Chapter 3: Goodbye For Now

My Interesting Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

------7 Years Ago----------

"Taeyeon, we have something to tell you..." Mrs Kim, Taeyeon's mother said solemnly as she sat her oldest daughter down. "We are moving to Seoul because of your Father's work... I understand that it will be hard for you to leave your life here behind... but this new job will allow us to live better and for us to spend more time with you and Nayeon. I really hope you understand our position."

"I understand Mommy. Don't worry about me, I will be okay..." Taeyeon hesitated slightly as she said the last part of her sentence as the image of Baekhyun's smiling face appeared in her mind. After getting more comforting words from her mother about moving to Seoul, Taeyeon went back to her shared room with Nayeon, shuffling her feet as she walked with a lot on her mind.

"...we will be Best Friends Forever..." Baekhyun's voice kept echoing in Taeyeon's head, it had been a week since the beach incident happened. She was not sure how she was going to break the news to her best friend. She finally found someone she was comfortable with, other than her family, Baekhyun was the only person she could actually be around without feeling anxious and scared. Baekhyun just made her feel comfortable and at ease whenever he was there, it just made her feel safe and protected, a feeling that a she never got from anyone else, even her parents because they are almost never at home. Now that she was leaving, she would lose the one thing that she wanted to keep in her life, other than her baby sister of course, but even she gets a little annoying sometimes. 

--------Fast Forward--------------

A week later

Taeyeon had packed all the things she needed to bring to Seoul, including a photo of Baekhyun and her when they went to the amusement park last month after the beach incident. Taeyeon was not the most excited about the idea as she was not the biggest fan of the rides, but Baekhyun said that he had to make it up to 'him' no matter what. She was dragged around by the excited boy, with Baekhyun's older brother, Suho as the chaperone, sitting on every single ride that was there. From the thriller roller coaster to the merry-go-round. They are hugging with their cheeks touching, wearing matching tiger and pooh headbands and cotton candy in Baekhyun's hand and popcorn in Tae Kyung. Taeyeon stared at the photo, only realising how much emotions she had kept inside of her when the picture was blurred by the tears in her eyes. She pulled the photo frame to her chest as she cried silently to herself as she fell to the ground. It was already 2 am in the morning, so she was keeping quiet to make sure Nayeon would not hear her though she probably wouldn't have because she is such a deep sleeper. 

Taeyeon realised that that would be the first and last photo that she would have of the two of them, as she chose to, after a long time, to not tell her best friend about her best-kept secret. Choosing to go away and leave Baekhyun with the best memory of his best friend Tae Kyung, not Taeyeon. Even though it broke her heart that her best friend would never know about her secret, it made her happy that her Baekhyun would forever be with her through this photo. Taeyeon took the photo frame and went to the copier to get a smaller version of it and put it into her waller, to always remind herself to be strong, as if Baekhyun was always with her. She took the original photo and put it into an envelope with a frame she had made herself and labelled it 'To Baekhyun'. 

She got herself up from the ground and zipped up her luggage and tried her best to go to sleep, even though all she could think of was Baekhyun...Baekhyun...Byun Baekhyun.

------------------------------------

The next morning

The Kim family left early in the morning to avoid traffic with their large moving van, it was not that big as they figured that they would be able to b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter