little bit on the cubicle, then on my wrist. Damn this situation!

"Can I talk to you?" She said and I nodded even though she couldn't see me.

 

 

I stepped outside and took out my lipstick. She looked at me like she's begging. I don't know why, but I looked at her. She's really pretty. Her skin is really silky, and her hair shined. Her lips are red, and her eyes are twinkling. She's tall, too.

 

 

"I know we don't know each other that much... But can you do me a little favor?" She said.

"What is it?" I asked, still looking at her.

"Can you keep our relationship a secret?" She said that while staring straight into my eyes. "Especially from Sehun?"

 

 

 

Why? What's with Sehun? And why do you want to keep it a secret from him? I wanted to ask her that, but damn my head. I nodded instead. And I saw her smile and I heard a faint thank you from her.