At First Sight

The Last Choice

YONGHWA AND "THE STUPIDS"

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Hyung, hyung, hyungnim, wake up ppalli!” “Hyung she found us again, you need to wake up now, please!” “She’s coming up now, hyung, you seriously need to get up there and go hide somewhere.” Loud voices of his three brothers with some shaking woke Yonghwa to his senses. He’s in a deep sleep with a very nice dream buut unfortunately a morning nightmare took place. “Yaaa~ when did she found out? How did she found out?” asks Yonghwa, irritated. “Ahhh jeongmal where will hide now? Why did she come so early? ” He freaks out. “Hyung, I know a way on how to get you out here!” sneaky Jungshin said as he points out to the window.  “We need to go back to the basics, just like what you always do before. That’s the only resolve for now.” “You should go now hyung or else the future of our band will be DEAD!” Jonghyun threatened. “We are not going mainstream and yet our band will be dead? Ahh that’s unfortunate” says Minhyuk desperately. Yonghwa don’t have musch options now so he decided to sneak out through the window. From the 3rd floor of the building where their home is located, he will try his best to go down. An impatient buzz from the door freaks the boys out.” “Spiderman, go now! FIGHTING!” they teased with smirk. Yonghwa went out and Jonghyun nervouusly leads the other two to the front door, “Now let’s go deal with her.” They managed to greet her properly but Yong’s mom gave them a y look in exchange then asked for Yonghwa.

Yonghwa, fresh from the bed go straight to the nearest restaurant to get some breakfast. Good Thing Jungshin didn’t forget to throw him some decent clothes and his purse. “Ahhh, otteokhae? She always finds me.” says Yonghwa desperately. “Sometimes I doubt if she really is my mom because she treats me like a criminal that she’ll imprisoned when got caught. She’s crazy!” Yonghwa choose a meal from the menu while still being bothered by the chaos that his mother can do in their place. He is also worrying about his dongsaengs, if they can handle the situation properly. “What story will they make up now?” he asks himself. “Will she believe them? Obseo, I know she will not, so what’s the point of me getting out, she’ll never believe us anyway? Ahhhh, jincha! Baboya! Right, as our band name suggest we are a band of stupid boys.” His food is served and as he is about to dig into his food a text message saying “Hyung we did it! We send her away already! She’s gone now, but we are sorry to say that you need to stay out until tomorrow. You know your mother very well, she don’t give up easily.” Today is one of those days that the odds are not in Yonghwa’s favour.

Yonghwa lived with Jonghyun, Minhyuk and Jungshin for 3 years and within those years they became an established independent band popularly known as The Stupids. They are not going main stream but they have a fair share of fame around Seoul. They are popular in clubs and hubs where they usually hold their gigs. Jonghyun, Minhyuk and Jungshin were originally a trio not until they met Jung Yonghwa.

The first time they saw Yonghwa he is playing his guitar in a park and singing to have some money. That day Yonghwa looked very odd that Jungshin and Minhyuk doubted if they will let him in the group. “Hyung are you sure?” asks Minhyuk. “I think he’s crazy, he looks weird?” Jungshin added. “YAHH! You two don’t judge him with his looks. He has mad talent in vocals and besides we badly need another member, I can’t do the singing and the lead forever.” Jonghyun shots back. The two didn’t bother to argue anymore because Jonghyun made his point very clear. They decided to approach Yonghwa and asked if he is playing with other bands already. Yong said no and the three eventully invited him in their band.  Without any second thought Yonghwa agreed upon their invitation since he has nowhere to go and since his original plan is to form a band. The trio together with Yonghwa headed home. “Yonghwa-ssi welcome to our home. I hope you can make yourself comfortable living with us.”says Joghyun politely. Yonghwa didn’t complain at all with this house that looks more like a room and then Jungshin popped a question.

“Yonghwa-ssi may I ask something?”

“Go on”

“Uhm, why are you wearing that kind of clothes? No offense meant but you are kind of weird. You look rich and nice but you sing in the park for money. ”

“Well, today is my graduation day and I left home right after the ceremony.”

The three speechless and shocked were in a daze. “You’ll not ask why did I left home?” Yonghwa breaks in. “May we know?” asked Minhyuk. “Well because my mom is a monster and I can’t stand her anymore, not even a single second.”

It turns out that Yonghwa did come from a well off family with a very manipulative monster mom. He just finished his MBA but didn’t want to do the things that his mother wishes him to do. He finally thought that this day everything will end. Since he’s a young boy it seems like he’s a robot receiving orders from his mom but not today.

Since the day Jonghyun and company found Yonghwa they have managed to live quite well. For some time they do par time work for the day and then do the gigs by night. Yonghwa is the eldest among them so he became a new leader in their new group called “The Stupids.” They stay and lived like that for three years with Yonghwa’s mom creating chaos every now and then.

Now that she found them again, he wondered if they need to move out somewhere far again so she can’t hover at his things again. Yonghwa spent his day out, have his lunch out and slept out. As the twilight approached he’s mind is becoming more relaxed, he then decided to have dinner but he realized that he didn’t have enough money anymore. He went to a grocery store to buy food that he can afford, he decided to eat a muffin and buy his favourite drink, and he thought that it will make him feel full. Today really isn’t his lucky day at all, after sneaking out and starving to death, the last piece of the drink that he badly wanted was shoved by a girl with a sullen face. Yonghwa went out frustrated again, he can’t still go home, his mom’s minion might be there waiting for him to show up. He walked into a nearby park and found some place to sleep, still bothered with hard feelings. He wanted this night to go by really fast s he can go home and settle the mess that happened today with his brothers. Finally he sat on the grass resting his upper body at the back part of the bench and his lower body on the ground. He prefers to rest this way instead of lying on a bench. Time passed by and slowly he fell asleep but just when he gets deep in his sleep he heard a voice, a very soft and calm voice with a tone giving a slight admiration in his heart. Though the voice was so pretty and angelic the sadness in the song is evident. Yonghwa enjoyed the girl’s singing it’s like the voice is making a connection with his soul as he felt light-hearted listening to her. After she finished her song Yonghwa peeked in to see her face only to find out that the girl who got his drink in the grocery is the same girl singing that sad song. “No wonder your face is so sullen, maybe you’re feeling down too, maybe you feel the same way as me.” says Yonghwa to himself. The made a deep sigh and then stood up. As she leave Yonghwa whispered “Don’t be sad little girl everything will be alright.”