VII

When Our Paths Align

                                                                                

"Mr. Wu?"

 

Both of your gazes fell towards the front door as it creaked open. Peter poked his head through the small crack, his eyes widening at the sight before him. Then, as if realizing his intrusion, he promptly shut the door.

 

"T-The car is ready sir.” His muffled voice sounded from behind the door.

 

The two of you took a step back, both puzzled and slightly humiliated at the heated kiss that was just shared. Kris glanced down at his hands, which he noted were still resting on your hips. Your gaze followed his and you gasped, taking another step back as your heartbeat escalated. For a split second, his eyebrows knit up in bewilderment; his face exhibiting an expression you had never seen before. Then, as if nothing happened, his eyes grew dark once more. Placing his hands deep within his pockets, Kris’ deep voice reverberated off the walls of his urban mansion.

 

“Well then, please Ms. Jung Hye back to her home.”

 

A muffled “Yes, Mr. Wu” was heard and Kris’ eyes fell upon you briefly. He nodded his head before taking his leave; you watched as his long frame disappeared down the dark hallway. Leaving you, yet again, with a thousand questions unanswered.

 


≫≫≫

 

 

The moment you stepped into your modest, much smaller home, thoughts of the eloquent mansion filled your mind. Though your house wasn’t as luxurious as the home you had stayed in for the past two days, you still liked to think it was a thousand times better than that place. Everything about that place—no, everything about Kris confused you. First he saved you, and then when you try to thank him he’s a jerk about it. Then to place the cherry on the not-so-sweet cake, he kissed you? You sighed loudly and placed your hands on your cheeks, lightly patting yourself back to earth. Your suspicions were confirmed, Kris really was a jerk.

 

Kicking off your shoes, you strolled into the living room. Completely unaware of burrito blanket which just about caused you to fall on your face. Of course, it was Hea; a very upset and mad Hea at that.

 

“Y-Yah!” she screamed, falling open at the sight before her. “Where the have you been!” she continued, hurling a couple pillows in your general direction.

 

“I…umm-” You hesitated. “And why does your face look like that— and your knee!” she interrupted. She stripped herself of the blankets and hurried to your side, placing her hands on your face. “SPEAK. WHAT HAPPENED? I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD.”

 

You sighed.

 

“Well. It all started when a certain best friend/roommate set me up on the worst possible date of my life.” You claimed, sinking into the sofa. Hea continued to gape as she sat down next to you. “Jay… what did he do to you? That bastard. I’ll ruin him I swear!”

 

“It wasn’t Jay, though he wasn’t any better.” You stated. She searched your face, phone ready to either 1. Call the police (though she wasn’t sure what they’d do at this point, or 2. Rip open a new one to whoever did this to her best friend.

 

“Kris Wu.” You said, before the fatigue overcame you.

 

“Yah!” she shook your body. “Don’t fall asleep now! I need to know what happened—”

 

“Wait, Kris Wu…?” Hea glanced at your sleeping figure. “She couldn’t be referring to Kris Wu the superstar… right?”

 

No of course not. That would be impossible. After all, Kris Wu hadn’t been in Korea in months.

 


≫≫≫

 

 

That night, Kris tossed and turned. After losing his fight to insomnia, he kicked off his blankets, frustrated at the events that had unraveled before him. He placed an arm over his forehead, feeling the light breeze cool his overheated body. It had been a while since he’d lost his cool like that, especially over a woman. He scoffed, feeling indifferent to the feelings he couldn’t deny were developing somewhere deep inside.

 

On the other end of metropolitan Seoul, you too felt sleep escape you. While hours ago you couldn’t keep your eyes open, at the moment you were wide awake. The curtains lining the balcony danced elegantly with the breeze as you placed your hands on the cold railing.  The city was awake and bustling; street vendors busy helping tourists with directions, couples happily strolling through the streets hand-in-hand. The full moon, nevertheless, was brighter than ever. Somehow, even the lights of Seoul couldn’t wash out its beauty.

 

You ran two fingers along your lower lip, still in disbelief at the encounter you had earlier. Somewhere at the back of your mind, you had always thought your first kiss would be with the perfect guy, on the perfect day, in the perfect way possible. Or at least, not in the circumstances that it had actually occurred in. It almost felt like your first kiss was stolen—given to someone that didn’t deserve it.

 

Growing up, all you ever wanted was to be loved. To have a family pick you, to adopt you, and to love you. Though you soon came to understand that life wasn’t that easy, and love was hard to come by. Even so, you had hope. All you needed to do was grow up, to make something of yourself, and prove to the world that you could handle everything that came your way. Then, surely love would come to you, right? That’s what the movies always claimed.  But, as you grew, you came to grasp the reality that is life. Destiny, and fate; you had lost all faith in those concepts long ago. You had to create your own destiny, to find your own path. Right now however, all you could think about was the annoying interference that interrupted it all; Kris Wu.

 

 While he did save your life, the kiss was unwarranted and frankly unwanted. It was decided, he would pay for this. Kris Wu would surely pay for taking something that wasn’t his to take.

 

 

 

 

 


A/N

Short update! but now i'm finally done my second year of university. Woohooo, updates will come a lot faster now yaaaaay :o

Let me know what you think of this chapter!