3/6

Define You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Not proof read again. Pls excuse my laziness, its severe (stadium 7 laziness)

--------------

On Tuesday morning, Kyungsoo got a text from Baekhyun saying the school was on impromptu holiday for the day because the teachers somehow got emergency meeting. Considering it was Baekhyun, it was highly possible that he was merely scamming. Kyungsoo didnt want to end up like fool, so he ignored Baekhyun, which he assumed anybody who knew Baekhyun would probably do. But then he received another text from the boy, containing screenshots of message from Jinhwan and another from Hoseok, both their classmates.

"Because I know you wouldn't believe me even though I'm preplexed because I'm such an angel." was written under the attachments, which Kyungsoo replied with pleasure,

"Uh, Do you recall an angel being a total ?
.
.
.
I thought so."

Kyungsoo wanted to officially declare, Baekhyun-roasting was his new hobby, and so far his favourite.

Later that morning he got a text from Jongin, regarding their meeting confirmation and he also mentioned the so called free day. So it was safe for Kyungsoo to say that, indeed it was holiday. For real. Not a scam. Not Baekhyun's scam especially.

So at half to ten that day, Kyungsoo found himself in front of the double mirror on his wardrobe. Wearing a black t-shirt with cream coloured collar and a pair of black jeans. With his dark grey Converse in mind, and his natural floppy onyx hair, Kyungsoo was pretty sure he was gonna pass as the cemetery magazine's cover boy for this month's issue, "Freshly Grounded" ("HA!"), (Although Kyungsoo got to say he anticipated the next month's issue the most, which was "Calling My Pun Lame Is A GRAVE Mistake"). He just couldnt bring himself to dress with any other colour other then well- black. His eyes couldnt take seeing such variety of spectrum on his reflection.

Sighing on his reflection, he tried to tousled his hair for the last time only for it to flopped right down.

Whatever.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and took his phone, walking downstairs towards the door, yelling a "Mom, I'm going out!"

He opened the shoe-rack and was going to grab his usual pair of Converse, when-

"Honey, I forget to tell you I wash your Converse!" his mom's head popped out from the living room

Kyungsoo groaned, hands went limp on his side from exasperation. "Whyyyyyy????? It wasnt even dirty!" he yelled to his mom.

"Wasnt dirty? Are you Joking? It's starting to get all dark and murky from all those stains you've stepped on!" his mom yelled back.

"Mommmmmmm!" Kyungsoo whined. "I've told you countless times already, it is supposed to be dark. It's dark when I bought it, so it's dark then and it's dark now! It's not suppose to magically change, nor does it mean for you to bleach it!!" He explained with strain and weariness visible in his voice.

"Now what am I going to wear.." Kyungsoo sat on the floor, hands on his side.

"Whatever, Kyungsoo. You know I never once agreed on you buying that-- goth shoes," his mom spited. "And it's not your only shoes anyway" his mom walking towards him, ignoring Kyungsoo's remark of "yes it is". "Go use your other shoes. The one your aunt gave you." His mom put her hand on her hips, leaving no room for argument.

---------------

That explained why he was waiting in the ice cream parlor with a total dark attire. Paired with a bright pink
sneakers. He didnt have trouble when his aunt was a fashion designer, who claimed he was too emo for his own good, and decided to give a pink-- ("It's fashion fuschia, darling. Notice the difference.") --pair of Vans. Now here's the problem. He was okay when that-- piece of junk-- was just sitting quietly in his shoe-rack out from his sight, when he didnt have to actually put them on.

Now, of course his mom acted like it wasnt her fault that he had to wear this. And he also blamed himself to not have any other shoes other than the two.

Walking around the town with this shoes, he never wanted his legs off so bad. It was like if he attached a mouth on his legs, it was going holler, "Chop it off!! Chop it. OFF!!!!" on every step he took. If his shoes didnt give him off to people as somehow girly, he didnt know what else.

Kyungsoo felt like his pride had been ran by a train, then picked up, only to be tossed into a pile of crap. Nope. It wasnt dramatic, as a boy as anti-gay as Kyungsoo, definitely not too dramatic.

-------------------

When the bell tinkled, signing a customer entering the store, Kyungsoo lifted his head up from the table.

Jongin was wearing a simple graphic sleeveless top and a khaki pants since it was kinda hot outside.

Kyungsoo thought he must have been born with a climate shield with all these blacks he was wearing, without sweating a slightest bit.

Jongin spotted Kyungsoo and approached him with a grin on.

"Have you been waiting for long?" The tanned boy asked after he sat across Kyungsoo.

"Nah, just got here, too. Probably 10 or 15 minutes ago." Kyungsoo replied.

Jongin let out an understanding sound and slide the menu over, eyes treading left to right along the letters.

"It seems delicious. Oh! Have you ordered yet?" He looked up to Kyungsoo

"I havent, not feeling like having an ice cream today" Kyungsoo pouted slightly. He usually went crazy with his order whenever he stopped by, he just felt out of it today for no reason. (Probably because the offending pink  article under the desk).

Kyungsoo shuffled uneasily in remembrance.

He really really hoped Jongin didnt look under the table, and he was praying to God-- any God really-- to not let any of Jongin's belonging fell down under, which most likely going to cause the boy to bend down. There was just a thing that bothered Kyungsoo so much about Jongin finding out about his shoes, more than he did on other people who blantantly saw them on the way to the ice cream parlor. It was almost like, he was afraid Jongin's going to have a bad impression on him.

But, Jongin's a friend who went to the same school as he was so that's probably it, right?

Right.

"......-and..Hyung, what do you want?" the boy across him snapped him out of his trance

He didnt realize Jongin had call the waiter and made his order. With two pair of eyes looking at him, he cleared his throat,

"One Raffinato, please."

When the waiter left Jongin looked at him amusedly.

"What." He deadpanned at the later.

"I thought you said you werent feeling like having an ice cream today?"

He did?

Oh. He did.

"Uh." Kyungsoo struggled finding an answer he didnt know himself, "Just feeling spontaneous out of the sudden. I'm pretty weird today, so yeah." he finished with a lame hand gesture.

"Yeah, you totally do. Whats up with all the blacks, you need to laid back on the inner emo, it's like 40 degrees out there!" Jongin exclaimed, pointing outside the window

Kyungsoo just glanced outside, "I dont think I'm affected" then he inspected his hands on the table and said with all seriousness, "I dont think I can produce sweat."

He looked up when he heard Jongin guffawed aloud, slapping the table aloud. Luckily the store's pretty empty, save for the staffs who looked at them weirdly.

"What are you? A fish?" Jongin said, still laughing, "oh my God," he wheezed, "I did not expect you to be dorky like this, Hyung."

"But I wasnt joking." Kyungsoo muttered, still looking at Jongin like he grew another eyes, face dead serious

Jongin laughed even harder, wiping the back of his hand on the corner of his eye. Kyungsoo pouted subconciously, looking down, cheeks tinted pink, feeling kinda embarassed with Jongin's reaction

He didnt realize Jongin stopped laughing and just stared at him, with an unreadable expression but visible fondness in his eyes.

"Cute." He muttered under his breath which went unnoticed by the still grudging Kyungsoo.

------------------

When their ice creams arrived not long after, both males had gone a little bit over on discussing the materials, Jongin with his phone in hand, occasionally googling the materials and Kyungsoo with some colourful post-its, writing the dictated words by the former in his neat cursive handwriting.

45 minutes later, with ice cream half-gone half-melting (Kyungsoo) and nothing left but crumbs (Jongin), they finished the written materials for the information tags they were going to place on the maquette.

"Hey, want to walk around a bit? My 's kinda feel sore and we're done here anyway, right?" Jongin offered the other

"Yea, sure. I could use some stretching, too."

Jongin stood up first, stretching his hands above his head, grunting aloud along his vertebral bones cracking and popping. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at the gesture but chuckled anyway.

Kyungsoo was halfway on standing up when his eyes caught bright flashing pink hurting his cornea, and then he immediately planted his back down on the chair, feet tucked as far as he could from Jongin. His body felt hot as blood rushed to his face. Kyungsoo hoped Jongin didnt see his crossing finger behind his back, praying for Jongin to not notice.

He swore he should have prayed harder.

"Were you wearing pink shoes?"

By that time, Kyungsoo's face were solid crimson, he refused to look to Jongin. Glaring miles and miles of hole in the table.

He expected Jongin to snorted or laughed like he did before. He didnt.

He saw a movement on his peripheral view, when he looked to his side, he saw tufts of chestnut brown hair, the owner in a squatting position.

"Hey! It's the Vans I've been looking for everywhere!! How did you get it?!" Jongin looked up at him with a face full of excitement

Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows in confusion

"You....were looking for pink shoes??" he asked, baffled. "It's.......gay......." he trailed off subconciously

Jongin gave a small laugh, voice strained, "Yeah, I know it's a girly colour, but I dont really see it that way, you know" the male uttered. "I dont think it's right, just because someone like a certain colour then people just-" Jongin paused, looking for the right word, "-label them. Like girly, or sissy....Or gay. I mean it's a different case with you, on your gothic sense in the mid of summer" Jongin gestured to his shirt, chuckling a bit. "But colour is colour. It's just a non living aspect, even not entirely an object, it's just colour for pete's sake," Jongin chuckled half-heartedly. "It doesnt matter even if you wear all pink, it does not suppose to make you any less manly in a way you view yourself, sans everyone else. But hey, you dont live to their expectation you live to yours, and you dont live in a way to appease their judgment. You live in a way you feel right, a way that you made your own, for yourself. That's-" he halted, looking at Kyungsoo straight in the eyes, "-I think that's wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter