Chapter 8: The engagement party

LET ME HAVE YOUR HEART
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

Sunggyu looked so handsome with his black tuxedo. He kept smiling cutely at everyone who continuously congratulated him for being engaged.

"Sunggyu hyung,you look so outstanding tonight! I'm so jealous.."Sungjong looked at him with amazement.

"Yeah..he's so lucky to have Yoomi as his fiance.."Sungyeol added.

"Look at hyung,he can't stop smiling since this morning..Are you that happy to be engaged with Yoomi?"Woohyun narrowed his eyes.

"I did not! I'm just happy because I look so handsome tonight.."Sunggyu said with his blushed face.

"Sunggyu hyung,whatever the reason is,I'm so happy for you.."Dongwoo patted his shoulder.

"Looks like someone will control him after this..too bad he can't say anything about it.."Hoya dissed him. Everybody laughed at him.

"Yah,cut it out will you?"Sunggyu frowned.

"Guys,stop it..save it for later..Hyung,I'm glad that you are happy..please take care of Yoomi very well,okay? She's our dearest cousin.."Myungsoo beamed at him.

Jaejoong entered Yoomi's waiting room to see her. She looked really beautiful with her cream white lace long dress. She wore a flower headband on her head and she carried a bouquet of white roses.

"You are so beautiful,Yoomi-ah.."Jaejoong smiled at her. He felt sad that he was not the one that Yoomi will be engaged for tonight. He felt jealous with Sunggyu again.

"Thank you,Jaejoong oppa..I'm so nervous to meet everyone in the hall.."she said nervously.

"Don't worry..just relax and smile all the time..I'll be watching you from afar,okay? Come,lets go..everyone is waiting for you now.."he took her hand and walked slowly to the hall.

Sunggyu looked at her in astonishment.
For him,Yoomi was the perfect girl for him. He approached her and took her hand from Jaejoong and said,"I'll take her from here,Jaejoong hyung..".

Jaejoong looked at them with sadness. He knew he had to endure himself and watched them smiled happily at each other. "It's okay,Jaejoong. Yoomi will come to you later..Just be patience.."he said to himself.

Sunggyu kept looking at her. He can't take his eyes off of her.
"Yah,why do you look so pretty tonight? Do you get dress beautifully just to show to me?"he asked her.

"Why do I need to look pretty in front of you? I'm already pretty,okay?"she chuckled. Everyone was focusing on them. They looked suitable to each other. Then, Sunggyu put a diamond white gold ring on her ring finger. Both of them can't stop smiling at each other. The reporters continuously took their pictures and asked them a bunch of questions.

"How do you two feel after being engaged to each other?"

"We are very happy.."

"Do you have a date for your marriage ceremony?"

"Not yet. We just leave that to our parents to decide about that.."

"What do you like most about her?". Sunggyu then gazed at her with love and answered,"Because she's Ha Yoomi. I like everything about her.".
Yoomi looked touched. She felt that he was telling the truth about how he felt about her.

"Yoomi agasshi,what do you like about young master Sunggyu?".

"He's the first guy who managed to change my bitter memories to happy memories. He made me realized that everything will turn to a happy memory if we treat it like one..He made me want to create more happy memories with everyone around me.."she beamed at the reporters while holding Sunggyu's hand.

Jaejoong felt his heart dropped as he heard her speech. "No,Yoomi. You are starting to fall for him..Please! Stop yourself before I do it for you!"he screamed in himself.

Sunggyu's parents and Jaemin introduced them to the guests and chatted a bit. After a while, Sunggyu and Yoomi excused themselves to rest. Their parents continued to chat with their respective business partners along with Jaejoong.
They sat on the chairs with exhausted faces.
"Ah,my legs..how many people do we have to meet after this? I can't take it anymore.."Sunggyu whined cutely at her.

"You are not very athletic,are you? We were just standing for just two hours.."her eyes rolled at him.

"TWO HOURS?! My legs are getting cramped if I keep standing like that again.."his eyes were widened.

"Suit yourself. I'm going to the ladies room right now.."she walked away from him.

"Yah,don't be too long. I'm too handsome to be left alone here!"he said with a loud voice. Yoomi turned her head to him and replied cutely,"Don't worry, they won't disturb an old man like yourself..".

Sunggyu frowned as he heard her. "Old man? I'm the same age with her. Haisyhhhh...this girl.."

Yoomi smiled as she walked into the ladies room. Sunggyu always made her felt amused at his cute personality. As for Sunggyu, he can't wait anymore. Yoomi was taking too long in the ladies room. He waited not far from the ladies room. He leaned against the wall while crossing his arms. Yoomi went out and noticed him outside.

"Yah,are you stalking me??"she asked in disbelief.
"No,I'm not! I want to take fresh air outside of the hall.."his face turned red.
"In front of the ladies room?"she asked sarcastically.

Just as she was about to walk towards him, a middle aged man walked next to her. The moment that man took his phone and talked to someone in the phone,she froze.

"Yes,President. I'll manage that matter right now.."the man quickly hung up the phone and hurriedly left the place.

Sunggyu noticed her expression and asked in concern,"Yoomi-ah,what's wrong?"

"Sunggyu-ah..that voice..I recognized that voice.."she said with trembled voice. Without hesitation, she then ran to chase the man.

"Yoomi-ah! Wait! Where are you going?"he followed her worriedly. They abandoned their own event without letting anyone knows of their whereabouts.

Yoomi quickly took a few steps closer to stay on his tail. She was getting closer to him. Sunggyu panted as he followed her. They were far away from a few blocks of the hotel.

Then, the man stopped in front of a huge building. He entered the building by using the back entrance. The security guards were not aware of that man. Yoomi watched him cautiously as she scanned the building.

"Yoomi-ah..lets get out from here. It's too dangerous!"Sunggyu whispered to her. However,Yoomi just ignored him and entered the building without thinking much. She took the same path as that that man went into the building. Luckily, the security guards were not alert of their presence. Sunggyu was totally clueless about what happened as he followed her.

The man took the elevator and they waited until they found out which floor he went. Then, they pressed the button to 17th floor.

"I have a trauma taking an elevator,Yoomi-ah.."he said to her.

"I need to see his face,Sunggyu-ah..that's all..then,we can go back.."she replied back as she held his hand tightly.  She knew Sunggyu felt uneasy about this. She felt it too, however she needed to know that man's face. They got out quietly from the elevator and walked slowly along the corridor.

"Where did he go?"she whispered to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter