Drabble 1 - Softie inside

The Lady

"Unnie, are you ure I have to do this?" Liliana asked her sister the third time on that day and Allena got a little angry. Like she didn't have better things to do, she thought with sarcasm.

"Lili, please stop whining, we are near to him, we have to be quiet" she said and opened up her senses. They were in the forest to hunt down a troublemaker vampire, who liked to torture humans. Allena had to take care of this vampire because the humans started to whisper about vampires now and they didn't like how it got too much attention. But she had another job: she had to teach her younger sister how to get rid of a problematic and law breaker vampire properly without more attention on them. Her parent asked her to take Liliana with her and try to teach her to do it.

"It's a bad idea" Liliana said while looking around carefully.

"It wasn't my idea, you know it" she said coldly and annoyed.

"Unnie, you don't look good, are you alright?" she asked carefully.

"What do you think? Of course I'm not! I didn't sleep in the last three days, and I want my husband and my son!" Allena said. "Now, please stop complaining and concentrate! I want to finish this quickly."

"But unnie, I..." she started but Allena heard a noise so she quickly covered with her hands. Liliana was starng at her with wide eyes and Allena could see a little fear in them. God, how can she be like this, she thought. She often wondered how innocent and lovely she was despite her family wasn't like that at all. Her family was cold and serious sometimes they even seemed emotionless too, but her sister was different, she was kind and sweet so Allena didn't really like the idea of ruining it with this bloody work.

In the next moment they heard someone running and they saw a dark figure rushing towards them so Allena quickly changed their positions and now she was standing in front of her sister ready to fight with the man. But he stoped before he reached them and now they could see who he was. The man had dark messy hair a lot of dust and dirt on his face and a lot of blood on his clothes. He had a crazed look in his eyes and Allena let out a noise when an awfull smell hit her nostrils. This man was definetaly crazy, she thought and she suddenly attacked him.

At first he was quick to dodge the hits from the girl but Allena moved quicker and she finally could take the man down and rip his heart out. She was still holding the heart in her hand when she heard a strange noise from behind and she quickly turned around and she froze.

"Oh my god what are you doing here?" she asked the newly arrived man angrily. "Chanyeol, you really think this is a good environment for a twelve years old child?"

"But I missed you!" Chanyeol said and squeezed gently the hand of their son, Chansung.

"Eomma!" Chansung shouted happily and wanted to run to you but his father saw you were still holding a heart in your hand so he didn't let him go. "I missed you!" Chansung said with a wide smile on his face and Allena sighed. They shouldn't be here, she thought but she reminded herself that her sister is standing there too and she didn't look good.

"Catch!" Allena said and threw the heart to her sister who caught it but then she just dropped it with a little scream, disguist was all over her face.

"Seriously? We are drinking blood but you freak out because of it?" she asked with a tired expression on her face.

"We don't drink human blood, unnie!" Liliana protested and her sister just rolled her eyes. And she should teach this little 'I'm afraid from everything' girl to hunt vampires? It was time to look for another job, she thought slightly smiling on her own joke.

"You know sometimes I am questioning if we have the same parents, we are too different" Allena said slightly annoyed. "And you!" she pointed towards her husband, "Why can you never do as I say? God, you didn't change at all, you still like to ignore everything I just tell you. You know I ask you to do things with a good reason" she said and it was supposed to be a scolding but the receiving person didn't even flinched at it. Chanyeol just continued to smile brightly at his wife and took up his son. "You're getting on my nerves" Allena growled because she knew Chanyeol didn't care about her scolding he just did what he wanted to do and no one could stop him.

"But a a few minutes ago you said that you want him and your son" Liliana said with innocent expression and she just turned slightly away when Allena was glaring at her in return.

"Really? Did you miss us?" Chanyeol asked with a knowing glare and a teasing tone and Allena sighed in defeat.

"Okay, I did, but I don't even know the reason because when you are here you just annoy me all the time" she said but her voice wasn't convincing at all.

"But you love me anyway don't you?" he asked with a wink and along with his son he laughed at the cheesy line.

"Eomma, I missed you too" Chansung repeated what he said earlier and threw a kiss towards his mother. God, they are so alike, she thought with a gentle smile.

"I missed you too, son, but your father really shoulnd't have brought you here. I was dealing with a dangerous, evil vampire" she said while taking her son away from Chanyeol's hands.

"It's okay eomma, I will protect you" he said while hugging his mother and resting his head on her shoulders.

"Are you tired, baby?" she asked him but he just shook his head. "Oh, come on, sweetie, don't lie, I can see it on you" she said still speaking on a gentle tone.

Chanyeol was trying really hard to hold his laughter back. He loved the way his wife always softened when it came to their son. She is a big softie on the inside, he thought with a warm smile on his face. He still rememberd those early days when they finally confessed their feelings to each other and she was finnaly fully healed from her injuries. Back than when she said that Chanyeol is annoying he became said and he was afraid that she will leave him. And on one day when Allena was acting a bit colder than usual, he went on a walk to think about it.

On his way he met Allena's little sister, Liliana, and he told her about his fears. She was laughing so hard after it she barely could breath for a minute. And when she finally stopped laughing she just told Chanyeol not to worry on this. She is just like that, she said, she usually acts cold and says you're annoying but if you pay close attention to her and you get to know her you will see it too that she is a softie on the inside.

After that Chanyeol was trying to get to know her better and looked really closely, and Liliana was right after all. Chanyeol saw all those little acts what told him she was actually caring. The way she stared at him sometimes whn she thought he doesn't see it, the 'accidental' touches she gave him from time to time, the way she always spoke about him to others gave her away. She may have been cold on the outside, but on the inside she was a caring person. So now after twelve years of marriage Chanyeol never got scared when she stared at him like he was annoying, he wasn't afraid anymore that she won't want him. He just laughed at it, because he knew her better to think like that.

"Chanyeol! I asked where are your packages" Chanyeol heard her voice which he didn't hear earlier because he got lost in his thoughts.

"Oh, sorry, Lena, I didn't hear it. We rented out two rooms if it i all right for you, dear" he said cheerfully. "Oh, and I got a massage from your parents, they wants us to visit them in two weeks."

"Really? Fine" she said clearly not happy about it. Chanyeol thought, she couldn't really forget the past yet, but they got more friendly around each other. Accourding to his opinion Lena tried to be friendly with them because of their son, but you can't just wash away almost 300 years of hate that easily. She needed time to forgive to her parents.

"So we will see grandfather and grandmother?" Chansung asked excitedly. Of course he is that happy about it, his grandparents loved him and loved to play with him or give him presents.

"You know I should be hurt, they don't invite me this often" Liliana winked at Chanysung and the boy giggled sweetly.

"Okay, son! It is time for you to go to bed, and eomma is tired too, so let's get going" Allena said and put her son down. They started to walk towards the town and when the mother and the son was near to Chanyeol Allena grabbed his hand and didn't let it go till they reached the inn where they had a room.

Typical, Chanyeol thought laughing in himself about her behavior. She scolded him a few minutes ago and she acted so icy but she was walking hand in hand with him and she refused to let it go. Just like he thought earlier, she was a softie inside.

 




 

Hi guys! I just wanted to add an extra to the story, but it didn't turn out that well how I imagined it, but I hope you will like it!

Have a good day, byebye ^^