Sing for me?

You and I and Ice Cream on the Side

The first thing that I did when I reached home after taking my last exam paper, which is history, is come online to update this! After, albeit shamelessly, fangirling about JiHan to my friends, I got some inspiration to write >:D Expect frequent updates because seventeen makes me so happy hahaha :3 p.s. for JiHan fans out there, you should really watch this. All Junghan fans just died in the comment section >< It's the vocal team covering "Because of You" by After School but the JiHan fancam version (and it's not the one with Raina, San E and Jessi in it). Junghan was biting his lip so much omg my heart can't take this. Jisoo was looking so innocent and cute next to him hahaha :3

-----

The piercingly loud alarm sounded as the clock turned seven. Jeonghan groaned in frustration and hit the snooze button. The fact that Jeonghan had not seen Joshua all week made the alarm a bigger irritant than it already is. Jeonghan knows that he barely knows Joshua but he felt a connection with him, Joshua felt familiar. Being the stalker that he was, he found Joshua's facebook account but was too shy to add him as a friend because he knows that if he did that, Joshua would know that he was stalking him. 

"I wish that I can make a new friend today, just to take my mind off Joshua and fill this void of loneliness" Jeonghan muttered.

Jeonghan enjoyed solitude, as that was when he can gather his thoughts and drift away in his own world. However, when he is in a crowded room and no one bothers going up to him and say "Hi", Jeonghan feels a sense of loneliness. He did try making friends but they never stayed with him. Sometimes, this makes Jeonghan question whether he was not good enough for other people.

"Am I not cool at all? Why do people not want to be my friend? I tried so hard to approach them and talk to them but at the end of the day, they leave me."

The situation Jeonghan was in did not help him either; Jeonghan did not have a roommate. The odds of him getting a dorm all to himself were highly unlikely, which made him very excited to attend university. Before Jeonghan entered university, he thought he would finally have friends, since roommates were usually friends. If they were not friends, at least they would still be acquaintances who would hang out, right? Jeonghan starts questioning if he is some sort of jinx, which is the reason why everyone usually just stares at and avoids him.

Jeonghan dragged himself out of bed and into the bathroom. While combing his hair, he started singing random love songs that came to his head. Tomorrow, Jeonghan will be able to meet Joshua again at the acappella training session and he was almost ecstatic about it, almost. He shuddered as he thought about that Seungcheol guy who .

Meanwhile, in Joshua's dorm...

"Ahhh, what should I do, Vernon?" Joshua was about to tear his hair out in frustration.

"Chill, it's not like you can't find a replacement, right? You have that acappella group thing, I'm sure you'll find someone to replace Dokyum. Besides, the poor guy is sick, just pity him for a bit."

"B-but the performance is in two days a-and it counts towards my grades..." Joshua was on the brink of tears as the words left his mouth.

Vernon looked at the cute boy who was at a loss and shook his head. Suddenly, a lightbulb lit up above his head.

"Hey Joshua, why not ask Jeonghan to replace Dokyum? Since he's the new kid who looked uber attached to you on day one, I'm pretty sure he'll be glad to help, he has an awesome singing voice anyway. Besides, you two were basically ogling each other throughout the whole session last week like oh my God I swear you two..." Vernon continued to babble animatedy about the two of them, which made Joshua almost roll his eyes at the Korean-American guy.

"But what if he doesn't want to?" asked Joshua, cutting the excited boy off.

"Nah, he'll accept your request." Vernon reassured Joshua. He waved his hand as if he were waving Joshua's worries off.

Joshua smiled at the thought of asking Jeonghan to sing with him, or rather, sing for him. Burying his face in his hands, he started laughing to himself as he visualised Jeonghan and him practicing together and making those embarassed yet cute facial expressions.

"Oh oh ohhh Joshua, you're thinking about him again, aren't you?" Vernon nudged Joshua as he .

"Y-yeah... He's just special, okay? I don't know why I feel such a strong affinity for this long haired angel." Joshua murmured, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Joshua, you're gay, aren't you?" Vernon asked. Everyone else already knew it, but he wanted Joshua to say it himself just to confirm if this "truth" was true.

Joshua denied that he liked boys. "He just reminds me of somebody that I used to know, nothing special." Joshua retorted.

"But you don't even like girls dude. You know, it's okay if you're gay, Mingyu and Wonwoo came out of the closet and they're like the most lovey dovey, though a little too cheesy, couple I've ever seen. It's alright to love who you want to." Vernon pointed out. Joshua's denial made him a little vexed but he let the matter rest.

Joshua himself was confused about his ual orientation. He was really attracted to Jeonghan and there was someone who reminded Joshua of Jeonghan that Joshua was really fond of too. However, he has never taken any interest in other guys - or girls.

"I... I guess I'm still going through puberty... I'll fall in love one day with someone special and be with her forever..." Joshua blurted out, resulting in a chuckle from Vernon.

Vernon shook his head at the naïve boy who probably still believes Santa Claus exists. Vernon thought, "Yep, he's definitely going through puberty if he's still so innocent like that."

That night, Joshua tossed and turned in his bed, thinking about the suggestion Vernon gave him. Vernon was part of the rapping team of the acappella group but he could sing too. Joshua thought of asking him instead but shook his head because Vernon's voice would not suit Joshua's performance concept. Joshua toyed with the idea of asking Jeonghan to do it for him but shook his head immediately. Without realising it, he started talking to himself.

"Well, asking him to practice and perform in two days is dumping quite a heavy load on his shoulders, isn't it? But I really want to practice with him because his voice really suits the concept... Ugh but what if he rejects me? Maybe he'll think I'm weird for asking for such a favour of him even though I barely even know him. I should just ask Seungkwan... Nah he's voice doesn't suit my concept... Jihoon? He's busy with his own projects too. Sigh, why can't I find anyone?"

"Damn it Joshua, just go and freaking ask him! Is it REALLY that hard?" Vernon groaned in slight annoyance at his friend's hesitation, "Sometimes, you gotta be more assertive and just get what you want..." Vernon added, though his voice was barely audible.

Joshua realised that he had been voicing out his thoughts and Vernon heard everything, which caused him to flush in embarassment. Although it was already dark, Joshua covered his face to hide his embarassment.

"Fine, I-I'll do it." Joshua concurred. Somehow, asking Jeonghan to sing for him made Joshua a little giddy, with excitement. He grinned widely as his eyelids gave into exhaustion.

Joshua slept very soundly that night.