Olives, Honey and One Curious Monster

Rap Mon (Kim Nam Joon) One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soooooooooooo! This is for International ARMYs & Namjoon (RM) fans. Cuz ya'll are my home girls (and boys) XD

A/N This is kinda sorta from Namjoon's perspective but narrated in a third person.

Namjoon never noticed it initially, but once he did, he couldn't stop wondering why the new foreign intern actively avoided his prescence. 

She had come aboard the Bangtan publicity team almost two months ago, he remembered seeing her for the very first time in the monthly team discussions. She was a small, quiet thing standing at the back of the room, feverishly refering to the big pile of papers in her hands. She wasn't strikingly beautiful or anything, but he would be blind not to notice her tan, olive skin tone amongst the pale whites of their co-ordi noonas. Especially when Jungkook, who was sitting beside him, made it a point to nudge Namjoon in the ribs to mention over and over how dusky the new girl's skin looks. But the meeting ended soon after and he had forgotten all about her. 

Untill recently, that is. Three weeks ago Namjoon was in the studio, had been there for a good seven hours. He figured he needed a break and stood upto stretch, his bones creaking from dis-use. He checked his watch, 'Damn', he cursed. It was well past midnight and he made his way out of the studio, heading towards company's tiny cafeteria, figuring he might as well grab a coffee before heading to the dorm.

He was surprised to see someone already there, back facing the door and hunched over a laptop. It was the intern, who didn't seem to hear him enter. On a closer inspection, he realised it was because of her earplugs. He went on his way to make his coffee, deciding against expresso in favour of a capuccino. The machine whirred to life as he leaned against the counter, eyes automatically drifting to the brown haired intern. Inspite of himself, he craned his head a little to see what she was doing that captured her attention so thoroughly. To his surprise, she was watching their Chicago videos, only shifting slightly every few seconds to jot down something on a notebook before focusing her eyes on the video. He couldn't help himself, way too curious now and slowly moved forward till he was behind the girl and leaned over to read her notes.

But before he could catch more than their names and a lot of scratches on the paper, she leaned back to stretch her hands above her head, her fist catching his jaw in a painful hit. 

"Oww... what the fu-", he had almost started cursing before catching himself, his eyes watering at the impact.

"", he heard her mutter as she turns back.

"What are you doing here so late?" he had asked, rubbing his jaw before adding almost as an after thought, "And wow you have a mean punch."

He had expected a smile or a grin, he was famous for making girls laugh with his words, but her face was as blank as a new slate, eyes devoid of emotion- no apology, fear... nothing. Instead he remembered her scooting up the laptop in one hand and her bag in the other and hurry out with a semi-deep bow. He looked after, mildly shocked a her rude exit, till the ding behind him reminded him of his awaiting dose of caffeine.

Namjoon would have forgotton the incident, attributing it to the poor girl's nerves because he did startle her and he was very handsomely intimidating. It would have been weird if she hadn't reacted like that, Namjoon tells himself.

But then, the same thing happens again. This time during one of their photoshoots. The foreign intern was there, tagging along their PD with her electronic tab and dutifully taking notes. Namjoon had only noticed her because the PD had called him over to discuss something and she was behind the PD, typing away to glory. He tried not to be offended when she didn't even glance up once from her tab to acknowledge him, especially after being so rude to him last time at the cafeteria.

He couldn't dwell on it much longer when the director's voice boomed into the microphone calling for positions. Around an hour later, when they were halfway done and positively famished, a break for lunch was called. All the boys stuffed their faces with the meager diet salads except the Jungkook and Taehyung, because those were skinny brats who never put on weight. The said skinny brats started fooling around with the camera, like they normally do and Hoseok joined them in their tom foolery. Namjoon decided to stay away, instead deciding to strike a conversation with the chatting noonas to his side, they always had the best of office gossip anyway. 

He made his way to them and noticed the intern smiling and playfully crinkling her nose at something one of them just said.

"What's so funny?" he winked at the group, before resting his sight on the olive-skinned intern.

She shrugged almost inperceptably before nodding towards Chaerin noona, who wasted no time in repeating the tale of how someone in the accounts department proposed to his girlfriend by spelling 'marry me' with his . Namjoon couldn't help chuckling at the story, but his eyes were again drawn to the intern, to see her reaction. His smile widened just a bit at the amusement that danced in the girl's eyes, till she caught his gaze. Her smile immediately faltered a little, the mirth that had been there mere seconds ago morphing into the blank look she had at the cafeteria. 

"Unnie, I erm, I have to sort something, please excuse me", she mumbled, bowing lightly to Chaerin noona and the rest of them before turning around and walking away. He saw her retreating figure, and couldn't help the frown forming on his face. 

An unwelcome thought suddenly invaded his mind. Was the new girl avoiding him?

It was another quiet day at their office, where they had to sit through the concept meeting of their upcoming album. He listened to his managers and the publicity team explain their theme for their next world tour, already feeling last three nights' lack of sleep getting to him.

He was almost dozing off, when he was startled awake by a kick under the table and a hiss from Yoongi, "Wake up, it's in English."

Namjoon straightened his spine, rubbed his face tiredly and only then did he realise that there was a completely new, slightly huskier female voice talking in rapid english. He whipped his head up to see a pair of honey brown eyes flick around alternating between the projected screen and the ocuppants on the round table, explaining the fan interaction designs.

"Not bad, I think we could probably use most of them", he hears his manager say once the intern finished and the lights were switched on in the board room, "Rapmon, what do you think?"

"Agreed", Namjoon nods his assent. He actually found some pretty interesting ideas in the new intern's presentation, once he got over the shock of actually hearing her speak properly. He looks at Seokjin & Yoongi switching to his tongue, "What do you guys think?"

Seok Jin speaks up first, "Well, most of them are great, especially the one where we interact with fans in their own language... but the idea about writing letters to read out at our concerts in the language of the country... isn't it a bit tough?". He looks around.

Yoongi seems to assess that and adds, "Yea, it won't be our real words if the publicity team writes it, and we are kind of known for our honest everything, no?"

Namjoon couldn't help but agree and turns to the intern to translate but she looks at the head of publicity, Mino hyung, with a "May I?"

Mino gestures something and the girl faces them and started in impeccable Hangul, "That's what I am here for, I will be working together with you guys helping translate your words as closely as possible. Because like Min Yoongi-ssi mentioned, you are known for your raw and honest lyrics, videos, bombs...everything. And I wouldn't dream of changing that because that's great. But if we work together on composition and translation, the outcome could be something your fans would absolutely appreciate you for."

Namjoon's jaw was on the floor by the time the girl finished speaking. He glanced at Jin, who also had a slightly dazed look on his face, while Yoongi and Hoseok had matching smirks on their faces, and then there was the kid line that had stars coming out of their eyes. 

Before he could stop himself, the words were tumbling out of his mouth, "We are talking about atleast 10 to 12 countries, how is that even feasible?"

The intern looks directly at him, locking her gaze with his, but she doesn't answer.

"Well?", Namjoons manager prods.

"That won't be a problem. She is multi ligual, with a knowledge of around nine languages and since English is primary in most countries, we can definitely manage that much", it's Mino hyung who answers the manager, with a hint of pride in his voice, "We have an exceptional team and none of us would suggest an idea without considering all the factors. Even our interns are on a different level." 

"Right. Ofcourse. So I think it's set then. Mino send this to the Boss man and we'll discuss this with him before finalizing, yea?" their manager says with finality, already pushing off from his chair. Taking their cue, everybody starts scrambling out of the room.

Namjoon sees Mino smirk lightly and doesn't miss the subtle upturn of the intern's lips before it's masked by her default poker face. Amused at their team pride, Namjoon grins to himself, picking up his gym bag heading out with the rest of them.

"That was something", he hears Yoongi speak up behind him. Namjoon assumes that it was directed at him and proceeds to acknowledge but her voice responds instead, "Ah. Thanks? If that was meant to be a compliment..? But honestly, it's all Mino sunbae's guidance."

He's almost at the door but hangs back with his back to them, pretending to dig something out of the bag.

"Rubbish", Mino hyung says, "She is a talented kid. Yoongi, you guys haven't met her properly, I assume?"

Namjoon notices the intern bowing to them from the corner of his eyes, "I'm the new intern here, joined three months ago, please take care of me."

Hoseok laughs, "Your hangul is really good, you even introduce yourself in our way."

She simply responds with a, "When in rome..."

"When in rome what?" Namjoon interrupts their chatter, a tease lilting his voice.

She automatically answers, "Be a roman, what else?" But once her eyes land on him, they widen negligibly like she hadn't realised she was answering him. He w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter