Homemate 5

Homemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Kyungsoo never see all the girls that Chanyeol informally date, except from the picture Chanyeol has on his phone and asking Kyungsoo about his thought on those girls. Sure, Kyungsoo can judge that Chanyeol has a good taste. Not to mention how some girls, like Seohyun or Boram, has a good quality base on the character they had. And such a waste to not dating those girls properly. Chanyeol have his own reason. Seohyun is currently taking her magister program while Chanyeol even not finishing his bachelor degree yet. He can see that Seohyun fine with that since she sees how hardworking Chanyeol is to fill his daily needs without a help from his parents. But, Chanyeol doesn’t sure that thought would crosses Seohyun’s parents. He can guess it by the way they raise their daughter to be professionally intellectual. On the other side, Boram is use to get spoiled. Shortly explain, he would never adjust her lifestyle with Chanyeol’s. And that’s how he ends up like this. But lately, Kyungsoo missed the stories about Chanyeol and those girls. Since their friendship didn’t goes well lately.

In the next few days, Chanyeol did what Kyungsoo asked him. To be happy for him about his relationship with Irene. Chanyeol asked to be happy? It’s an easiest task for him, to faking happiness. The way he treats Irene is back to normal. Seulgi doesn’t need to wonder again about why Chanyeol got so moody lately since his mood is more stable for the last few days. But, Kyungsoo still can’t find a contentment about the situation. Chanyeol never been this easy to do what Kyungsoo ask him for. He’s rebellious even not all the time. Maybe because even Chanyeol finally act normal in front of all people and how he can see he treats Irene normally now, Chanyeol keep acting coldly to him. He won’t talk to Kyungsoo when there just the two of them. He would avoid him that Kyungsoo won’t bother to catch him and ask him to not avoid him. “You asked me to be happy for you, I’m already happy for you, what else I need to do?” is what Chanyeol would say to him.

Chanyeol still refuses to sleep with Kyungsoo when it was time for Krystal to sleep over their house. Seulgi couldn’t find a time to ask Jongin and Krystal properly. So she would accompany Chanyeol at the living room before he goes to sleep, making sure that Chanyeol wouldn’t leave the house and sleeping on the stage of Joonmyeon café again. This poor best friend she has. So, all she can do for paying all the guilt feeling he has toward Chanyeol is preparing all the sleeping material for Chanyeol in the living room and accompany him until he kick her out and tell that he would be totally fine.

Seulgi is sitting on the couch while watching his tall best friend ready to sleep at the living room. She just biting her lips, thinking, while watching him without saying a word until Chanyeol catches her eyes watching every move he make. “Are you thinking something dirty about me?”, Chanyeol asks curiously who is posing his position, ready to sleep.

“W-what? Yah! I don’t have dirty mind, especially about you! How could i-“, Seulgi’s word is cut by Chanyeol’s suspicious expression that he put on his face, making Seulgi lose her words to defend herself.

“Then why are you looking at me like that?”, Chanyeol asks, still curious.

“Like what?”

“Like this”, Chanyeol imitate Seulgi’s way of looking at Chanyeol earlier, imitating how Seulgi bites her lips earlier, well, by adding some seductive way to make Seulgi looks like she really have a dirty mind about Chanyeol.

 “Haishhh, I can’t even make that expression on my face!”, Seulgi yells out before throwing a pillow to Chanyeol. Chanyeol just laugh at Seulgi who is has a red face by getting embarrassed and back to his sleep position, again ready to sleep.

After about ten minutes passes without them saying a word to each other and Seulgi still watching Chanyeol, he finally breaks the silence. “Are you going to watch me sleep ‘til morning comes? But I need to be honest that your face earlier makes me really uncomfortable and I can’t control myself to not have a bad feeling about what you’re going to do with me while I fall asleep.. AWH!!”, Chanyeol get hit again by Seulgi’s hand, without pillow, only Seulgi’s hand. And it pretty hurts that makes Chanyeol his head a couple time to kill the pain.

“I was worried about you, but you’re such a pabo I can’t almost feel pity about you”, Seulgi says with a serious tone that makes Chanyeol knows that his best friend really worried about him. It’s the perks of having a best girl friend. Girls are more sensitive and instinctive that when she feels something wrong with you they would notice easily.

“What are you worrying about? I feel nothing’s wrong”, Chanyeol asks. Seuulgi just silent and just give him the look in very serious way that almost scares him. In this kind of Seulgi, Chanyeol knows that he can’t ignore her worries. “What is it, Gi?”, Chanyeol says, drown at the atmosphere that Seulgi make around the living room.

“It just, you act different lately. Well not anymore since you’re back to normal, but I wonder what was bothering you”

“What are you talking about?”, Chanyeol says and turning his body around so he doesn’t have to face Seulgi. He can’t tell what is really bothering him lately. He’s not ready for how Seulgi would react if he tells her. Not because he doesn’t believe at her, it just not a low topic that people would get his point of view.

“You know I’m talking about. You won’t tell me? Should I guess it?”

“Listening”

“Fine.. what happened between you and Kyungsoo oppa?”, Seulgi says directly, as Chanyeol allows her to. Chanyeol hold his breath by Seulgi’s word for about a minute. “Are you that serious with Irene Eonnie that you got jealous with Kyungsoo Oppa??”, Chanyeol finally let out his breath, feel relief after Seulgi finishing her words.

“Don’t tell her! It’s between us only!”, Chanyeol says while turning his body so he can face Seulgi.

“Aha! I guess it right.. You owe me 10 dollar Byun!”, Seulgi says, lowing her tone in the last word so Chanyeol can’t hear it.

“What?”

“Nothing. So, why you’re hiding this thing from me? I mean, it’s not your typical to hide this kind of story and prefer to act sulky here and there”, Seulgi says, gaining more curiosity after Chanyeol gives her a respond.

“Well, it’s not typical story because in this case my best friend and I, we like the same person and he make his move first since I still have two girls I need to deal with”

“Lucky you..”, Seulgi teases him. “That’s the lesson you need to learn Chanyeol-ah. Stop playing around because it will be your dead end if you finally meet the one. Just go out with someone you prefer the most or no one at all”

“I am”, Chanyeol replies shortly.

“You are what?”

“I prefer to not go out with any one, at all”, Chanyeol says with emphasis on his last words. Seulgi who’s been sitting on the couch moving her right away to get closer to Chanyeol because she need to hear it more clearly, in case she misheard about Chanyeol’s words earlier. Chanyeol moves his body back, avoiding Seulgi who is getting too close to his face.

“Are you ended up with both of them??? For real?? Both Seohyun and Boram?? Not even choose one of them????”, Seulgi says who is keep getting closer to Chanyeol in every each words she says to him. Chanyeol put his index finger on Seulgi’s forehead to hold her move and then push her back so she can back to her position. Seulgi just rubs her forehead after sits back properly.

“You told me to choose one I want the most or nothing at all. I already did what you suggested”, Chanyeol says while fixing his sleep position so he can see Seulgi’s face clearly.

“Oh my god”, Seulgi groans and hides her face on her palms, frustrated by how Chanyeol treated those girls. “I like you and Seohyun actually..”, Seulgi says not really finishing her words since her phone keep ringing by the incoming chat and turns her focus from the conversations she has with Chanyeol.

“Forget it. I’m already done with them. And I guess this is the right thing I should’ve done. I mean, I need to stop--- Yah! Are you listening to me??”, Chanyeol scolds her, realizing that Seulgi is focus on her phone.

“I’m listening..”, Seulgi says, lying. She turns down her phone and pretend to look at Chanyeol even her mind still full with the chat she just got.

“I said I need to stop- Forget it. Just get your off of here”, Chanyeol says while kicking Seulgi’s body away even not too hard.

“Yah! I still want to hear your story, it’s been a long time since we shared..”, Seulgi tries to persuade Chanyeol.

“Really?? Then, bother to share who makes your face that red and ignore me??”, Chanyeol says, lifting his brows and fold his hand, indicating that he challenge her.

Shocked by how Chanyeol recognize her face that turn to red, Seulgi prefer to avoid his best friend. “Ah.. I’m sleepy.. we’ll continue tomorrow, ‘kay?”, Seulgi says, avoids to answers Chanyeol’s question. She ruffles his hair as a goodbye before run away to her room.

“Yah! I know it was Sehun! No one would make you like that! Yah!!”

 

*

Oh Sehun:

Hey..

Kang Seulgi:

Hi..

Oh Sehun:

Not yet sleeping?

Kang Seulgi:

About to

And you?

Oh Sehun:

I just got home after practice.

Are you free this Saturday?

I have a match, bother to come and see the game?

If you’re free

Kang Seulgi:

Ah.. I’m free actually

Where the game is?

Oh Sehun:

Perfect!

Mokdong Stadium

I’ll leave the tickets on Joonmyeon Hyung

So he would give it to Chanyeol Hyung and you guys can come together

I’ll ask Baekhyun Hyung and Kyungsoo Hyung too

Kang Seulgi:

Ah.. you ask everyone, huh?

Oh Sehun:

So, you won’t get bored watching the game alone

hehe

Kang Seulgi:

Sure..

Thanks for the invitation :)

Oh Sehun:

My pleasure :)

 

 

Seulgi keeps smiling while chatting with her ex. Even the invitation is actually for everyone in the entire house, but she finally got a chance to have a small talk with her ex she’s been missing. Her heart keeps thumping fast makes her hard to fall asleep. She may able to hide this feeling from others, including her best friends but before she sleeps and busy with her own mind, she can’t deny that Sehun is always filling her mind. Still not moving on from her past boyfriend that probably have new girl to replace her spot, Seulgi just holds her feeling on her own. It’s not that she can’t trust her best friends, it just their mouth that won’t shut especially when it’s about her and Sehun.

Seulgi remember how she and Sehun became a lover. That was when Chanyeol ask her to accompany him watching Sehun’s very first game. Seulgi never really into the baseball game, but since Chanyeol is very persistence and Baekhyun spending too much time with Taeyeon – his new girlfriend at that time, and make him refuse to accompany Chanyeol, Seulgi had no other choice than to came with Chanyeol to the game. After the game ended, they were waiting for Sehun to change and then drove away to Joonmyeon café to celebrate Sehun’s first game and met Chanyeol’s friends, Joonmyeon himself, a pretty guy named Luhan, a tall too-good-looking guy named Kris, another tall guy with tan-skin named Tao, and penguin-look-alike guy named Kyungsoo that she already knew. A guy named Kris brought some girls that he said to accompany their night but actually only him and Tao who was having fun with those girls. Both Kris and Tao must be party animals, Seulgi guessed by the way they make the café feels like a night club by turning on the clubby music and dance along with those girls they brought.  

Sehun’s fame was no joke for Seulgi. As his first game, Sehun already had fangirls that gathered at the café to congratulate him, even his team didn’t win the game. Chanyeol said that Sehun had been a famous baseball player since they were in high school, and those fans must be always rooting on him that makes Sehun’s fame was starting too soon. He wasn’t even a national player yet, how could he be so famous like that. But, Seulgi wonders no more since she couldn’t deny Sehun’s look that is as good as an idol, just like how Chanyeol always told her about him. So, since the first time she saw him, she can’t deny her stare that hardly can be moved away from the baseball player. But she tried hard not to get caught and wishing how her heart beating wasn’t too loud that people could hear it.

To catch a cold guy’s attention like Sehun, Seulgi knows exactly how. Since Sehun always had girls screaming his name, even not literally, Seulgi try to act like she didn’t even care about Sehun’s existence. Yes, that is how you’ll get the attention. Because a guy like Sehun who always surrounded by so many girls, the one that would catch his eye must be someone who doesn’t look into him. And for Seulgi, it succeeds to make Sehun ask Chanyeol for her number and they started to get close ever since.

Seulgi smiles by herself by remembering the first memory she had with Sehun. “Yah Kang Seulgi, It just a game, and everyone invited by him! It’s not even a date! Wake up you, Girl!”, Seulgi says try to remind herself while her hand can’t stop hitting her own head. “Why he has to invite everyone???? Aaaah this is frustrating!!”, Seulgi sulking to herself.

 

*

 

Jongin and Kyuhyun finally meet with each other, having a talk as a cousin. But, Kyuhyun use the time to know about Jongin and Taemin personally. Because whatever it is, Jongin needs to get a treatment before everything is too late. Well, It’s already kind of late actually, since Seulgi herself doesn’t sure what to do and how to do to treat her twins. So, Seulgi finally let Kyuhyun to give her a help in hand. While Kyuhyun handle Jongin, give him a treatment slowly, not to rush Jongin to tell everything he needs to know, Seulgi on the other side is handling Krystal. She asks her time for them to meet so Seulgi can tell her about Jongin’s condition.

In four years relationship with Jongin, Krystal never even once hangs out alone only with Seulgi. There always be Jongin between them or not at all. So, Krystal can smell serious matter since Seulgi ask her to meet without Jongin come with them. Seulgi is not really sure how to do this properly, to tell about Taemin’s story. But she can’t keep this anymore from Krystal. Like Kyuhyun said, she would be a big help or she would leave Jongin. Seulgi already prepared for the best.

“I don’t understand, Gi. What is wrong with that story?”, Krystal asked when Seulgi finally end up telling the story about how Jongin and Taemin always being close to each other. About how Jongin very dependent to his Hyung like he’s not his Hyung but more like his own father. “I mean, it’s very normal, I act like that with my Eonnie so I can say that I’m very understand about the situation”, Krystal explains. Seulgi take a deep breath before she finally came to the point where the truth would be revealed.

“The problem is..”, Seulgi says slowly, she try to read Krystal’s face before she continues her words,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter