4/6

Define You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unbeta-ed and not even read twice (i'm just grateful i can even update this chapter)

-----------------------------

Kyungsoo thought Jongin being weird was a one time thing, so he shrugged it off and pushed it on the back of his mind nonchalantly.

Well he was wrong, alright.

That night, out of worry for Jongin's unusual behaviour, Kyungsoo texted his project partner.

Kyungsoo propped himself comfortably on his bed with a pile of cushions supporting his weight.

To: jonnin

Hey, you okay?

Sent 21.32

Kyungsoo put his phone under his chin and bit his lower lip nervously. He honestly had no idea why he was so worried about Jongin's condition.

Sure they're teammates but they dont necessarily need to like, care that much, right?

Ding!

Kyungsoo averted his eyes to the screen, convincing himself he wasnt nervous for reason he didnt understand.

From: jonnin

yes im fine.

Received 21.40

Kyungsoo frowned.

Where was the usual slanks and emoticons? Was Jongin really sick?

To: jonnin

Are you feeling okay? Do you need me to go there for a bit and buy you medicine along the way?

Sent 21.42

Kyungsoo was just feeling empathic, and that is it. He was sure Jongin would do the same, if they were to switch positions.

How could he be so sure?

 Well.

Well.......

He just knew Jongin would, because they were friends right, thats what they do. He would do that to Jongin, like he would to any other of his friends

.

.

(Maybe except for Baekhyun, if he were to ask Kyungsoo to come by and nurse him back to health, he would have sent Baekhyun a huge picture of his middle finger)

From: jonnin

No

Received 22.00

What?

Kyungsoo stared at the screen a little bit longer than he was supposed to. Jongin was really sick it seemed. Kyungsoo sighed, trying to eased up the worry and nervousness building up in his chest cavity. It was probably a light flu or something, if it was something serious Jongin would have asked for help.

Nodding to his assumption, Kyungsoo twisted his body to flick off his bedside lamp and put his phone down. Burrying his face into the camomile smell of his comforter, he lulled himself to sleep with the feeling of a pile of pebbles inside his stomach.

---------------------

The next 2 days, he didnt see Jongin at all. It was almost like Jongin avoided him deliberately. On this point, Kyungsoo kept questioning himself on his worriness, but still keeping his eyes sharp on any hazelnut brown hair with a broad shoulder.

He even brought a headache pill his mom consumed all the time when she felt unwell, hoping to meet Jongin and make him feel better somewhow. But Jongin seemed to do a major camouflage and managed to went MIA from Kyungsoo's sight after that day.

Even on lunchbreaks, when they usually sit together with their friends, (somehow their friends merged because Baekhyun was apparently very close with Chanyeol now) Jongin didnt show up.

Kyungsoo approached their usual table seeing no sign of Jongin, he sat beside Baekhyun (whose beside Chanyeol, whose infront of Luhan, whose sitting on Sehun's lap, whose sitting beside Kim Jongdae) "Where's Jongin?" Kyungsoo asked at no one in particular.

"Well hello, Kyungie." Baekhyun smiled sarcastically at him, "Nice to know you decided to come and greet your friends ever so politely." Which Kyungsoo ignored.

"I dont know, last time I see him was yesterday after dance class," Sehun said with his mouth occasionally munching from the strawberries Luhan was feeding him. Kyungsoo frowned.

"I waited for him in front of the school, how come I didnt see him?"

Jongdae shrugged casually, plopping handful of M&M's inside his mouth, "I think saw him went out from the back yesterday."

"Why would he went from the back, Jongin never....." Kyungsoo froze in realization. Jongin wouldnt go from the back except he knew Kyungsoo was waiting for him in the front so he went back from the other way.

Now Kyungsoo knew for sure Jongin was avoiding him. The feelings that had been built up the past days bursting out of seams, Kyungsoo couldnt help but to walk away from the rest of his friends and muddle with his own mind for the rest of the break.

He didnt miss the apologetic looks Chanyeol and Baekhyun sent his way

.

.

.

(But he missed the fact that he didnt cringe at all when he saw Sehun kissed Luhan on his cheek or when Baekhyun and Chanyeol blantantly made googly eyes on each other)

-------------------------

On that afternoon after school hours ended, Kyungsoo decided that he couldnt longer kept assuming what he did wrong or what the hell was happening with Jongin, so he forced Sehun to brainstorm where Jongin could have been right after school ended.

He found himself storming with murky thoughts towards the expanse of the school's football field, and spotted the hazelnut brown hair under rows of bleachers after some minutes of tiptoeing and cranning his neck left and right.

He walked closer to the laying figure and regconized Jongin's white pair of earphone plugged in, the owner closing his eyes and occasionally tapping his fingers on to the grass. He stopped a few feet before Jongin.

"Jongin-ah." Jongin didnt budge, but his fingers stopped tapping.

"Jongin," Kyungsoo called out once again. Jongin opened his eyes and plugged his earphone out.

"We need to talk," Kyungsoo stressed out.

Jongin grunted lowly, "about what? I'm listening."

Kyungsoo felt the desperation from Jongin's cold reaction and plopped on the grass, sitting with exasperated manner.

"Did I do something wrong, Jongin-ah? You dont seem to be sick but you're avoiding me, did I-" Kyungsoo paused to hold back the word vomits from flowing down uncontrollably, "-at least tell me if it is my fault." He said with pleading eyes.

Jongin stared at his eyes, and for a second Kyungsoo caught a glimpse of guilt and something else he couldnt decipher. Jongin's gaze trailed to his lips for a second, before averting his eyes to the grass.

"No, hyung. I've just been busy lately."

Silence stilled the green grass.

"I have to go-" Jongin started, "I-I got dance practice, everybody's probably starting already." Jongin stood up hastily and left Kyungsoo sitting alone on the grass without even dusting his pants.

Kyungsoo bit his lower lips.

(20 minutes ago)

"Sehun-ah, is by any chance Jongin practicing?" Kyungsoo tried to help Sehun jog his rusty brain.

"Nah, my trainer hyung is sick today, and nobody's got the dance room's key except him. Besides Jongin and I got a Biology test tomorrow, that fool loves his grade too much to not go home as soon as he could and have with his biology book or something," Sehun shrugged.

 

Kyungsoo bit his lip harder, anger quickly rushing and pushing each other inside his lungs, small palms balled into fists on the grass. Ungodly amount of frustation lodging his throat.

Kyungsoo himself didnt understand a thing behind this feelings he was feeling, moreover on a classmate whom he got a project together

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter