Meeting Her Family

Swimming Is My Life

"Hello!! Earth to Minho!" Minyoung's voice called out.

I blinked and looked at her. "Yes?"

"Are you okay? I've noticed lately that you've been blanking out. You're not coming down with a fever are you?" She placed her hand on my forehead.

I lightly pulled it away. "Of course not. I'm not weak like that but I will admit that there has been something going on in my mind."

"Really? Would you like to talk about it?"

"No, it's okay. It's nothing much."

MinYoung pouted. I just chuckle and rub her head. She immediately smile but then had a serious face on afterward.

"You know that you can come to me for advice or help anytime, right?" She asked.

"Yes, and same with you alright?"

Minyoung bit her lip after she heard that and scooted her chair closer to me. "Well ... there is something I want to confess."

I arc an eyebrow. "Does this have to do anything with that recent event with Mr. Kwon?"

Earlier, MinYoung skipped lunch with us which was rare. The only time she ever skipped was during that week when that girl threatened her and when  Taemin took her away to the roof. But to decline it today, we had our suspicion. So when we left, we came back after awhile to hear her calling Mr. Kwon - Jiyong Oppa. We were all shock and I learned that Mr. Kwon and MinYoung had been sharing a friend type of relationship but I also learned that ... Onew and Key liked MinYoung. It was obvious because they were very, very angry and jealous.

"Oh ... Well, kind of but it's not about Ji ... Mr. Kwon in general. It's something else." MinYoung sighed.

"Well, tell me about it then."

"Well ... You promise not to tell anyone?"

I stared at her. "MinYoung, you know. I wouldn't do something like that."

MinYoung sighed again. "I know, it's just that I'm still confuse right now. Anyway ... I think ... I might be in love with either Kibum or JinKi."

I blinked. "You just realized that now?"

"W-what? You've noticed?"

I chuckled and leaned back in my seat. "It was very obvious. You went from hating on Key and not talking to JinKi much to being obedient and shy around them."

MinYoung turned a shade red and looked down. "I-I didn't realize that it was that obvious. But ... what do you think I should do?"

I took a glance at Key and saw him glaring at us. I gave a small smile. "Just wait. I believe, I think something's going to happen soon."

"Like what?" MinYoung asked, curious.

I pat her head. "That's for you to find out. Anyway, I think Key wants you. Go."

MinYoung giggled. "It's weird how he has this effect on me. Anyway, thanks for the advice Minho. I will wait patiently. Bye!"

Minyoung hugged me and went to sit next to Key who immediately turned happy. I looked at them curious. There was a secret bond between them, I already knew that. But it was different ... I felt like there was a big secret behind them. I shrugged and sighed.

*Why would anyone want to love someone? It brings pain and sometimes betrayal. It's so much trouble too...*

Being in love is something that I will never understand or even want to understand.

 

*Splash*

I dived under the water and swam back and forth for a while before coming for air. When I did I saw two girls waiting on the other end.

*Great, what do these girls want now?* I thought, but they surprised me.

"Hey, you're Kapio's rival, right?" The skinny girl asked.

"Um, I believe so. Who are you guys?" I asked.

"You can call me Ka'ui," The skinny girl informed me, "and this is Pi'i."

"Hey." Pi'i greeted.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Minho. How can I help you?"

"Psh, why so formal? We came to ask if you wanted to come to our family party." Ka'ui rolled her eyes.

"Family party? Why are you inviting me?" I asked as I got out and started to dry myself off.

Pi'i smiled. "Because, this is the first time Kapio has ever acknowledge a boy before and it's interesting. So, you have to come."

"Wait, what if I say no?" I protested.

Ka'ui grabbed onto my arm and started pulling me. "Sorry, that's not an answer. Let's go!"

"Now? But, I have to go get ready!" *DAng this girl has a strong grip.*

"You're fine the way you are." Pi'i said, following along.

"It's not a formal party so don't worry. You won't be the only one dressed half , alright? Although I do have to admit, you probably will be the only one with good-looking abs." Ka'ui winked and laughed as she pulled me along.

We got into the elevator and rode it all the way up to the 5th floor. When it opened I heard loud music blasting and saw people everywhere. But it wasn't like club dancing or something, but it was actually a family party.

"Ka'ui, Pi'i!! Where have you guys-" Kapio yelled, but it was cut short when she saw me. "W-what are you doing here?"

"We invited him." Ka'ui winked.

"Why would you do that??! He isn't family."

"But he's a friend and that's acceptable. Anyway, come in Minho, and make yourself at home." Ka'ui smiled and left with Pi'i, leaving me and Kapio in an awkward atmosphere.

"So .... "I said, trying to break the silence.

Kapio sighed. "Well, since you're here already, I guess you can join the party. Come in."

I nodded and followed her. A lot of people were dressed in bathing suit, or were wearing shorts and tank tops. I wondered why they would be and I found my answer. There was a an actual pool inside the house itself.

"W-why is there a pool here when there's one downstairs?" I gawked at the pool that was filled with many people.

Kapio smirked. "Because, my brother is a huge swimming maniac. He makes me and sisters work hard so we can beat our swimming meets. My brother doesn't like to use public pool where people can come anytime and bother us, so he built one and gives us private lessons."

"Y-you're brother ... built this? Who is he?"

"'He is Keo." A deep voice said behind me and when I turned around I was surprised by the sight of how muscular and big he was. "And who are you?"

I stood up straight and nodded my head. "Nice to meet you, I'm Minho."

Keo's eyebrows went up as he looked at me. "Kapio's rival?" I nodded. "Hmm ... I heard about the competition, what made you start it?"

"Well, I've never lost before and I wanted to make it final between us on who was the better swimmer."

Keo grinned. "I doubt you'll win. Kapio works very, very hard."

I glance at Kapio to see her looking bored. "I don't doubt it."

"Anyway ... "Kapio jumped in, "Let's go, Minho. See ya, bro."

Keo nodded and we left him. Kapio led me to the beginning of the pool and we just sat there while the people around us chatted and the people who walked passed would occassionally greet Kapio. Everyone here all looked alike especially with Kapio.

"You want to go for a swim?" Kapio asked.

"A swim? Can we?"

Kapio smirked. "Don't you see the other people swimming around."

I looked away, feeling stupid, and nodded. "Yeah, there's nothing else to do."

We placed out stuff on a chair nearby and dived into the pool. I was too tired to do laps so I just drifted here and there, taking in the scenery. I noticed that there was an opening at the top and realized that Kapio lived on the top of the building. There was windows all built into the ceilings, and you could see the full moon that was floating up in the sky. It was really beautiful.

"Nice, huh?" Kapio drifted next to me and looked up at the moon.

I nodded, not looking at her. "It is. This is really beautiful."

I heard her laugh a little. "Yeah, my sisters always wanted something like this so we built this into the house. I ws against it at first, but now ... I like it. It gives me comfort."

We both drifted into a comfortable silence. But it was ruined when someone yelled, "Party!!" After that it became chaotic. Everyone in the room jumped into the pool and started throwing balls in the air and some other stuff.

A guy saw me and passed me a ball. "Hey, you up for water polo?"

I smirked and nodded. Kapio also joined, but she was placed on the other team. Everoyne who wasn't playing in the game moved to the other side. Some were watching while others were listening to the music that were blasting through the speakers and dancing.

As soon as the whistle blew, we started. Our team had the ball first. I swam to the other side waving at the guy who had the ball. He spotted me and threw it at me. Just before it landed in my hand, someone jumped up and grabbed it and passed it to someone else on their team.

"You're too slow." Kapio smirked and started swimming to the other side.

I just stayed there, dumbfounded, then started swimming back with new determination. When Kapio's teammate was about to pass her the ball I swam forward and grabbed it from her, and passed it to my own teammate. She glared at me and swam back.

An hour passed and we were down to a tie, This was the final point before we were going to finish. My team had the ball right now and we were all determined to win. I swam forward and my teammate passed it to me. I caught and I was right next to the net. I made an aim and threw it ... but Kapio came up and grabbed it from me and passed it to her teammate, who made it into the net, ending the game with Kapio's team as the winner.

I was irritated. *She keeps winning!!!*

"Kapio! Kapio!" Her teammate started to chant and they picked her up and started bouncing her up and down. Kapio broke out into fits of giggles and was smiling brightly. And it was that moment where I felt like I wasn't so irritated anymore, but rather happy that she was happy. I didn't care about whether I had lost or not, but whether Kapio was gratefully happy... *WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME??!!*

I got out of the pool and went out to the balcony and leaned against the railing. I thought back to that moment again and let out a loud, frustrating noise. *Why did I think that way? I always want to win, and if I lose I always feel irritated. Not happy that someone else won!*

I gripped the railing and leaned forward. I took a deep breathe to try and get rid of this uneasy feeling that was stirring in my heart, but it wasn't going away. *Why isn't it going away?*

"Hey, are you okay?" Kapio popped up.

I didn't answer her, but kept trying to take deep breathe.

"Hey, look, if this is about the water polo, well you don't need to make such a big deal out of it." Kapio said, irritated.

I still didn't answer. I was afraid of what I would say, I was afraid that my voice would sound weak.

"H-hey, what's wrong? You being quiet ... kinda scares me." Kapio laid a hand on my back, which made me snap back to reality.

I stood up straight and stepped away. "I-it's okay. I just felt this pain a while ago, but it's gone now."

Kapio breathed out in relief and gave me a soft and gentle smile that made that stirring in my heart again. "Good, I wouldn't want you to feel bad because you lost."

I leaned against the railing and smirked. "Are you ... being nice to me now?"

Caught at her action, Kapio turned a shade red and shook her head no. "O-of course not! Why would I want to be nice to you?"

I smile at her reaction and tried to figure out my emotion. I felt happy and calm, yet anxious and restless. Wonder why.

"Don't be like that. I like it, right now. It kinda feels good to not be so competitive right now."

Kapio stared at me then sighed and smile again. "Yeah, it does. It's really tiring being competitive."

I chuckled and looked out. "You have a nice family and house. You're really lucky you know."

"Why?"

"Because you have a parent who is there for you, sisters who can be very irritating but that just shows that they love you and a big brother who is always looking out for you and willing to help. Then you have all of your aunties and uncles and your cousins. I really envy you right now."

Out of the corner of my eyes I saw her looking at me. "Why? What about your family?"

"What about my family. They're rarely ever around and I don't have siblings. And I certainly don't want to get to know my cousins and aunts and uncles. The last time I saw them they were all snotty and irritating."

"O-oh ... That ... really ."

I let out a short laugh. "Yeah, but it's okay. I have Taemin and the other kingkas and ... MinYoung." I felt myself softened at the memory of her. "Definitely MinYoung."

"Right, MinYoung. I heard about her ... What is she to you?"

I shrugged. "I really don't know that myself. But she is very important to me, I know that for sure."

"O-oh .. I see."

I smirked. "What, jealous?"

SHe looked at me, shock then gave me an angry look. "Definitely not! Why would I be jealous??!!"

I laughed and pat her head. "Okay, okay, calm down. I didn't mean it."

Kapio looked down then she gave me a smile and then everything went slow. Out in the moonlight, Kapio was the most beautiful person I've ever seen. Her genuine smile made my heart race into a frenzy and her beautiful face made me feel ... weird.

I realized something. Kapio was the only girl besides Minyoung who I felt comfortable with and whom I felt like I had a connection with. Lately, everytime I'm around her I feel like I don't have to be hesitant or I have to be cautious. Kapio was ... Kapio.

But ... what do I feel towards her?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sooooo sorry it took forever!! But I had quite a few problems lately so it was hard to update. I'm all better now, so expect more update now!! :3