Friends

Odds in Approval // DISCONTINUED


 

3 || Friends

 



 

Park Jimin literally bounced on the burning pavement under the glittering sun.

It was the weekend. A rare occurence, and the red-head was determined to spend it willingly. School was fairly fun, but waking up early everyday was awfully tiring at times.

He hummed a made up tune as he hopped from pavement to pavement, on a strawberry flavoured icy pole (his favourite, mind you) as he looked around the new neighbourhood - his new home.

He rubbed his tender arms as the sun radiated onto them. Unfortunately, he hadn't remembered to slather on sunscreen like his mother had advised. "Ow..." he mumbled. Turning back around, he saw that his house was a while away. A shame.

Squinting into the distance, his brown eyes brightened when he spotted a convenience store. One must mean many more, right? When he gradually came close, he grinned when he saw the faint whooshing of electric fans. For sure, he needed them right now.

He burst into a grocery store and sighed with pleasure when he felt the pleasing cool air blast onto his cheek full face. Purely satisfying.

"Hello young sir, are you here to buy anything?"

The boy turned around and met the face of an old lady. RIght away, he felt bad for stepping into the store for the sole reason of fending off the hot weather. He breathed thankfully as he felt precious notes rustling in the back pocket of his board shorts.

"I'm just looking right now. I'll be at the counter in a few," he smiled, which then contaged to the smaller woman. "Alright then."

Jimin strolled through the aisles, looking for nothing in particular. A snack perhaps. Or something to cold to ease the scorching sun. He opted in grabbing another icy pole and paid at the counter. He bowed to the nice lady and quickly walked out. As soon as he did so, he groaned. The hot air hit his face and he longed for the cool air that awaited him at his new home. He set to walk the short but agonising kilometer to his house.

His eyes blinked lazily. Humid weather had always made him exhausted. He began to stagger idly and his eyes drooped dangerously. He rubbed his eyes and slapped himself to stay awake. "The thirst is real," he mumbled jokingly and unexpectedly heard a snort from behind him. He darted around and scrunched his face up to see his follower. Min Yoongi.

The elder wore a black hoodie which draped over his head.

"Aren't you hot?" Jimin murmured tiredly. It made himself even more restless to see the other so unecessarily so rugged up."Yeah, but I get burnt real easy," the blonde replied, pulling the seemingly unbearable hoodie further down his face. Jimin simply nodded and twisted around, walking faster and faster as he began to see more of his house in the distance.

"It's hot. Wanna come inside?" Jimin invited, wanting to get in as quickly as possible. The elder raised an eyebrow, unamused. "Really? I live right next door." Jimin took this as a statement instead of the intended insult. "Yeah but like. Lonely...or whatever...right?" he said tiredly. Apparently, the hot weather messed up his speech as well.

Yoongi looked at the younger's burning face and felt a swipe of worry course though him. "This once." he mumbled and Jimin sighed thankfully. "Come, come. It's so hot out her I'm a burnt egg right now." Yoongi snorted at the strange metaphor and graciously stepped into the home.

The two boys both slumped into the house as soon as they felt the cold air cut their faces. Finally.

"Jimin! You're already back," called a voice from what Yoongi believed to be the kitchen. The setting out of the home was much like his own, hence the two being neighbours.

"Yeah, it's too hot outside," Jimin managed to groan as he rolled onto the sofa with Yoongi standing awkwardly near the door, "Brought the neighbours son with me as well."

"Oh! You mean the Min family or is it the other people I haven't met yet?"

Yoongi heard knives being placed onto a surface and footsteps quickly approaching the lounge room/doorway area. He inhaled sharply.

Mrs. Park looked strikingly similar to her son, Jimin. SHe looked young and her shoulder length, brown hair floated in volumed waves around her shoulder. She was quite tall in contrast to Jimin and she looked anything but frail and weak. She gave the blonde a dashing smile, exactly replicating Jimin's signature eye smile which gave Yoongi the chills. She walked over to him and shook his hand.

"Hello. I'm Jimin's mom. You are...?"

Realising that it was his turn to speak, he quickly blurted a "Mi-min yoongi." The woman looked at him quizically. "Mimin Yoongi?" she echoed. Jimin snorted and burst out laughing from the couch. The blonde facepalmed himself mentally. "Min Yoongi. My name is Min Yoongi." he said again, more composed. The lady smiled graciously, "Feel welcome here. I don't mind, as long as my son's in good hands." Yoongi nodded, "Thank you, and yes."

Mrs. Park nodded, smiling and turned to Jimin who was breathing steadily, sprawled all over the sofa and her eyes flashed with rage. She pinched his cheek until his eyes popped open in alarm. He moaned slash yelled a loud "OW!" and jumped off the couch. Yoongi stiffled a laugh and watched as Jimin rolled on the carpet with his hands cupped over his cheeck and Mrs. Park crossing her arms victoriously.

"Boys, it's only one in the afternoon, go out and play," she said.

"B-but it's so hoooot," the red head complained from the floor. Yoongi noticed that he lay was right where the fan blew. Smart.

"Fine, but do something productive," she smiled, "I'll be in the kitchen making lunch and a cake." She left the room, but not before winking at Yoongi and stepped into the kitchen.

Jimin lay eyes closed on the carpet while Yoongi stood once again, awkwardly near the couch. After realising how hot he still was, he sat on the carpet, close to where Jimin lay

The blonde stared at the fluttering eyelids of the younger and he snapped into reality. He used his finger to flick the other's forehead, which woke him up instantly. "Ow..! What?! You too?" he moaned and sat up, leaning his head on the sofas seat. Yoongi grinned and flicked Jimin's cheek again before standing up and pointing to the stairs. "Your bedroom's up there right?"

"Uh..yeah. How'd you know?" Jimin said, eyeing the elder suspiciously. "My room's up there as well. In my own house I mean." he clarified, noticing the slow approach from Jimin, "Um...I don't stalk you or anything."

"I figured otherwise," Jimin smirked, "Wanna see?" The younger pointed in the direction of the staircase that led to his room. "Sure."

 

"Neat room," Yoongi complimented, earning a quick thanks from Jimin before the younger flew onto his bed, his legs and arms twisting in directions that Yoongi didn't believe to be possible. "Turn the AC on it's too hot I'm a mashed potato right now," moaned Jimin. Yoongi smiled slightly at the metaphor and turned the AC on to high and proceeded to spin around in Jimin's black office chair until he bagan to feel dizzy.

The room was silent for about 5 minutes, the cool air blowing on their faces and the sun still radiating brightly.

"Why're you so grouchy all the time," Jimin chirped, breaking the silence and making Yoongi frown.

"What do you mean?" the blonde said, facing in the direction of the bed, looking at the back of the younger's head.

"I mean ... I heard from a person - or a few people - from my class that you're well known for being rude and stuff. I don't really see that in you though, unless you count when I first saw you. You were really salty then."

The elder's face turned red and he was glad that Jimin was facing another direction. "Really?" he asked, feigning ignorance. He already knew all the stuff about him going in and into the school.

"Yeah. You aren't exactly known as the angel of the school," Jimin snorted, and slowly twisted his head around to look at the crimson faced Yoongi. "You look like a mashed potato as well, hyung. A red one." Jimin laughed, and flicked his hand to beckon the elder over.

The latter growled, but walked over to sit on the edge of the bed. Jimin repositioned so that he lay next to Yoongi with his legs hanging off the edge. He smirked mischeviously and flashed on a serious face. "Hyung. I have something to tell you. C'mere."

Yoongi looked to his left and was uneasy at the sight of a serious faced Jimin. "What's wrong?" he asked. "I said c'mere. Lend me your ear." The blonde leaned in slowly, awkwardly. "U..uh why don't you jus---" he started, but was interrupted by the sound of his own cry of pain, "Owowowow LET GO!" he shrieked and Jimin howled with laughter. The elders pale cheek fat was squished inbetween Jimin's chubby fingers. "Revenge!" he yelled triumphantly and let go of the other's cheek.

The blonde rubbed his cheek tenderly and scowled at the other. "That hurt, brat," he growled. "Oooh! Rude Yoongi is back," Jimin called out and rolled over to hug his pillow defensively.

"Fight me," the blonde glowered, clearly threatening, or challenging, the other. "Think fast," Jimin blurted and threw a pillow at the elders face. Yoongi's face turned pink. "Yah! What's your deal, punk?" 

Jimin flashed a teasing smile and rolled away before the elder could attack him.

"Alright, you called it." "Wha---umph!"

 

After a ten minute heated (literally) pillow fight between the two contenders, they both slumped into a big heap on the bed.

"I'm ... tired," Jimin yawned. "Same," Yoongi mumbled.

The younger curled into a comfortable sleeping pose. "Wake me up if I fall asleep for more than an hour, okay?"

Yoongi murmured a small, "I actually might ... sleep before ... you ... do ..." before his eyes fluttered closed.

 

The two boys faced each other, their heads laying on the pillows and their chests rising up and down steadily. The very essence of the word "cute" and "tranquil" resonated around their very presence.

Mrs. Park finished baking a monster of a "cake" in the kitchen and was climbing up the stairs excitedly to force her son and maybe his friend to eat her self proclaimed success of a charred brick of flour. She opened the closed door to Jimin's room and beamed "I can imagine you face when you ea---oh!"

Her face showed shock, then slyness at the sight of the two boys. "Cute, cute, cute," she cooed, pulling her phone out to take a photo.

Snap!

 


 

Jimin was the first to wake up. So much for Yoongi.

Sleepiness still shrouded his eyes and he couldn't see properly. He blinked his eyes tiredly and when they focused he jumped. Yoongi was right in front of him.

His heartbeat speeded and his breath hitched. Why was this happening?

Yoongi's nose was only millimeters away from his and he stared at the elders face for a while. Aware that he still felt tired, he figured that he would rather gaze at the blonde than to go outside into the sweltering heat. He moved back a bit, to see the whole of the elder's face. He noticed the other's pink lips and pale, smooth face.

"Hnn..." the elder moaned, and Jimin jumped back in fear. Luckily, the other was still asleep. The younger noticed that in that black hoodie, Yoongi must be burning. Jimin shuffled over and peeled the hoodie off the other and flung it across the room. Good. Now he wouldn't need to deal with a sweating Yoongi when he finally woke up.

Jimin turned to look at the clock. It read: 2:32. Still time to keep napping. It was still way too hot anyways.

He snuggled up towards the elder and rested his head on the other's chest.

 


 

Now it was Yoongi's turn to wake up, and he was just as surprised as the other had been when he saw that a ball of red hair was on his chest. He lay still for a while, but then realised how tense and awkward he felt and quickly climbed out of the bed, careful to not wake the other up.

"Leaving so soon?" Mrs. Park said from the couch, scrolling through her phone. "Yeah," Yoongi replied, slipping his shoes on, "Thanks for letting me stay for a bit."

"No worries," she replied, and walked over to the boy, "In all seriousness. Are you actually friends with Jimin?"

Yoongi hesitated. It had only been a week or two since he had known Jimin, and he knew that he had been a huge douche when they first met. Jimin, like Jin had said, was pretty cute, but the blonde didn't know what he thought about that matter. After today, he felt like they've become a bit closer.

"I...yeah...I guess...y-yeah. We're friends. At least I'm his anyways," he mumbled, his ears turning red.

The woman smiled, "Good. See you then. Say hi to your mother for me. We're good friends. Thanks."

The blonde nodded and closed the front door behind him. 

 

Jimin blushed furiously from behind the staircase. "Happy?" his mom chuckled and he nodded shyly. He'd seen the whole scene.

 

"Friends, huh? That's not so bad..."

 


 

A/N:

Another update :D

School just started and I'm not especially busy but I've gotten lazy again ;__;

Sorry if I don't update frequently xD