The Competition

Swimming Is My Life

"Here is the paper, Sir." My personal butler said, handing me a piece of paper.

I read it over and smirked. "This is perfect, thank you very much."

"You're welcome. And the girl is in the pool today, just to let you know." The Butler said.

I nodded and went down to the building's pool. Just like my butler said, Kapio was swimming in the pool. I waited by the edge for her to stop. She arc an eyebrow and got out to dry herself.

"Can I help you today?" Kapio sighed.

When I didn't answer, she turned around and I held out the piece of paper I obtained. Kapio tilted her head and grabbed it. "This contract defines the competition that will be held at the end of the month." She looked up at me. "Competition?"

"Keep reading."

"If both signs, then both agree that they will compete against each other in a swim race. Both participant have to swim at the event at the end of the month; failure to do so leads to forfeit/disqualification and will have to follow the winner's order for a week. Rules: No steroids before the competition. That's it?"

"Yep."

Kapio reread it over again and sighed. "Why did you make this?"

"Because, I've never lost a game before. I need revenge, I'm not satisfied with losing to a person without winning once." I said.

"So ... you're getting revenge by trying to beat me in a swimming competition two weeks from now? Why not now?"

"Because, this is an official and last swimming competition. If i lose this, you get to tell me what to do for a week and I won't challenge you again. I will admit defeat. But If I win, then I will be granted the happiness that I won against you."

"Okay ... You do know that I could possibly make your life a living hell if I win, right?" Kapio smirked.

I arc an eyebrow. "I'm aware of that, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. So ... Do you agree or not?"

Kapio sighed and thought it over. After a while she nodded. "Yes, I agree."

I nodded and handed her a pen. She signed and then I signed it afterward. "Okay, no backing out."

"Of course not." Kapio smirked and held out her hand. "May the best swimmer win."

I shook it and nodded. "You better be prepared."

"Psh, please. I was born ready."

We both departed and I knew that we both felt the same way: determination. Either of us weren't going to back down and weren't going to go down without a fight.

After that day, we met frequently at the pool, swimming - preparing. We rarely spoke to each other, only to say hi. We spoke through our swimming. I've lost to her during our practice, but I was still determined to win the competition.

 

"Let's Start!!!!!" Someone yelled and we all scattered.

I was at Taemin's house for some fun with MinYoung and the other Kingkas. I ran away from everyone else and hid behind one of the water slide. I waited there for about a minute then, cautiously, stepped out. When I did, MinYoung appeared and bump into me. Before I could react she shot me with her water gun and ran away, leaving me drench. I blinked at what happen then turned towards her retreating figure.

"Yah! you don't shoot 'The Minho' and get away with it." I yelled and was about to run after her, but then I heard JongHyun and JinKi nearby. I hid again and waited for them to pass by. When they did, I shot them. They were surprised and slipped. I chuckled and ran after MinYoung. But then I was sprayed by Taemin.

"Haha!!! I got Minho!! I got him I got him." Taemin started cheering but Jonghyun got up and shot him. Then Jonghyun started scolding Taemin for being so fail.

While they were arguing I ran after MinYoung. After awhile I heard Jonghyun and Jinki catching up, saying that they were going to get MinYoung back. Then I realized something ... where was Key? I ran past a few slides then all of a sudden I heard Jonghyun and Jinki getting sprayed by a water gun. I went back to check on them, and they were drench with no MinYoung or Key in sight.

"That dang Key! He's a cheater!!" Jonghyun yelled.

"At least we know where they are." JinKi gave an evil smile, which failed because his eyes just made him look funny.

We devised a plan to catch Key and MinYoung by surprise. After coming up with one, we all went to where Key and MinYoung was hiding and waited for them to come out. Taemin appeared later and we told him the plan, which he agreed to. Later, Minyoung and Key came out and we shot them, surprising them.

"Surprise!!" We all said, and broke out into a huge laughter.

Jonghyun said something, then Key said something but I wasn't sure what they were saying. Because my attention was focused on MinYoung. She was extremely red, and I knew it wasn't from being surprised. She was laughing with the rest of us but her eyes kept darting to Key. *Did something happen?*

After  a little argument between Key and Jonghyun, we all decided to go on the rides. I've noticed that on every ride that we've gone on, Key would sneak MinYoung on to his. They never went on a ride separately but together. It surprised me because I never knew that Key would be like this, especially toward a commoner. He always seem to push them around when he had the chance.

Besides that, though, everything was fine and fun. Taemin and I always shared the same tube. If I had to pick who I was the closest to in the Kinkgas, it would be Taemin. I always felt like I needed to watch over him and take care of him.

When we got ready for a final ride, we all noticed that Jinki and Minyoung wasn't around. Key started panicking and searching for them. It was pretty funny, because he was acting like he lost something precious. But it wasn't funny anymore when we did find them because MinYoung was on Jinki's lap ... their faces just an inch away. Everything went crazy after that.

Key ran up to them and pulled Minyoung away. Minyoung got mad and tried to pull away and then Jinki came and try to help her, but Key punched him then they started arguing. The rest of us just stood there shock because ... well we've never had this kind of problem before.

Minyoung asked a question, which froze Key. He mumbled something and then left the both of them. The rest of us finally got our act together and helped Jinki into the house. 

"i've never seen Key get so angry like that before." Taemin whispered to me as we went into the living room.

"Me neither." I whispered back.

We all resorted to silence, not knowing what to say. Then, Jonghyun got up and the Tv. Eventually, we all forgot about the ruckus and started laughing to the TV show. Later, Jinki showed up and we all asked if he was okay.

"Yeah, it's nothing much. I guess I really shouldn't have done that." He sighed and then sat down with us.

After, Minyoung and Key showed up, smiling.

"I take it that everything is alright?" I asked.

"Yep!" MinYoung said, with a bright smile that made the tense atmosphere disappear. I swear, she had magic.

She left to go change into a pajama and then we all had smores. After that, we ended up with a pillow fight and some other games were played. Then we all laid down to watch movies. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Minyoung's head fall on to Key's shoulder. He looked down and gave her a soft smile. 

Key placed her down on the pillow and did something I wouldn't have expected - he kissed her cheek. And I knew, immediately that something was up.

*What kind of drama will these two create now?* I thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know that this chapter is boring, but it's all going to work out alright?

I'm sorry I was so late on updating. Thanksgiving day, I was cooking. Black Friday, I was being dragged everywhere to find a good price for my new .... IPOD TOUCH!! WHOO!! I've been tweaking it for the last two days :3.