Confession?

You and I and Ice Cream on the Side

Today was the day, Joshua was going to go through with his assessment and get the whole project off his chest. However, Jeonghan did not pick up when he tried ringing Jeonghan. Joshua furrowed his eyebrows in concern and decided to head over to Jeonghan's dorm to check on him.

"Hey Vernon, I'm going to swing by Jeonghan's dorm. He's not picking up his phone."

Vernon opened his mouth to start gushing over his ship again but Joshua shut the door on him before a word left his mouth.

"Damn... He sure is in a rush," Vernon remarked.

Joshua hurriedly walked over to Jeonghan's dorm. He knocked on Jeonghan's door. However, he was not ready for the sight that greeted him when Jeonghan opened the door. Jeonghan's eyes were slightly puffy and he was still in the shirt he wore the day before.

"Jeonghan, are you good?" Joshua asked out of concern.

Jeonghan chuckled and replied, "Who says 'are you good'? You're odd."

Joshua shrugged.

"An old habit of mine. Anyway, are you ready for the assessment later?"

Jeonghan nodded and invited Joshua into his room.

"So, what's been bothering you?" Joshua asked. Jeonghan's gaze shifted. Jeonghan was hesitant at first but decided to tell Joshua the message incident with Seungcheol. After hearing him out, Joshua gave his opinion of the matter.

"You should... Check your phone." Joshua said while pointing at Jeonghan's phone.

Jeonghan grabbed his phone. The sheer amount of notifications Jeonghan got surprised him and he wasted no time in checking all the messages he received from Seunghcheol.

I'm sorry, the messages weren't meant for you but for my roommate.

I'm sorry.

A blush started to form on Jeonghan's cheek as he realised that he had simply misunderstood Seungcheol the night before and made such a big fuss out of it. He cringed at himself for being such a drama queen. He looked at Joshua and asked him for advice. Joshua replied, "Just apologise and clear up the misunderstanding." Joshua gave Jeonghan a reassuring smile, which was all Jeonghan needed for him to do as Joshua advised him to.

After clearing all the misunderstanding, they decided to rehearse for the assessment once more.

---

His legs were jelly and his palms were sweaty. It was his assessment afterall. Hopefully, the teachers would like his song. Jeonghan stole a glance at Joshua and saw that he was nervous. He held Joshua's hand and gave it a squeeze. Joshua blushed but was grateful for the reassurance he received, giving him the confidence to perform.

Taking a deep breath, Joshua started playing his guitar. The sweet melody filled the air, lightening the mood of the room. Jeonghan's soothing voice made it much better and everyone in the room swayed to the music. As they sang, they looked into each other's eyes, finding confidence in each other. Needless to say, the performance went well.

When Joshua finally finished playing, the teachers clapped and one of them commented that the both of them showed remarkable chemistry with each other.

"You two should consider doing more projects together," A teacher suggested.

Joshua grinned from ear to ear upon receiving the positive comments of their performance. Not only were his grades saved, but he felt that he had found his partner in singing.

They left the music room after receiving their feedback.

"That was great, wasn't it?" Joshua said.

"No, it was magical." Jeonghan breathed. In his perspective, everything was almost ethereal. During their performance, all Jeonghan could think of was how he could sink into Joshua's eyes, as his gaze held depth. It was cheesy but that was how Jeonghan genuinely felt.

"Y-you make me sound cheesy," Jeonghan blurted.

Joshua let out a small laugh and asked, "What? Really? You're funny. I like you."

"I like you too."

Joshua froze.

"What?" Joshua managed to croak.

"Nothing."

"O-okay..."

Joshua eyed Jeonghan suspiciously but let it slide.

"He may have said it on accident." Joshua thought.

The both of them returned to their dorms after a short chat, as they had other assignments to rush.

Jeonghan was dying internally. Many thoughts raced through his head and he tried shaking them off but to no avail. He tugged at his hair and exclaimed, "Why did I say that?!" Then, he fell on his bed and rolled around. He sighed.

"Why can't I ever do anything right?"

Jeonghan huffed. He sighed again and decided to return to completing his assignments to take his mind off the earlier incident.

Well, it's been quite a day.

-----

I'm sorry for taking so long to upload QAQ I'm trying really hard to get motivated but like Key (SHINee), the passion I have for things burn really brightly then die out quickly. I'm trying to change that part of my personality but well, it is my personality .-.

Anyway, I'll try to upload at least once a week/fortnight because I've got to finish what I've started. Also, I've already finished my final plan for the story so I'm definitely finishing the story since there's an ending in my mind already.

I'll try finding inspiration by reading oneshots and stuff and I hope that I can continue to produce content that people like >< I have an exam and camp coming up though, so if I ever disappear for quite some time, you know why. haha.

Also, I checked out some other groups and I must say, mamamoo really slays. Their vocals and rap are so good O: I'm pretty amazed.

I'm sad that Pledis can't afford in-ears for Seventeen like what are they spending their money on??? Is there a mismanagement of funds going on in Pledis or something because what kind of company can't afford equipment for their employees??? Seventeen are just babies and they already have to deal with all this bs sigh. At least you know they're fantastic even without fancy equipment lol, though I personally find it pretty impossible to perform without in-ears/earpieces. (I had many cringe-worthy experiences... I don't wanna talk about it XD) Okay enough rambling, have a nice day :D