Chapter 8: New Feelings?

My Interesting Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Taeyeon and Baekhyun walked into the ice-cream parlour, their friends waved to them to signal their presence. They all knew of the situation between Suzy and Baekhyun, but nobody asked any questions because they did not want to make things awkward. But things were awkward either way. As they sat in silence and ate their ice cream slowly, slowly melting into a puddle of goop at the bottom of their cups as if to signify how slowly time was passing by. 

Not being able to stand the weird atmosphere any longer, Taeyeon opened letting the words fall out of . “Hey Chanyeol, you play the drums right? Do you have any clubs you want to join in mind yet? Cause I would really love it if you could join my band.” The question cut through the silence like a sharp blade, and suddenly the weird and awkward atmosphere magically disappeared.  

“No, I haven’t thought about it… But I think that I would love to join your band, you’re a cool person, so I’m sure your band would be too.” Chanyeol replied as if deep in thought. 

“Aw, thanks for the compliment!” She said this with a hearty laugh and a wide smile on her face, that made maybe more than one heart skip a beat. “I haven’t really decided what kind of music we would play but, I know that I want people who music equally, if not more than me, to join. You know… just a safe space to share ideas, play music and just have fun.”

Before Taeyeon could even finish her sentence, she was interrupted by an even more excited voice from the oversized puppy. “Ok, YUP! I and definitely joining your band, that is probably the only club in the school I’ve heard of that I actually want to join.” 

“Hey! What’s that supposed to mean?!” The other three who were only listening in this whole time finally let their voices be heard. 

“Hapkido’s cool okay?” The vice-president of the club retorted.

“Yea! And dance is even better!” The two dancers added. 

All staring intensely at Chanyeol until…“Ahhhhhh! Ok… Ok…, stop staring! It burns!!!!” 

The group of friends all laughed light-heartedly, as they continued their conversation until they all decided to eat dinner together at a nearby fried chicken place before going home when it got dark. Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Taeyeon left together as they stayed around the same area, while Kai and Hyoyeon left together. Chanyeol and Baekhyun shared a small apartment with each other and Baekhyun’s mum since they had to move from Jeonju. As for Kai, he actually lived in the same building as them, but he wanted to make sure Hyoyeon was safe and another reason… He didn’t need her to know how much he cared for her, he just wanted her to look at him as more than just a brother for once. As Hyoyeon spoke enthusiastically about how excited she was for the year to come but too many thoughts were running through Kai’s head to pay attention to her, not that she noticed that. 

Kai has had a crush on Hyoyeon since the first day she came into class, she had beautiful blonde hair and when she danced, it seemed to just flow with her movements whi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter