Stay Awhile...

Obsession

“Guess what? Guess what guess what guess what?!” Alissa jumped up and down. Her and Courtney were in her dorm room, and they had just finished doing their math homework together.

    “Now, we can get ready for the party!” Courtney high fived her friend.

    The two girl changed into something more “party appropriate.” While Courtney wore a black t shirt, which she had ripped the sleeves off and cut it in half so it stopped right at her belly button, and a tight, hot pink mini skirt and a fishnet. She was going to wear her stilettos with the outfit as soon as she stepped foot off the campus.

    Alissa liked to dress differently, and wore a sweatshirt that was once oversized until she altered it. There were tears in the side and it was tighter around her body, and it stopped midway past her thigh. She wanted to show as much skin as possible. She decided to wear flats so that she wouldn’t break any bones. She couldn’t work heals like Courtney and didn’t want to look like a clumsy fool in front of everybody.

    The two girls put on their long trench coats and walked out the door.

    Angelica walked past the two girls, who looked totally different with not only the makeup they wore, but the looks in their eyes. They were totally different people. Alissa wouldn’t even acknowledge her own roommate.

    It was just like two months before. She was just a girl who shared a room with her.

    Angelica had once again become friendless, and she couldn’t help but feel that she deserved it.

 

    Taehyung and Mandy met their two fans at the school gate, but the girls wouldn’t move.

    “When are we going?” Mandy asked restlessly after ten minutes passed.

    “When our ride comes.” Courtney answered.

    Not too long after, a dark limo with muffled music slowed down in front of them. The two girls walked towards it, so the secret stars followed suit.

 

    Besides the loud music, the ride was initially quiet. It felt a little eery to Mandy and Taehyung, but no one said a thing. At least, not until they were about five miles away from the school and the boy in the passenger seat passed joints to everyone in the car.

    When he attempted to hand one to Taehyung, he stared at it in surprise and disgust. Then he looked at the two girls, who casually lit them. He then turned his head to Mandy, who hadn’t looked surprised but also turned it down in disgust.

    He was confused. These girls- two smart, beautiful, and seemingly innocent girls…

    Did he know them as well as he thought?

    Mandy and Taehyung were uncomfortable the rest of the ride due to the secondhand smoke. The group refused to open a window for fear of being caught.

    Soon, they arrived at the house. It was a mansion, as expected. A rich kid with nothing better to do with his time but invite a zillion kids to a party, it seemed, and he would never know or meet any of them before or after that night. Taehyung and Mandy looked around, taking in the surroundings. It was a mess, as food was everywhere. There was broken glass on the floor, which they nearly stepped on. Yep, the glass was from a beer bottle. The music was loud, but as performers, it didn’t bother them. But the house was hot, and it was hard to get passed anyone without getting elbowed or without getting any beer spilled on one’s clothes as it was packed.

    Courtney grabbed Taehyung’s hand and began to lead him somewhere. He wasn’t sure where that was, and she tried to tell him, but he couldn’t make it out. He wasn’t sure he wanted to go anywhere in the house, unless it was outside.

    It was the bar. She led him to a bar, full of strong drinks that most likely belonged to the owner of the house. No doubt he would be suspicious when he comes home to find it gone.

    Taehyung didn’t want to be at the bar. However, it was quieter, since there weren’t as many kids there and the music was quieter. Finally, he could talk.

    “Courtney, what the hell is going on?” He looked her hard in the eye, his hand on the counter balled in a fist. He was demanding an answer. Little did he know that the girl was different than usual.

    She gave him a strange smile. “Liven up, baby, it’s a party!”

    Taehyung looked at her in disbelief. She’s high, he thought, as if he thought it would be impossible.

    Courtney began to “order” two drinks, but Taehyung’s mind was elsewhere. He was looking through the doorway, into the living room, or dining room, or whatever room that was turned into a dancefloor. He was worried about Mandy. He was sure Mandy could take care of himself. He seemed to know a lot more about American girls than he, and seemed a bit more mature. But he couldn’t help it. He wanted to get Mandy and leave. These girls are poison, he thought.

I should have listened to Angelica.

Taehyung turned down the drink that was set in front of him and began to walk out to find Mandy.

“Wait, Taehyung.”

He looked back at his girlfriend. “I’m not staying. I don’t like it here. You can come with me if you want, but I’m not staying here any longer.”

Courtney downed her drink, then Taehyung’s, before walking over to him. She walked oddly, as her brain could no longer function due to the high alcohol content. As irritated as he was, he found Courtney cute when she walked that way and when she grabbed his sleeve, saying, “Oppa, stay awhile, hm?”

Still, he couldn’t. He swiped her hand away and began to walk into the jungle in search of his friend.

“Oppa~!”

Courtney grabbed his arm again. “Oppa, can we dance first?”

He rolled his eyes and sighed. One dance would be fine, he thought. He did like the song the dj played, and if it would get Courtney to leave him alone, he would do it.

He kinda rocked to the music hoping time would pass quickly, but Courtney’s moves were an eyesore. He slowly tried to back away, but all eyes were on them. People began to cheer her on, and Taehyung took the opportunity to get away. She was enjoying herself and seemed to forget about him. So, once again, he could look for his friend.

The house was big, but he searched and searched. He looked in the kitchen, basement, and knocked on the bathroom doors. He even searched the whole backyard, which did exhaust him. It was when he was back on the makeshift dance floor that he found Mandy and Alissa in a corner making out.

Mandy seemed to be enjoying himself.

“There you are!” Courtney hugged him from behind. “I knew you wouldn’t leave without Mandy.”

Taehyung looked at the girl, who smiled up at him. “He’s enjoying himself,” she said, “So why won’t you?”

Taehyung looked back at his friend. Then at Courtney.

It wouldn’t be… so bad to stay longer, would it? He had no ride, and other than the loud music, alcohol, and drugs, it would be fun, right?

He turned around and grabbed Courtney’s waist and pulled her into a kiss. The taste of the alcohol and weed, it should have turned him off… but he loved it, mixed with the flavor of her lipstick, and the smell of her perfume… it turned him on.

It wouldn’t be so bad to stay longer…

Courtney pulled away first. She had a smile of satisfaction on her face, and she grabbed his hand and made her way to the stairway.

Taehyung didn’t know where she was taking him, but he didn’t care.