Chapter 2: Best Friends Forever

My Interesting Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8 Years Ago...

It’s summer vacation again and the sweltering heat has forced the two best friends to go to the nearby beach and enjoy the cool breeze.

”Okay now kids, don’t go too far and don’t go too close to the ocean ok? We wouldn’t want any of you to get hurt ok?” Baekhyun’s Mother instructed. Because the two kids were still young she was the one taking care of the two.

”Yes mom, don’t worry we’re 9-year-olds now. We know what we’re doing,” said Baekhyun enthusiastically, "we're not 7-year-olds anymore",  before running off. 

Baekhyun’s mom, Mrs Byun, pulled Tae Kyung aside “Please look after him, you know how he is...”. Tae Kyung nodded ‘his’ head obediently before running off in Baekhyun’s direction to play with him. 

-----------------------------

Even though he was only 9, Tae Kyung was very mature for ‘his’ age, I mean they did say that girls matured faster than boys, ‘he’ had to take care of ‘his’ little sister and since ‘his’ parents have been very busy with work lately. ‘He’ barely ever finds time to have fun at home without ‘his’ best friend. Tae Kyung and Baekhyun have been best friends for 2 years now but the secret that Taeyeon has been hiding still remains a secret. She managed to continue to keep it a secret, by luck, of course, she went to the only other school in the neighbourhood, and would always change her clothes before meeting up with him. It may seem like a lot of trouble to go through to hide such a weird secret, but she is afraid that if she ever told him, he would be disgusted and not want to be her friend again. She knows she has to tell him one day, but she wants to keep the way things are before it changes.

Baekhyun has not change

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter