Monster Calling (BTS Nam Joon)

Rap Mon (Kim Nam Joon) One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When you find an ancient phone between the cushions of your favourite cafe, which turns out to be a grumpy monster's device who comes back at you with vengence... and a set of very very cute dimples.

"Shoot. I can't find my wallet", I could hear Yoongi yell accross the shop.The cashier at the counter throws him a dirty look. We were at the college campus cafe and a line of students was forming behind him.

I give the cashier an apologetic smile while walking towards Yoongi and hand him my wallet for clearing the bill, "Here, you pay and I'll go back check for it at the table."

He winks and nods at me sheepishly. I make my way back to our table to search for his wallet. I fish in-between the cushions where we were sitting and lo! I feel the wallet but I also sense something else stuck there. I carefully retrieve Yoongi's wallet along with the mysterious object and dump it on the table. It turns out to be a phone.

"Hey, that's a phone!" Yoongi exclaims the obvious as he places the tray with our orders of bubble tea & coffee on the table and plops down opposite to me.

"Thanks for the clarification. I would NEVER have known it was a phone otherwise", I comment drily. He just gives me a scathing look before taking a sip of his bubble tea and hums appreciatively.

I fiddle with the just found phone before turning to him, "I keep telling you that all those tapioca is unhealthy for you. Why don't you just switch to coffee or green tea?"

"I'm korean, Aarya, what do you expect. It's a national taste phenomena for us", he drawls before continuing, "What kind of a loser student uses that phone in 21st century?", he eyes the phone with disbelief till he catches me glaring at him, "I mean, how vintage, just like yours!"

"I know right. Weird!" I continue fiddling with it, mildly surprised that anyone else beside me could have these flip phones that were considered totally unhip and unhappening.

"Watchoo gonna do with that phone, though?" he asks.

I shrug, "Well, its still powered on, so whoever lost it must've have done so recently. It still has a few bars left. But the phone functions are locked."

Just then notice the background and turn it towards him with a grin. He looks at it and looks back at me, confused.

"Um.. It's Elvish! You Shall Not Pass..?" I glance excitedly at his still blank expression, "Dude! Gandalf? No? Lord of the Rings? No? Seriously...?"

He mutters, "Whoever owns this must be a nerd. Like you. Nerd."

I smirk at him as I pocket the phone, "I'm going to keep it for now."

***************

I was vegged out infront of the TV when I heard an unfamiliar ringing. I jumped out of my skin and looked around my studio appartment warily, trying to find its source.

Suddenly it clicked, the phone I've found today!

I ran to my purse and fished out the phone. 'Home' was flashing on the screen. Suddenly I did not know whether to pick it up or ignore it and just hand it over to the campus lost and found department. But my curiosity got better of me.

"Hello", I answered, trying to sound as calm as possible.

"Hi, who is this?" the deepest of voices answered. And he had a slight accent that was definitely not from around here. Asian, perhaps. It sounded a lot like Suga's, deeper though.

I cleared my throat, "Um.."

The voice on the other end snapped, "Excuse me miss, I don't know about you, but I don't have all day, so if you can tell me where you are, I'll come pick my phone up."

That instantly got me fired up, how dare he insinuate I was free and he was busy, as if he's the ing president of the state. 

"Well, how do I know that you are the owner of the phone?" I asked him calmly.

"Excuse me?" the guy shouted on the other end, seemingly angry.

I grinned. This was gonna be more fun than I anticipated.

"Yes?" I answered casually.

"You! You thief, I'll give you 10 seconds to tell me where you are or I'm gonna... I don't know what I'm gonna do!" he wasn't shouting now, but he sounded way more threatning with this low growl. 

"Well, I can't wait to find out then!", I quip and hang up.

My heart was beating a mile per minute and I felt more excited than I'd been in a while. 

 

******************

I was typing out my thesis when the other phone rings.

I can't help but grin as I answer the call in a sing-song voice, "Hell-oooooo there."

"Look lady, I already filed a complaint with the police, so unless you want to go to jail, you better just return my phone. NOW!", he snarls at the other end of the line.

I smirk to myself knowing full well he's bullting. Reporting a stolen or lost object complaint needs more than a week. 

An imp settles on my shoulders as I drawl into the phone, "Ooh there there, kid. We haven't known each other for a whhole two days and you already want me in hand cuffs,eh?"

I hear a sharp inhale of breath before he shouts, again, "Listen you... I don't know what games you are playing here, but I want my ing phone back."

"Hmm... I see. So wait, do you drink a lot of Bubble tea?" I ask back instead of responding directly.

He just says, "Huh? What the heck!?"

"Do. you. drink. a. lot. of. bubble. tea?" I ask again, really slowly.

"What are you- What does that have to do with anything?", he demands, still shouting.

"You shout a lot, you should try to calm down, a little, once in a while. See, it's not good for your health", I try suggesting.

I hear him take a deep sigh before talking again, in a calmer tone, "Ok. Fine. I apologize for my rudeness. So can you, please, return my phone to me?"

"Um... Nope, this is wayy too much fun", I answer cheekily before ending the call.

*************************

"Why do I have to go with you, Sugaaaa!" I whine as I walk with Yoongi and Jill as Yoongi continues to look through for a rental tux. 

"It's an office party, Aarya! And I need a date", he persists.

"Why can't you just go with Jill? Instead of dragging me with you?" I continue whining, "Jill, go with him!"

"I would go with Jill, but she is busy that night. So I'm asking you", he pleads. 

I look at Jill and she shrugs apologetically. 

"Ok! Ok! Fine! I'll go", I concede, "Now both of you just go shop and get this over with."

He flashes me a smile before going off with Jill, hand in hand. They make a cute couple, I think to myself watching them go.

My nostalgia is cut off when THAT phone rings, for the third time. This time I just answer the Grumpy Nerd's call without a second thought.

"Good Afternoon", I say cheerily into the phone, knowing it would infuriate him.

"I give up", he barks into the phone immediately, "I realize that this must be an exciting game in your boring life and you will never likely return my phone to me, so I'm done."

I laugh lightly into the phone, "Are you trying reverse psychology on me, kid? Cuz that's just hilarious."

"Is this funny to you? Stealing others' stuff and wasting their money and time?" he growls.

"That's rich. Did you ever think of cancelling the service?", I snap, "The number of times you call me, instead of just cutting off your service makes me really wonder if you want to continue talking to me."

"Psycho", his voice is now a growl.

"Well, I'm sure as hell not giving the phone back after you call me names", I say, "Moreover it's nice and antique-y and it makes you adorably angry that I have it. So Imma keep it."

"Do whatever the , I'm finished with this", he snaps, "You can keep the blody phone."

"Wow. That's surprisingly sweet of you, kid", I say sarcastically, "Thank you!"

 "Your welcome", he replies equally sarcastically, "I'm not gonna bother calling again."

With that he he hangs up first.

And this game dosen't seem so much fun anymore.

*************************

I curse myself for letting Yoongi emotional bully me into inviting him & Jill to dinner one day before that wretched party. It's been a disaster for me so far. I had to cook for them, which I don't appreciate. They even brok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter