Chapter 1

Supernova

People were gathered at the corridor, welcoming the star of the agency that just coming back from his world tour. He is the singer-song writer that always make big hit whenever he releases song. Not only his talent that could capture people's heart, he is blessed with a very handsome face, too. He is Jung Yong Hwa, the leader from CNBLUE band that lately started his solo career.

 

"How was your world tour, Hyung? It must be great, right?"

 

"Oppa.. Finally you are back.. I miss you so much.."

 

"You must be tired, oppa.."

 

The people keep chattered while the latter just reply with small nodded and grinned. It was obvious in the agency that he was not a warm person like he usually showed in TV screen. He was rather cold and often felt distant.

 

"Yah, you trainee.. Get Yonghwa oppa some drinks.." Hyeri ordered one of the trainees in the lounge. Hyeri is a senior from girl group "Cream". She is famous and pretty, often uses aegyo on TV screen yet having bossy personalities in real life. None of the public knows but it was a common knowledge in the agency though.

 

The trainee gets up from her seat to get the drinks she asked from the counter. Not long after she came to their table with the drinks in her hand. She looked down, feels intimidated by the senior. Suddenly she got stumbled and fell on the floor, spilled the drinks all over Hyeri's thigh. Hyeri's screamed and cursed, take all the attention of the other. The young trainee quickly apologies and wiped the coffee spill in Hyeri's dress with her own shirt. "YAH.. YOU.. What are you doing you stupid moron.. ? You ruined my dress; do you know how expensive is this?"

 

The trainee almost cried by then, her body already shakes in fear. "OMO.. Yonghwa Oppa.. you got stain in your cheek.." Hyeri got furious after that and ought to slap the trainee when suddenly another girl hold her hand to stop her.

 

"I think that's enough, Sunbaenim.." The voice is stern yet calm. The crowd murmured watching the scene, usually no one ever lend their hand if there's something like this going on to avoid becoming the next victim. Hyeri and her senior group is a bit scary and often pick the trainees to play.

 

"Who is she?" Yubin behind Hyeri mumbled.

 

"I think that's the new trainee here.. I think her name is.. Seo-hyun?" Choa said.

 

"Come on Hwanhee, get up..Are you okay? Do you think you sprain your ankle?" She helped the trainee girl to get up, not minding the furious look she got from Hyeri.

 

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING? YOU THINK YOU WERE GREAT BY HELPING PEOPLE, HUH?" Hyeri yelled at her. "Yonghwa oppa..look at me.. I'm such a mess.." Her voice suddenly turned soft and spoiled.

 

Seohyun bows politely at Hyeri and says, "I'm sorry, Sunbaenim but it was an accident. I will take new drink to Yonghwa Sunbaenim and clean the floor. As for your dress, I will take it to dry cleaning later, I assure you it will look as new as before so please just let my friend go." Seohyun took out her handkerchief from her pocket and handed it to Yonghwa. "Please use it to wipe the stain, Yonghwa sunbaenim." Yonghwa doesn't even take a single glance at her and ignored the handkerchief. Seohyun put the handkerchief in the table and bowed at him before take Hwanhee's hand and dragged her to the rest room.

 

Hyeri is getting angrier by her suggestion. "YAH.. YOU.. How dare you..It's obvious she was doing it deliberately.."

 

"No matter what, don't you think it's fair enough after you cursed at her like that?" Seohyun could still hear the murmured when the crowds move aside to let her pass the aisle.

 

"Seohyunnie, ottoke?" Hwanhee asked her.

 

"It's okay, Hwanhee-ah.."

 

Yonghwa saw the back view of the girl name Seohyun walk passed the crowd. He never saw her before in the agency, did he? He wasn’t sure. But he never thought she could be so brave to oppose the senior like that. Don't she know that she will be the one get picked now? Not that he care anyway, he used not to mind other businesses and just focus on himself. He took the handkerchief and wiped the stain in his cheek by. He smelled baby lotion from the handkerchief and frowned.

 

Who would have use baby lotion at this age?

 

"Woah Seohyun has guts.." Minhyuk said.

 

"Do you know her?" Jungshin asked.

 

"She is the new trainee that I ever told you. She was just trainee for 6 months and now preparing to debut.. She is very nice though.." Minhyuk explained.

 

"Woah, jinjja? Daebakk.. That's so fast.. Is she part of a group or what?" Jonghyun asked.

 

"I heard she will be solo singer.." Choa said.

 

"Nobody ever debut that fast. There must be something fishy.. I think she just use her body to the director to let her debut fast.." Hyeri accused.

 

"Ayee.. seolma..? She looks so young..How old is she? 17? 18?"

 

"20."

 

"She's kind of late being trainee.."

 

".. But I heard the rumor as well. You know people keeps seeing her talking to the director with so much closeness.. So people keeps accusing her­­ like that." Choa said.

 

Not long after, the ahjumma from the counter put a cup of tea in the table. "This is the drinks Seohyun ordered for you.."

 

"What is it?" Yonghwa asked.

 

"This is matcha tea."

 

"Yonghwa didn't drink tea, ahjumma." Jungshin blurted.

 

"But Seohyun said, drinking tea is good for your health, especially when you were still exhausted from your world tour. It could help reduce stress and keep your stamina.."

 

"It's okay, ahjumma.. Just leave it here.. Thank you.." Yonghwa said.

 

"Hyung, let just order another drinks.. I will drink the tea." Jungshin wanted to take the tea but Yonghwa stopped him. "It okay, I will take the tea. Sometimes change is good.." He said.

 

 

 

 

Seohyun know the perks of being the trainee is to get bullied by the senior. Well, truth to be told, not all the senior is bad. But sometimes there are senior who think highly of themselves because they were, well- senior. They were famous and contribute much for the agency. It makes them become arrogant and annoying. They will just deliberately scares the junior by act mean for fun.

 

Usually Seohyun just ignore all the bullied and tried to comply as much as she can. She doesn’t want to make a scene, especially when she already got some rumors since she come. She was trying hard to act down to earth but it was just not enough.. Apparently.

 

When she was helping Hwanhee earlier, she knew the consequences she will get. And that's really happen. Ever since that day, she often got picked by her senior, boy and girl. Most of them just for fun. But Hyeri will try to torture her as much as they can, whenever they can.

 

They will tried to bullied her in a childish way, like spilling coffee or soda in her shirt or in the aisle where she just passed through, making people think she was the one who did it. They will cursed and yelled at her, ordering her to do this and that, and not even one person defend her whenever it happen. They were just too afraid to help or don’t care at all.

 

At first she will try to complied and be patient of everything. But she loses her patient when one day Hyeri saw her talking with the marketing director. She started making rumor about how she was making up in the practice room with the marketing director.

 

They think her music, her voice, her appearance wasn’t good enough than it's fine, but everything she earned was built from her sweat and tears.

 

"Hey trainee, how you seduce the marketing director oppa, huh? Is he promise you to make an album soon for your service?" Hyeri threw the question in the air; take all the attention of people in the lounge.

 

And that's it. That did it.

 

"Why? Are you mad? We just stating the truth though.. Omo.. can you imagine that Choa? We train so hard until we could debut. I just can't believe this young girl here doing things like that to debut..." Hyeri said, faking her pity tone.

 

Seohyun walked closer to her, glaring furiously. As her steps got closer, she tried hard to maintain her emotion and be patient.

 

"How dare you glaring like that at your sunbae?" Hyeri got furious.

 

Hwanhee hold her hand to stop Seohyun’s confronted the senior. She knew it will only make them tortured her harder after that. "Seohyun-ah, stop it.. let them be.."

 

She is not worth it..  She is not worth it.. Seohyun keep chanting the words inside her head.

 

Seohyun closes her eye, trying hard to keep her patient. She walks to Hyeri and bow politely. "I'm sorry, Sunbaenim, but it was my personal issue so I can't share it to you, but if you really that curious, you can ask the marketing director oppa about it.." She bowed once again and leaves while clenching her fist leaving the dumbfounded Hyeri with their mouth hanging open.

 

They never thought she would dare to reply like that.

 

"Uhh.. I hate that little .." Hyeri mumbled.

 

"She seems unafraid of us.." Choa said.

 

"Her calm demeanor is annoying, I really want to see her crying and pleading.." Hyeri squinted her eyes and promised won't let her go easily.

 

 

 

 

"You sure you want to continue this?" The marketing director, Leeteuk asked.

 

"It's already halfway, oppa. No way I will back off.." Seohyun said.

 

"There's rumor around.. You think your sister will let it go if she hears it?"

 

"Was that disturbing you?" Seohyun sit calmly at the sofa, take her towel to wipe the sweat in her forehead.

 

"Nope, we know the rumor will go down eventually when they knew everything.." Leeteuk oppa sit beside her. "But you won't want that..."

 

"Absolutely. I would rather suffer more as a trainee than becoming the talk of the whole nation for using connection.. The thing about rumor.. People will always have a said no matter what the truth is.."

 

Leeteuk sighed, he knew how stubborn she is. "Did you enjoy your trainee day?"

 

"Very much, oppa. You know how I love to perform. I can't wait the day when I will finally debuting. Do you think I can make it?"

 

"Of course.. You have talent. Company won't release you to debut just because you were the daughter of the CEO.."

 

"Sshhtt.." Suddenly she felt tensed and gestured him to shut up. "People might hear you.."

 

"No one's here.."

 

"Even the wall has ear.."

 

"But they don't have mouth.. Chill honey.. Everything will be okay.." Leeteuk give her light massage to help her feels relax.

 

Seohyun shrugs her shoulder and says, "..I hope it's true and people will recognize me by my talent.."

 

Leeteuk brushed his palm on her hair slowly, the gesture he often make whenever he tried to assure her of everything. "They will.. You have come this far by your own effort."

 

"Oh right, the piano in the practice room is broken.. Sent someone to fix it, oppa."

 

"How hard you push the button till it broken like that?" he joked.

 

"If you only knew.." Seohyun shook her head remembering this early morning at the practice room. She just wanted to enter the music room when she saw Hyeri put something on the piano she often used.

 

"What the hell did they do?" She mumbled.

 

"Now now.. You can't practice anymore, little girl.." Hyeri said while walking away.

 

Seohyun hide at the back of the pillar when Hyeri’s out from the room; evil smirk’s all over her face. When she checked on the piano, it doesn't even making decent sound anymore.

 

"She broke this so I can't practice..? Why would she do that when I wasn't the only one who uses this..?" Seohyun sighed.

 

 

 

 

Music has been Yonghwa's passion ever since young. He played many instruments and always tried hard to be better at it. He is a hard worker, very passionate with his music. That's why he rarely take holiday even when the agency give him free schedule. No one ever questioned his presence in agency. It was already like his second home, he could spend hours in his practice room. No one ever disturbed him inside or dare to touch his tools.

 

That's why he got really surprised and annoyed when he could hear his digital piano had been played from his practice room. Who could be so thoughtless to touch what's his?

 

The sound got clearer as his step got closer to the practice room. He stopped for a while when he started hearing a girl voice singing the strangest melody he ever heard. Suddenly the melodic sound got pitchy before it stopped completely. When he peeked inside, there's the trainee named Seohyun, raked her hair, mumbled something to herself. She looked a bit frustrated by her mistakes earlier. It didn't make her stopped playing the music again though. He stayed for a minute to listen the melody more before decided to barge in.

 

Seohyun is playing wholeheartedly when suddenly the door got forcefully open, showing an annoyed Yonghwa at the door. Seohyun stood up from the seat and bows at him. "Annyeonghaseyo, Sunbaenim. I'm Seohyun."

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

"The piano in the practice room got broken, so I decided to use the one in this room instead."

 

There's not even a slightest fear in her voice. She was answering him very calmly though she met with a senior like him.

 

"You decide? Do you know what room is this?" He asked.

 

"I know it was Sunbaenim practice room. I just thought you were not using it since it's your break time and..."

 

"No one ever touch what's mine without my permission!" He snapped.

 

Seohyun frowned, shocked by his sudden anger. Seriously, he doesn't need to get mad like that just because of it. What a jerk.

 

"...Well.. I guess I was wrong.. Sorry to touch your instrument, Sunbaenim.." She clasped her hand before packed her stuff inside the bag. He could see a bandage in her finger. To think of it, she got a lot of bandage and bruises all over her feet too. How hard she was practicing to get that much bruises?

 

"When will you debut?"

 

Now he tries to talk to me? Doesn’t he feel guilty at all?

 

"Later this year I guess. I'm currently practicing my song.."

 

"Was that the song earlier? That's kinda catchy.."

 

"You think so?" The smiles grow on her face; give the softness in her expression.

 

"The rhythm is flowing nicely with that catchy melody. It could make people sing along as well.. I never heard something like that before.. But the last note is a bit.."

 

"Ah.. I know right? I don't know why I always make mistakes at that last note.. It seems like all the excitement was flows out within the last note, ruining all my concentration in the end.." Seohyun looked up at him and realized she talked too much. "..What am I blabbering about.. I'm sorry for disturbing you, Sunbaenim."

 

Seohyun was about to excused herself when he suddenly called her. "Wait.."

 

She turned around to face him, does not expect to get called again. "Ne?"

 

"That.. You compose it yourself?"

 

"Will the company allow trainee to compose the debut song themselves?" She asked.

 

"Though it sounds good but there's a bit of amateur feeling from the composition.. Crawling.. Like a baby just learning to walk.. I could tell it wasn't made by professional at one hearing.."

 

"Well I'm sorry it couldn't feel the same as made by a professional like you.." She felt offense suddenly though it was all the truth though.

 

"Don't be mistaken, I never said it feels amateur in a bad way.." Yonghwa explained. "Years I spent composing make me have sensitive ear.."

 

"Good for you then.." Seohyun walked out leave him alone.

 

 

 

Next time he saw her is three days later. She was practicing at the dance room. He saw from the open glass window how she got more bruises in her legs. She must have stumbled and fell when she was practicing. He was observing her movement when suddenly she fell again. Growls escaped from her lips when she brushed her ankle slowly.

 

He keeps staring at her, not even realize that he was already frowning. He saw her twice and sure she had guts and brave, she looks like a hard worker too, her music taste is good yet he still don't understand what makes this girl different from other trainees. Why her?

 

He still remembers what leads him to have this kind of thought at her. Yesterday he got called by the Director when he came to the company.

 

 

"Yonghwa.. The Director is looking for you.." One of his managers called him suddenly.

 

"Hwejangnim.." Yonghwa bowed to the old man.

 

"Have a seat, Yonghwa.." His Director is a warm and nice person though he could be very strict to his peers sometimes.

 

"How's your holiday? Did you enjoy it?"

 

"Ne.. This is the best time to relax and compose new song.. I could get some rest more and it's fun.."

 

The Director chuckled. "That's so you.. Instead of going to vacation you prefer to do composing and do your work.."

 

"It's my responsibility to make good music.. But I really enjoying it, Hwejangnim.." He smiled.

 

"I know, you are such a responsible man.. And I'm so thankful you were doing well in the band and your solo.. That's why Yonghwa, I want to ask for your help this time.." The Director took some documents and handed it to him. "I will debuting new trainee this year and I want you to have a collaboration with her in one of her single.."

 

"Ne?" Yonghwa is a bit startled by the sudden request. He turned the page and saw the profile of the trainee he needed to have collaboration with. "Seohyun? She will debut at the end of this year, isn't it?"

 

"Yes, do you already saw her?"

 

"Doesn't it too sudden to debut her? I could see her potential but it will be too rush to prepare everything right now.."

 

"I know it's a bit sudden.. But I know both of you could make it.. She had her own composition for her debut single but with music only she won't get recognition in this kind of industry. We need something more.. Some surprises to take people interest at her. That's why we need you. People known you as a hallyu star yet you never had any featuring with a girl. Not even once.. This could give some blow effect.."

 

"Why her? I mean.. There're hundred trainees in this company, so why her? I saw how she played before and it's good but wasn't perfect.. She just like the other.."

 

"The right question is.. Why couldn't her?" The Director clasped his finger and smile. "If you were that curious, let's do this.. I will give you a week to decide whether you want to do it or not because the answer of your question is something you need to find out by yourself, Yonghwa.."

 

 

 

Now after he thinks it through, he just can't find the right answer of everything. There must be something he missed to see or still hidden inside her. The mystery game need to be resolved and in order to do that.. He needed to find out the answer by himself. He took his phone from his pocket and dialed a number.

 

"Hwejangnim? Ne.. I have decided-"

 

 

 

 

Yonghwa threw the paper note at the digital piano in front of Seohyun. She was still pouting by his harsh treatment ever since her father told her about the collaboration. She knew he could be good marketing strategy for her career but still..

 

The paper note he gives is a new song he made for their single. He asked her to learn and master it in 2 days. Without giving her any other explanation, he sits at the couch and plays with his phone. Seohyun looks at the paper note he gives and tries to play it in his digital piano. Yeah, he finally gives her permission to share his practice room with her after the collaboration news.

 

She plays the unfamiliar melody for the first time using one hand, just to get used with the melody. She could hear it kind of sweet song through the notes though he still didn't give the lyrics in to it. Seohyun puts random notes as an adlib just to receive good glare from the latter. Well, seems he won't allow someone to change the notes without his permission too.

 

So petty..

 

"..Can't you read the notes properly? Why were you always making mistakes.. This is already your 5th times.. The song is not even that hard.." He snapped, still playing with his phone while she was trying hard to learn the notes.

 

Seohyun couldn't help but feels annoyed by his rudeness. She should have learn this with her music teacher but Yonghwa insisted to guide her himself at his composition. She heard a lot about how perfectionist he is but she never knew he is also rude and heartless. And he wasn’t help at all instead being in the same room as her and making bad comment about her play.

 

"Well then Mr. Professional.. Please show me your perfect play then.."

 

Yonghwa think for a second before walked closer to her. He bends his body to be on the same level as her face. Seohyun startled when his face is very near and unconsciously move away. She stood up and let Yonghwa take the chair. He moves his finger first before start to push the key. Beautiful melody produced by his play and Seohyun felt captivated by the sight in front of her. She knows he is the sign of true talent. He could make the song alive and grows inside you when he played. It was fascinating to saw how the melodious music could be produced from his moving finger.

 

Too bad all the talent got packaged with rude manner. After he finish playing he looks at her and says, "This is how you play the song.. Now learn it better.." before back to the couch and give his focus back to his phone.

 

Seohyun tried once again to fix her mistake and how glad she was when she finally could play the right key. She loves music and she loves to play piano though she wasn’t prodigy at it. She wanted people could hear her sing and enjoy her music and find the real her inside every melody she produced. It is her color.. her style-

 

"You missed the tempo.." He snapped, startling her from her reverie. She can't help but rolled her eyes after that.

 

"Will you please save your comments for two days later so I could concentrate?"

 

Yonghwa peeks at her from behind his phone. "I want it to be precise.. No mistakes.."

 

"And how would you think I could master it if you always comment in everything I do?"

 

"True entertainer will accept every criticism.."

 

"Two days.. I will gladly accept it in two days.."

 

"Okay.. call.. But if you fail to impress me.. Our collaboration will end.."

 

"Ne?"

 

"You heard me.."

 

"Ahrasso.. Just be prepare because I will make you feel impressed by my performance.." Seohyun boasted.

 

"Oh.. I really can't wait.." He said with mocking tone. Yonghwa is back to his phone after that, continuing whatever he did with his phone earler.

 

Texting his girlfriend maybe.. Who cares anyway?

 

 

Sky that pours light
I stand under it
Fly as if I’m dreaming
My life is a beauty

A story I’ve heard often somewhere
Ugly duckling and swan, a butterfly before it flies
People don’t know, they don’t see your wings
A new world you’ve met could be cruel

(I – Taeyeon)

 

 

TBC.

 

 

A.N : Hello.. I admit it's a bit hard for me to find time and inspiration to write. I wanted to write a lot of things but I just can't get any words came out whenever I'm in front of a blank page. I can't promised to update fast because I still wanted to write my other unfinished story as well but the second chapter of this is already halfway though.

Give me your feedback please, it really gives me courage to continue the story.. 

Last.. I hope you like this story. ^^

 

PS : My english still so much so please just ignore it..