Chapter 1

One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

J is a special person, if I may even call her/it a human being. She doesn’t have a gender but she identified herself as a female. She said that she was never attracted to a girl so she identified herself as one. Everyday, J inhabits a body of the same age. Ever since she was born, this has been the scenario, or that’s what she thinks. Her memory as a child is really vague. She only has this memory of eating a strawberry-flavored candy. I asked her how did this happen but she doesn’t really know anything about it.

 

We met when she was in the body of Jihyun, my ex-girlfriend. When we met, Jihyun and I were still together. Before that day, we had a huge argument and I was already planning to end our relationship. But then Jihyun, who was actually J, said “Let’s spend the day together for the last time.” It was a difficult request but I agreed. We spent the day like we had no problem yesterday. I felt like we can actually make our relationship work.

 

Right after we ate, she said she wanted to go to the place where we had our first date. So we went to the playground near her house because that’s where we first hung out, although I don’t think she would actually consider that a date. When we arrived there, she confessed everything - that she’s not Jihyun and that she’s only inhabiting the body of Jihyun for a day. Of course, is there any sane person who would believe her? I got so mad because I thought she was just trying to break up with me so she’s playing all these sort of games. I stood up and said “If you wanted to break up with me, you could’ve said it the moment we met. I was already planning on it anyway.” Before I could even take a step ahead, she held my hand and said “Hear me out, please. I’m not doing this to hurt you.” I never heard Jihyun said something like that. She’s very dominating so I always plead or apologize first. When I heard her say that, I had 0.01% belief that she’s not really Jihyun but 99.99% of me believes that I’m crazy if I believe her. Still I sat again on the bench, waiting for her to say something. “Say something you’ve never told anyone, not even Jihyun.” I thought it was weird but I still went along and said “I’m wearing a blue underwear today .” She was so delighted after hearing me say something and immediately said “Let’s meet again here tomorrow, if that’s convenient. You’ll be seeing me on a different body though, I warned you.” To cut the long story short, she proved to me that she really changes body everyday.

 

And after that, the rest is history. We’ve been constantly seeing each other. We don’t label ourselves because I can’t think of being in a relationship right now, especially this kind of complicated relationship. Still, we always see each other and hang out. When she’s in a body of a guy, we talk like friends but when she’s in a body of a girl, we’re like a couple, well, most of the time. She understands my reaction and she somehow expects it the moment she sees what her body is like for the day. Today, she told me she’s in a body of a girl; I was delighted the moment she said it. Yesterday, she was also a girl. I guess the goddess of fortune is with us. Maybe because she ate a candy the old lady from yesterday gave.

 

 

We immediately planned to meet each other. We agreed to meet at the Cafe Bean. I arrived 10 minutes earlier so I was relaxed for a moment, imagining what she would look like today. The moment I laid eyes on the woman entering the cafe, I know that it was her.

 

And boy was I stunned.

 

“Yonghwa oppa!” She happily greeted me. She’s wearing a peach sunflower dress. She prefers wearing those kind of clothes but there are times when the person she’s inhabiting doesn’t have those. “This girl has lots of clothes to wear, I can live forever here!” I instantly grabbed her hand “Sssh! Tone down your voice! People might think you stole that.” I told her as I see people getting confused by her statement.

 

She swiftly followed. “Sorry, I was just too excited. I don’t know why but this body is so familiar to me. It feels like home. Weird, though.” She kept on talking and talking and I can’t really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter