Ice Cream?

You and I and Ice Cream on the Side

Hello! \(^-^)/ so I've always wanted to write a JiHan fan fiction. (JiHan=Jisoo(Joshua)+Junghan(Jeonghan))

Just to standardize their names, I'll use the names that the company uses for them after their debut because it was after the debut of Junghan that his hair grew long haha. Enjoy!

-----

Jeonghan felt uneasy as he approached the music room. He had missed out on the first few sessions so he was not sure of what to expect from the acapella group that he joined. Cliques would have already been formed and being left out was Jeonghan's biggest fear. Jeonghan sighs in regret. "Why did I even join this?" Jeonghan thought.

Jeonghan had always been left out. Well, ever since he moved away from his hometown anyway. As he was the new kid on the block, the other children were hesitant to approach him since they already had their own group of friends to hang out with. Jeonghan would sit alone during break times and no one would ever approach him. They just stared. He had a few acquaintances but that was what they all remained as - acquaintances. Jeonghan missed the days when he actually had friends and that was long ago in kindergarten. He was especially good friends with this guy named Jisoo and they would go out and eat ice cream together. Jeonghan would have vanilla and Jisoo would have chocolate.

Jeonghan shook his head to shake off his bittersweet memories of childhood and hesitantly pushed open the door to the music room. There were many people in the room who were talking to each other but the moment Jeonghan stepped in, they stopped whatever they were doing and stared at Jeonghan before someone coughed and they resumed their usual activity. Jeonghan sighed. "Well, this isn't a first." He thought to himself. He knew he would not have a chance of making new friends in this acapella group.

However, just as he was about to sit alone in a corner to wait for a person-in-charge of some sort to step in and start the activities, a guy who sported orange hair approached Jeonghan. Jeonghan's first thought was that he was really cute and Jeonghan blushed at the thought. The cute guy stood in front of Jeonghan and said, "Hi, I'm Joshua, nice to meet you."

Jeonghan stared at Joshua for a while.

"Staring is rude, you know." Joshua chuckled as the other boy blushed and looked away.

"I'm Jeonghan, nice to meet you too." Jeonghan finally said.

Joshua told him about the a capella group and how it works.

"We're divided into sub groups and for now, there are 13 boys and 15 girls in the club. The 15 girls function separately from us so we'll probably never see them unless there's a special event of some sort that requires us to collaborate, which is highly unlikely. Among us 13 guys, we are further divided into 3 sub groups - the rappers, singers and performers. Now you probably think that the arrangement is quite weird. However, the a capella group here is known for being multi-talented; we can sing, dance and rap. Depending on your forte, you'll go to either one of these groups. The performers dance and have both rappers and singers in it by the way. I'm in the singing group."

Jeonghan hated the thought of dancing, since he was tired out easily. Jeonghan knew he could not rap so the rapping group was definitely out of his choices. That left him with the singing group, which Joshua was also in. Jeonghan beamed at the thought - he could be in the same group as this really cute boy.

"I think I'm most suited for the singing group," Jeonghan said.

Joshua gave a hint of a smile before an older man stepped into the room. Joshua told Jeonghan that he was their vocal coach.

The vocal coach gave an introduction, knowing that it was Jeonghan's first training session.

"Hi everyone, I'm PD and today will be Jeonghan's first session with us," PD announced as he looked at Jeonghan, "So everyone knows what we do for our first training, right? Jeonghan, please come to the front."

Jeonghan hesitantly walked to the front of the boys and stood beside PD.

"Now Jeonghan, please display your talents."

Jeonghan was at a loss. He did not know what he should do. Just then, his saviour whispered, "Singgggg"

Jeonghan closed his eyes and swallowed. He was not sure of what to sing but he decided to sing a song to dedicate it to this cute boy who approached him.

 

What are you doing today? Are you busy?
If not, do you want to hang out with me?
I have something to tell you, it’s nothing special
but I think I like you

I’ve never said that before
You’re my lady youre my baby
But really, I’m not kidding
From today, from now
will you be mine baby

Of all the ugly guys
I’m the best looking
What do I have to do to let you know how I feel?
Thinking of you drives me crazy

So I’m not that handsome
but I think I look cute when I smile
I’ll do better than all the guys out there, my love
I love you

 

Everyone stared at Jeonghan in awe as he finished his last words. He gazed at Joshua while singing the first verse but was too shy to continue doing so. 

PD clapped for Jeonghan and praised him for his singing ability.

"You'll be in the singing group."

PD's words caused Jeonghan to squeal a little inside. He was excited at the thought of being friends with this cute guy. His regret of joining the acapella group vanished.

Everyone clapped for Jeonghan. Jeonghan smiled and bowed a little. He walked back to where Joshua was standing and Joshua gave him a pat on his back. Jeonghan blushed at their brief physical contact.

The training session began and Jeonghan enjoyed it thoroughly, mainly because the cute boy stood with him and never left him throughout, even though Joshua's friends approached him sometimes.

During break time, Jeonghan left Joshua's side for a while to get water. Another boy was using the water cooler so Jeonghan waited for him to finish. He stood around awkwardly. After the other guy finished drinking and turned around, his eyes met with Jeonghan's. Subconsciously, they stared at each other. The other boy coughed and they broke eye contact.

"Your singing voice sounded like chocolate on vanilla ice cream."

"Oh, um, t-thank you," Jeonghan replied as he scratched his head.

"I'm Seungcheol."

"I'm Jeo-"

Jeonghan was cut off as Seungcheol cupped his hands on Jeonghan's mouth.

"I already know. See you around, flower boy." Seungcheol smirked as he walked away.

Jeonghan widen his eyes at him and flushed at his words. "I'm not a flower boy..." He thought. Jeonghan shook his head and walked back to where Joshua was after drinking water.

"Hey Jeonghan, are you okay? You're so red! Do you have a fever? Oh my..."

Joshua might have spoken too loudly as Jeonghan heard Seungcheol's laughter in the distance. Jeonghan cursed inwardly.

"No, I'm fine." Jeonghan managed to say. Joshua looked doubtful of his words but let the matter rest.

When the acapella session ended, Joshua asked Jeonghan if he wanted to grab some ice cream. Jeonghan's face turned slightly red again as he heard the words "Ice cream" come out of Joshua's mouth. This innocent "Ice cream" was a stark contrast from Seungcheol's more playful and sly "Ice cream". Jeonghan agreed, as he did not want to be left alone and wanted to get to know Joshua better. They walked to the ice cream shop, which was set up by the students in the university.

"I'll have a chocolate ice cream with mini marshmellows as the topping," Joshua said. Joshua looked at Jeonghan expectantly, waiting for him to take his order. Jeonghan touched his chin and wondered what topping he should get. Just then, a familiar voice said, "I'll get vanilla ice cream with chocolate drizzled on it." Jeonghan turned around to see Seungcheol smirking at him. He blushed again. Jeonghan took his order; he got vanilla ice cream.

"Haha, flower boy." Seungcheol teased as he walked away while the ice cream.

Joshua looked at Jeonghan and remarked, "Well, you do look like a flower boy," and laughed. Jeonghan looked away in embarassment.

Jeonghan and Joshua made small talk and learnt more about each other. Jeonghan now knew that Joshua was taking a major in music and Joshua knew that Jeonghan was doing a major in English Literature.

"I remember eating ice cream with a friend who looked like you," Joshua said suddenly.

Jeonghan looked at him weirdly, which caused Joshua to laugh to break the awkward silence. Joshua finally stood up. He turned around and said, "See you around, Angel Jeonghan." Joshua smirked and left.

Jeonghan did not know how to react. He had mixed feelings; he was embarassed and glad at the same time.

"See you around too, Angel Joshua." Jeonghan whispered.

-----

Ahh I didn't know writing a fan fiction would take up so much time! However, I'm quite satisfied with this. >< Although I'm not as talented as other writers who can make the readers feel all fluffy and excited and fangirl at the same time, I think I did quite well (maybe) >:D I won't be posting until after exams (which is after one week), so please be patient if you want to read more ><.

Jeonghan's audition - 00:16-01:34 of K.will's "Day One