Chapter 2

Supernova

"Two days.. Who could have mastered something in two days only?" She grumbled while her hand keep played the key. She had been practicing the song for a day now and she could already feel confident by it. She managed to memorize the key and played on the right tempo. She skipped her dancing and singing lessons that day to practice the song. The plan is her single with Yonghwa will be out first before her debut song, so she should prepare it first.

 

Her stomach grumbled when she decided to take some rest. She ate her fruit salad, her diet menu and drank some tea at the couch. She stretched her feet and yawned; feel tired already for lack of sleeping. "Five minutes.. Just five minutes.." She mumbled when she let her eyes fallen closely.

 

She must have still dreaming when she felt a warm hand touched her cheek slowly because when she open her eyes, there's no one in the room. Seohyun looked at the clock and got startled. "Oh my gosh.. It's noon already.." She realized she was already sleeping for an hour.

 

Seohyun wanted to freshen herself at the wash room when she met Hyeri whom already inside the room as well. Hyeri looked at her from the mirror reflection; her hand put more lipstick in her already red lip. Seohyun give her polite bow and greeted her before going inside the toilet to take a pee. She heard something being dragged at the floor but can't decide what exactly the sound is. She thought Hyeri already walked out of the wash room because she could hear the door screeched close.

 

Seohyun finished her business inside that cubicle before walked out of the room when suddenly she slipped and fell on the floor, her hand unconsciously tried to hold her weight to prevent her face bumped on to the ground.

 

"..Ouchh.." She groaned when she felt her right arm got sprained. Seohyun looked at her surrounding and see how the earlier dried floor suddenly got wet. "Where the hell is this water coming from?"

 

Seohyun sighed and tried to get up, felt sore all over her body. She looked at her appearance at the mirror and saw how messy she got. Now she needed to change her clothes too.

 

When she came back to the practice room, she tried to play the song once more just to get her right arm felt hurt more than before. She couldn't even move her finger the way she wanted.

 

 

"You need to rest for at least 3 days before you can start using your arms again.." The doctor said.

 

"But I need to practice for my debut, doctor. Can't you just give me painkillers?"

 

"Painkillers could only lessen the pain but damage your sprain arm if you insist to neglecting rest. My suggestion is to asks a couple days leave and rest if you want to get better faster.."

 

Seohyun bit her lips nervously. Three days? She can't even have 1 day rest moreover 3 days. And she already promised to master the melody by tomorrow.

 

What should I do? Oh my.. Yonghwa will gonna kill me for sure.

 

 

 

 

Seohyun is sitting fidgety waiting for Yonghwa’s coming. Her hand felt numb by the amount of painkiller she sprayed in it. She was hoping she could practice well today. She saw how he walked in the practice room with a cup of coffee in his hand, he look cool as he always been.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Sunbaenim.." She greeted him.

 

"Are you practicing well?" He asked. "As our agreement before, I will criticize every flaws that you make today and you should accept that without complaining.."

 

"Ne.." She answered with a faint voice.

 

He stood closer to the digital piano and she couldn't feel more anxious than ever. This isn't a test or elimination stage but her collaboration is depending by it.

 

"Shall we start?"

 

Seohyun put her finger on the key and start playing. She managed to make some right melody at first but couldn't maintain to keep the right tempo. She knew she was already failed by then. Her painkillers couldn't even help to reduce the pain anymore when she kept forcing it to move the way she wanted until she stopped and winced in pain.

 

There is this uncomfortable silence for a while until she started to talk. "Let me try it again.." Seohyun put back her finger on the key and start playing but it got worse.

 

"Just stop.." He said. "What the hell is that? It's worse than before.. Did you even practicing?"

 

Seohyun bit her lips, hesitate of what to say.

 

Could it be different if I tell him about my sprain arm? Ah ani.. I think he will only tell sour words like ‘Taking care of their body is one of the job any artist should do..’ He won't even care..

 

"Well I guess this is it.. I think I was just thinking too highly of you knowing you were going to debut that fast, I thought you have something more to show.."

 

"Please give me more time.. A week.. I promise I will do better..I will practice harder.."

 

Yonghwa frowned at her, he is in deep thinking. "Everyone in this agency is working hard, Seohyun-ssi... Even harder.. So you should have more to show me rather than your hard work only.. I don't know why you could debut faster than others but I don't see anything special.."

 

Seohyun felt stabbed right at her heart. She is really disappointed by what he said. Her belief is people can achieve anything with hard work. And now he was telling her that hard work wasn’t enough.

 

Since she was a kid, she always gets special treatment from others, just because she was his father's daughter. They never really see her as herself, with all her potential, talents, thoughts and even flaws. She lives in the shadow of her perfect sister and famous father. All she ever wanted was to get that recognition, because she believes she could do more and ought to prove it. She is more than just a pretty face and pretty background. She is Seo Joo Hyun. She is just herself.

 

That's why she wanted to started her career in music without using her background. No one knows who she was in this agency except her father, his assistant and Leeteuk oppa since she lives most in London before. So she took the audition and joined the agency. It was a blessing to have pretty face from her mother and music talent from his father after all. She started training and warned her dad to not lay a finger on her career. Let the management team decide when she was ready to debut. And miraculously, one day they told her she will going to debut soon. How ecstatic she was thinking people could finally see her potential without her father's back up. She promised to herself to work harder and keep having positive mindset.. until now.

 

"..I'm sorry Seohyun-ssi.. I think it will be the end of it." He ought to leave the room when she stands up and says, "Why? Why hard work isn't enough? When people already tried their best, you don't have to be that harsh and arrogant."

 

He kept silent for nearly 3 seconds just to keep staring at her furious face. Seohyun’s heart started beating louder with overflowing emotion. She was just too upset at that time. "..If you want to live in an easy life, you don't deserve to be here, Seohyun-ssi.. Entertainment industry was never easy.. And never will be.. We could work hard all our life but there's something that isn't meant to be.."

 

Seohyun huffed an air filled her lungs in disgust. The first urge was to smack that arrogant mind of him. The second one was to tone down her strong facade and just breaking down right there. None of it she followed. Seohyun watched his figure walked away from the door, leave it until it shut down itself with a thud sound before she stomped her body on the near couch. It was rare for her losing her calm and got carried away by emotion, the circumstances she was in told her to act the otherwise. But lately she was just always showing it in front of him. No surprises though, when bad luck was just kept following her since he was back from his world tour.

 

She felt horribly upset by his underestimate behavior, like he reminded her how she is just worth it because she is his father's daughter. Of course he doesn't know it, but it was just make it worse.

 

The tears accumulated in her eyes are fallen slowly on her cheek. She wasn't used to cry and moping over her failure but why it felt really hurt? She needed to start over and proved him that she was not like what he said and get a gripped of her own life back. She will start from recovering her arm and practicing more.

 

Before that she will let herself cry.

 

Just for today.. Just for today..

 

 

 

 

The next morning she met Hyeri at the hallway and decided to confront her about it. She just had enough already by all her behavior. Although she wasn't sure if the things happen in the wash room was her doing or not.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Sunbaenim.." Seohyun bowed at her who just walked out from the gym. Her body is sweating a lot, make her strapless top cling at her skin, accentuated her perfect curve. Seohyun admit Hyeri had a nice body and always work really hard to maintain it. Hyeri wanted to walk passed her when Seohyun blocked her path immediately.

 

“What is it?” Hyeri asked, looked down at her, her brow lifted questioningly.

 

“Can we talk for a second?”

 

“You think there’s something we should talk?”

 

“Yes.. Many..” Seohyun said, looked up at her firmly, receiving the glare and frowned from the latter.

 

"Yesterday.. You were at the wash room when I came in.." Seohyun started. "..Were you the one who spill the water in front of the toilet?"

 

"What bull are you talking about?"

 

"You deliberately make me fall by spilling the water in front of the toilet I use.. Do you know what the hell did I should going trough because of that?"

 

"Don't be funny. Why should I do that to you?"

 

"You know exactly why.."

 

"Oh yeah? Look.. I don't even have this tiny bit interest in you nor do I care about whether you fell or sprain your body because of it."

 

Hyeri widened her eyes when she saw the look of horror from Seohyun eyes. "Omo.. so that happen? You really sprain your body?"

 

Seohyun sighed, feeling tired suddenly. "I sprain my arm because of what you did.."

 

"Me? Then tell me did you have proof?"

 

"The water wasn't there when I first came in.. and there's no one at that time except you and me. I hear weird sound before you exit the room.."

 

"You said that a proof?" Hyeri chuckled, looked down at her annoyingly. "Yah.. Was it my fault if you walk without using your eye? Why you keep blaming me for your clumsiness? Just blame yourself and stop whining like baby.."

 

"..Just so you know Sunbaenim, I know what you did to the piano at the practice room and many other things you did to bully me and other trainees. I don't know why you should show your authority with that kind of attitude but please stop. I'll let you go this time but I won't let it pass next time. Please remember it.."

 

"YAHHH.. How dare you..???"

 

"What happen here?" A man's voice snapped suddenly when he heard the commotion.

 

"She was threatening me out of nowhere and badmouthing me, manager oppa.." Hyeri's whined at him, Lee Ki Hong, her group manager.

 

Lee Ki Hong, a man in his thirties, has been her manager since Cream was formed 2 years ago, looked down at Seohyun with disgust. Without even knowing the real problem, it was obvious whom he will take side of. "You were just trainee.. You were at different level from uri Hyeri. Know your place.. I'm the one who won't let you go if things like this happen again.."

 

Seohyun could see a smile formed from Hyeri's lips. She really enjoyed the situation when she was the one getting special treatment.

 

"Just because you will have collaboration with Yonghwa, don't think highly of yourself.. " He added.

 

"What? She will have collaboration with Yonghwa oppa? Really?" Hyeri's gasped.

 

"Don't think about it.. It was nothing.." Lee Ki Hong tried to calm Hyeri down for he knew how hard Hyeri had crushed on Yonghwa.

 

"Ani.. I need to know.." Hyeri pushed Seohyun at the wall, her hand gripped Seohyun's sprain arm "Is that true?" Lee Ki Hong shook his head when he held Hyeri's shoulder, tried to stop Hyeri's further interrogation.

 

Seohyun winced in pain but tried hard to restrain it. "YAHHH.. I'M ASKING YOU.."

 

"No.. He cancels it. Satisfied now?"

 

Hyeri let go of her grips when she heard the answer, smiling in relieve. "I thought so too.. It will be oppa's bad decision if he accept.."

 

"Come on Hyeri-ah.. We should go to your next schedule. Just leave her.." Lee Ki Hong glared at Seohyun like shooting dagger. "And you.. Just go. Don't even dare to disturb uri Hyeri anymore."

 

"What's going on?" Yonghwa came suddenly.

 

"Oh..oppa.. You came?" Hyeri's change her tone to a cheerful one. Her finger sneaked around his arm and stayed right there.

 

"What really happen here?" Yonghwa asked again.

 

"Nothing happen, just this new kid boasts around about having collaboration with you and picks a fight with uri Hyeri. When Hyeri not even bothering her, she got misunderstand and forget about formality and act impolite.. She seems forget who is the senior.." Lee Ki Hong explained but twisted the real truth.

 

Seohyun glared at Lee Ki Hong with disgust but her pain arm took away her strength to defend herself. "That's right, oppa. Seohyun act so rude, she even use banmal at me." Hyeri added.

 

"I didn't-" Seohyun wanted to say something when Yonghwa cut her.

 

Yonghwa looked down at Seohyun and calmly said, "You should respect your senior. What's with the attitude?"

 

Seohyun frowned, felt so disappointed for Yonghwa who took side without even knowing the real situation. "Just be sure to behave well next time if you want to stay long in the industry.." Yonghwa added.

 

"You don’t even know what happen.." Seohyun faintly said.

 

"I don't need to know what happen to decide.." Yonghwa said, receiving smirk from Hyeri who really love the situation. “Geure oppa.. She needs to get her lesson.” Hyeri said.

 

"It's okay.. It’s okay.. I bet she already learn her lesson. Let's go Hyeri-ah, we will be late. You too, Yonghwa-ya, see you later." Lee Ki Hong said, tapped Yonghwa's shoulder and dragged Hyeri out of there.

 

Yonghwa gives Seohyun one last glance before he says, "Listen well and focus on your debut only. Get back to your sense and stop playing around."

 

Seohyun breath hitch while unconsciously held her sprain arm. She tried so hard to hold her pain earlier. She should have using her cast like what the doctor told but she was too stubborn to comply. She let out a faint groan when Yonghwa was no longer at the sight.

 

DAMN YOU, YONGHWA!!!

 

It hurt so much, not only her arm but also her heart.

 

 

 

 

“Yahh.. Wake up sleepyhead..” Seohyun felt her face got bumped by a big sheep doll, awakening her from her deep slumber.

 

“What is it?” She groaned in annoyed when she saw her sister behind the doll. “You really going to choke me to death someday, sissy..” Seohyun threw the sheep doll away to the side of the bed. “What’s with this sheep?”

 

“That’s your gift from New Zealand from me, of course..”

 

“Yah, what did you think I am? 4th years old?”

 

“Ayeee.. What’s with that attitude? You will always be my baby sister.. AL-WAYS..” Taeyeon sit at the side of Seohyun bed when she emphasized the word at her. She loves to sister like that though she always complains about being treated like a kid.

 

“What the hell with all the people keep telling me about my attitude? I’m totally fine, thank you!” Seohyun grumbled and slam her body back to the softness of her king size bed.

 

“Why? What happen with the tantrum in the morning? Are you okay? Did something happen at the company?” Taeyeon asked, concerned about her sister anger explosion in the early morning. She wasn’t used to show her emotion, moreover when it full of negativity like anger.

 

Seohyun hid her face in the pillow and keep mum when Taeyeon start to tickled her waist. She knows exactly where Seohyun’s weak spot. Seohyun tried to dodge her attack when suddenly her sprain arm got bumped at the top of the bed, making her winced. “Ouch..”

 

Taeyeon suddenly felt alert when she heard Seohyun’s moaned in pain. “What is it, Seo? What happen to your arm?” She asked when she saw the cast.

 

“Aniya..”

 

“Tell me or I will put bodyguard on you for 24/7.” Taeyeon threatened.

 

“You were overreacting, sissy. I’m fine.. Just sprain my arm when I accidentally fell when practicing.” Seohyun lied. She wasn’t used to lie and was very bad at it, but it better to lie than make her crazy overprotective sister getting her nerved and try to kill whoever person dare to hurt her sister.

 

“Are you sure? I can see your lie..”

 

“I’m 110 percent sure, sissy.. Just let it go, okay?”

 

“Ahrasso, I will take that as the truth for now.." Taeyeon took Seohyun’s sprain arm and watched it carefully. "Do you see doctor?"

 

"Yes.. He said it will get better in 3 days."

 

"So this is why you didn't go to company and decide to have some rest? Very good, I told you that you don't need to practice that hard.. Just enjoy your time there.."

 

"You still treat my dream as a joke.. I hate that. I don't want to be like you with all the daily routine behind the desk.."

 

"But it will happen eventually, honey. Being a celebrity could last you for how long? 10 years? 20 years? I didn't doubt your talent if that's what you concern about. I'm the one who know it well how great you are and I let you do whatever you wanted, right?

 

"But you never took it seriously.."

 

"I just concern about your future, honey. I know you will be great artist, but entertainment industry will never let you always be at the lime light. There will be time when new people came and the generation is changing. Look at other veteran actress; most of them were working behind the scene now. It was more promising. No need to worry about your image and just live well.."

 

"Now you sound like my mother again.. As much as I love you, you still not mother, sis. Despite always thinking about me, please think about yourself more. When will you gonna find a man?" This time Seohyun turned the table by mentioning about Taeyeon’s relationship. Well Taeyeon had none of it since she was so busy taking care of Seohyun.

 

Taeyeon heaved an air when crossing her arm in front of her . The gesture she often did whenever she felt annoyed. "Look who's talking now." She lost at word and started to change the topic. "How is your collaboration with Jung Yong Hwa?"

 

Seohyun jerked a bit hearing his name mentioned. "Just..."

 

"What?"

 

Seohyun sighed; find it hard to explain to her sister without making some ruckus. Besides she thought he already decline the offer so why did her sister not receiving the update.. yet?

 

"Did he treat you bad? Should I find another suitable partner for you? You know there are many other idols in this industry with some respectable background-"

 

"It's okay, Sissy. Let the management team handle it. You and Papa promise to never meddle. Lay your hand in my career a bit and I won't ever listen to you anymore.."

 

Taeyeon sighed, knowing fully well how stubborn her sister is and how she wanted to be independent and reliable on her own, she gives up the argument. "Ahrasso.. I will just watch your progress from aside then.. Now take some rest. I don't want to hear you leave to the company for the next 3 days.."

 

 

 

 

Yonghwa was at the lounge when Jonghyun came in and join him. "Hyung.."

 

"Oh Jonghyun-ah, finish recording?"

 

"Ne, hyung I just came back from recording my solo album. How are you doing lately?"

 

"Just thinking of composing these days.."

 

"You always work too hard hyung. How about your collaboration with Seohyun? I didn't see her around this two days.."

 

"Ah..geure?"

 

"Wasn’t it supposed you and her practicing your new song?"

 

Oh? Ne.. just.. Why you suddenly interest in her?"

 

"Just because I often see her practicing whenever I walk passed the practice room. She looks so diligent, but I didn't see her yesterday and today too.."

 

"Oh right, how is your solo album progress?" Yonghwa tried to change the topic.

 

Jonghyun leaned on the chair and sighed. "I already finish recording 2 tracks of it. aahh I’m so tired, hyung. So this is what you feel when you make your solo.."

 

Yonghwa chuckled a bit and said, "Just enjoy it for now. It will get harder after it actually release."

 

"Ahrasso.."

 

After Jonghyun excused himself, Yonghwa decided to just composing in his practice room. When he walks passed the dance room he notice Seohyun wasn’t there. He wasn’t even seeing her after that day.

 

Suddenly the choreography noona tapped his shoulder and greeted him. "Wae? Suddenly took interest in dance area? Should I make choreograph for your band new single?"

 

Yonghwa chuckled when he imagine his band dancing while performing at the stage. "Ani noona.. That’ll be weird, especially with Minhyuk stiff body."

 

Ye ji laughed, knowing exactly what he mean. "Sooo.. Did you find what you were looking for?"

 

"Eh?"

 

"You keep looking at the dance room, if not looking for something than what? I bet the wall is not that pretty to get inspiration to your new song, is it?

 

"Ah.. ne.. You know usually this place was full with people practicing, so it’s kinda weird to see it empty."

 

"Geure? At this hour no one will use this room except her though.. Well, Seohyun is exceptional, she practice more than any other every time."

 

"Oh the trainee? I don't see her around.."

 

"Ne, she was on her leaves. She got sprain on her arm so the doctor told her to rest. She got scold real bad from the teacher for her carelessness though."

 

"Oh jinjja?"

 

"You know how Lee songsaengnim could be very scary. I pity her a bit.. Ah I should go now, my husband waiting for me at home.." Ye Ji noona winked at him as a goodbye.

 

Yonghwa stared at the empty dance room once more before headed to his own practice room.

 

 

But strong girl, you know you were born to fly
Tears you’ve cried, all of the pain you’ve felt
It’s to prepare you for the day you’ll fly even higher
Butterfly,
Everybody’s gonna see it soon

(I – Taeyeon)

 

TBC.

 

 

A.N : Hellow.. Actually I want to post this tomorrow at my birthday as a gift for whoever read and liking this story, but I just can't keep it by myself when I already move forward to the chapter 3 in my draft. For you all readers who subscribe, upvote and commenting, I really really appreciate it. It really inspire me to continue writing this, sorry for not replying but I read it all.

Lately I just have this upside down issue in mylife and it breaks me, I lost my urge to do anything but thankfully the urge to write come again at me. I hope this could be my sanctuary to express myself for I couldn't do that much in my real life. Sometimes there are words that just weren't meant to say even if you were really need to just let it out and it restrain yourself from expressing your inner pain for it could hurt others. 

Many of you asks me to update my other unfinished story as well, and I keep thinking about it but my muse just not yet coming to those story. I don't want to force something that did not coming from my heart for I know the result will just dissapointed me and my readers. So please be patient with me. I will start writing it again soon.. Just believe me, I would not neglect my story and left it unfinished.

I know this story is far from perfect but I will do my best to be better so I hope you will keep supporting this story as well.

 

Thank you all..

 

PS : Yong in Vegas traveling alone and here we lost ninja Hyun again.. Oh my byuntae mind is working.. I really have the urge to write a rated story about it..XD Ottokeeee??? Too much story too write.. I can't even....aaarrgghhhh.....

 

 
XOXO