Thoughts

Odds in Approval // DISCONTINUED


 

4 || Thoughts

 



 

Min Yoongi wasn't exactly what you would call lazy, but you wouldn't call him productive either. He liked to put his heart into things that he actually cared for and wouldn't bat an eyelid for things that he couldn't care less about. Things like basketball would have him participating wholly, but when it came to math or history, he would completely lose it and try to sleep through it. Typical Yoongi. 

 

 

The blonde lay close-eyed on his desk. The classroom was practically empty aside from the few lingering students chattering quietly.  The desk to his left, which belonged to Jimin, was empty and Namjoon was out on the roof with Jin. Hoseok was talking to a bunch of guys about soccer which Yoongi didn't really care much for. There was still about twenty minutes before class started. He lazily decided that it was a reasonable amount of time to keep napping and rested his head on the cool desk, eyes closed shut.

As if on cue at the most annoyingly perfect timing, Jimin materialized in front of him.

"Have you finished your part of the assignment?" the red haired boy chirped, throwing his books on the table. Unlike Yoongi, Jimin was a morning person who loved watching the sun rise. 

"No..." the blond murmured tiredly, earning a frowning pout from Jimin. "This won't do, hyung. The assignment's due tomorrow, you need to get to work," he scolded. The elder turned his head the other way and groaned. "I don't want to," he complained gruffly. Jimin puffed out his cheeks and walked to the other side of the table and crouched so that he could see the elder's face. "Come on, hyung," he whined, "I don't want to get a bad score."

Yoongi pushed the other's face away and growled softly, "Stop..." Jimin pouted and proceeded to poke the blonde's soft cheeks. "Come. On. Min. Yoon. Gi." he chanted with each poke. The said person groaned and turned his head the other way.

The red head returned to his seat and leaned over so that his arm propped up on Yoongi's table. He glanced at the clock. Ten more minutes. "Guess I can bother him later," he sighed, momentarily defeated.

 


 

It was time to go home, and still, Jimin couldn't convince Yoongi to do his part of the assignment. "Yoongi. I swear..." he grumbled. After all the arguing, he was feeling grouchy, but did his best to keep himself from sounding too aggravated.

"I already did my part. This isn't fair," he complained. But Yoongi was walking on the sidewalk a few meters ahead and obviously wasn't listening to him at all. "Yeah, sure, whatever," the elder muttered, "I want to go home and sleep."

"Are you serious?!" Jimin cried in horror, "What about this. I help you, but you do it, alright?" Yoongi brushed the offer away, "No can do, kid." "But it's due tomorr---" Jimin started, but realised that it would be to no success. The younger slumped and began to drag himself on the pavement.

"Meanie," he mumbled, kicking stones and dried leaves that he came across as his eyes bore into the ground, "Stupid. Idiot. ."

"Oi! What'd you say?!" Yoongi scowled. "Oh... nothing, mister idiot," Jimin replied innocently. "That's not something you say to an elder," the blonde teased. "Too bad for you then, hm?" Jimin retorted rudely and stomped past the annoying lump of flesh. "Hey...wait," Yoongi said, but was dismissed with a flick of a hand and the distant sound of shoes quickly tapping on cement. 

His heart tightened as he saw the younger get further and further away from him. Why? He didn't know the answer to that.

"I-I said wait! Jimin!" he called out. Did he really do something that bad? He didn't mean it, he really didn't. It wasn't his fault that he seemed to be a sulky idiot on the outside. He was just really lazy when it came to things he didn't really care about. Especially in this case, since science was never his strongest suit.

"Jimin!" he called again, starting to walk frantically to the red haired younger, but the latter only seemed to be getter more and more out of reach.

After three more unsuccessful and ignored calls for the other to stop or even slow down, Yoongi began to feel stressed. His heart was tight and he didn't enjoy the feeling at all. "JIMIN!" he yelled, running to keep up with the other.

Jimin was just walking away. So why was he so bothered about this? 

"I said slow down," he seethed, swiftly grabbing on and tugging the younger's sleeve. Jimin's eyes widened and he tripped backward a little but managed to stay on his feet. He looked up at the other questionably. "What is it?" he said.

"Come to my house later and bring your stuff," the elder mumbled, his face red, "We're finishing the assignment."

Jimin's lips broke into a bright smile (which made Yoongi's heart feel one hundred times better) and he flicked Yoongi's forehead softly.

"Thanks, hyung."

"Yeah...whatever."

 


 

Jimin had already visited Yoongi's house a few times the last week, so really, it was no big deal. He strolled off his front porch and quickly jumped over to Yoongi's to avoid the persisting heat. He walked through the door which was already open and breathed a sigh of relief when he got out of the swelter. "Mrs. Min, I'm here!" he called out, slipping his shoes off and walking towards the kitchen.

Yoongi's mum was sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee and reading a fashion magazine. "Oh hello Jimin. Yoongi is upstairs in his room. I think he's sleeping," she chuckled, her long, black hair shifting off her shoulder. Jimin slid a box across the table. "My mum made some cakes for you," he smiled, "I recommend you throw it in the bin as soon as possible." Mrs. Min gave a cordial laugh. "I'm sure it'll taste fine. Tell her thank you for me." The younger nodded and climbed up the stairs to Yoongi's room.

"Hey..." he drawled, opening the door to Yoongi's room. He smiled when he saw the blonde haired boy sprawled across the bed. Jimin walked over and blew on the elder's face, causing his hair to fly.

"Hnn..." the other moaned, attempting to swat the unwanted gusts of air away, but Jimin clasped the swaying wrists. "Wakey wakey. How many times have you actually slept this whole day? Five? Fifteen? We'll never know..." he mused, shaking Yoongi's shoulder. "We need to get to work. Come on, come on," he urged.

After five more minutes of encouagement, Yoongi finally sat up groggily, rubbing his eyes sleepily. "So cute," Jimin thought.

"So what's first," Yoongi mumbled, still half asleep. "Go wash your face," Jimin said, feigning disgust. "Mmm fine," the blonde murmured and left for the bathroom.

 


 

"How do you want me to present the last slide?" Yoongi asked and Jimin walked over from behind him. The red haired boy leaned over, his hair butting into the elder's face. "Strawberries," Yoongi thought, "His hair smells like strawberries."

This boy had a nice personality, was smart, is cute and even smelt good. What was next? Seriously, he was a gift from heaven.

"Um...try putting the textbox over there instead since it'll look better," Jimin said, and after recieving a nod from the other, rolled onto the bed.

"The hot weather makes me sleepy," the younger sighed, hugging onto the fluffy pillows of Yoongi's bed. "How do you think I feel everyday," the elder said, rolling his eyes.

 

[ 20 min later ]

 

"Aaaaand ... we're done!" Yoongi yawned, punching the air and walking over to join Jimin on the bed. "Legit so tired right now. Never wanted to do that," he groaned into the pillow. "Mmm thanks for doing it," the red haired smiled. "It was nothing," Yoongi replied, "You can go now, I want to sleep."

He was attempting to make the younger leave so that the weird feeling in his chest might leave as well. Jimin looked at the other and frowned. "I want to sleep too so let me stay," he sulked.

Yoongi looked down at the puppy eyes and grumbled; "Aish. Fine, fine."

 

The weird feeling stayed.

 

 

Jimin nestled his head against Yoongi's chest and his breathing gradually became even. Yoongi simply stared down at the other's face. Yes, creepy, I know, but he couldn't help but look at the bundle of whatever this thing was in front of him. It was so strange. He didn't know what he felt towards the younger. Was it hate? Guilt? Jealousy?

After a while of thinking, Yoongi settled on guilt. He was guilty because he had bumped into the kid that one day and he was rude so he felt like he owed the younger something. That was it. It had to be. But the lingering doubt stayed in Yoongi's chest. He was sure that they were friends. He shouldn't be feeling guilt if they were friends. It wasn't right. The blonde couldn't put his finger on it, but it unsettled him as much as math equations did.

He had to find out. It was so strange - too strange - and he wanted to get rid of the nagging in his brain and heart. It was painful but at the same time pleasurable and he wanted to know why.

 


 

Jimin sat at a cafeteria table with Jungkook, Taehyung, Luhan and her friend Minseok, an almond eyed girl from their class who sat in the front row together with Luhan.

Minseok poked at her food uninterestedly and gazed at Luhan who was chattered loudly about news and gossip that she had. She smiled mischeviously at Jimin. "So...Jiminnie" she said cheekily, "I heard that you've become closer with Min Yoongi, the famous, or should I say infamous, brat."

Jimin flushed so that his face was the same colour as his hair. "I guess..." he mumbled, "I mean, we're friends now." "Just friends?" she persisted. Jimin was flustered and excused himself from the table after nodding his head furiously.

 

He went into the bathroom and splashed cold water onto his face, attempting to make the redness in his cheeks die down a little.

He'd come to realise that he'd often go red when Yoongi was mentioned. Jimin, not knowing and never experiencing what in the world "love" was (apart from listening about it in songs and books), didn't know the symptoms of a hopeless crush or simple infatuation. He leant against the hallway's wall and crouched so that he looked like a black, white and red rock sitting near the bathroom.

"Ahhh," he cried. It was distressing, really. His heart always managed to tighten when he was around the elder and he wondered if the other felt the same way. It confused him immensly to why he felt this way since it was completely new to him. He hadn't fallen this hard in a while and he wanted to know why. "Why?" was the question that he needed the answer to. They were both good friends, he knew that as much, but he wasn't sure about what he generally thought about the blonde. He was short, sometimes cute, most of the time grouchy, snappy, stubborn and rude. Jimin couldn't get the word "cute" out of his head. Cute?

Yeah sure, his blond hair sure was attractive and his pale, smooth skin was utterly beautiful and Jimin would aknowledge that, but did he really think that the elder was any more than he actually was to him? He was also nice and strangely attractive. Cute, nice, attractive. This was distressing. Jimin clearly didn't know what was going on and it annoyed him very much. 

 

"Hey kid. Everything good?" he heard a concerned voice say from above. Jimin poked his head out of his ball and his eyes nearly popped out of his head when he saw who was there. Speak of the devil. "Hyung! Ah...yeah I'm fine..." he said, his face pale as if Yoongi was a ghost.

Yoongi grabbed Jimin's hand and pulled the younger upright. "Come on," he said, starting to walk with Jimin's hand clasped is his. "Class is starting in three minutes and the locker rooms are really far."

"Oh...okay," the younger mumbled quietly, looking at the floor and trying his best to conceal the redness of his cheeks, neck and cherry-like ears.

 

"Oh. My. Gosh." Jin muttered wide-eyed. "Wow." Namjoon replied in an agreeing tone.

The president and vice-prez were stalking, I mean watching, the red and white haired boys, and they were shocked. Really.

Seokjin had known Yoongi well before any other of the students at Seijin had and he knew that the blond found it extremely difficult to make friends. Heck, Yoongi had even counted on his relatioship with Jin to build friendships with Namjoon and Hoseok. Even Namjoon knew that Yoongi was moderately hostile around others and wasn't really the best at making first impressions.

So when the two of them saw him hiting it off with the new kid, Park Jimin, they were stunned. No one had ever made friends with Yoongi himself this fast before, especially not someone who had accidentally knocked him over the first time that they had met.

 

 

This was bound to either end up nicely, or horribly.

 


 

A/N:

Not an interesting or long chapter.

This was more of a filler sort of thing.

Didn't have much fun writing it. OTL

Let's hope for better chapters in the future ^_^

Thanks for all the subs! You guys are so nice :")