Chapter three: My little hamster, Yoon DooJoon.

My hamster prince, Yoon DooJoon.

 

After mopping the whole floor, I lay down on my bed and fatigue. “I can’t move anymore,” I complained. Then, “sorry for interrupting. But, I am a little hungry now…” DooJoon said ruefully. I got up and sat in front of him, “What do hamster eat? I am sorry too because I never have a pet hamster before.” I apologised. DooJoon laughed, “A little nuts or fruits should be fine.” He said and I went down the kitchen.

I opened the fridge and scanned the whole container. “I guess I should buy more food for him tomorrow while on the way back home.” I thought and took the last apple. I cut them into smaller pieces and brought it up to my room.

“Here you go.” I handed him one and he munched down. “You must be famished.” I pointed out and he continues. “I should have fed you before I start cleaning up the whole hallway just now.” I forced out of a smile. “I am very grateful that you saved me from the alley just now.” He bowed. “Little hamster is so adorable.” I thought.

After cleaning up the dishes, “It’s late now. Let's go to sleep now.” I said and he is already in his little plastic house. Carrying the cage, I hide it at the side of my bed which is a blind spot. “Sorry, I have to put you here in case Mum came in without knocking the door,” I whisper and he nodded as a form of understanding. “Goodnight, DooJoon,” I smiled and he too.

In the morning, I woke up and glanced down at the cage. DooJoon, on the other hand, is still asleep soundly. “I should come home early since there isn’t any work for me to go today. Otherwise, DooJoon will be hungry.” I thought in worried and went to school. In school, I can’t concentrate at all as I am thinking about that little creatures.

The last bell rings and I stood up immediately. I started packing my books and pencil case ready to run out of the classroom anytime. Suddenly, someone tapped my shoulder and I jumped in shocked. “Hi, sorry for scaring you. I thought if you want to join us for lunch.” Taemin rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. “Of course, I will if I have nothing to do now. But, DooJoon is waiting for me.” I recalled my tasks.

I took a step back from him, “sorry.” I said ruefully. “I mean Hi too. I will love to have lunch with you. But, I have an important mission to do and I have to complete it. This is a life matter and maybe let’s eat together the next time.” I blabbered and dashed out of the room leaving Taemin behind dumbfounded. “I must be like an idiot in front of him.” I thought in embarrassment.

I went to the nearest supermarket and bought some fruits such as apples and oranges. Also, sunflowers seeds. Afterwards, I walked passed a pet shop and I saw a new house for the hamster with a blue floor and a little circle window. At that moment, I remembered the broken house DooJoon is sleeping in. “I guess I should have bought for him too.”

Back in my room, “DooJoon?” I called. “Are you still inside the cage?” I whisper and poked the metal bar. My eyes widen in surprise, I opened the door and took him out of it. DooJoon did not respond and he laid on my hand without moving. “DooJoon!” I raised my voice and shake my hand hoping that his tiny tail wriggles. But, it didn’t.

I got teary, “DooJoon…” My voice trembles. “I am sorry that I shouldn’t delay and talk to Taemin-si…” I sobbed. All out of a sudden, “Why are you crying?” His weak voice squired. “I do not die yet, I am just sleeping. I slept for the whole day.” DooJoon yawned. “I haven’t had a good and peaceful sleep this time as I am afraid that the cats living in the alley will kill me.” He confessed uneasily.

I put DooJoon on my blanket, “I am just relieved that you are not finished.” I muttered feeling much better than before. “What did you just mumble to yourself?” He questioned and I shook my head. “Here’s some sunflower seeds I brought from the supermarket just now. Don’t drop on my bed alright?” I remind him and place those seeds in small boxes I found in my drawer.

“I going to get some plain water for you,” I said and went out of the bedroom. I climbed down the stairs and filled up the equipment I bought from the pet shop with water. “Drink well, DooJoon,” I smile.

I attached the pipe to his cage, “What are you doing?” He questions in curiosity. I laughed awkwardly, “I brought some gifts for you just now from the pet shop. A new house for you and some tools as well.” I said feeling shy and DooJoon is very touched by my actions.

“Aren't you scared of me?” He asks and I shook my head. “Tell me why you saved me and I will tell you my story.” He offers and I am stunned.

----------

Please do enjoy this story and hi! I am back! :D