Storms, & Readings leading to things...

Rap Mon (Kim Nam Joon) One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gaahhhh... my Namjoon feels are off the charts today. *sobs hysterically* 

 

You run the last few stairs leading to the Kim's tiny book keep, in a rush to avoid the sudden- ok maybe not so sudden- summer storm. 

Ofcourse you knew there would be a storm today, you had even checked the weather report that morning. You mentally cursed yourself for not even carrying an umbrella. Now you were drenched, and cold; two things you hated with passion. With only the thoughts of the relative warmth of the bookstore and a possible hot chocolate cuppa by Taehyung, you fling yourself through the old wooden door into the cozy space. Inhaling your favourite scent of the musk and books deeply, you take off your drenched coat, ready to call out to your junior.

That was untill his voice spoke up, "You."

You immediately freeze as your gaze falls on the tall figure emerging from the door behind the counter. 

Kim Nam Joon.

Sheer, undiluted annoyance for the man coursed through you, followed by confusion, "What are you doing here on a Wednesday night? Isn't it Tae's turn to mind the store?" 

Kim Nam Joon, conveniently ignoring your query, slams the huge book he was reading onto the desk; all while glaring holes into your face. 

Irritated at his usual nonsense, you grit out, "Nam Joon, where's Tae?"

Nam Joon grimaces as if he was being bothered by a pesky fly, but snaps out a response, "My dear brother is out on a date."

"With Jungkook?" you ask, patience already running thin.

"No. With queen of England", Nam Joon throws you a look, "Ofcourse he is on a date with his boyfriend, genius." 

Tamping down the urge to strangle his pretty neck, you try to ask him when Tae would be back. But he continues on meanly, "And he won't be here tonight so kindly, get the out."

Now fully pissed, you growl, "There's a thunder storm outside, ."

"Yea well, there is always the shoe store accross the street", he sneers, "Will suit your air-head better than a book store anyway."

" yourself, Kim Nam Joon", you bite back, making no move to go anywhere. You'd be damned of you leave now because of the loser.

Stubbornly you walk to one of the cupboards to take out a towel to dry yourself. No point ruining your health to annoy this dickhead. From the corner of your eyes, you could see Namjoon's eyes follow your every movement, his hands gripping the cash counter tensely. 

"Who spit in your cereal today?", you mumble, glancing at his unusually stiff demeanour. 

Namjoon scoffs, "News flash. I don't like you."

"Aww that simply broke my heart into a million ing pieces", you let out a derisive snort, "Cuz yunno, I'm truly, madly, deeply in love with you."

He gives you a look of deepest loathing, which you were sure was reflected in your own expression.

"Ofcourse you are", he smirks, "People tend to 'love' people who have what they don't... in your case, it would be brains."

Your knee-jerk reaction is to throw the towel you were using to dry yourself at him. Hard. It lands with a loud smack on his torso, before falling off to the groud.

"What the , you-", he starts screaming but you cut him off, your temper finally hitting the boiling point.

"You listen to me, you little piece of horse , I've ing had just about enough of your dickhead arrogance just because you are in ing robotics and I'm in theatre", you take a step towards the counter threateningly, "I don't say anything because you are Tae's brother, but one more time you show me your ing sass, I will make sure you regret the day you were born... capiche?"

You were on the other side now, only the counter seperating the both of you. You wag a finger warningly at him, just to drive accross the point that he was dead meat if he continues his ridiculous behaviour. Namjoon's stunned expression at your outburst was evident, but he immediately snaps out of it and tries to swat your hand away. He accidentally pushes down the big book he had previously slammed. It falls on your side of the counter.

Reflexively, you bend down to pick up an encyclopedia on whales, only to find something fall from inbetween the pages. You straighten and place the bigger book on the counter before turning your attention to the smaller one. Namjoon makes a wild attempt to snatch the book away but you step back, evading him.

A giggle escapes your throat as you realizes what the book is, "a Kim Nam Joon... Is that what you were doing back there...really?" Now it is your turn to smirk.

"Give it back", he barks. With a little satisfaction you notice that his usual bite is missing.

"Oh no way, my dear!", you says with a flourish, "Let's take a look on what we have here, eh?"

With your best theatre voice projection you start reading Namjoon's Ero.

" 'Dimitri made it to his lush r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter