Homemate 2

Homemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It’s been a month since they live as a homemate. So far, everything goes well. Maybe because they basically already know each other closely. But for Seulgi, some of closeness between them seems different. What Seulgi means is between Kyungsoo and Irene. Their closeness have some kind of romance. Not that Seulgi is jealous or something. She’s totally fine. But, them both like playing hide and seek that is irritating her. There’s a time when she caught them having a morning jogs together. That was when Seulgi preparing her breakfast and they got home together, laughing. Even Seulgi never have a laugh together with Kyungsoo like that. Again, not because Seulgi is jealous. She’s just comparing. She will ship them honestly, only if Irene would be honest to her about their relationship. The second proof that support Seulgi’s allegation is when Kyungsoo gave her a birthday present. A package of body care, the usual brand that Seulgi use. There’s no way that Kyungsoo would know about her body care brand unless he got helped from Irene.

And the most shocking event about those two was when Seulgi caught Irene came out from Kyungsoo’s room. The room that is most intriguing place in the whole house.  It was the night when Seulgi suddenly woke up because she had an urge to pee. She wasn’t fully wake up when she walked to the bathroom. She didn’t saw Irene on her bed but she wasn’t really aware of that. And when she walked out from her room, she saw Irene just got out from Kyungsoo’s room, but still, she didn’t aware about that. She didn’t fully conscious. But then when she was in the middle of her pee, she got her conscious slowly and finally realize what just happened.

“EOONNNIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!”, She hurriedly flush the toilet and run back to her room. She break in to the bedroom and jump to Irene’s bed. “EONNIIIIEEEEE WHAT WAS THATTTT???”, Seulgi asks in a rush, she’s shaking Irene’s small body and makes her hard to answer. “EOONNIIEEEE TELL ME WHAT JUST HAPPENED???”

“Aaaa- wh- Seu- wh-“, Irene try hard to answer but her voice is shaking because Seulgi keeps shaking her body

“TELL ME!! WHAT DID YOU DO?? WHY YOU CAME OUT FROM KYUNGSOO OPPA’S ROOM??”

“I—j-j-j—j—“

“What? Eonniee whaat?”

“I c-c-can’t s-s-speak.. if you k-k-keep sh-sh-shaking my b-b-body!”, Seulgi stops shaking Irene’s body and she now sit steadily to hear her answer. But, instead of telling what happened, she just keep silent.

“TELL MEEEEE!!”

*DUGDUGDUG*, there’s someone knocking hard their room. Seulgi shut and open the door to find a tall figure with messy hair and grumpy face.

“WHY ARE YOU YELLING AROUND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT??? IT’S TWO ING A.M.!!!”, Chanyeol shouts at Seulgi who is frozen by his voice in front of the door. Seulgi just grinning by guilty.

“I’m sorry..”, Seulgi whispers, “..you can go back to sleep..”, Seulgi still whispers while her hands push Chanyeol’s body back to his room, “..i won’t loud anymore, promise”. Seulgi just want to brush away Chanyeol immediately and back to her interrogation that had been interrupted. Seulgi then back to Irene to hear her story. She finally get her answer right away.

 

***

 

Another romance that Seulgi can smell is coming from her twin. She never really know about what Jongin did with Krystal while they lived in the dorm. But, since they become a homemate she doesn’t need hard to watch how her twin doing their lovey-dovey thing. Their romance disadvantage Chanyeol sometimes. Because there’ll be the time when Krystal would sleep at Jongin’s room, which is Chanyeol’s too. It’s not like Krystal occupied Chanyeol’s bed. They just sleep together in Jongin’s bed that it doesn’t matter if Chanyeol still wants to sleep in that room. But it’s not something comfortable to sleep together with a couple while all you had just a pillow to hug. There’s the time when Chanyeol sleep first at their room and Jongin seems not coming back home yet. But in the morning, Chanyeol would wake up with a view of that couple hugging each other at Jongin’s bed. He wonders what happened while he’s sleeping. Are they ‘playing’ very neat that Chanyeol didn’t hear anything or there’s nothing really happen. And Chanyeol would confused about his feeling, is he envy to that couple or he mad for their too-open romance or maybe both. Sometimes their room will be too crowded with Krystal presence there and sometimes the room is too silence when it’s time for Jongin to sleep over at Krystal’s.

 

Seulgi feel bad to Chanyeol even Chanyeol doesn’t matter about it. He’s just would take the blanket and pillow and then sleep at the couch in the living room.

“Chanyeol..”, Kyungsoo shake Chanyeol’s body who is sleeping peacefully at the living room. Kyungsoo just back from the work and this isn’t the first time Chanyeol sleeps at the couch that doesn’t support his entire body. “Chanyeol.. wake up!”, Kyungsoo keep trying to shake his body and pat his cheek to wake him up.

“hmmmm”, Chanyeol respond him with moving his position but not waking his body up.

“Chanyeol, let’s sleep in my room”

“hmmm”

“Chanyeol, come on, your body will get pain if you keep sleeping like this. Come one!”, Kyungsoo take Chanyeol’s wrist to make that tall body stand up. Chanyeol finally wake up even his eyes doesn’t fully open. He bring all his sleeps material and walk upstairs to Kyungsoo’s room. Even Kyungsoo’s room is something private, but this isn’t the first time Chanyeol come inside it, but to sleep there this is indeed the first time. Kyungsoo let Chanyeol continue his sleep while he’s cleaning up himself. They used to be a roommate when Kyungsoo still in collage before he graduate earlier than Chanyeol. But, the view that Kyungsoo sees at his bed is something new. Back in the dorm, they have their own bed for each of them. But at his room like right now, Kyungsoo only have one bed, even it’s a king bed, but it seems like Chanyeol’s body make that bed doesn’t look like a king bed. It support his tall figure perfectly. Kyungsoo almost regret that he offers Chanyeol to sleep with him. Just almost.

Since they get a temporary solution about Chanyeol’s room thing, they let Jongin bring Krystal to their home. Seulgi once try to tell Jongin about it but Chanyeol and Kyungsoo tell her that all is fine and let Jongin be with Krystal. They’re not doing that every single day though, just a couple times for each weeks. It’s fine for Chanyeol. It makes Seulgi remember how Jongin and Krystal become a lover at their high school. It was their last semester at high school that Jongin and Krystal being a classmate. Krystal was very popular back at their high school that a bunch of boys couldn’t take their eyes off of her. But Jongin was the opposite. Even with his good looking, Jongin wasn’t very social person. He just had one or two close friend. And it turns out to catch Krystal eyes. Not like all those boys who try hard to chase Krystal, Jongin wasn’t really care about Krystal and her popularity. Of course he admit that Krystal is pretty, but then what? It’s not that we need to posses every beautiful thing that exist in this world, right? But if the beautiful thing want us to be their owner, would us refuse it?

It was Krystal who make the first move because she realize that Jongin is not like any other boys who would chase her. Well, if Jongin just like those boys, Krystal wouldn’t bother to put any attention on him. In Krystal eyes, Jongin has something that attract her. Not because he is physically attractive even it’s the truth, but not that kind of attraction that catch Krystal’s attention. It’s only Krystal who understands what is in Jongin that really attract her. And it was attract her even more once she knows him in person. Jongin may look cool at the outside that makes boys intimidated by his existence and makes girls hunger for boyfriend figure even for the one who already had one. But, on the inside, Jongin is a caring person and very gentle. He may look like he wouldn’t be under control over the girl he dated but actually he is. He’ll give up his willingness if it’s not in the same line with his girlfriend.

If the beautiful thing want us to be their owner, would us refuse it? Would Jongin refuse Krystal who approach him first? Of course not. The feeling was mutual. And for Jongin not much different like what Krystal sees on him. There’s an obvious beauty on Krystal that everyone can see. Krystal was popular even she’s not very friendly. And that’s why Jongin didn’t seem to bother to know her in person. But, once he know her in person, the cold-hearted Krystal turns to be a sweet-hearted Krystal. And  it seems like only Jongin who can catch that side of Krystal. It makes them wants to explore each other treasures. Since then, they beome a popular and favorite couple at their school. A famous love story at school.

 

***

 

Sometimes their morning are very hectic when all of them having early schedule. For Chanyeol, Seulgi and Jongin who still fighting with their college stuff, they don’t usually have morning schedule, just some morning will make them wake up early. But, start from today, Seulgi and Jongin need to wake up early because they’ll having an internship session for three months ahead. Jongin take an internship at KBS station while Seulgi being a co-assistant for young and handsome psychologist named Kyuhyun. He’s actually a distant cousin of Seulgi and Jongin from their mother lines, but she’s not sure about the family tree so they just go simply as cousin. While everyone have their schedule neatly packed, Chanyeol still uncertain about his. He’s in the middle of thesis preparation that sometimes need to meet the professor, but the time is uncertain.

“I think I’m the one who doesn’t get a chance to see Kyungsoo oppa’s room”, Seulgi says in the middle of her breakfast with Chanyeol. She says that while looking to the upstairs when Jongin just came out from Kyungsoo’s room. Jongin is borrowing Kyungsoo’s notebook for his internship because his one is broken. They both enjoying the overcooked-toast – made by Seulgi –  in the living room while Irene still busy in the Kitchen.

“Really?”, Chanyeol asks, then he trun his eyes to Seulgi’s eyes direction, the upstairs. He sees Jongin just walk out from Kyungsoo’s room with laptop on his hold. “Oh.. that”, Chanyeol says. He knows abot Jongin’s laptop that have been damaged. Chanyeol continue eating his bread when he suddenly realize something. “Wait.. what do you mean you’re the one wh.. Is Irene noona..?”, Chanyeol confused. Well, Kyungsoo’s room isn’t a mysterious place anymore since Jongin already see his room. Chanyeol feel less special than before since he’s not the only one who get to know the room. He just feel special when Kyungsoo allowed him to sleep with him sometimes when Krystal sleep over. But, Irene? What she would do inside his room. Chanyeol wondering every possibility that makes his head in heat suddenly.

“Oh, I thought you knew about that..”

“When is it?”

“I don’t remember. It was when I’m yelling around that woke you up in the middle of the night. When is it??”

That’s 2 a.m. What she was doing with Kyungsoo at his room in the middle of the night? It was even before Kyungsoo allow me to sleep in his room.

“Well she’s jus—“, Seulgi is about to explain something when Chanyeol suddenly wake up without cleaning up his plate and walk upstairs. Seulgi dumbfounded by Chanyeol’s sudden action.

Chanyeol walks straight to the upstairs not even bother Kyungsoo’s morning greeting when they pass by at the stairs. Kyungsoo also dumbfounded by Chanyeol’s action. He look at Seulgi who is also dumbfounded. She just raises her shoulders to show Kyungsoo that she has no idea.

 

 

When in a bad mood, Chanyeol would spend his day playing all his instruments, it’s his sweet escape. Or, he would just sleep, wishing the bad mood would go away when he woke up. But, right now, he’s not only bad mood. He’s enrage. How could Kyungsoo put him second after Irene? The girl he just known for a month beat him up who known Kyungsoo for about six years. And nothing more bother Chanyeol’s mind right now than the thought of what he did in the room, in the middle of the night. All this thought came because Seulgi can’t stop talking about their silent lovey-dovey. He hates hearing all those ‘insignificant’ thing like that.

From: Seulgi

Chanyeol, can you pick me up at 5 at hospital? PLEASE!!

To: Seulgi:

No

From:  Seulgi

Stingy!!

When Chanyeol in a bad mood, he doesn’t take any order from anyone. He just want to be left alone until he get his mood back.

 

***

 

“Seulgi-ah. Because we’re partner here, I still need to interview you before we start our work, okay?”, Kyuhyun says while his eyes reading Seulgi’s CV. Even they’re not really close and meet often, Seulgi needs Kyuhyun helps for her internship session so here they are.

“Okay, oppa- I mean doctor”, Seulgi says nervously. She bites her lips doesn’t sure what to do. Kyuhyun just smile at her.

“Hmm.. doctor seems too formal. I honestly don’t mind if you call me oppa, but it’s not appropriate for an intern, you know.. too much evil mouth. Just call me Sunbae”

“Okay Sunbae”

“Okay Seulgi.. what is the reason you take psychology major? Is there something you are interested in?”

“Well, there’s a psychological symptom that I want to know about”

“You can just read it, there’s so many literature that would answer your curiosity”

“I want to be able to understand it in person and get to know how to cure it”

“Is this about Jongin?”

Jongin was a cheerful person. Was. Before something happened to their older brother, Taemin. Jongin very close with Taemin, even after all that happened to him. Jongin still ‘close’ with Taemin while Seulgi try to move on from the incident. Since the incident happened, Jongin wasn’t very cheerful again until he met Krystal. But, there’s still something about Jongin that really bother Seulgi and she whole-heartedly wants to help her twin. And Kyuhyun happened to know about this, it’s been a talk to the entire family. Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Irene are other people who knows about Jongin’s condition. Even Jongin himself doesn’t know about his own condition.

“Yes, Sunbae”

“Your reason seems not much different than Chanyeol’s then am I right?”, Kyuhyun ask. He is the one who help Chanyeol’s father to get treatment for his psychological condition, Hypochondriasis (A sickness or illness anxiety). Seulgi just nods as an answer. Her first day doesn’t seem too busy that all she does is watching Kyuhyun’s work. After today she would know how she will do her internship as co-assistant.

She come at home first than anybody else, well, except Chanyeol who spend whole day at house. She is about to scold Chanyeol who refuse to pick her up when he has nothing to do at home. But, Seulgi knows this attitude means that Chanyeol is not in the mood, so she just let him be. They keep talking to each other though, Chanyeol sharing his music he just composed while Seulgi share his activity for today. Not forget to talk about their bet towards Baekhyun-Taeyeon relationship. Yes, they have this habit that they will make a 10 dollar bet to every bet they deal with. Currently, it’s about their other bes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter