Taehyung Kim

Obsession

Part 1

 

    “Omg, I’m going to DIE!”

Alissa and Courtney were eating breakfast at school before class started. Of course, they were doing what they do everyday: fangirling. Fangirling over Kpop and Jpop, but mostly BTS.

If you don’t know BTS, you have no life; that’s what they always say to the other kids, anyway. But they have no lives either, since they are always ‘dying’, mostly because of the pictures of V they continuously cry over. BTS is basically the only thing on their minds. It’s the reason why they are friends. They pretty much only have each other, as everyone else in College Prep High School thinks Kpop is weird. But as long as they have each other, they can always have a friend to fangirl with.

Especially at crucial times like this.

“What, what, what is it?” Courtney asked her chingu excitedly. She must be in a hurry to die, too.

“You know how Taehyung is in America?”

Supposedly"

“Whatever, I just read that Taemin is here now!” Alissa squealed with excitedly.

“Yeah right, Alissa, you get so excited. It’s just tabloids.”

“Aniyo… It’s allkpop.”

Courtney rolled her eyes. “If you’ll excuse me, I’m going to watch ‘Dope’ for the hundredth time.”

At that moment, Angelica passed by.

“Hola, amigas.”

Angelica was one of the few students who didn’t ignore or tease Courtney or Alissa.

“I know how you girls are into Asians…”

“Oooh, what is it?” Angelica’s comment was enough to get Alissa off her phone.

“There is a new kid here from Korea, and I thought that since you two love the country so much, you would be good friends to him.”

Courtney smiled. “Ah, yes, we’ll give him a warm welcome. But he’d definitely want to meet you, too.”

Angelica gave a shy smile. “Don’t be ridiculous, Courtney. I couldn’t…” and she walked away quickly, blushing.

Alissa glared at Courtney. “Why were you offering him to Angelica?”

Courtney only rolled her eyes. “Just because he’s Korean, he’s all of a sudden yours?”

“Yes,” Alissa said, followed by a laugh. Then the bell rang.

Courtney let out a long sigh. “Wish me luck on the Physics test.”

“You’re gonna do FINE!” Alissa assured.

“I’m still nervous,” Courtney stood up. “I’m not perfect, you know.”

“You’re pretty close,” Alissa said, which made Courtney blush.

“Whatever, see ya.”

And they went to class, Courtney to Physics, and Alissa to Music Tech. Music Tech is the only class Alissa really likes- well, and dance. She is able to express her love for music, including her love for Asian music, because her teacher finds it fascinating. Alissa felt like this was the only class she could feel normal in.

But something was different today.

She walked into the classroom and to her desk.

But she stopped midway, and looked back.

Then freaked out, and hurried to her desk in the front row.

Was that the new kid?

No no no no no it CAN’T be him.

While she signed into the computer, trying to act normal, she kept telling herself to calm down. Because what she was thinking is impossible, right?

She was freaking out so much, she jumped when the bell rang.

Ms. Shannon walked into the room at that moment after talking to her co-workers and cleared .

“You may have heard we had a new student. He has moved into the dorms last night, so he may be tired, as he has arrived from Seoul, South Korea. Would you like to introduce yourself?”

The shy teenager walked up to the front, passing the awe-struck Alissa.

“Ahem”

“Hello, my name is Taehyung Kim, and I’m from South Korea. I came to California to learn more about music and dance, as well as to improve my English. I hope we can become friends.” Then he slightly bowed with a shy smile, then looked at the teacher.

Ms. Shannon smiled. “I’m sure you’ll make friends with everyone in here, they all would love to know more about you.” At that moment, the teacher looked at Alissa, knowing how she would be the most reliable at welcoming him..

Alissa was suffering internally, and it showed on her face. As much as she tried covering it up, concerning her teacher. But Taehyung knew exactly what was going on.

Before he returned to his seat, his whispered to his fan, “You can’t tell ANYONE! Please promise me you won’t tell.”

Alissa, still in shock, said, “Of course.”

And he walked away.

“Ok, class, let’s begin. Today, we will be starting a new project…”

Alissa always looked forward to new projects. But today she was focusing too much on the event that just happened. She grew so happy that all she could do was freak out inside, and was not able to work on the song she had planned for weeks. The moment she had waited for all her life was here…

Stealing glances of the secret celebrity, she could only think to herself, “This is my chance. This is my chance to make this man mine…”

 

“Wow, what happened to you?”

It was lunch time, but Alissa still had the stupidest smile anyone could imagine on her face. But she couldn’t even tell her fellow fangirl why.

“Come on, tell me,” Courtney pleaded. Then her face lit up. “You met him, didn’t you! It’s the exchange student!”

Alissa’s grin gave it away.

“Tell me about it! What’s his name, what does he look like, did you talk about kpop…”

“Courtney, calm down. I don’t think he’d like it if we fangirled over him like he’s Kai or something.”

Courtney begged and begged. But it wouldn’t have taken as much as it did to make Alissa give in.

“It’s V.”

Courtney looked confused. “Huh?”

“It’s Kim Taehyung!” She smiled so brightly.

So did Courtney, before she let out an obnoxious laugh. “That’s ridiculous!”

“No, it’s true, but he told me not to tell.”

“Of course, Alissa. Of course.” Courtney pat her friend’s head, and turned to continue eating, when she saw the new kid sit across from them at the table.

“Hi, Alissa, can I sit here?”

Alissa smiled shyly, “Of course. Um, this is my friend Courtney.”

Taehyung smiled at the awe-stricken friend. “Hello… are you okay…?”

Courtney laughed, embarrassed. “Yeah, I’m great… what are you doing here…?”

“I saw that Alissa recognized me, so I knew that I already made a friend here.”

Hearing this made Alissa grin so ridiculous, Taehyung had to keep from chuckling.

“Can we be friends? I felt kind of lonely today…”

“Of course, of course! And I promise not to tell ANYONE!” Courtney said.

“Good.” said the secret star, who couldn’t take his eyes off of her. “Do you have Line?”

“Yes, of course.”

They exchanged numbers and accounts, but Alissa, who has everything we think she could have wished for, had already begun to feel left out.

But I wont give up. I'll make him mine.