Meeting

Odds in Approval // DISCONTINUED

 


 

1 || Meeting 

 



 

Park Jimin snatched his blazer from the coat rack and dashed out of his room. He was already late enough as it was so he decided not to bother with breakfast.

“Jimin!" his mother scolded as he raced to the door without even saying his goodbyes.

“Mom, I’ll buy lunch at school. Bye dad. Bye mom. Bye noona.” Jimin called out behind his shoulder, his voice fading as the front door closed with a loud bang.

Mrs. Park sighed and waved to the door.

 

 


 

Jimin jogged breathlessly along the hallway, a piece of paper flapping in his hand.

"Oh god where the hell is the damn classroom," he muttered, clearly annoyed.

 

 It was only recently that Jimin had transferred to Seijin Academy, and clearly, he was still not accustomed to the setting of the vast campus.

 

Fortunately, despite attending during the third week of the second term, the red haired boy had found a few friends and his looks had seemed to have served him justice when he found out that he had many female fans, but these friends and fans were useless when they were already in class, unable to help him in his current dilemma.

 

The short boy was pacing in the 800’s trying to find "room 850" (which was ever so graciously written on a post it note given to him by the principal) and it wasn’t until after several failed attempts to try and find that very room did he realize that the “8” was actually a “3”.

Curse the principal's messy handwriting.

He huffed and his head dove into the school map once again.

 

 I swear to god he raged as he half-stomped half-ran to the opposite side of the damn school.

 

After he slid down the final flight of stairs that led from the 400’s to the 300’s, he opted to sprint to make it in time to not miss the first session completely.

Jimin agilely bolted past and dodged other students and teachers who seemed to either have been on their break or were having a free period. His hair was a crimson blur as he ran and read the silver plates on the doors that indicated the number of the room.

“838…840...842…” he murmured under his breath as he ran past the respective rooms. “844…846…84—“

Jimin suddenly found that he couldn’t say the number 8.

 

 He had hit someone head on.

“gAH—!”

 

Yells from both the victims and scared passersby echoed the hallways.

 

 A heap of limbs lay on the cold, linoleum floor.

“What the---?!” an vexed voice yelled

Jimin looked up, alarmed to hear a voice that sounded so pissed.

“U-uh I’m so sorry, I was running —“ he apologized, flustered.

 

 He stole a brief glance at the person that he’d just struck. The boy wore a white uniform and he was short, much like Jimin. The other’s face was twisted in annoyance.

 

“No , kid.” The owner of the voice stood up slowly, brushed his knees and proceeded to glare down at the younger.

Damn, if looks could kill… Jimin thought, silently praying that he wouldn’t be harmed.

 

Jimin noticed that the threatening look that the boy gave him indicated certain death.

"What's your deal you prick," the elder asked, his face showing clearly that he wanted to strangle the other.

Jimin winced and braced for pain.

But it never came.

 

"Yoongi..." a soft voice said from behind the said name. Yoongi clicked his tongue and straightened his posture.

“Watch out, brat. I don’t have time for any of your . I'll deal with you later.” the blonde snapped.

He then turned and faced a group of four other people.

 “Let’s go.” the ‘attacked' boy commanded gruffly and the rest simply nodded before turning, not even sparring a glance to the boy who remained sprawled on the floor.

 

 Jimin’s eyes widened and he began to scowl.

What a douche.

He stood up, adjusted his black, wide-rimmed glasses and paid no heed to the staring students that seemed to be gossiping wildly. He coolly gathered his scattered books and brought up his wrist to check the time. “I’m definitely too late now, might as well go to the second session in advance.”

 

 He looked at the post it note and sighed heavily when he saw what it said;

“Second period: room 684”

 

 Was that a “6” or a “0”?

 



 

Min Yoongi walked through the main hallway and sniggered when the other students scattered out of his way like mice. Although it was partially credited to the tough Kim Namjoon that loomed behind him, Yoongi still liked to think that he had control over these lowlifes.

Yoongi, as well as Namjoon, Jung Hoseok and Kim Seokjin were evidently the students that were on a whole different level. Their white ties stood out in heavy contrast against the common black and their ambience spoke of something ethereal.

Yoongi’s laziness, Namjoon’s forgetfulness, Hoseok’s brightness and Seokjin’s kindness somehow found themselves to work with each other, which to this day still awed the other students. 

They found it fascinating how different the four boys actually were from themselves, which led them to respect and admire the quartet. 

 

“Ah - Yoongi, that boy you hit before…shouldn’t we have helped him up or something?” Seokjin asked softly.

“Huh?” Yoongi replied, raising an eyebrow at his elder, “You do know that I’m gonna make that kid regret it either way.”

It wasn’t a question, but Hoseok decided to jump in anyways and say “Yoongi, why're you in such a bad mood today?”

“Had to wake up early for the whole yard cleanup thing. And it wasn’t my fault that the damned was running,” the blonde stated, then looked down, disgusted at his garment. “Now my uniform’s all gross.”

Seokjin, also known more simply as Jin, looked warily at the younger’s stained uniform.

“Ah…maybe ask him to clean it for you?” Jin suggested, knowing that Yoongi would send someone to hell if he didn’t reason with him earlier.

Yoongi gave a small nod in reply and turned to continue walking down the hallway. Jin took it as a yes, and the four strode past the other lingering students.


 

Jimin walked into the classroom and sat down at a desk in the back row. Kim Taehyung pranced in with Jeon Jungkook following close by.

“Hyung!” they both called when they saw the familiar bob of carmine hair.

Jimin beamed in response to hearing the two bright voices.

Taehyung sat down beside Jimin, his neon orange hair bobbing up and down as he began to speak rapidly. “Hyung! Hyung! Hyung! You didn’t come to the first session, where were you? I was starting to think you were sick or something! Me and Jungkook were going to go to your house after school and bring you ——“

“I’m fine,” Jimin butted in, aware that the peach haired younger would ramble on and on until he finally ran out of breathe. “I just bumped into someone on my way here, that’s all.”

Jungkook, who was sitting in front of Taehyung and listening attentively to their conversation turned around. “Hyung…did you lose your way around again?” he asked, before Taehyung could ask more questions.

Jimin nodded pathetically. “Yeah…guess I couldn’t put your tour to use, Jungkookie.”

The latter gave a small smile as if to say “It’s okay” and turned back around when the teacher walked in.


 

“Clean it,” the blonde ordered, pushing his blazer into the strawberry haired kid’s shoulder. His eyes glared dangerously at the other.

 

“What?” Jimin asked.

“Clean it,” he repeated, his patience growing thin.

 

Yoongi had taken the liberty to strip his blazer off when he spotted the chubby cheeked boy walking along the hallway and he had pushed him against the lockers.

Several spectators stood staring and whispering avidly.

Jungkook and Taehyung wanted to in, but Jimin gave them a small shake of the head, so they stood watching anxiously on the sidelines.

Jin, Hoseok and Namjoon stood watching, and were in truth, embarressed about the scene that was occuring even though it happened often.

 

Jimin scoffed. “What was that?”

 

All at once, of Yoongi’s remaining calm snapped, so he pulled his hand back and slapped Jimin, earning gasps from the student spectators.

 

“Yoongi...” an alarmed Jin said, but the blonde ignored the elder.

“You stained my blazer, now clean it, you ” Yoongi said louder, literally yelling into Jimin’s ear.

“Clean it yourself,” Jimin replied calmly, unwilling to fight fire with fire. His left cheek was now a bright red, but he remained unbothered.

 

Yoongi, who wasn’t used to anyone treating him like this, began to grit his teeth.

“Brat,” he whispered almost inaudibly, an action that he knew would sent chills down someone’s spine. “Do it.”

Jimin raised an eyebrow, unaffected. “You’re a lazy one, aren’t you?”

He clasped Yoongi’s wrist, which held him captive and slapped it away, leaving a frozen Yoongi standing and staring at him.

Jimin nodded to Jungkook and Taehyung, who scurried over and apologized for not helping, which earned a forgiving smile. “It’s okay.” he said and the trio started walking towards the canteen.

Whoop’s could be heard from the crowd of students that were now dispersed since the action was over.

“Looks like the ice king has a competitor!” someone called behind their shoulder, gaining agreed nods and murmurs.

 

Yoongi was furious. “You ing piece of . You’ll pay,” he fumed.

The four boys walked over slowly and before Namjoon could finish saying “You shouldn’t have slapped him”, Hoseok noticed something.

 

“Oh! He actually took your blazer!”


Jimin stuffed the black blazer into his bag.

“I guess I have more laundry to do tonight…” he sighed. “What a pain.”

 

“That was really brave,” Jungkook commented, awe streaking his voice.

“Yah! Hyung! That was so cool! I mean, I wouldn’t have even been able to say anything but you were calm enough to even say something and you were so calm! That’s so cool, no-one’s over done it before that’s so awesome —“ Taehyung spoke in admiration.

 

Jimin chuckled before saying “Ah, I’m hungry let’s go to the canteen”

The two nodded and pointed in the direction of the canteen.

“Hi!” said a voice.

Jimin looked up from his lunch and his eyes met a girl’s. “I witnessed your ordeal with Min Yoongi.” she said, and stretched out her hand to shake with Jimin’s, her long brown hair draping down her shoulder. “Nice to meet you, I’m Lu Han from the newspaper club. Feel free to call me Luhan. This is Oh Sehun, my editor.” She pointed to a poker-faced boy on her left.

Jimin smiled and welcomed them to sit on the table, “I’m Park Jimin” he said and watched as introductions were passed from across the table.

 

Sehun sat next to Jimin. 

“Oh Sehun,” the rainbow haired boy said, shaking Jimin’s hand, “Luhan tends to go a bit overboard, but she has good intentions.” he warned.

Luhan slapped Sehun playfully and feigned rage; “Yah! Sehun, you meanie! I don’t go overboard.”

The table laughed and they proceeded to talk like friends as they ate their lunch.

 

“It’s news that someone is standing up to the scandalous Min Yoongi,” Luhan stated, “At this rate, you’ll be popular in no time.”

Jimin asked something that had been on his mind for a while now, “What’s the big deal?”

The whole table gave him weird looks.

“Ah, it’s expected since you’re new here. I’ll introduce you to them.” Luhan said. She turned around a pulled a notebook out from her pocket. She flipped it around a million times and her brown eyes brightened when she reached her desired page.

 

“Min Yoongi,” she began, and the table quieted to listen, “Has an infamous reputation. Said by teachers to be lazy but still manages to get straight A’s. Is often seen hanging around Kim Namjoon, the tough looking guy, Jung Hoseok, the bubbly guy with a long face and Kim Seokjin, the mother like, pretty boy. They are all extremely wealthy and wear white ties which were handed out by the principal, Namjoon’s father. They're all in our class but rarely attend class. ”

 

Sehun clapped lightly and the rest of the boys joined in. Luhan smiled when she was praised.

“Wow Luhan noona, you know a lot don’t you?” Taehyung admired. 

“Thank you,” she blushed and Sehun gave the orange haired boy a dangerous glower.

“Oh. So that’s why there were so many people…” Jimin realized.

Luhan nodded, “No doubt you’ll be the talk of the school soon enough.”

Jimin turned pale; “Ah…I don’t think I want that…"

Taehyung looked at him questionably. "Why?"

"I want to live a quiet life...." Jimin said quietly.

 

Luhan nodded slowly in understanding. "I was going to write an article on you for the school paper, but if you aren't comfortable with it then I won't"

Jimin nodded in thanks and smiled shyly.

 

 

 


 

"I'm cold," Yoongi whined, clutching his stomach and turning from side to side on the room's sofa, earning eye rolls from Namjoon who was sitting on the same sofa.

"We've heard you say that like a million times, man" he replied, "It's your fault you told that guy to take your blazer."

"Yeah but still," the blonde groaned. "So...so...cold."

 

Hoseok sat on an office chair and was swivelling on it wildly. "He was pretty brave to talk back at you, Yoongi."

Seokjin, who was siting behind his desk nodded. "He must be new here. We accepted a new student not so long ago. He must be the one."

"Oh yeah. My dad was talking about this new kid who was really talented." Namjoon remembered.

"Yeah? Well he isn't so talented for messing with me. Sheesh." Yoongi retorted.

 

"Aishh Yoongi. Don't act so tough." Hoseok grinned, wheeling himself over to the vulnerable boy. 

"Wha--- HOSEOK NO---prmJRBHbhdjHJJHhH."

Excruciating shrieks could be heard coming out from Yoongi's mouth, as well as cusses and wheezing laughs.

Jin's famous smile beamed brightly and he walked over quickly to join in on the fun, "Yah...I almost forgot that our Min Yoongi is super ticklish."

"h-hyUNG!" Yoongi pleaded inbetween exasperated gasps.

Namjoon simply looked in amusement at the scene that was unfolding in front of him.

He quickly pulled out his phone to take a video.

"OH MY GOD YOU GUYS," the red faced boy screamed, "I'LL ING KILL YOU."

 


 

Yoongi sat on the sofa, crossed legged and his face painted with a glare of pure death.

"You ever. Ever. Do that again. And I'll make sure you pay." he said, smiling morbidly to add to the fear.

A beaming Hoseok, a smiling Jin and a smirking Namjoon sat on the floor in front of the adorable, pout-faced boy.

"Yes, sir" they chorused, halos literally shining above their heads.

He snarled.

 

"Good."

 

 



 

A/N:

My very first fanfiction! And it's YoonMin //hellyeaHs//

I hope that you enjoyed reading c:

Cameo's from Luhan and Sehun from EXO! Fem Luhan because why not and he's too beautiful in real life anyways ;v;

This was aLSO a boring chapter xD please keep your expectations low for future updates haha

Thank you for reading (ovo)