LUCKY

The Last Choice

The hot sunrays touching Yonghwa’s face wakes him up. The moment he opened his eyes and realized where he is, he got shocked and startled. “What am I doing here? Why did I sleep out?” he mumbles to himself. “Ahh the witch, the witch yeah! Good job. Well it’s time to go home. I’m pretty sure the minion got tired now.” He stood up and stretched his body, look left and right then decided to walk home. Just before he leaves something sparkling caught his attention. A bracelet shining as the sun tosses the rays to it. He picks it up; it is a rather simple silver bracelet with a name engraved to it. “JooHyun?..” Yonghwa reads, and then he remembered that girl last night, the one with the angelic voice but sullen face, the girl who has the voice that connects to his soul and shares the same feelings with him. “Maybe it’s hers..... or maybe not. Oh well in case it’s hers I will not able to return it since I really don’t know who she is. I think it’s better if I leave it here, maybe she’ll remember.”

 Yonghwa decided to head home but still kinda bothered about the bracelet. The thought of leaving it there, the thought that someone else might get the bracelet and she’ll never find it, the thought that maybe that bracelet is not just an accessory but an important thing to her and in case it gets lost she’ll even feel worse. A slight feeling of guilt hits him and he is trying to dismiss it. “Why would I care? I don’t even know her.” As he goes farther the feeling of guilt gets more and more intense. He keeps recalling the voice of the girl, the sadness drew in her face and the bracelet that he left. He ran back to the park without knowing the reason why but he’s heart is beating fast and the only thing he knows is that he feels good now  though there’s this confusion in his mind.

“Yah! JooHyun-ah Thank God you’re still there” says Yonghwa catching his breath. He picks it up and safely placed it to his pocket. “If we’ll meet again then you’re lucky.” He walks back home with a smile not only in his face but also in his heart.

“Ahhhhh.. Another day, another chance, it’s time to wake them up.” Seohyun usually is the earliest bird in the house so it’s her task to wake up her unnies. She wakes Hyoyeon up first since they are roommates then Tiffany and Taeyeon. Taeyeon as the eldest is the one in charge with the breakfast and other meals while the three is in charge of tidying up the house. After doing her work and eating breakfast SeoHyun decided to take a bath first. As she opened the bathroom door she noticed that her bracelet is not in her wrist anymore, “oh, my bracelet, maybe it’s in my room” says SeoHyun. After taking a bath and putting on some clothes for another audition she searched for her bracelet. “Otteokhae, it’s not here. Ahh jincha where did I put that?” SeoHyun, worried now, searched all over the house for her bracelet. Unfortunately she found nothing.

SeoHyun had that bracelet since high school a very special friend gave it to her before going abroad. That accessory is important to her because aside from her mother, that person who gave the bracelet also gives her strength. The bracelet is like a promise that someday her closest friend will come back and together they’ll make their dreams come true.

The girls proceed to their auditions. They rehearsed for a bit because they are up next. They are called and their performance started but SeoHyun is still preoccupied because of her lost bracelet. “Will our friendship end if my bracelet got lost. No... that shouldn’t be lost. I won’t let that thing be lost, certainly not. ” Though she’s bothered and preoccupied, SeoHyun together with her 3 sisters put up an excellent audition and this time they receive a schedule for a call back.

“Waaahhhh! Daebak! This is a first, we are getting closer now!” Hyoyeon said happily.

“Right. So from now on let’s practice hard to get through.” Tiffany followed.

“SeoHyun-ah gwaenchana? Are you not happy for the call back?” asked TaeYeon.

“Ahh, I’m more than happy Unni, it’s just that I lost something important.”

“What is it?”

“My bracelet, the one that I always wear.”

“Do you remember where you lost it?”

“I really can’t recall Unni. I’ve searched for it earlier in the house but I can’t find it. Unni otteokhae? I can’t afford to lose it. ”

“Okay. Calm down just try to recall where you’ve been yesterday. We’ll help you find it.”

“Arasso. Kamsahamnida Unni.”

“By the way you’re seriously good in our performance earlier.”

“We are all good Unni, no, we are actually better than the best because we put all our efforts and our hearts this time that’s why we are scheduled for a call back.”

The four, very excited and happy decided t go home and celebrate but as they are on their way SeoHyun suddenly remembered where she went last night. “TaeYeon, Tiffany, Hyoyeon uunie, I need to go somewhere!” says SeoHyun anxious. “W-wait SeoHyun ah where are you up to?” asks HyoYeon screaming. “Don’t be late for our celebration SeoHyun ah!” Tiffany followed. “Be careful on your way maknae,don’t rush too much!” TaeYeon cautioned. “Ahh jincha that girl is really something.” Tiffany complained. “Don’t fret too much Tiffany ssi, she’s up to something important. I’m sure she’ll get home on time.” says TaeYeon.

SeoHyun rushed to the park where she believed she lost her bracelet. “I have a strong feeling I’ve lost it somewhere there. Seo Joo Hyun how can you be that careless?!” She searched in every corner of the park but she sees nothing. She went back to the bench she sat last night and searched there as well. “Uh, I’m going crazy!” SeoHyun complained because she can’t find her bracelet.

A very tired SeoHyun decided to go back home still pre-occupied of the lost bracelet. She gets her phone to check the time, Tiffany actually called several times but she didn’t even notice it, she decided to call back. “Unni, jeosonghaeyo I’m on my way home now.” “Where did you go we are very worried you didn’t even tell us where you’re going.” “Jeongmal jeosong..................................” SeoHyun didn’t realize that she’s already walking in the middle of the road and a car is nearly approaching her. Everything seems to move slowly to her but she can’t even lift her feet up. “Otteokhae?! I haven’t found my bracelet yet.” SeoHyun whispered to herself. Everything happened in a blink of an eye and SeoHyun didn’t even know how or why she’s still alive.

After a good talk with his brothers about what happened the last day The Stupids decided to shake off the stress by practicing. They have agreed not to move out because the place where they’re staying is a good find. The rent is affordable, the place is peaceful and it is near where they’re holding their gigs. “Seriously, if that thing ever happened again I will rather tell the witch to back off than sleep in the grass.” Says YongHwa. “Hyung what happened to you is daebakk. Hahahahah. I can’t believe you’ll do that.” JungShin teased. “Hyung I think it’s not new to you since we also found you in the streets back then” Minhyuk added. YongHwa hit JungShin and MinHyuk’s head at the same time. “Yah! You two better SHUT UP!” “Ahhhhh! I’m hungry let’s eat before we go home.” JongHyun complained. They went to a nearby noodle house and ate like there’s no tomorrow. “You guys go home first, I’ll just get my guitar from the repair shop.” says YongHwa. “Arraso hyung” the three responded. “Ohh, I need to rush at the store now before it closes.”

“Kamsahamnida Ahjussi!” says YongHwa as he gets his guitar from a repair shop near the park. “Oh right, maybe she’ll be there again searching for the bracelet, I think I need to go check.” He goes to the place where she found the bracelet but the owner is not there. “Naahh, not here maybe tomorrow.”   

YongHwa is heading home and he’s waiting for the traffic light to turn red so he can cross the street. To his surprise a girl walking so fast fearlessly crosses the street. He tries to get her attention but the girl seems to notice the situation. The girl is freezes like an ice in the middle of the road and a car is approaching her. The driver is honking like crazy but the girl’s feet are still glued on the ground. YongHwa dropped his guitar and didn’t hesitate to run towards the girl. He takes her arms and pulls her back. They both stumble down. The girl can’t believe what happened herself, it is written all over her face. She can’t even utter a word! YongHwa also in shock is about to ask if she’s okay but his surprise became even greater when he realized that the girl she just saved is........ “Joo Hyun ssi?!”