Homemate 4

Homemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Seulgi is ready to get to work, her internship still left for two months and she’s doing very well so far since her cousin which is her senior that she work with, Kyuhyun, is been helping her so much. She’s been waiting for her breakfast that Chanyeol promised last night, but it almost the time that she need to go but she can’t find Chanyeol in the entire house. She’s been calling him for a thousand times but his phone still inactive. It’s not only that she is waiting for her breakfast, she can make it on her own, but she is worry that he left without no one knows where he goes. “What is into him lately??”, She’s mumbling alone. Irene who is sitting in front of her knows that Seulgi is worry, so she tells what happened last night when she arrived at home. And it just makes Seulgi more wondering what happened. “At least he need to keep his phone on when he go without telling anyone where, that brat”, Seulgi mumbles again. So she tries to call her other best friend, even needs three times of trying, at last he answers the phone.

 

Calling…

Baekiee

 

“Oppa.. is Chanyeol there???”

“Why should he??”, Baekhyun answers when his voice still weak, he probably still asleep when Seulgi calls.

“He isn’t home since last night, but no one knows where he goes”

“he’s a grown up man, Gi, he can go wherever he want and he’ll be fine”

“But, oppa. Don’t you think he is acting weird? he get mad often lately”

“Say someone who got mad a whole day yesterday”

“Oppaaaa!!!”

“Yah!!! are you calling me just to ask where is Chanyeol?? You ruin my dream, you know!!”

“Wait.. oppa, didn’t you say that you have a class in the morning? Why are you still sleeping???”

“Aaaah, right!!”

“Oppa!! Are you lying just to avoid to make me a breakfast????”

“N-no.. I have to get prepare, I’m late. Bye!!”, Baekhyun says in hurry and hung up the phone right away.

 

Seulgi realize that it’s getting weird since Chanyeol isn’t sleep over at Baekhyun’s apartment. Where he spend the night, then? Is he going to his parent’s house? Probably. Seulgi save her worries for awhile since Chanyeol still turn off his phone and it’s time for her to go to work. Kyungsoo who is watching her worrying Chanyeol since he having his breakfast together with all of them is telling Seulgi that Chanyeol would be fine, that the taller guy just need a time alone. Seulgi just nods herself even her mind having so many questiona to Kyungsoo and what happened between him and Chanyeol lately, but she brush away those thought. Maybe she is thinking too much, so she just excuse herself to go.

Seulgi never realize before how is Kyungsoo and Chanyeol’s friendship. But, since she lives with them, it makes her realize that their friendship is something. Something that she even doesn’t understand how to describe. First is when Chanyeol gives Kyungsoo a silent treatment that she realize Chanyeol never been the one who get mad at someone. He supposed to be someone that people get mad of, because of his mischievous attitude. And second, is last night, when Irene told her that Chanyeol seems mad to Kyungsoo by how he talks to her but his eyes looking grumpily at Kyungsoo. “Is he have a serious feeling toward Irene Eonnie that he jealous whenever Kyungsoo Oppa do something to her??”, Seulgi thought. She guess it’s her best hypothesis for this situation.

 

 

*

 

 

“You’re doing very good on your work, Seulgi-ah”, Kyuhyun says between their work. It almost the time for lunch break. Most of her work is to observe how Kyuhyun handle the patient and pay attention of how the patient respond the treatment that Kyuhyun as a doctor gives to them. She also helps to prepare some essential document that Kyuhyun needs. Just typical duty for an intern.

“Thank you, Sunbae”, Seulgi says gratefully, even her face getting red a little by the compliment that her senior gives, even for the fact that he is her cousin too.

“How is Jongin doing? I’ve never seen him in awhile”, ask Kyuhyun. This time, he plays the role as their cousin rather than Seulgi’s senior.

“He’s fine.. physically”, Seulgi answers and Kyuhyun knows what it supposed to mean.

“Is he still talking about Taemin?”

“Yeah, and it scares me, Oppa” Seulgi says in serious way that she forget she just called Kyuhyun “Oppa” rather than “sunbae”. Kyuhyun doesn’t really mind since it’s only two of them at his offie. “I mean, it seems like it’s getting normal for him to talk about Taemin when the fact is, it’s not fine at all. What should I do then?”

“Don’t push him too much. You need to work on it properly, or he would end up rebelling”, Kyuhyun explains, gives her an advice like an older brother.

“He has a girlfriend, and it seems like she doesn’t know about his condition. I’m afraid that she would figure it out and leave him. And it would be double disaster for Jongin”

“Hmm.. there’s always two possibility, Seulgi-ah. You should tell her about Jongin’s situation since it could be a big help for you to handle him. And let her decide what to do, it’s either she would help him or she would leave him”, Kyuhyun explain again. “Can you bring him here some time? I would like to see him in person, it’s been awhile though”, Kyuhyun asks.

“I will Oppa..”, is all Seulgi says in reply.

“Go have a lunch, you need to eat well since you need to bear a biggest responsibility on your family. Aigooo, our Seulgi is growing up so well. Good girl”, Kyuhyun says praising her attitude towards her twins and her head softly.

“Aaa Oppa, you make me feel like a little girl”, Seulgi whines and makes Kyuhyun laughs. “I’m going now, have a nice lunch, Sunbaenim”, Seulgi says and excuse herself. She then walk out from Kyuhyun office when she suddenly startled by the sudden appearance from two guys she is familiar with. Her two best friends who are standing in front of Kyuhyun office sure are shocking her. “Yaa! What are you guys doing here???”

“Lunch??”, Chanyeol says while lift up two food bags on his hand. Since he broke the promise to make her a breakfast, he decided to pay it back with lunch. So, he together with Baekhyun decided to visit Seulgi on her workplace.

“Huh, you let me starving for whole morning that made me need to have a brunch. I’m not really hungry right now!”, Seulgi says try to play hard to get.

“I guess it means she doesn’t want it, Chanyeol. Should we just eat it two of us?”, Baekhyun says and about to grab the food bags that Chanyeol holds before Seulgi grabs it first quickly.

“I didn’t say I don’t want it!”, Seulgi says and grabs all of the food bags they had for her and leave first. Leaving the two of them dumbfounded.

“Ya!! Seulgi-ah, where are you going? we’re supposed to eat together!”, Chanyeol says a little loud to make sure that Seulgi who is walking away heard him.

“I didn’t say I want share it”, Seulgi answers and keep walking.

But, instead of catching her up, both Chanyeol and Baekhyun just go inside Kyuhyun’s office. They’ve planned to visit him though, since he was once their senior. So, Kyuhyun spend all the break time he has to have a chit chat with his hoobaes. Not to mention how he teases those two guys who are not getting graduate very soon. Kyuhyun also asks about Chanyeol’s father condition since that taller guy used to consult with him.

 

*

 

Seulgi sometimes wonder, how his twin Jongin and his girlfriend Krystal always stick together. Like, they always plan something and it always work with them. First, how they plan their college together, choosing the broadcast as their major. And now, they can spend their internship together since both of them accepted on KBS station. Lucky for them, Seulgi wonders why she can’t be like that with Sehun. She’s a hopeless romantic for sure. Her ex that she always misses, who she spend her last Friday night with, didn’t even text her after their meeting. And whenever she remember about the fact that her relationship with her ex would never getting back like it used to be, she would get this upset feeling again towards her two brats best friends.

“So, when I can meet your brother?”, Krystal asks to Jongin when they’re on their way back from their intern session.

“Should I call him right now?”, Jongin asks and Krystal nods excitedly. Since Jongin always talk about him, it makes Krystal always wanted to know Taemin in person. “Oh, his phone is off, that’s weird”, Jongin says after dial Taemin’s number but doesn’t get answers. He tries again four times, five times, but Taemin’s phone still off.

“I guess I can’t meet him today”, Krystal pouts.

“Aigoo, are you really want to see him that bad?”, Jongin says while rubbing her head softly, try to comfort her. She just nods again and still pouts. “Put that face down, my father just send me money, should we go eat something delicious to get away that pout from your lips?”, Jongin asked his girlfriend, not to forget try to make a smile form at Krystal’s lips with his fingers.

“No, I just want to eat at my dorm, I’m tired”, Krystal answers while taking away his boyfriend’s fingers from her lips but not from her grip. They walk side by side to the shelter bus, ready to go home. “Don’t you think you need to tell Seulgi very soon?”

“About what?”, Jongin asked, doesn’t sure about what his girlfriend babbling about.

“About Kyungsoo oppa. How if she find out by herself, don’t you think it could cause more trouble than it supposed to be?”

“This is why I can’t stop the feeling I have for you”, Jongin says but not answering the question Krystal asked. He can’t stop his hand from desire to rub her girlfriend’s smooth hair.

“What is it?”

“You, Jung Krystal, when actually always being too concern about others problem but everyone think that you have a heart as cold as all ices in the North Pole”

“Yaaah!! I only concern about your problem, not others! That’s why everyone thinks I’m cold-hearted. I like it that way, so no one could think they can intimidate me”

“I know..”, Jongin says softly, not wanting to beat Krystal’s high note earlier. “What would she react if I tell her?”, Jongin asked, answering the main conversation they head earlier. A little bit worry about the topic they have.

“She would explode I bet. But, it won’t be long since it’s Kyungsoo oppa at this case”, Krystal says when they finally reach the shelter bus and waiting their bus to coming. They are waiting in silence since Jongin busy with his phone. “Who is that?”, she asked about with whom Jongin is texting.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter