Who Do You Like?

Obsession

Part 3

 

    “Senpai!” Alissa called to Mandy.

    It has only been a week since they met, but Alissa and Mandy had become close friends.

    “Hey, Alissa, what’s up?”

    “Have you seen Courtney?”

    His face curled up in thought. “I saw her in the library with Angelica and Joshua.”

    Alissa groaned.

    Joshua was Alissa’s definition of annoying. He had curly, long blonde hair. He was somewhat like a surfer-dude, skateboarder, rapper wannabe. That’s how she described his look. And his personality. Anything she thought meant obnoxious.

    Of course, Mandy found Alissa’s reaction hilarious. “I’ll go with you.”

    “Yeah, you’ll have to keep me from punching that idiot boy in the face.”

    Mandy laughed again. Alissa was so funny to him! And very cute, even when her face was scrunched up in annoyance.

    But when they arrived at the library, Angelica and Joshua were alone.

    “Wasn’t Courtney with you guys?” Mandy asked.

    “Yeah, but Taehyung came and said he needed her for something.” Joshua responded, and seeing Alissa’s expression, laughed so loud the librarian had to hush him.

    “You idiot, stop laughing!” Alissa whispered.

    “I’m sorry, I just think it’s hilarious how JEALOUS you are!!” Joshua responded.

    Mandy looked at her. She was jealous? I guess I should have noticed.

    Angelica smiled, trying to lighten the conversation. “He told me to let you guys know that he’s invited us all to a movie this weekend, and to eat out afterwards.

    Alissa relaxed a little bit. “Well if any of you see Courtney, let me know. Well, you,” she pointed at Joshua. “Don’t even bother!”

    And quickly, she walked away.

    Mandy sat at the table and sighed.

    Angelica smiled at him. “It’s okay, she’s just a fangirl. She’ll let it go once she realizes he’s not into her.”

    Mandy smiled. “That’s okay. I don’t care if she likes Tae. I just hope she doesn’t get hurt when he asks Courtney out. I mean, they’re best friends.”

    Joshua frowned. “Taehyung is asking Courtney out already?”

    “Not soon, at least not that I know of. But have you seen the way they look at each other? It’s bound to happen. Even if she gets over it, I’m fine if she doesn’t like me that way.” He took a deep breath and stretched his arms behind his head. “I looked through her phone anyways and there was a lot of pictures of Alan and Ryota. I thinks she’s more into vocalists than dancers.”

    Still, Angelica leaned forward and reassured him. “You never know. She loves to dance. Besides, your very handsome. She can’t not like you.”

    Mandy smiled. “Thanks, but really, it’s okay. Now, I have to do some homework. Do any of you understand what this calculus crap is?”

 

    Alissa finally got ahold of Courtney, but the thoughts of her and Taehyung had made her forget what she originally needed to talk to her about.

    “You needed me that bad? Are you okay?”

    “I’m fine.” Then Alissa paused. “Well, actually, I’m not. I forgot what I was going to say.”

    Courtney laughed. “Gomen. I’ll make sure to tell you where I am next time, chingu.”

    “But there is something else.”

    “Yeah?”

    Alissa tried to think of how to say it. Maybe she had been selfish this whole time. She pursed her lips. She knew Courtney would laugh and scold her. But she decided to just say it outright.

    “Why are you taking Taehyung from me?!”

    Courtney’s response was what she had predicted. She laughed, but then seeing her friend’s hurt face, she stopped. “Alissa, we talked about this in middle school. Remember?”

    Alissa looked up. “Yeah. That if one of us dated someone we both liked, the other would be okay with it.”

    But that was all too easy for Courtney to say. Alissa really liked Taehyung. Besides, they made that promise before BTS was even their favorite group. They had talked about this when Alissa had dated a boy in their math class. All the girls liked him.

    What had Alissa done?

    Their promise had backfired on her.

    “You guys are dating now?”

    Courtney laughed. “No! I think I would have told you if we were. But he did walk with me to the bookstore today. He was so weird acting.”

    “So he really does like you.”

    “I think so,” Courtney blushed. Then she turned and began walking to her dorm, and Alissa followed her. “I think Mandy likes you, though.”

    Alissa blushed. “Really?”

    “Yeah. He’s always talking about you when you aren’t around.”

    Alissa blushed. She had been focusing so much on Taehyung, trying to get him to like her, when she effortlessly flattered Mandy.

    “But I know you are into Ryota.”

    Alissa bumped shoulders with her friend. “You know I got a thing for dancers.”

    Courtney smiled. So she does like Mandy! Good. Now I can have Taehyung to myself.

    Alissa gasped. “Oh yeah!! We have to do that lab for Chem!”

    “Wait, isn’t that do in two days?”

    “Yeah, but it was supposed to be a week long process! We need to change our plan.” Alissa pouted.

    Courtney sighed. “I don’t want to do Chemistry…”