Seul-gi: 14

The Unexpected (Book 2)

"How?" I asked.

"Well... Let's just say a certain person pulled out its shares from the company, and my mom bought her shares." What? "My mom was surprised and skeptical. But when she met up with the shareholder, she was young. My mom said she was too young to be a shareholder, that's why she understood."

"If you needed Yuri's money, where did your mom get the money?" The lady that bought my shares, was that Sehun's mom?

"It's not like we actually needed their money... It's just that Yuri had the biggest share in the company. We needed connections. But when that girl sold her shares, my mom offered to buy it. So now, I'm finally free."

"What if..." I hesitated. Should I tell him? "Yuri won't let you go?"

He laughed. "She can't do that. My mom will be CEO in a few months.

 

 

What if his mom was the one that bought my shares? Will it change anything? I really wanted to tell him about how I sold my shares, and what if it was me he was talking about? I looked at him, and he was on his phone. I'm a bit disappointed, to be honest. I was expecting him to chase me.

 

 

I mean, didn't he say he wants me? But what is he doing now? He's really impossible! I thought we'd have this vibe like we're dating, but it looks like we're just eating. Ugh! Why am I too disappointed, anyway? It's not like he'll take someone like me seriously.

 

 

But what am I? Really? I mean, I'm not poor anymore, but does he know that? I don't think so. He probably felt like I was staring at him so he looked at me, and I looked away. I heard him chuckle, so I looked at him again, and he was still smiling at me. What's wrong with him?

 

 

"Take a picture. It'll last longer." He said and laughed.

"Pfft. As if!" I denied.

"Okay... Whatever you say." He said and ate the ice cream.

 

 

 

*

 

 

I went home and when I got inside, I saw Irene drinking water. I went to her and asked her if she slept fine. But I was surprised because she suddenly hugged me. Did something happen again? I looked around, but the house was the way it was when I left. I felt her hands trembling.

 

 

"What happened?" I asked.

"I thought you left me all alone..." Irene said and so I patted her back.

"I'm sorry. I just met up with someone."

"I'm sorry, too." She said and went back and forth. "But what if he comes back?"

"Mino won't come back. He's in jail, right?" I asked.

She sat down and covered her face. I sat beside her because I'm beginning to worry for her. "Seul-gi... I really love him."

"But that love is toxic, Irene." I told her.

"I just... wish he wasn't like that." She looked stressed.

 

 

I feel like something's wrong with Irene. What really happened?

 

 

"Irene. Be honest. What happened?" I asked.

I saw her cry in front of me. "W-what do you mean?"

"What happened the day Mino tried to you?" I asked. I'm really frustrated.

But when I saw how distressed she is, my worries gew. "He-" She bawled. "I'm sure I saw lust in his eyes..."

"I'm here..." I said and hugged her tighter. "It's okay."

 

 

I asked Sehun to do me a favor. To make sure Mino's still in jail and stays there. I mean, I wouldn't want him near my friend. But the guy who helped her, who could he be? And why did he help her? I really wanted to thank that person, but I don't know who he is or is he from here.

 

 

 

*

 

 

I was watching a movie when I suddenly received a text from Seohyun. She said I can drive my car now. Finally! I went to the dealer and quickly used my car. I drove around the city, and I even bought food for Seohyun. I know she won't be able to eat out right now because she'll be very busy.

 

 

I looked around the restaurant, and I saw Mr. Choi sitting. I quickly turned around, but I bumped into someone. Her stuff fell, and she quickly knelt down to pick her things. I helped her, and when we stood up, she thanked me, though I think it isn't really necessary because it was my fault.

 

 

I was surprised when Mr. Choi came to her and asked if she was alright. When he looked at me, I saw shock in his eyes, too. But he played a playful facade. I was about to leave when he suddenly called my name.

 

 

"Seul-gi..." He called. I turned around and saw him with the girl I bumped into walking towards me. "It's been a long time."

"Yeah." I said and looked at her. "You're on a date."

"Ah, yes. Meet Sulli, my girlfriend." He introduced us, and I offered my hand to shake. She accepted, but I could see how uncomfortable she is. Does she know about Mr. Choi and I? Why is she acting like this?

"Ah, anyway, I'll just buy food." I excused myself and walked away from them, not waiting for anything.

 

 

 

I went to Seohyun's office, and I heard screams from her office. I saw her assistant come to me and clung onto my arm. I looked at her with curiousity, and she just sighed. I knocked on their door, and I heard Seohyun tell her assistant off. I just told her it's me, and she told me to come in.

 

 

When I saw who she was with, I was surprised to see Kris. I put the food on her desk and sat down beside him. The tension between them was really high. What's happening?

 

 

"What happened?" I asked.

"Kris is going to persuade Victoria to come back to him." She said, looking disappointed.

"What?" I looked at Kris, and he just crossed his arms. "Why?"

"Because she's still in love with me." He said, and it sounded like he was saying this so many times.

"She doesn't love you that much, Kris! Grow up!" Seohyun said and turned around.

"I don't care about your opinion!" He said and got up. He slammed the door, and I looked at Seohyun.

"I'll try to talk to him." I told her, and she nodded.

 

 

I called his name, and he stopped midway. I ran towards him and I told him we'll talk outside. When we got into my car, I quickly fired the questions I wanted to ask him.

 

 

"Are you sure about it?" I asked.

"Victoria would never lie to me." He said, trying to confirm something.

"What I mean is... Are you sure you're willing to let Jessica go for a love you're not sure if it still exists?"

"I'm so damn confused, Seul-gi!" He said and clenched his fist out of frustration.

"Don't be." I told him, and he gave me a skeptical look. "If I were you, I'd choose Jessica. Not because I want her to be your rebound, but because I could see how much she loves you, and you loved her too. You're just confused, but in the long run, if you decided to pursue Ms. Song, you'll regret letting go of Jessica." I said and patted his back. "Okay? But that was just an advice. It will still be up to you."

"I don't know what to do. I loved Victoria so much. And I love Jessica, too. But..." He suddenly opened the door and went to his car and kicked it.

 

 

 

I quickly came to him and caressed his back. "Jessica loves you, Kris. Don't waste something you both want just because of a confusion." I told him and I went to my car. I'll just go home for now.

 

 

When I parked my car, I saw the man who I bumped into a few days ago. I looked at him. He looks really, really nice. But, is he angry? I unknowingly followed him, and I saw him enter the building without saying anything. Coincidentally, we rode the same elevator, and it was extremely awkward. I really don't know my neighbors here, but I never saw him before. Who is he, really?

 

 

He went down to a floor lower than my unit. Good! I could finally breath. When I reached the 8th floor, I went directly to my room and saw Irene cooking. I smiled at her and she quickly wiped her hands with her apron.

 

 

"You hungry?" She asked.

She's in a good mood. "I already ate lunch."

"Oh, okay." She said.

I looked at the food she was cooking. It was a lot. Did she wait for me to get home? "Have you eaten yet?" I asked.

"Ah, not yet. But I was hoping I can give this to one of your neighbors. The person that saved me from Mino."

I smiled at her. "Ahh, do you want me to come with you?" She hesitated for a while, but she nodded anyway. "I'll just get changed."

 

 

I changed my clothes, and when I was done, we both went out and went to the 7th floor. She knocked on the second room to the right. And when I saw who the owner was, my eyes widened. It was him! The guy I bumped into!