It's Murphy's Law, Officer!

Rap Mon (Kim Nam Joon) One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woooohoooo Ya'll.

Deviating from Rap Mon in this chapter again! 

This one is Jeon Jungkook. (And he is slightly older (27 y/o) than the fetus he is in real life)

Because Jungkook in a Uniform does weird things to my sanity...

 

 

Murphy's law states that 'All that can go wrong, will go wrong'.

And as the skies open, drenching my new pant suit completely unfit for what is probably the most important interview of my life, I think Murphy might really be onto something with his law. 

 

I felt a rough shake to my shoulder. Groaning, I try to swat away the insistant hand. The disturbance decides to poke at me instead. 

"Go away!" I grunt. But a loud bang of a hand hitting the surface beside my head does the work.

I wake up with a start, drool matting the back of my hand on which I had been unceremoniously dozing off. It takes me a minute to recollect why I was sitting cross-legged on the floor, resting my head on the wooden table instead of being all snuggled up in my bed. And the realization makes me let out a very unappealing whimper.

"You need to wake up. Now", my roommate & probably my best friend, Jimin, says with one last shove at my shoulder.

"What time is it?", I squeak, panic coursing through me when I see that he was already up and ready for his class.

"8.15", he states.

"", I start flailing at the horrible situation I had woken up to. 

The marketing report for my end of the term paper was due at noon. I glance down at the said term paper, or rather 67 pages of the required 100 page report that is due in approximately 3 hours. I must've fallen asleep in the wee hours of the morning while doing the report. This is what I get for foolishly trying to complete a 6 month report in less than 12 hours.

Before I could jump and get back to finishing my already very-very-delayed paper, Jimin's hand shoots up to grab my shoulders, turning me to face him.  "Why do you have gum stuck in your hair?", he gasped, lifting a strand of said hair gingerly.

"What?" I scream, running to the vanity mirror. It was true, I had bright green gum (that I had co-incidentally been chewing to keep me awake) was stuck in my fringe. 

A choked noise escapes my throat and I turn to my roommate desperately, "Jimin, do something. Help."

He was already opening the vanity closet to take out a pair of scissors making me flinch and back away from him.

Jimin must've noticed the look of pure horror on my face because he coos out in a soothing voice he usually reserved for wounded animals at the Vet center, "Calm down, we just have to cut a few strands. Or we could just try to wash it out? We have five minutes."

Wait... five minutes?

"Five minutes?" I blink up at him, "I don't have anything other than submitting that rep-"

Oh. My blood runs cold at yet another realization. My interview with Sony Entertainment was at nine. In my panic for the term paper, I had conveniently forgotten that the most important interview of my life was scheduled today... precisely in half hour.

"My interview at 9", I whisper horrified, "Oh no no no no, this can't be happening to me. I need to get ready now."

"Ok ok, calm down", Jimin has his one hand firmly placed on my shoulder, "You can't go to an interview with gum in your hair."

I breathe deeply trying to calm down, "Ok, cut it off."

Jimin looks at me uncertainly, "Erm... are you.. sure?"

I squeezed my eyes shut and grit out, "Cut it off before I change my mind." Jimin takes a step away from me and I hear snipping of the scissors. I open my eyes to find Jimin gingerly dumping most of my fringe into the dustbin. I will myself to look into the mirror and can't help another flinch. My fringe that had once perfectly framed my face was now jagged, blunt and short. Fighting a shudder, I tried to focus on the fact that this interview was way more important than my bangs- a fringe will grow back. If I get this job, I'd be able to pay off the ridiculous amounts of money that are my student loans.

"Do you need anything else?" Jimin asks. 

I shake my head weakly, "No, you are already late for the class... go on. I'll manage. Thanks Jimin."

He smiles and gives me a brief side hug before rushing out of the appartment with one last, 'Good luck!'

I glance at the clock, which seems to be mocking me, as its hands indicate 8.20. 

It's okay, you can still make it. The Sony HQ is just 20 minutes away, all you have to do is get ready fast and get to the damn subway. You can do it!

I start moving even as I give myself a peptalk. I splash some water on my face before hastily throwing on the formals that I had set aside the previous night. I run a brush through my hair, tamping down a grimace at the odd way my fringe now sticked out. 

It is 8.25 by the time I fly through the revolving door of my appartment complex. I take hardly two steps towards the subway station when the skies open and it's pouring cats, dogs & donkeys. 

"ity", I mutter, cursing the powers beyond. The rate it was raining now, I would be fully drenched in another two minutes. There was no way I could walk five blocks to the subway station in this rain.

I try hailing a taxi, figuring that it's okay to spend some extra cash on one if it means I can reach my destination in 15 minutes. But just as my rotten luck would have it, not one cab stops. I curse looking down at my wrist watch, it's 8.30 and I give up on finding a taxi, instead opting to sprint towards the station. But apparently channeling my inner Ussain Bolt while wearing 4 inch Jimmy Choo formals is a bad, bad idea; because the next second I am sprawled on the sidewalk... on my face.

A kind passer-by helps me up and her kind smile almost makes me cry on the spot. Not giving myself time to succumb into a pity party of one, I thank her, checking for broken bones or shoes- thankfully finding that there were none except that now I was positively dripping in rain water. 

8.33. .

I start power walking, knowing that I was cutting it way too close. All I now needed is a ing miracle and the train waiting for me at the station, and I can reach the HQ by 8.55. 

Plenty of time. 

I was beginning to get on my own nerves with my forced chipper attitide.

I pumping my fists in the air when I finally reach the station. It's just 8.37 and the red digital lights above my head indicate that my train is due in two minutes. I cheer up immediately at the possibility of actually making to that interview on time, as I take out my wallet to swipe my transit card to enter the platform. 

"Excuse me Miss, could you step away from the transit scanner and step this way please?", a young officer in the local PD uniform indicates towards a table just beside the turnstiles.

You have got to be ing with me.

I wonder vaguely if I had done something horrendous in my past life to warrant such a downward spiral on what is probably one of the most crucial days of my short existence. I bite my tongue to stop myself from screaming a littany of profanities at the officer, figuring that the last thing I needed was an arrest record on top of this wonderful day I've been having.

"Could you open your bag for me?", the Officer says, indicating to the table top.

I look at him in disbelief, "Officer, I'm sorry but I need to get-"

And he has the gall to continue as if I have never spoken, "Ma'am, your bag. I need you to open it."

Scowling at the rude officer, I dump my bag on the table. It lands with a loud thud. The officer starts sifting through my it slowly, taking his own sweet time. I stare holes into his downturned face, tapping my Jimmy Choos impatiently, hoping this man would understand that I had a life or death emergency here.

My heart speeds up painfully as I hear the familiar sound of a train pulling up, and well enough, I see it halt on the platform behind the officer who was still fiddling with my bag. The gates hiss open to allow passengers in and out.

"Seriously man", I snap at him, any logical restraint I had over my mouth slipping away. He slowly looks up, fixing me with a pair inky black irises and I'm momentarily thrown off by the intensity of his gaze. But I manage to pull myself together, nodding at the train, "That is the train I have to be on. Like right now. By keeping me here for a stupid random search, you are ing with what is probably the biggest carrer opportunity of my life." 

"Well that's too bad, because you are not going anywhere till I am done checking your bag", he says, his lips stretching in a lazy smirk. 

 I don't have the time to figure out what finally pushed me over the edge. Maybe it was the smirk, or maybe it was his stupid full red lips wearing that smirk or maybe it's the fact that the train that was supposed to get me to my interview on time had just pulled out of the station. All I know is that the next second I'm screaming at him. 

"Simply because you are a pissed off DOES NOT mean you take take out your miserable job frustrations on civilians who are just trying to ing get somewhere. I've put up with way too much since morning to stand here and let you take out your passive aggression on me. I mean, it was bad enough that I woke up so late with a ing green chewing gum stuck to my hair and my roommate had to chop off a chunk out of it, making me look like George of the ing Jungle. I have a term paper to submit in less than 3 hours and an interview with Sony ing Entertainment in exactly 15 minutes to which I'm already late because the rain decided to pour down today, I couldn't get a ing Taxi and I fell flat on my face in the middle of the ing sidewalk trying to run to this station. And now you lost me my chance on getting on that stupid ing train which was my last shot at getting to that interview. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DEAL WITH YOUR BULL RIGHT NOW, YOU- YOU JERKFACE!", I finish, slamming my palm on the plastic table he was standing behind. 

The officer was now looking at me with his lips slightly parted and I realize belatedly what I'd done. 

"-", I mutter under my breath, regretting my outburst immediately.  Because screaming at an already angry cop and calling him names cannot possibly help my situation right now.

"Jeon, all okay there?", another cop, possibly this one's partner, calls out from a few steps away. He is reaching for his belt with one hand, another one going up to his walkie-talkie. I immediately step back, raising my palms in surrender.

Oh lord. So this was how I was going to get arrested for the first time in my life.

"Don't worry, Jung, I got this one", the officer, who I now figured is called Jeon, answers with humor dancing in his onyx eyes. My recently subsided anger resurfaces at his joyful reaction to my misery and suffering. I briefly consider a stint in jail, just to see that smirk wiped off his face with my fist, but decide against it.

Officer Jung gives a tight nod and takes a few steps back, still tense. I swallow an inappropriate urge to giggle because Officer Jung was looking at me like I was a threat to the society. Remembering my dramatic outburst a few minutes ago, I concede that I could hardly blame him for it.

My attention is snapped back to Officer Jeon, who had resumed going through my bag. He takes out my day planner and idly flips through its pages, deciding to quip, "You know, anger isn't going to get you anywhere in life."

"Says the angry cop who can get anything he wants in a blink of an eye", I spit out, making both Officer Jeon and Jung laugh.

"Not anger, it's the badge and the fact that I can get people to do what I want without violence", Officer Jeon's smirk grows, highlighting a jawline that is sharp enough to cut something, "You should try it out sometime. Maybe then you wouldn't look so suspicious entering a subway station." 

"It's called getting stuck in the rain without an umbrella, smart ", I mutter, mentally face-palming at my incapability of stopping myself from calling him rude names without considering the cosequences.

"You should watch it", Officer Jeon warns taking off his polic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter