Chapter 2 - FINAL

One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**NOTE: This is not a romantic story. Woo sorry to disappoint you but I will make a sequel for this that solely focus on YongSeo hihi :D enjoy reading! This is the final chapter but the sequel will also be added here~!

 

 

“I know you’re not Joohyun. I AM Joohyun.”

 

There was a moment of silence on the line. J broke the silence.

 

“How can you possibly be Joohyun?”

 

“I know what you are. You are a lone spirit wandering around everyday, without a permanent body.”

 

I almost dropped the coffee I was about to drink. People started looking at me. How can she know J?!

 

“Who are you?” J asked. I can sense to her voice that she’s getting nervous.

 

“I told you. I AM Joohyun.”

 

“Impossible.”

 

“Who are you with? Does he know your true identity?”

 

“Let’s not stray away from the topic.”

 

She’s trying to protect my identity. Of course, she always does this for me.

 

“Leave the body. It’s not yours. It’s mine.”

 

There was another a long silence.

“Someone who experienced being one is the only person who will know this kind of setup.” I was surprised by J’s words. “WHO ARE YOU?”

 

Another silence fills up the call.

 

“I inhabited your body when you were 4 years old.”

 

WHAT. WHAT. WHAT. I can feel shivers down my spine.

 

“What? Who are you?!” I can sense J feeling anxious, nervous, angry and everything. I can’t even comprehend what I just heard.

 

“My name is Jimin. My real age? Older than you. I was like you before – transferring from one body to another. I searched for help until I found a shaman who gave me a strawberry-flavored candy. The shaman said that I should give the candy to the person I want to permanently inhabit. If that person eats it, I will be that person forever, after she sleeps and wakes up.”

 

I remember J saying that she has a memory of eating a strawberry candy. Oh my God. Is…is this for real?

 

Jimin continued “I saw you at the park, alone. I talked to you for a while. It never occurred to me to inhabit your body. You were 4 back then and I was 20 years old already. I was just planning on talking to you and leaving afterwards when I accidentally dropped the candy the shaman gave to me. Without hesitating, you picked it up, asking me if you can have it. I forgot it was the candy from the shaman so I just gave it to you freely. It only occurred to me when I woke up in your body the next day.”

 

A 20-year old girl in a 4-year old body? Is that even possible?

 

“I waited for so many years. I tried to find you but it was hard, I was an adult trapped in a body of a kid. And now that you’re getting older, you find your way into your body?! I want it back! You don’t know how much I’ve suffered!” Jimin is really frustrated, from what I can hear.

 

“And you think I didn’t?! I’ve been living in a world where I can’t come home because I don’t even have one! I don’t know how you became like this but you dragged me in your world and now I want my world back!”

 

“You don’t know what it feels like to be considered dead when it’s only your body that’s letting go. You. Don’t. Know.”

 

“How can I know when you’ve removed me of that privilege?!”

 

There was another silence on the line.

 

“Make sure to make the most out of your day today. Tomorrow, I will be back and you will still be a wandering soul.”

 

I immediately grabbed my things and went to where J and Jimin talked.

 

“Hey.” That’s all I can say.

 

“Hey.” That’s all she can answer. I sat beside her without speaking. I noticed that Jimin already left.

 

We’ve been like that for a few minutes – silent.

 

“So, should I call you Joohyun?”

 

“I think so.”

 

I let out a deep sight. “So, Joohyun, what do we do now?”

 

“I don’t know. I don’t even know how I ended up in my real body again.”

 

We both fell silent. Suddenly, I remembered something. “J,” I’m still used to calling her J. “Remember yesterday? The old lady gave you a candy.”

 

J’s eyes widened. “It’s a strawberry-flavored candy, Yong~ oppa!” My eyes widened as well. “Should we go back there?” I can see J’s eyes glistened as she quickly agreed.

 

We went to the marketplace we went yesterday. We went there because she wanted to experience going on a shopping, even if it won’t be hers the next day.

 

“I think it’s in this alley. J.”

 

“Yonghwa oppa, you can call me Joohyun. It’s my real name after all.”

 

I looked at her in the eyes. “For me, you are still the J I know. It doesn’t matter who you really are supposed to be.” J smiled as we walked our way.

 

 

“I think I see her!” J exclaimed as she dragged me as fast as she can.

The old lady looked at us, and immediately recognized me. “I knew you two would come back to find me.”

 

‘You two?’ But J was in a different body from yesterday? I immediately knew that the old lady has something to do with whatever is happening

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter