Getting To know Kapio

Swimming Is My Life

"Sorry, I'm busy right now." Key said.

I groaned and nodded. "Okay."

"Sorry, I have to go to this family event." Jonghyun mumbled.

"I'm going to be working in my shop, today." Onew informed me.

"I'm sorry hyung!! But I'm actually quite busy with something!" Taemin, my last hope, said.

I hanged up and fell on my bed. *There's no one whose free? There has to be someone! I'm bored out of my mind.* Then an idea hit me.

I picked up the phone again and dialed Minyoung's number.

"Anyeong!" Minyoung cheery voice called out.

"Minnie!!" I exclaimed through the phone.

"Yah! My name is not Minnie! It is MinYoung!" I could see Minyoung pouting, which made me chuckle.

"Yeah, yeah. Anyway, are you busy today?" I asked.

"Well .... I have to do something right now but in an hour or two i'll be done. Why, are you bored?" *Aahh, she knew me too well.*

"Yes, I'm so bored! I have nothing to do!"

I heard her laugh making me smile as well. Was there anything this girl couldn't do to me? "Well, can you wait for two hours? Then we can go hang out."

"But ... What am I suppose to do until then?"

"Hmm ....you can go to the park and hang out there for a while. Then i'll call you and tell you when I'm ready."

"Okay, finish as soon as possible alright?"

"Yes sir!"

I laughed and then we hanged up. I went to change into a workout outfit and grabbed my basketball. I walked out from my building and went to the park that was nearby. I shot a couple hoops and did a few tricks then sat down on a bench to rest.

I observed my surrounding, taking in the scenery, until I saw Kapio sitting on a bench on the other side of the park. With nothing to do, I walked over to her. She was just staring into space, no emotions or anything written on her face. I sat down next to her, waiting for her to notice me. When she didn't I cleared my throat.

Kapio snapped out of her trance and turn to look at me. When she saw me her face turned into something similar to annoyance.

"What the hell are you doing here? I'm serious, you better not be stalking me." Kapio huffed.

I leaned back in my seat and shook my head. "Of course not. This is the closest park you know, and we do live in the same building. So it's not totally impossible to run into each other here."

Kapio thought about then shrugged and looked forward. "True, I guess. But why are you sitting next to me?"

"What, I can't acknowledge an acquaintance, much less my rival?"

"Well ... I guess you can. Now that you have, you can go now."

"I would ... but you're here all alone and I really shouldn't leave a girl like you all alone. Someone could come and kidnap you." I arc an eyebrow.

Kapio glared at me. "Are you saying that I'm weak?"

"Nope, it's just something that someone taught me." I thought back to what MinYoung told me.

We were at school and we had nothing to do in class. MinYoung and Key were arguing then it seemed like Minyoung had enough since she stood up and came to sit next to me. I asked her what's wrong and all she told me was one thing, with an angry glare if I should add - "Never leave a girl all alone, even if she says that she's strong! You promise?"

It was funny thing to see her angry because she definitely couldn't pull it off. Even when angry, she still look like an adorable little puppy. But, she wouldn't stop poking me until I agreed, so I did. And now here I am, keeping a promise.

"Okay ... That smile you have on your face is weird .... You're not mentally undressing me or anything right?" Kapio gave me a suspicious look, while scooting away.

"What do you think I am? A beast? Of course not, I was taught better than that. But, anyway why don't you come and play basketball with me?"

Kapio let out a short laugh. "No thanks. It's not my thing."

"Not your thing? Why ... are you afraid I'll beat you?" I taunted.

"Pfft, please. If I can beat you at swimming, then I'm sure as hell I can beat you at basketball. Give it to me!" Kapio grabbed the ball and headed down to the basketball court.

I chuckled and followed behind her. 

Kapio stood right in front of the hoops and shot it. It made it. Kapio smirked at me. "See?"

I arc an eyebrow and went to the half court line and shot it. It made it.

Kapio swallowed hard and picked up the ball and went to stand where I was. She stared at the hoop, hesitating. Then she shot it, and it missed. Kapio glared at the ball and shot it from a closer spot and it still missed. She grabbed the ball and went a little closer and shot it but it still missed. At this point I was already laughing on the floor.

Kapio sent me another glare and went even closer and shot it, but it still missed which just brought a whole nother round of laughter from me. Kapio went right up to the hoop and tried to shoot it from there, but it missed yet again.

"THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS FREAKING BALL!!!!" Kapio growled and threw the basketball at the hoop. It bounced off from the hoop and came back towards her, hitting her in the head.

I laughed all over again, tears forming. Kapio was laying flat on the ground rubbing her head. When I was sure I could stand, I walked over to her and held out a hand.

"Wow, you're good at swimming yet ... you can't even make a basket." I chuckled.

Kapio glared at me, yet again, and pushed my hand away and got up herself. She dusted herself off and stormed off the court. I gave another chuckle and went after her, pulling her back on to the court.

"Noo, I hate basketball. I don't want to play!" Kapio protested.

"Is that why you didn't want to play in the first place? Because you can't make a basket?"

Kapio looked down but I saw her nod.

"Don't be so down, you made it in the first time, that's good."

"That was just a lucky shot." Kapio mumbled.

"Nah, it was skills. Here, let me teach you how to better improve your skill." I winked and pulled her back to where the basketball was. "Grab it."

Kapio did.

"Okay, now position yourself so the ball is align with the hoop." I informed her.

Kapio did what I said.

"Okay, now bend your knees and raise the ball over your head, but keep your arms bent. Good, now aim the ball and make sure not to throw it too hard where it will just hit the overboard but not too soft where it won't even touch the net. Once you're sure you got it, throw it."

Kapio concentrated on the hoop, then she threw it ... and it made it in. After seeing what happened, Kapio broke out into a bright smile and started cheering!

"I did it! I actually made a basket that wasn't right up in the front. Whoo!!" Kapio turned to me and smiled. "Thank you! That was really cool!"

I chuckled and pulled her to the three pointer line. I told her to do the same thing. Kapio took a little longer to shoot it then the last but when she did, it made it in.

"Oh my gosh! I actually made a 3 pointer!" Kapio turned and hugged me, catching me off guard. "Thank you! I've always wanted to do it, but I was too ashame to ask someone and I didn't know how to teach myself! Thank you!"

Kapio pulled back and looked up at me and I almost felt myself ... drawn towards her eyes and her cheerfulness. 

*Was she always this beautiful?* The question popped into my head out of nowhere and I immediately froze.

Kapio seemed to finally realize what she was doing since she pulled away immediately and looked down. She was blushing and fiddling with her hand.

"U-uh... Um .. Thank you."

"U-uh .... yeah." I stuttered. *Why am I stuttering?* "Would you like to try and play a game?"

Kapio shyly looked up and nodded. 

When we first started it was a bit awkward and tense, but then our competitive side started coming out so it became intense instead. Kapio was getting better, but I was still beating her by twenty points. It was fun and different with Kapio now. We weren't playing to see who was better, but to have fun now.

When we took a break, we were both sweating but laughing and smiling.

"That was really fun!" Kapio said.

Before I could answer my phone was ringing. I checked to see who it was and it was MinYoung. I told Kapio I had to take a call and went away to answer it.

"Minho!!" MinYoung cheerful voice cheered, making a smile appear on my face.

"Minnie! Are you ready?" I asked.

"Yessir! Where shall we meet?"

"Would you like to play more House of The Dead 4 with me? Maybe we can get a high score."

"Of course! I'll meet you at the 'Xing Arcade', okay? Be there, pronto!" Minyoung tried to say it in a commanding voice, but it just ended up in a cute, sweet voice.

"Haha, okay okay ma'am. I'll see you there in ten minutes."

"Okay! Bye!"

We both hanged up and Kapio came up to with the basketball.

"Want to play another game?" Kapio smiled. *She looks really pretty with a smile. She should do it more often.*

I shook my head. "I'm sorry, I can't. I have to go somewhere. Maybe some other time."

Kapio face fell, but she nodded. "Oh, I see. Well, remember. We still have the competition, and no backing out."

I smirked. "Of course I won't. Anyway, see ya."

Kapio said goodbye and I left with my stuff to the 'Xing Arcade'.