Second

The Lady

5 years later

“Chanyeol-ssi! Omo, I’m so glad, I found you! My father wanted me to give you this!” a young, beautiful lady told it to Chanyeol, who smiled at her brightly and took the pocket from her small hands.

“Thank you, ahgassi!” he told her and went on his way. His smile faded away too quickly, and he just continued to walk with a tired expression on his face.

This incident wasn’t unusual, he always made friends easily, and the young girls were always trying to get close to him. He became a lot stronger in this 5 years, and he was always handsome, Dean thought as he watched him from afar. But he was just as restless as the Lady was, he never wanted to spend too much time in one village.

Dean could understand it though. After a few months, the mothers of those young ladies started to tell him, he needs a wife and a family. And when they thought the timing is good, they mentioned their daughters to him that they would make a good couple together. Dean always told him, he should just find a lovely girl and get married, but Chanyeol always avoided this subject.

Dean was worrying about him a lot. He became a lot quieter after they were left behind by Allena. He spoke less, laughed less and he couldn’t really sleep at nights. And Dean was so powerless, he couldn’t help him, couldn’t do anything to make him that bright and cheerful Chanyeol he once was.

It surprised Dean the cold and always unsatisfied Lady made him happier than these lovely and kind ladies or the freedom to do anything he wants.

“Oh god, not again!” Dean heard a female voice and he turned to see who it was. “Look! The Icelady is here.” The ahjumma pointed towards someone with her head and Dean turned to see who she was talking about. He saw a familiar female figure on the way with a tall, muscular men beside her. As soon as they came a little closer he felt his heart skipping the beat and starting to beat crazily. It was her! The Icelady, the ahjumma was talking about was Allena herself! Oh, god, Chanyeol, he thought and searched him with his eyes. When he found him, he wanted to run to him, but it was already too late: Chanyeol was staring at the Lady with round eyes and an open mouth.

“Oh, how I pity her fiancé, he has to bear a cold Lady like that” the ahjumma continued and Dean froze. What? Fiancé? That’s impossible, he thought when he felt someone’s presence and soon Chanyeol appeared next to him.

“H… Hyung! Is that…” he started still looking at Allena. Dean whispered a weak yes, but he wasn’t able to do anything else. “Do you think she forgot us already?” he asked on a shaky voice, but the Lady chose this time to look around and she saw the two frozen boys and both of them stiffened.

Allena couldn’t believe her own eyes. After 5 long years she met them again? No, this can’t be real, this is just a dream, like the others she had about them. It can’t be, she thought mostly terrified by the fact she saw them. This is bad, really bad, she thought and glanced at her fiancé.

“My Lady? Is there something you’d like?” Jongsoo asked on a gentle voice as usual, and this brought her back.

“No, thank you!” she answered on her usual, cold voice and started walking again as if she didn’t see the two boys just a few meters away.

“If you wish anything just let me know!” Jongsoo said and secretly looked at the two boys for a second. He let out a gentle smile, but he was thinking really fast. Who are them, what is the connection between them and Allena and why did she react this way when she saw them? He was so curious, but for now he had to hide it. He will find it out later, he promised himself as he gently put his hand on Allena’s waist for a few seconds.

“Hyung! Who is that guy?” Chanyeol asked Dean when he saw how the unknown man touches the Lady.

“Ah, Chanyeol-ssi! It’s so good to see you!” one of the ahjummas said. “What are you looking at, young Lord? Ah! That Lady and Lord who are walking away?” she asked pointing at Allena and the unknown man. “The Lady is called Allena, she is the daughter of a very wealthy family who lives a few villages away. The Lord is from a wealthy family too, but his home is here, and he is the fiancé of the Lady” the ahjumma finished and Chanyeol stiffened. Fiancé?!

“Ah! Thank you, madame for your informations but I’m afraid we have to go! I hope to see you again!” Dean said and pulled Chanyeol away and he didn’t stop till they didn’t reach their house.

“Chanyeol?” Dean asked concerned about him.

“Hyung? What is going on? I don’t understand it” he said on a sad voice. Tears were already starting to form in his eyes.

“Chanyeol!” Dean shouted when Chanyeol kneeled down and started to sob quietly. “Oh, god! Please, get up, it’s okay!” he tried to comfort him, but it seemed like Chanyeol didn’t even hear it. Dean kneeled down next to him and patted his back for a very long time.


Meanwhile Chanyeol literally cried his heart out, Allena wasn’t happy either. She went home as fast as she could and she tried to calm down her heart a little, before anyone would notice her, but her sister – who visited her – came out from her room and saw a really upset Allena.

“Unni? What happened?” Liliana asked, because she never saw her sister like this and it scared her.

“I… Ha…” Allena tried to speak but she was shaking so much, she couldn’t get out coherent words. Her legs gave up after a few minutes and she ended up on the floor while she was rubbing her chest because it felt like her heart was going to jump out.

“Unni! Please, say something!” Liliana screamed and kneeled down. “Oh, my god! Should I send someone to get our parents? Please, unni, tell me what to do!”

“NO!” Allena said surprisingly loudly. When she heard the word “parents” she could finally think properly. She couldn’t let them come, not now. “No, I’m… I’m fine, don’t worry!”

“But, unni…!” the younger girl tried to speak but Allena cut it short.

“No! Listen to me! Don’t tell this anyone, do you understand me? Never! I’m fine, but I won’t be fine if you tell this to anybody, okay? Please!” she asked her younger sister who nodded.

“Unni, what happened?” she asked on a shaky voice.

“Nothing, sweetie, go back to your room, unni has things to do” Allena said, got up and walked out of the house. She needed to find them, speak with them, telling them to just get away till it’s not too late.

It wasn’t so hard to find them, so after half an hour she was standing in front of their house while looking to every directions to check no one was following her.

“Yes?” she heard a familiar voice when the door opened and she saw Dean freezing.

“I need to speak with you” she told him without saying hello.

“Okay, but not inside, I don’t want Chanyeol to…” he started but couldn’t finish, because a deep, raspy voice shouted: “Hyung! Where are you?” And soon enough Chanyeol was standing behind Dean and did the same thing Dean did just a few seconds ago: froze down.

“Walk with me!” Allena said and even if her voice was shaking a little too from her emotions she hoped they were too surprised to notice that. She didn’t wait for their answer, she just started to walk away fast, she wanted to go to the edge of the forest because it wasn’t full with other people.

It didn’t take long to reach their destination and as soon as Allena made sure no one was looking them, she turned to face the two men who stood there awkwardly.

“You have to move away quickly!” she said quickly. “You have to leave and never come back, you understand me?”

“My Lady…” Chanyeol said still amazed by the fact this isn’t one of his dreams and Allena is standing in front of him.

“Dean, did you understand it? You have to pack your things and go, before anyone finds out we know each other!” she explained quickly while she nervously looked around to check if they’re still just the three of them. “Oh, god! Dean, go, pack your things, I will send Chanyeol after you” she said and the said male nodded.

“Kid, listen to me! You have to hurry and leave this village, it’s… it’s not safe” she said and tried to push Chanyeol into the right direction, but he remained still. “Please, just go! And never come back!”

“Why… why are you this worried if I was always a bother to you?” he asked and this time Allena was the one who froze down. , she totally forgot it. She should have just shown she is annoyed by the fact he is here, but she was too worried and didn’t think it out.

“I… I just…” she started and she tried to figure out what to say so he will leave.

“Continue! I am curious too!” she heard Jongsoo’s voice and her heart skipped a beat.

“Jongsoo…!” she gasped but she quickly calmed herself down and put on her icecold mask. “What are you doing here?”

“I would ask you the same thing, because you told me you have things to do at home. But you’re here with an unknown human boy, and I became curious. Who is he?” Jongsoo asked.

“He is no one” she said coldly.

“Oh, please, don’t lie to me! I know something is going on, I never saw you acting like you did just a few minutes earlier and when you first saw him” he replied with a smirk on his face. “What is your connection?”

“Nothing. He means absolutely nothing to me” she said as coldly as she could but she was a total mess on the inside.

“So can I just kill him?” Jongsoo asked her.

“Do whatever you want!” Allena replied. She heard a gasp from Chanyeol, but she was sure Jongsoo wouldn’t do it. But her heart was beating incredibly fast and the fear almost crushed her cold and uncaring mask.

“Alright!” he said and ran towards Chanyeol, but as he expected the Lady was already standing in his way. “What? You told me: do whatever I want. And I am hungry. So that means I am going to eat this fine young man. So if you don’t mind…” he stepped aside to reach the boy, but Allena stepped in front of him again.

“Don’t touch him!” she warned on a dangerously low tone, it was almost a growl, and she was staring at Jongsoo as if she wants to kill him.

“Why? Shouldn’t he be just food for us? Or maybe a pet? Shouldn’t you think like that like all of the other vampires around the world?” he asked cockily and wanted to reach the boy again.

“I said don’t touch him!” she shouted and prepared for fighting with him.

“Why?” he asked again. “Is he important to you?”

“It’s not your business” she said now more relaxed because Jongsoo walked a little farer from them. “And you!” she turned around to face Chanyeol. “Why can’t you never do as I tell you? I told you to never come back. God, you were always like this, you never listened to me when I told you something. When you saw me, you should have just…” she started but couldn’t finish, because Chanyeol hugged her tightly.

“Ch… Chanyeol!” she whispered while she was trying to fight the urge to hug him back. God only knows how much she missed him, every day was like a torture for her.

“I missed you so much, my Lady!” he whispered his voice was trembling.

“Let… let me go!” she said weakly, but the boy didn’t listen. “Chanyeol! Kid! Oh god, please let me go!” She started to panic. What if someone from her family was here? Will that happen again? Could she bear it? – these were her thoughts at that moment. “Chanyeol! Please, please! Oh god, just let me go!” she shouted and pushed the boy farer. She rapidly turned her head around for a few minutes to see if someone was watching them and she just ran away not looking at the two boys.

“My… Lady!” Chanyeol shouted the first word and whispered the second one when he realized she is not near enough to hear it.

“Well, well, well! That was interesting” Jongsoo said with a smirk on his face. “You know the safest solution would be for both of you if you could just walk away and never come back, as she told you earlier” he said and Chanyeol blinked a few times glancing at him, because he didn’t understand what are his intentions.

“What do you mean?” the human boy asked carefully, but Jongsoo just laughed at it.

“Do you know what her family will do to you – and to her – if they will find out about you? God it wouldn’t be pretty” he said.

“Then you want to…” Chanyeol started but he wasn’t sure how to finish the sentence.

“I said it would be the safest. But I never said I want it” Jongsoo said and winked at the boy.

“Then what do you want?” Chanyeol asked.

“Well… Let me tell you a story first, before I do anything else, okay?” he asked and when Chanyeol nodded he just continued. “When I was younger I was really in love with Allena” he started and Chanyeol’s eyes got as big as they could. His stomach twisted and his heart began to beat faster too.

“Relax, kid, I said I WAS in love with her. But it’s in the past. Don’t worry, I won’t take away your precious love from you” he said.

“I… I’m not… It’s not…” Chanyeol tried to explain it, but he couldn’t form normal sentences.

“Of course you are, but now it’s not the point. Would you let me finish the story? Good. So I was in love with her, yeah. I mean she was always so cold, but I knew it was just a mask to protect herself from something. When she disappeared I was broken.

I always knew she didn’t love me, but I thought it would be fine for me to just stay at her side. But after a lot of years what I spent traveling I met with a lovely human girl, and I fell for her. She was just perfect, I couldn’t control my feelings even if I should have. I thought that I would escape with her because she was only 16 and I wanted her to grow a little older before I turn her into vampire, but after a little more than 200 years there was Allena right before my eyes again.

She came with my parents and with her parents to tell me we will get married. I was disappointed. And I didn’t think she would agree, but she did. It scared me a little. I wanted nothing more just my beloved human girl to stay with me forever, be my wife and my family, but they just had to crush my whole world with this.

I wanted to get away now, just run away with my love, but Allena caught me that night and stopped me. She just stared at my girl for a while and asked if she was my love and I wasn’t thinking and I just said yes right away. Believe me if it’s not her it would have been a bad thing to say.

But she told me I shouldn’t run away and just keep pretending. I was shocked. I mean what? She was running for 200 years and now she tells me not to go? Why?

But she told me I have two options. One: I turn her into vampire right at that time which I didn’t want, or two: I should just keep pretending we are accepting the marriage but we are waiting for a little before it, and when I’m ready I can turn my girl into vampire and marry her. She said she can cover for me, if I want it.

I still didn’t understand it. But then she started to tell a story about herself and another human – no, not you – and it turned out to be the biggest secret of her... but this is for another time. See you later!” he finished and started to walk away quickly.

“No, no, no, wait, wait! Hold up! Couldn’t you tell it to me?” he asked pleading.

“Nah, I don’t think so. I will tell it the next time, okay?” he asked but Chanyeol grabbed his arm.

“Please!” he begged to the vampire who started to laugh at it.

“Alright, alright, relax! It was a joke, of course I tell it now.

So her little secret, right. When she was little I mean really little maybe just 6 or something, she had a human little girl as her best friend. But you know our philosophy, right? The humans are food. So her parents didn’t like it, and they tried to make her kill her own friend. They not just told her to do it, or threatened her, no. His father even starved her so she will kill the human girl and eat her. But no matter how hungry she was she couldn’t harm her own friend so they just killed the little girl in front of her. I bet this was the reason why she became this cold by the way. I think it can be pretty hard to get close to someone with this kind of experience” he finished and stared at the human boy.

Chanyeol felt terrible. How bad could have it been for a 6 years old girl to experience that?

“Yeah, it’s sad. But! I want to help her so she won’t suffer anymore. And this is where you come into the picture, human boy. But, I’m not going to lie, it will be dangerous, like really dangerous. Her father really hates humans” he finished.

"But what should I do?" the boy asked.

"We will figure it out later. But first: Jagiya!" he shouted excitedly and a beautiful girl stepped out from the forest. "I told you not to come" Jongsoo pouted.

"And you thought I will listen?" the girl asked with a gentle smile. "So this is the Lady's love? I never thought she could actually have someone..." she said while Chanyeol blushed hard because of her question. But he couldnt stop thinking about it. He rolled the word "love" in his head but he thought it's impossible. He wanted to remain at her side, it is true but loving her? It was something he never thought about. And it's pointles because she will never love him back anyways.

Wait! Love him back? Since when did he want that? And why does it feel bad when he thinks about her not loving him back? Why does it hurt like that?

"Hey, kid, what's wrong? Are you alright?" Jongsoo asked with a concerned face. "You don't look good."

"I'm fine, don't worry" Chanyeol whispered.

"You sure? Fine then. So about my plan, I need a little time to think it over. Meet me here two days later and we will figure womething out, okay?" Jongsoo explained. "Till then... I give you a little work to do: Please think about what you want."

"What do you mean? I want to stay at her side of course" Chanyeol said.

"Yes, but why? Why do you want to be with her? This is the important question. I can help you with the staying with her thing, but you need to figure out why you want that!" he said and Chanyeol stood there quietly. "Alright so I think we have a lot of things to think through. Let's go before anyone finds us here!"


A week later Allena was standing in front of her parents house. She was nervous, they didn't call for her very often and she was curious about the reason. And she also feared it.

"My Lady! What a great plesure to meet you again" she heared a familiar voice and a few seconds later she saw Jongsoo's parents in front of her and it made her even more nervous. This can't be good, she thought, but her face didn't show emotions.

"Jongshik-ssi, Mingyu-ssi, what are you doing here?" she asked politely.

"Your parents called us here today so we can talk about the two families uniting." Jongshik, Jongsoo's father explained. Wait! What is he talking about? Isn't it already taken care of?

"I'm sorry but, what is..." she started but in that moment the gate opened and your parents' old servant appeares in front of the three of you.

"Ah, young lady! It is so great to see you. After you disappeared for all those years I am always worried you will do it again" she said and Allena sighed. After she came back the old woman never stopped mentioning her 'rebellious act' - that was how she called it. "Come in, my masters are waiting for you."

"Allena! I am so happy you could came" Allena's mother, Adeline said.

"Of course I came, you called me" Allena replied not without any sarcasm. If her parents called she came whether she wanted or not.

"Oh honey, it sounds like you only came because you didn't have a choice" she said.

"Not at all, mother" Allena replied on her usual icy tone.

"Ah my Lady your cheerful personality always makes us smile brightly" Jongsoo's voice could be heard and Allena stiffened. What is going on?

"I'm assuming it is not just a family dinner so why don't we start talking about what is going on?" Allena asked.

"Darling, I think you should sit down first" her mother replied and Allena became alerted. This is getting worse she thought.

 

"Mother, please tell me why are we here?" she asked.

"We thought it is time for your marriage, daughter" Allena's father, Adam answered and she already felt panic wash over her.

"I think we already talked about waiting with it" she said, her aura was colder than usual. "And I'm sure Jongsoo wouldn't want it too, so..." she started but the said man started to speak too.

"I suggested it, my Lady" he said and Allena got surprised. "Can I have a word with my lovely fiance please? Alone."

"Of course, dear. Why don't you go and watch the garden? It is a lovely scene" Adeline suggested and the young 'couple' went to the said place.

"Are you out of your mind?" Allena asked when they were alone. "I can't believe you actually said that. I only agreed because I wanted to help you and this is how you thank me?" she asked on a low voice.

"God, Lena, relax! Let me just explain. I thought about it a lot. And I think it is the best for everyone" he said quietly because they didn't want others to hear them.

"How is it the best for us? Don't you have a girlfriend?" she asked furiously.

" Yes I have and I talked about it with her too. Look! If we get married our parents will get what they want, and they will leave us alone. I can live happily with my girl without getting caught and you can continue your life without any trouble. And your parents won't bother you with another marriage thing again. It's a win win for all of us" he finished and Allena stood silently. Yes, it would be the best solution for everyone, then why does it feel like her heart got ripped put of her chest? And why did she immediately think about Chanyeol. It was hopeless anyway. She knew this years ago when she realized she loved him that she has to let him go. And she did. So why does it feel like she's betraying him?

"Okay, maybe you are right, but did you think about if you do it, you can never marry your own love?" she asked him but he only smiled.

"Does it matter? I will be with her anyway" he said.
What am I gonna do, she thought. Should I accept it? Will this be a good thing? But then she thought about Chanyeol and how she never can stay with him and realized it doesn't matter. She can't be with the man she loves so it doesn't matter.

"Fine. But you only can be my husband by name. Nothing more" she said.

"Deal" he told her and raised his hand up so Allena can shake it.

What did I get myself into, she thought while she accepted the hand and shook it a little.


"It's a bad idea" Chanyeol said the 10th time on that day and helped Jongsoo dress up. It was the day of Jongsoo's and Allena's wedding, and Chanyeol felt really bad about it. And he knew why. He realized on that day, when Jongsoo came with this crazy plan of his to marry the Lady. Chanyeol hated the thought. He hated to think someone else will have her to himself when he wanted to be the lucky man to marry her.

Jongsoo didn't want to actually marry her of course, but his plan was to pretend till the altar and try to make her realize she doesn't want it. The problem was that she is really stubborn. Chanyeol thought she won't turn back even if she doesn't want it which he was not sure. His biggest problem was that he wasn't sure how she felt. Yes, she protected him when Jongsoo wanted to attack him on that day, but it doesn't prove anything. He didn't even dare to hope. And he felt even worse when he heard she said yes to the fast marriage thing. 

"I already told you, she will back away. She won't want to marry me she loves you. We only need to give her a push so she finally realizes it" he said but he looked a little nervous.

"I still don't want it" Chanyeol pouted. "Hyung, I still think I should go instead of you."

"God, Chanyeol you lost your mind? They are vampires out there. If they realize you are a human they will kill you before I can move my finger to help you. And if you die Allena will rip my head off" he said an patted his shoulders. "Stay here kid, I will bring her to you" he said and started to walk out of the door. But Chanyeol had other things in his mind. He couldn't bare the thought, he just couldn't. 

"I'm sorry hyung" he said and quickly ran out from the room and locked the door.

"Chanyeol? Chanyeol, no! Please, don't do it, you will get hurt! Damn it kid! Kid!" Jongsoo's voice could be heard through the door but Chanyeol didn't pay attention. He had enough of the hiding and waiting. It was time to just go for what he wanted.


Allena was nervous. She was standing in front of the altar in her wedding dress and she couldn't think anything else just Chanyeol. How she wanted him to be the groom now. But she knew that's not gonna happen. Not when her parents hate the humans this much.

Alenna could understand the reason though, she heard the story of her grandmother and that human man. Her father's mother left her grandfather and her father for a human and never came back. Not even to see her son. And her grandfather still loved her till his death which was too soon. He killed himself because he couldn't bare the life without his love. So yes, Allena understood his father's feelings, but she knew that not every human are the same and her father shouldn't blame every one of them just because this case. And he certainly should think of what's the best for his own daughter.

But he doesn't think like that. And this is the reason why she has to marry someone she doesn't love. Instead of Chanyeol, she thought almost tearing up, but then she just controlled herself. She couldn't let others see how sad she is. So she kept her ice cold mask on and tried to think about something else.

When she heard the steps of his fiancé he stiffened. A tight knot appeared in her stomach and she hardly could breathe properly. But then she smelled a familiar scent and her eyes widened. Congratulations Allena, now you even hallucinate, she thought when she saw Chanyeol walking towards her, but when she heard gasps from the guests she started to panick. No! He couldn't be that stupid to come, right?

"Chanyeol?" she whispered when he finally reached her.

"I'm sorry, my Lady! I couldn't let you marry someone other than me" he whispered back and gently caressed her face.

"No, you can't be here" Allena whispered and started tearing up. "Please, kid, run away!" she said but Chanyeol just shook his head.

"Lena, what is going on?" a booming voice could be heard. "Is this a human boy?" Allena's father asked and she turned to look at him. He became angrier with every seconds and Allena started to panic.

"Father! I explain everything" she started while she pushed Chanyeol behind her. That was the first mistake she made, because it made her father even angrier.

"Are you protecting a human AGAIN?" he shouted and stepped right in front of his daughter. "Step aside, daughter!" he warned on a dangerous tone but Allena just shook her head. "I said STEP ASIDE!" he shouted.

"NO!" she screamed still holding Chanyeol's hand because he tried to step in front of her.

"Don't make me say it a third time!" Adam warned and he got into a fighting position ready to just push aside his daughter and kill this damn human boy.

"Dad, please!" she begged and her father felt a little twitch in his heart. She never called him Dad since that day when he killed that human girl in front of her. But then it just added to his anger. She even begged him to let this man live?!

"I said step aside!" he said again and pushed Alena away, so she ended up laying on Chanyeol. She quickly jumped up and stood in front of Chanyeol again ready to fight for her man. "So you actually could fight with you own father just to save this man?" her father asked hardly believing his own eyes.

"Leave him alone!" she shouted, and with that she attacked her father. Adam dodged the punch and tried to push her out of the way but she just jumped in front of him again.

"Get out of the way!" Adam shouted, and pushed her away again. This time she ended up on the ground hitting her head a little. Adam took advantage on that and quickly sprinted towards the human boy. He raised his hand to just rip the boy's heart out and didn't even realize that Allena jumped in front of him again so his hand didn't reach the human boy. No, he had his hand inside his own daughter's body, and he was holding her heart in is hand.

"ADAM!" he heard his wife's voice screaming and he finally realized that it would take only one bad move to kill his daughter. He slowly took his hand out careful not to harm Allena even more, and turned to the shocked human boy.

"You!" he said pointing towards Chanyeol who was as white as a ghost and hardly could pay attenton to the man because the Lady was bleeding like hell and he didn't know what to do, how to help her. But when he felt two strong hands on his neck which lifted him up he could barely breathe and he struggled to get out of the grip.

"Dad, no!" Chanyeol heard Allena's voice closer than he would expect, and he didn't know how but the grip on his neck disappeard and he fell on his knees. "I said leave him alone!" Allena screamed and hit her father so he fell on his back. He stayed there for a few seconds but when he quickly jumped up he seemed out of his senses. His eyes turned to red and he had a crazed look in it as he jumped in next to his daughter and scratched Allena's chest with his nails so deep her bones could be seen. They could hear Adeline's scream but it didn't stop him from biting butally Allena's neck creating a really nasty injury.

Allena could barely move now as her father threw her into one corner of the room. She didn't even hear Chanyeol's desperate voice as he screamed for her, she only saw a figure bending over her and felt a gentle hand under her neck as he lifted it carefully. She didn't hear her mother's scream either telling her father to just stop before he kills her, and she almost fainted but then she remembered that Chanyeol's life still can be in danger so she lightly shook his head and the pain in her body woke her up a little.

Now she could see them, she could see Chanyeol's crying face while he holded her head in his lap, she could see her shocked father now realizing what he did with his daughter and her worried mother who pushed her husband a little because she was angry.

"Allena, baby, it's okay! Everything will be okay!" Allena heard her mother speaking while she tried to gently move her bloody dress aside so she can see how badly she was injured.

"Mom? Mom, please! Don't hurt him, please!" she pleaded on a weak voice and slowly lifted her hand up so she can grab her mother's. "Please! Please don't hurt him! Promise me, you won't hurt him!" she said and she heard Chanyeol crying even more louder.

"My Lady!" he sobbed unable to do anything for the injured girl. How he hated himself in that moment. If he just listened to Jongsoo... The Lady wouldn't be in this state now.

"Lena..." Adam whispered softly when Allena grabbed his hand too.

"Please, dad! If you love me... please, don't hurt him! Promise me!" she asked weakly.

"Alright, I promise, but you have to promise that you will be okay, got it? Lena? Lena!" he screamed when her eyes slowly was closing and her features got peaceful as she fell asleep.


"Alright girls, that's it for today, I will tell the rest of it tomorrow" she heard a deep raspy voice from the girls' room and she shook her head. He did it again, she thought and rolled her eyes as she heard his laughing when the two little girls were begging him to just continue.

"Yeobo! Why do you always have to do this with them?" she asked when she stepped inside the room.

"Why? They already now the end of the story anyways" he said and winked at his wife.

"Chanyeol, sometimes you're really getting on my nerves" Allena said on an icy tone but Chanyeol didn't care about it. He already know her as good as himself, so he knew that under this icecold mask she was a big softie inside.

"Mom! Please, continue!" one of their daughters, Soeun pleaded and Allena sighed. It was like this every time when they wanted to hear the story of their parents. Chanyeol loved to tell them the story but he always stopped when it seemed like Allena died and refused to continue. And when Allena came in the girls made her tell the rest of it.

"Fine! I don't know why your father is this cruel to you anyways" she said glaring at her husband with a look that everyone else would be scared of. But he just lightly chuckled.

"And I don't know how can anyone think that your cold when in reality you are the softest person alive" he teased but Allena just rolled her eyes.

"So! After I closed my eyes and your father went insanely worried..." she gave him a teasing glare before she continued, "my mother took me to the healer of our clan who knew exactly what to do in this situation: he gave me a lot of blood which helpes in the healing process and he applied mediation on my wounds so it healed really quickly."

"You are so terrible at story telling" Chanyeol added with a smirk but Allena just ignored it.

"Anyway, after I got healed my father apologised and told me to do whatever I want to, so I finally could be with your father and marry him. End of story" she finished quickly. "Now, tomorrow is a school day so you have to sleep now" she warned them softly and gave both of them a peck on their foreheads. "Sleep tight, girls" she said and the twins waved to them as they layed down on their beds. Chanyeol carefully closed the door so it didn't cause a big noise and turned to his wife.

"You left out one part: when you turned me into vampire" he said but Allena jsut sighed and wanted to go away when Chanyeol grabbed her and pulled her in his arms. "I love you, babe!" he whispered an gently kissed her lips and hugged her tightly again. Allena didn't move just slowly lifted her arms to hug him back. She knew everytime Chanyeol told this story to the kids, he was reminded of her bad injuries. She never told the little girls about how long it took her to recover from that days injuries or that her wounds on her chest are the same what her father gave her. It never healed completely and Chanyeol just hated the thought how easily it could have cause her death on that day so many years ago.

"Why do you always tell them this story when you hate it?" she asked as she gently patted his back to calm him down.

"I don't hate it" he mumbled and lifted his head up from Allena's neck. "I just... don't like the thought of losing you."

"It's okay, honey! I will stay with you. Forever!" she said and his hair.

"I hope so" he sighed but then he gently pushed her a little away to look into her eyes. "By the way, honey, you didn't forget that tomorrow the parents will have a meeting at the school right?" he asked and Allena knew it was over for now. But tomorrow and after that and after that, he always will be nervous and terrified when he tells the story again. Allena didn't worry though. She will always be there to reassure him she is not going anywhere.

"Yes, I know it. You will pick us up after that?" she asked.

"Of course" he smiled brightly and kissed her again. "Let's go to bed now shall we?" he said with a smirk and Allena knew exactly what he thought about and it made her feeling hot inside. She just knew they won't have too much sleep that night, but she couldn't mind it.


"Look! There she is again!" Allena heard one of the mother's voices afther the parents meeting was over. "Did you see his husband? He is the most handsome and kind and cheerful person I've ever met. How can he be with this cold woman?"

Allena sighed. They were at it again. They always spoke about this thing before, during and after every parents meeting at the school. It started to get boring, but she couldn't do much about it. She always seemed to be cold but that was just the surface. She just hardly showed her true self to others, but when they got to know her, she was a kind person. Well... kind of. She still loved to show the cold mask to everyone but the ones who knew her better knew who she was. Like Chanyeol said she was a big softie inside.

"Jagiya!" Chanyeol's voice ringed and she smiled lightly. "Jagiya! How was your day?" he asked and kissed her face softly.

"Decent" she answered and the other mothers sighed. This poor man has to bare this annoying cold woman.

"I'm sorry but what are you staring at?" one of the teachers asked them.

"Chanyeol-ssi and his wife. We were wondering how he can be with such a cold woman" one of the mothers replied.

"Cold woman? No, you just have to look closer" he said and pionted at the said couple. The mothers turned to look at them and they all got surprised. Because now Allena didn't look cold at all. She was staring at her husband like he was the sun of her universe. And Chanyeol was doing the same, they just got lost in each others eyes so they didn't hear the mothers gasping and whispering how they whished their husbands would look at them like this. And they didn't see the teacher nodding with a satisfied expression on his face.

 




 

So this is it! I'm sorry it took so long. I planned writing a little more into it but then I decided to finish it here, but if you want an epilouge or something just let me know and I will think about it :D

I hope you liked it, and thanks for not giving up and reading the whole thing even if there was a huge tima gap between the two chapters. Again: sorry for that.

Have a wonderful day, kittens, byebye ^^