First

The Lady

"Please, my Lady! I don't have any relatives, and my son is so young! Please, help him, raise him up!" the woman pleaded but Allena just stared at her with her cold light blue eyes.

"Why would I do that? Didn't you hear about me, woman? Do I look like a kind and gentle lady? I don't like humans, they are getting in my way too many times" Allena said on a strict voice.

"But... You saved us! I saw it" the woman said shakily.

"And that's why you think I would take your son with me? I didn't save you, I just took care of a troublesome vampire. Humans are food! And we shouldn't play with our food, so I take care of the vampires who think otherwise. But don't think I care about such little and weak creatures as humans. You are just dust compared to us, vampires, your human lives are just like minutes for us. So find another option to take care of your precious son and leave me alone with it!" Allena told the mother and started to walk away till Dean stopped her.

"My Lady! I think we could use the boy. I'm sure if we teach him, he will become a big help for both of us" the man said and Allena turned back. She watched the boy for a long time, and tried to think. Her servant had always great suggestions but this time she wasn't sure she should do what he said. The boy was too thin, he had almond eyes, big ears and a serious expression on his face. He was too small and he looked weak. Because he was weak, Allena thought, every human was. They were fragile, weak and most of them were dumb. They wasted their lives for endless fights for territories and for limited powers. They didn't even know the real meaning of that word.

"It's not a good idea" Allena said.

"Please, my Lady, I really think, he will be helpful" Dean told her.

"Fine!" Allena said with a sigh. "What is your name, kid?"

"I'm Chanyeol!" the boy said on a serious voice.

"Nice to meet you, Chanyeol, I'm Dean" the man greeted the kid. "From now on, you will live with us, and you will help me to take care of my lady, okay?"

"I understand, sir!" the boy said on a sad voice. "I will do my best!"

"Whatever! Just don't get in my way!" Allena said and walked away without looking back.

"I won't, my Lady!" Chanyeol answered with a slight smile. Allena shoot a blaming stare to Dean, who just smiled at his mistress. He was serving her for a long time now so he didn’t get scared because of just one stare.


The next few days Chanyeol had to get used to Allena’s lack of expressions, she always stared at him with ice cold eyes and something close to hate. He always got scolded because he got in her way as she often told him. The Lady never forgot to remind him that he is just a human kid and nothing more. Chanyeol tried everything to please her, but he was always a little clumsy and he caused a lot of trouble. So she called him useless, she wanted to kick him out all the time and treated him like some bothersome bug.

It was a big change for him after his mother who loved him so much. But unfortunately she was sold by his owner and the next Lord didn’t want the child, and he said to the mother to get rid of her kid, because he can’t come. His mother begged for hours but she only got a big beating for that and a promise she won’t get food for two days.

His mother hid him in an empty house in the forest but she couldn’t often visit him so Chanyeol starved and became lonely. One day when his mother was with him and they took a walk, a bad vampire attacked them, but Allena came and killed him. So his mother thought, she could take care of her son.

But it turned out, that the Lady didn’t kill the vampire to save them. She was some kind of guard who killed the vampires who broke the rules. The vampires should only see humans as food and don’t get involved with their lives. Most of the vampires didn’t want attention but if the news about vampires spreads, too many human would hunt them. But some vampires just couldn’t stay away from playing with the human lives and Allena chased them and killed them so they won’t cause more trouble.

Chanyeol thought it’s a cool thing to do, but the Lady only considered it an annoying job which she had to do. Once Chanyeol asked why she should be the one to do this job, but he never got an answer. The Lady and the other vampire – Dean – often ignored his questions though. But when Dean just smiled at the little boy with a soft look in his eyes, the Lady just glared at him with her cold eyes.

“Chanyeol, can’t you hurry? You’re slowing us down” Allena asked the young boy with annoyance in her eyes.

“My Lady! He is just a kid, he can’t be that fast” Dean reminded her softly while Chanyeol bowed and said sorry.

“He is a HUMAN kid. A vampire child would be faster” Allena stated arrogantly and the boy lowered his head. He wanted to please her so badly, he wanted to help her to show how grateful he is, because she took him in, but no matter what he did, it was never enough. He slowly started tearing up.

“Hey! It’s alright, please, don’t cry!” Dean tried to comfort him.

“See? I told you! He is just trouble for us and we don’t need it” the Lady stated and Chanyeol cried even harder.

“My Lady, please! Don’t say it to him! We should just take our time and teach him, raise him. I know, he will do well if we give him a chance” Dean said and took up the kid.

“Fine, fine! But you will teach him not… Wait! What is…?” she started but suddenly a dark figure jumped out from the near forest and tried to reach Chanyeol. Allena was quick to respond. She jumped in front of Dean who still hold the boy in his arms, grabbed the stranger’s arm and twisted it. The man shouted in pain before he snarled and Chanyeol saw his sharp teeth. He was a vampire, he realized and continued to stare at the Lady who still fought with the unknown vampire.

“The kid! I want him, he smells tasty” the man growled on a raspy voice.

“You have to beat me first” Allena said and Chanyeol saw her holding a silver dagger, before she stabbed it into the vampire. A long and painful cry could be heard from the stranger and he slowly turned into ashes.

Allena turned around and looked at the two boys for a second before she started to walk away.

“Let’s go!” she said and when Dean put down Chanyeol he ran to her and stopped right in front of her. “Kid, what are you doing?” she asked coldly.

“I wanted to thank it” Chanyeol replied with a cute smile.

“Thank it?” the Lady asked.

“That you saved me” the boy answered.

“No, I didn’t” she said a little louder this time.

“Yes, you did. You could have given me to him, but you protected me. Thank you, my Lady!” he said and bowed.

“I… You… Dean would have been upset if I’d do that. Don’t get me wrong, I still don’t like to have you around!” she stated coldly but Chanyeol didn’t care. All that mattered to him was that the Lady saved him again and this time it wasn’t because she had to deal with a criminal vampire – that was how Chanyeol called the vampires who broke the law in himself – but it was because she protected him. And it caused a warm feeling inside him.


“Chanyeol where were you, the Lady was looking for you everywhere” Dean said instead of saying hi to the 18 year old boy.

“I just walked a little…” Chanyeol answered, his deep, husky voice echoed in the empty hall.

“Chanyeol, why are you late? I told you to hurry back” Allena appeared out of nowhere, she often did this so Chanyeol didn’t even flinch.

“I’m sorry, my Lady” he said with a little guilt in his voice. The Lady always wanted him to be back as fast as he can, but he loved to walk around and often got back hours later than he should.

“I won’t say, it’s okay, because it’s not. Why can you never do as I say?” she asked and walked away. Chanyeol felt guilty. He knew, he always caused her trouble, he often did things what the Lady didn’t want, and he was always a little clumsy. For example two days ago he gathered a lot of wild roses from a glade, he wanted to give it to Allena, but it turned out, she hates roses, and she ended up yelling at him. Dean said he never saw her that angry.

“I made her angry again didn’t I?” Chanyeol asked Dean.

“It’s not your fault, she shouldn’t forbid everything, she can’t keep you hostage. Don’t worry about it!” Dean said while patting his shoulder and he went to speak a little with his Lady.

“Every time he doesn’t hurry back you go a little crazy. Why can’t you let him walk? Or talk with other humans? Why are you behaving like this?” he asked Allena already feeling a little too angry.

“It’s not safe” she said.

“You always say that, but I don’t see any danger in it. He won’t tell anything about us to the humans” Dean said loudly.

“It’s not the point. I told him to hurry back, but he disobeyed” Allena said.

“I ask again, what danger are you talking about? If you are not worried he will speak about us than what is it that you’re afraid of?” he shouted, now he was really angry.

“You don’t have to know” she said and it pissed him off more.

“What do you mean I don’t have to know? If we are in danger, then I have every right to know what it is” he said.

“No, you don’t. And if you don’t like my way you can freely leave me. You don’t owe me anything” she said, her voice was still calm and cold.

“My Lady…” Dean whispered. He didn’t expect her to say that so easily, it hurt him how she seemed not to care about if he was with her or not.

“Look! I have my reasons and believe me when I say this, it’s better if you don’t know. But if you don’t want to live like this, I understand and you can go” she said calmly. “And now, please, would you leave me alone? I’m tired.”

“Yes, my Lady!” he said and bowed to her before he went to his own room. He didn’t even see Chanyeol standing close to the door with a worried expression on his face.

In the room Allena sighed and closed her eyes for a few seconds. She didn’t want to hurt him, she didn’t want to behave like she didn’t care about him, but she had no choice. Both Chanyeol and Dean would be in bigger danger if they knew. And she was not sure if she could protect them or not.

They are getting closer and closer, she thought and tried to calm herself. She was scared. She was scared that they will find them, and the past repeats itself. God, I shouldn’t have made them into my servants, she thought, now look at this mess. She was always running from her chasers and the boys had no idea about it, but they were getting closer and closer no matter where she ran. If her chasers knew about her servants… That would be a disaster. So they have to leave… again. They didn’t even spend a month here but they already has to leave. She has to tell them to pack their things, she thought and went to find them.


Two months later Chanyeol was packing their things in preparations to leave again, and he was thinking about the Lady’s behavior. He noticed a slight change in her and it wasn’t pleasant. Of course she remained cold and she often scolded him but now she wasn’t calm anymore. She was nervous, both of the guys saw it and it freaked them out. The once cold and calm Lady who only got annoyed sometimes or angry became cautious and nervous all the time and they didn’t know the reason. They just knew something was wrong.

He was still thinking about this when they were sleeping in an unknown forest that night. It was unusual that they didn’t sleep in an inn, they never did it before. But Allena couldn’t be convinced if she had something in her mind, so after a few questions about her reason stayed unanswered they gave up and do as they were told. Sooner that day they bought a few things for spending the night in the forest, so they weren’t cold.

Now everything was organized and Allena told the boys, it’s time to sleep, but Chanyeol couldn’t fall asleep he just closed his eyes and tried not to freak out because he had a bad feeling about this whole sleeping in the forest thing.

“Kid, why aren’t you sleeping?” the Lady asked and Chanyeol sighed. He knew she will notice he is not sleeping.

“I can’t. I… I just have this feeling you will disappear if I fall asleep” he said and sat up.

“You say it like it would be a bad thing” she said surprisingly softly. Chanyeol felt a knot in his stomach.

“Of course it would be a bad thing” he said quietly because he didn’t want to wake the other vampire up.

“Relax, kid! I’m not saying it will happen” she answered but she acted so weird, Chanyeol never saw her like this. Maybe she was just tired, Chanyeol tried to calm himself down.

“You should try to fall asleep, you will be tired tomorrow” she said still softly.

“But before that… Please, my Lady, promise me you won’t disappear while I’m asleep!” Chanyeol pleaded.

“I thought you didn’t like me” she whispered maybe just to herself.

“No, no, no, no! Why do you think that? You are my Lady. I… I’m so thankful that you took me in, took care of me, and saved me a lot of times” Chanyeol said.

“Took care of you? When did I do that? No, don’t answer! It’s late and I’m tired. We should sleep” she said and laid down.

“Couldn’t you just promise me you won’t disappear when I’m asleep? It would help me falling asleep” he whispered.

“Okay, I promise” she said softly. “But now you have to sleep. It’s an order” she said on a cold voice and it calmed Chanyeol down, because that was how she always sounded. Everything will be fine, he thought and the last thing on his mind was how much he wanted to remain at her side forever before he fell asleep.


The next day Chanyeol woke up early. He heard strange noise and he sat up immediately and looked around. At first he saw Dean still sleeping, his peaceful face calmed him a little but then he turned to see the Lady and she was not there. He stood up so fast he almost tripped in his own foot but he didn’t care. All he cared about was the Lady’s absence. He started to take steps into every direction but because he didn’t know where to start searching for her he always stopped and took another step to another direction.

He was confused. Allena promised him she won’t disappear, and he couldn’t bring himself to believe she was lying, but he just felt fear rising in his chest, it formed a knot in his stomach too.

“Hyung!” he shouted to Dean unable to do anything in this moment and the vampire male opened his eyes.

“What is it, Chanyeol-ah?” he asked on a gentle but raspy voice.

“The Lady is missing!” he said nervously and it made the other man jump up right away.

“What?” he asked loudly.

“God, you get scared so easily” they heard a calm female voice and it made them relax immediately. It was Allena. “Kid, you don’t believe me? I told you I won’t disappear while you are asleep.”

“My Lady, where were you?” Chanyeol asked and ran to her.

“What makes you think I owe you an explanation, kid?” she asked coldly and Dean hissed. She was in a bad mood, he thought. “I can't even walk without your permission?”

“I’m sorry” Chanyeol whispered, his head was turned down.

“You shouldn’t be this harsh, my Lady!” Dean said but he only received a cold stare from the girl.

“I don’t like when someone keeps checking on me, or telling me what to do” she said and Dean stiffened. Oh god, this doesn’t really sound good, he thought.

“I thought about things yesterday, and what Dean said was right: Chanyeol should be with the humans and not with us” she said and Chanyeol’s heart missed a beat.

“Wait! I didn’t say that!” Dean started but the Lady cut him off.

“It was close to this” she said.

“No, it wasn’t I…” he said but Allena cut him off again.

“It doesn’t matter. I decided Chanyeol should live with his own kind. Here!” she dropped a bag in front of the said boy who just stood there with his aching heart. “It should be enough for your payment.”

“My Lady!” Dean said but no one payed attention to him.

“Won’t you say anything, kid? You should be happy I’m setting you free. Now you can go wherever you want” she said.

“If I can go wherever I want, could you let me stay by your side?” he asked, but it was almost a whisper.

“No!” the Lady answered.

“My Lady!” This time it was Chanyeol who shouted it.

“I told you to leave me” she said on a strict voice.

“If I’m free, you can’t tell me where to go, so if I want to stay…” Chanyeol started, but the Lady raised her hand to make him stay silent.

“Then let me explain it to you, because obviously you can’t get the hint. I want you to leave and never come back” she said slowly. “I don’t want you to stay near me. I was patient enough so far, but I can’t bear it anymore. You are getting on my nerves and I’m tired of taking care of you. You are lucky I am kind enough to give you something to start your new life. You should be thankful!” she finished and Chanyeol froze. Now his heart not only ached but broke into million pieces. He knew it, he knew it that he was a burden for her but hearing it in this harsh way was just too painful. But he couldn’t give up, not just yet.

“What if I do better? Could you give me one more chance? I can do better, I know I can” he pleaded.

“How many other chances should I give to you? I gave you a lot, but you always messed it up. I’m tired of it. Just leave me alone so I can return to my peaceful life again!” she told him, and with this, his legs gave up and he ended up on the floor, his whole body was shaking, tears rolled down on his cheeks.

“Please, my Lady, please! Don’t send me away, please! I don’t want to leave you. I want to stay with you” he said, his sobs were echoing in the little glade.

“Stop it, kid! You are not going anywhere with this. You know I don’t have a heart. You should just accept my decision. Come on, Dean! Let’s go!” she said and started to walk away while trying to shot out Chanyeol’s loud sobs. Dean followed her with their package in his hands and his head lowered. He didn’t say a word, but his heart was in pain too. He never saw the Lady this cruel, but he didn’t mention it just when they were far enough so Chanyeol won’t hear them.

“You shouldn’t have destroyed that kid like that, my Lady! I still can hear him crying” he said lowly.

“Dean! How many years did we spend together now?” she asked almost dreamily.

“Almost 200 years, my Lady” he answered not sure where this is going.

“Don’t you think it’s a lot of time? Too much time to serve one frozen-hearted Lady” she said and Dean could have sworn his heart stopped for a minute.

“What? So are you going to send me away too?” he asked.

“You should stay with him” Allena said.

“Is there something wrong? This is why you acted so weird?” he asked loudly.

“I think it would be the best for you to stay with him, and… protect him” she said softly.

“My Lady…” he whispered.

“Please, if you care about me, then stay with him and take care of him. God knows what would happen to him if he remains alone” she said on a trembling voice. She turned to face Dean and he inhaled loudly, because this was the first time he saw her this broken. “Please! This is the last thing I am asking from you. In his bag you will find a lot of money and a few papers about me giving him a few lands. He has everything what can give him a peaceful life. I hope, you will do this last favor for me, my friend” she said and Dean felt tears in his eyes. She never called him friend, never!

“So this is goodbye?” he asked still fighting with his tears.

“Yes, it is. Take care of yourselves! And don’t tell him about this conversation. It will be better for him that way” she said.

“Alright! I do as you wish, my Lady! It was a pleasure knowing you!” Dean said and took her hands into his. “Good bye!” he said and let go of her hands. He blinked a few times and felt a breeze on his face and he knew she disappeared. He opened his eyes and she was nowhere to be found. He thought back at their moments together and this was when his tears rolled down on his cheeks as he said his final goodbye to her in his head.

 




 

Hello guys!!!! I know you probably hate me right now to end this chapter here, and I'm sorry for that! But don't worry I really hate bad endings, so you can expect good things (even if I didn't figure out everything what will happen yet). This will be a twoshot, so the next chapter will be the final one, buuuut if you like it, I think I can write a sequel, I didn't decide it yet.

So anyway, I hope you liked it, and I will upload the final chapter as soon as I can. 

Have a good day, byebye^^