Introductions

Odds in Approval // DISCONTINUED


 

2 || Introductions

 



 

Jimin walked through the halls, again, late for class. He groaned as he strode through the 200’s, trying to find room “264”, and yes, this time, he was sure that it was “264”, but unfortunately,  that knowledge didn’t keep him from getting lost.

The halls were all empty, and only his footsteps could be heard. He peeked into other classrooms and could see some students working hard and some slacking.

He had distinguished that the ones that actually tried were either from scholarships, were financially average or just wanted a good future. The students that slacked were often the rich kids that had their future pre-decided. 

 

In unison with his, he heard another pair of footprints quickly approaching.

The footsteps became closer and Jimin jumped and gave a high pitched squeal when he felt a finger touch his shoulder. He turned around, his eyes wide and he relaxed slightly when he saw who it was.

“The hell kid, it’s just me. You were frozen.” Yoongi said, raising his eyebrow.

 “Sorry, I was surprised,” Jimin mumbled, “Why’re you here?”

Yoongi started walking and Jimin followed suit.

“I’m going to class, duh.” he said bluntly, folding his arms behind his head.

Rude. Jimin thought before taking the chance and asking, "Do you know where room 264 is? Can you show me where it is or something?"

"That's where I'm going," Yoongi stated, "Follow."

 

The two boys walked along the long corridor, their shoes tapping in harmony. The awkward silence hung in the air and Jimin especially felt uneasy. Yoongi also felt slightly tense so he took the liberty to break the silence.

"Are you new here?" he asked.

Jimin looked up, slightly surprised to finally hear something come out of the pretty faced boy's mouth that wasn't cussing, "Yeah, yeah I am."

"No wonder you look like a rabbit in the middle of the jungle." Yoongi muttered, earning a laugh from Jimin.

"I don't really have a good sense of direction." he said, smiling coyly, and tripped over his own foot.

Yoongi's mouth twitched as he saw the younger's eyes widen in panic and he let out a small, deep chuckle.

Jimin's face flushed a pale red as he fumbled to stand back up; "I-I'm kind of clumsy."

"Kind of?" Yoongi retorted, smirking and stopped in front of a door that Jimin believed to be room 264.

Jimin mumbled a small "Yeah" and walked into the room. 

 

As soon as the boys stepped into the classroom, all eyes turned to them. Jimin quickly apologized for being late but Yoongi simply walked to the back row and planted himself next to Namjoon and behind Jin. 

The teacher excused Jimin who quickly walked to the back to sit in the middle of Yoongi and Taehyung but eyed Min Yoongi skeptically.

"Jimin and Yoongi, please open your textbooks to page 56," the teacher said, and turned his back to write on the whiteboard.

Jimin flipped to page 56 easily, whereas Yoongi reached into his bag but to no avail.

He had forgotten his textbook.

 

He looked around him to see the three people that he actually knew who surrounded him; Namjoon, Seokjin and that new kid. Hoseok was out doing who knows what.

He turned to face Namjoon whom which he knew would lend him anything in a blink of an eye, but his face twisted in dismay when he saw that Namjoon's desk was empty and that he was snoring lightly as he sat in an uncomfortable position. Sleeping in class? Yoongi thought, impressed at the usually alert boy's sudden change in behaviour.

Yoongi turned to face the person in front of him; Jin and attempted to catch his attention by kicking his chair repeatedly. Jin turned around and gave a threatening glare which indicated that he didn't want to be bothered. Yoongi curled back into his own chair in reaction to seeing the scary expression coming from the usually mother-like boy. Jin was scary when it came to academic related things. 

The teacher was now asking questions from the book and since he'd already gotten 

He turned to his left and his eyes met Jimin's smirking face that had seemed to have witnessed his failed attempts to get in contact with a textbook. Yoongi's eyes pleaded a silent "Can I see?" and Jimin nodded, smirking.

Yoongi inched over and connected the two desks together, which resulted in a loud creak and many more staring eyes. The teacher opened his mouth to say something, but opted not to since he valued his job and just ignored the somewhat strange scene that was unfolding in his classroom. "Why me." he murmured under his breathe.

 

Yoongi used his right hand to prop up his cheek and leaned on the table lazily.

Jimin lowkey stared intensly at the work of art in front of him. 

Yoongi's eyelashes were long, and they fluttered as he blinked sleepily. His clear, pale face was prettily slim, and his pale pink lips looked soft. Jimin noticed all this as he stared at the elder. 

"I'm sorry," he blurted out quietly, but loud enough for the blonde to hear.

Yoongi looked up at him questioningly, "Hm?"

"I'm sorry for colliding into you yesterday, I'm really stupid and clumsy," he whispered, embarrassed.

Yoongi smiled (which made Jimin's breath flutter) before saying; "It's 'kay. This'll make up for it I guess. I wasn't in a good mood anyways."

Jimin smiled gladly. He forgave me.

 


 

The lesson ended as quickly as it had started, and Jimin felt a small longing when Yoongi moved the desk back to it's previous position; not next to him.

"Hyung," he said, reaching for Yoongi's shoulder.

Yoongi turned around, "Hm?"

"U-uh, I have your blazer," he said, pulling a black blazer and a white tie from his bag. Yoongi took the blazer and pulled it on straight away, sending a small gust of air towards Jimin's way, leaving him in awe.

"Thanks, kid," he said and patted the younger's shoulder.

"My name's Jimin," Jimin added, "Park Jimin."

"My name's Yoongi. Min Yoongi."

 


 

"New kid's not bad," Yoongi remarked, picking at his lunch uninterestedly and was met with a beaming Seokjin.

"I saw and heard everything," he teased, and smiled victoriously when Yoongi's face showed signs of turning red.

"I-it was nothing much.." the blonde snapped and quickly changed the subject, "Hoseok, where were you?"

Hoseok took a bite of his sandwich and said happily; "Galloped with horses!" he swooned, earning a facepalm from Yoongi and splutters from Jin and Namjoon.

"What?!" Namjoon choked, but Hoseok just wiggled his eyebrows.

 

Yoongi chose to ignore the grinning Hoseok and brought up his wrist to sniff his blazer. So he did wash it. Yoongi thought, Smells good.

"The new kid is cute," Jin complimented slyly, "He has good grades and he looks good."

"Ah that's true," Namjoon added, "And after that amazing performance of me sleeping in class, I deserve a reward."

Yoongi gave him an alarmed look, "You weren't sleeping?!" he squeaked.

"Of course not," Namjoon smirked, "I would never sleep in class who do you think I am?"

The blonde shook his head and muttered a small, " you" before turning back to Jin.

"How do you know he has good grades?" Yoongi asked and rolled his eyes when Jin gave him the "I know something you don't" face.

"I have my sources," Jin smirked, "It pays to be the friend of the director's son."

Yoongi nodded suspiciously and stuffed a piece of ham into his mouth

Why are school lunches so bad...?

 


 

Yoongi dribbled the ball expertly and threw it to Hoseok. Hoseok's tall stature enabled him to dunk it into the hoop but a slip of hand gave the ball to the other team. Jin and Namjoon sat on the bleachers, as well as Jungkook and Taehyung, cheering quietly.

"Go Jimin hyung!" shouted Taehyung, grinning his rectangle grin.

Jimin ran across the field, monitering the ball and raisinig his hands. He didn't know anyone's names, but he figured that his red hair stood out enough. 

This time, Yoongi had hold of the ball once again and he was surrounded by the opposing team.

Jimin jumped up and yelled, "YOONGI!"

Yoongi turned and quickly threw to ball and added, "IT'S HYUNG TO YOU!"

Since the opposing team had gathered near Yoongi, Jimin was able to quickly dribble over to the hoop and dunk the ball in.

As if on cue, the bell rang, signifying the end of break and the basketball players dispersed.

Students from his team jogged over, high-fived and patted Jimin on the back. Jimin grinned happily and cheered with the other boys.

"Hey - you're not bad," Yoongi remarked, jogging over to Jimin's side.

Jimin scoffed. "You too."

 


 

It was sixth period, the last session of the day, and the whole class was tired and rowdy. The teacher sighed as he realised that it'd be difficult to say anything and get someone to listen. He slammed his hand on the table, catching a few student's attention.

"Don't complain about how it's early, but I'm giving you guys an assignment."

The whole class groaned and tired murmuring could be heard across the whole room.

"You'll have to get into groups of two---"

Before he could finish his sentence, the female members of the class were already getting into groups of two. The teacher rolled his eyes and added loudly,

"Your partners have already been decided by the roll call order."

More groans could be heard and every student rolled their eyes. 

 

After the explanation of the assignment, which sounded tedious for a self-proclaimed "mini assignment", the teacher began to read out the pairings.

"...Jeon Jungkook with Jung Eunji..."

Jeon Jungkook turned and grinned cheekily at a girl. Coincidentally his childhood friend.

"...Jung Hoseok with Kim Taehyung..." 

Hoseok beamed at Taehyung who held up a "V" sign in reply.

"...Kim Seokjin with Kim Namjoon..."

Seokjin turned around and smiled at Namjoon who raised his hand for a high five. 

"...Min Yoongi with Park Jimin..."

Jimin snapped his head to his left and his eyes saw a sleeping Yoongi who had his arms on the table and his head on his forearms.

 

"The assignment is due in two weeks. Effort will get you higher marks."

 

 


 

Jimin fumbled through his locker, throwing the books that he needed for homework into his bag and raced out of the buzzing tight space.

"If we have so much money, why not use it on a locker room extension," he grumbled, making his way into the school yard, towards the gate.

Taehyung and Jungkook ran after him waving their goodbyes as they both went into different directions. 

The red haired boy walked on the pavement, making his way to his house that was conveniently two blocks away from the school.

Once he got out of the busy area, he started feeling a small agitation because he could hear someone walk behind him. He'd heard the loud footsteps since he left the school, and the person could just live near him but he couldn't help feeling uneasy.

He walked faster and to his street, but was dismayed when he still heard the constant tap tap of the shoes behind him.

He turned around, holding his fists up as a form of defence but it turnt out that they wouldn't have any use since all he saw was a pale faced, blonde boy. He blushed for worrying so much. Yoongi looked up at Jimin, confused as to why the younger looked so scared a few seconds ago.

"U-uh why are you here?" Jimin asked.

Yoongi pulled out his earphones, "I live here," he stated, frowning.

Jimin matched the elder's pace so that they walked at the same time. 

"You must be that new neighbour that I was hearing about," Yoongi mumbled, trying to make conversation even though he preferred not to.

Jimin nodded. Then his eyes widened. 

"Wait --- neighbours?!" he asked in shock.

Yoongi nodded slowly.

 

"Yeah."

 



A/N:

A shorter chapter it seems :o

it has like half the amount of words as the first chapter ;__;

Yayaya Yoongi has forgiven Jimin :D I know it's pretty unrealistic for it to end that soon but I've lost inspiration for this fic and I'm hoping to end it really soon ...

I'm going to start another fic but I feel so bad bc I've already requested a cover for this fic and I don't want to put their effort to waste ;___;

Hope you guys enjoy reading anyways hoho

And yes! APINK's Eunji appears here and is Jungkook's partner for the assignment :3

Look forward to the next chapter? They'll be working on the assignment lmao