Is it a Date?

Obsession

Part 4

 

    Taehyung ran up to Joshua and Courtney, who were hanging out with some other girls.

    “Hey guys, can you help me with the English?”

    Joshua laughed. “You trust me to help you with HOMEWORK?!”

    Courtney kicked Joshua’s ankle playfully and turned to Taehyung. “I’ll try my best.”

    He smiled, but before he sat down, the girls started shouting at him:

    “Taehyung, I’ll help you!”

    “I’m in honors, and I have an H, I’ll help you!”

    “Taehyung, I’m a very good study partner! Name any subject, I’m good at it!”

    Taehyung changed his mind. “No, thank you. I appreciate it though.”

    Then he grabbed Courtney’s arm and they were out.

    “It’s so weird, they didn’t care about me before. But now that I’m friends with Mandy, everybody acts like they care…”

    Courtney smiled, and said, “Well, at least you know who your real friends are.”

    Taehyung also smiled. “Thanks.”

 

    “Taehyung, we were already in the library.”

    V proceeded taking his books out of his bag. “That was the school library. Here, it’s a lot quieter.”

    Courtney couldn’t take her eyes off of her bias- her ultimate bias. Seriously! When your bias is in front of you, how could you not stare in disbelief?

    Taehyung looked up, noticing, and laughed shyly. “Actually, I have something to tell you.”

    Courtney raised her eyebrows?

    Could this be it? My dream come true?!

    “I wanted to ask you if you would be interested in showing me around town this weekend.”

    Courtney got confused. Is he asking me out or not? “Why?”

    Taehyung was surprised by the response. “Well, I haven’t been able to learn much about this town, despite how long I’ve been here…”

    Courtney raised a brow.

    “But if I said I was asking you out, would you reject me?” Taehyung had a worried look in his eyes.

    Courtney smiled. “Of course not!” She had to try not to squeal.

    Taehyung let out a sigh of relief. “I’m glad. Now, I don’t understand the prompt for this essay.”

 

    Alissa sat in her dorm, alone. She had been waiting for Courtney to text her for two hours, but she got no response.

    She had also heard Taehyung had gone. Usually, when he went out, he invited the whole circle, like he had two weeks before. But Alissa sensed something different was happening that day.

    She got up and walked out to dinner. When she entered the school building, she was greeted by Angelica.

    “Do you know where Courtney is?”

    “Yeah, she’s on a date with Tae… she didn’t tell you?

    Alissa closed her eyes and huffed. “She never told me…”

    Angelica, not knowing what to say, stayed silent until they got to a table. “Uh, Alissa, before you buy anything, I think Mandy said he was cooking something for you.”

    Alissa perked up. “Wait, what? For me?”

    Angelica nodded. “I almost forgot. Let’s go to the cooking room.”

 

    Taehyung and Courtney came back to the campus, laughing. Taehyung’s are was wrapped around Courtney’s waist, and he held her close to him. They looked like a real couple.

    Standing outside the girl’s dorm, they finally faced each other. Then they just giggled ridiculously.

    “Today was fun, Tae.”

    V nervously took Courtney’s hands into his. “Yeah.”

    Then Taehyung kissed her lips softly.

 

    Alissa walked happily to the girl’s dorm when she saw Taehyung walking the opposite direction. Why was he there?

    Walking in, Alissa saw Courtney walking like a happy drunk.

    “Court~ney!”

    Her friend turned around. “Hey, what’s up?”

    Running up to her, she replied, “Mandy cooked up some yakisoba for me. It was delicious!”

    “Really? Mandy’s a chef?”

    Alissa laughed. “He said he actually planned this for weeks. He isn’t into cooking.”

    Courtney hip-bumped her friend. “So, when are you guys gonna date?”

    Alissa looked at Courtney in amazement. “Hmmm… Not until you tell me how yours was.”

    Courtney tried to hide the guilt in her eyes with a smile. She forgot to tell her friend again. “I confirmed he really is an alien. Look at these pictures....”

    Alissa and Courtney sat on the couch and fangirled for half an hour. Courtney and Tae had been taking selfies every where they went, from the ice cream stand to the Art Museum (which they got caught doing and had to stop).

    Alissa told her friend about how excited she was to go to the Greek festival the next weekend with Mandy.

    And Angelica, who had walked in at that moment, smiled. This is how it should be. Then she walked up to the two and said, “Hey, lights out is in half an hour. You should go to your rooms.”