His Place

Skinny Love

A head splitting pain. That’s what greeted her the next morning. Combined with the glare of the sun directly hitting her face.

 

She reached for her phone on the nightstand where she usually placed it but her hand landed on nothing, making her almost fall from the bed. Her eyes opened only to be greeted by a somewhat familiar/ unfamiliar room. She looked at her clothes and it wasn’t what she was wearing last night. Her eyes widened, she panicked a bit. She scanned the room and her eyes immediately landed on the red and black poster of coup de tat.

 

.

 

It wasn’t a dream.

 

She looked around and sure enough it was a familiar room. Everything she remembered about it was the same. Except, for the pictures of Kiko and him which she clearly remembered were on the nightstand. They weren’t there anymore.

 

felt really dry, All she wanted at the moment was water but she was too scared of what might be behind the door. She wasn’t prepared at all to see him. What would she say? No. What would he say?

 

Gathering up the courage and strength, she stood up and felt the comfortable furry white carpet tickle her bare feet.

 

She slowly opened the door and peeked outside. Maybe he went out? Hopefully.

 

But as soon as she went out, the bathroom door opened and Jiyong walked out, while drying his hair with a towel and only a towel draped on his lower body. Both stopped at their place as soon as they saw each other.

 

Awkward was an understatement of what they were feeling.

 

“Hey…” Chaerin croaked. Then she awkwardly waved her hand. Great.

 

Jiyong smiled slightly and nodded his head. “I’m just gonna go change.” He said and headed towards the room where Chaerin just came from.

 

As soon as he closed the door, Chaerin slapped his forehead with the hand she used to awkwardly wave.

 

She proceeded to the kitchen and poured herself a glass of cold water which immediately soothed her dry throat.

 

“What do you want to eat?” Jiyong asked, making Chaerin almost choke on the water she was drinking.

 

“Anything is fine.” She answered and looked at him. He was wearing a sleeveless white shirt which exposed his toned biceps and gray sweatpants.

 

She looked down at her clothes and blushed at the thought that came to her mind. She was definitely wearing his clothes and not only that, what she was wearing unmistakably matches his but hers was a white shirt.

 

“Uhm. Where’s Harin?” Chaerin asked, suddenly remembering that she was with her sister last night.

 

“She went to your place.” Jiyong said, preparing things to cook.

 

“Ohh…” She sat on the chair of the kitchen island, watching him. “Do you know what you’re doing?” she chuckled.

 

She saw him smile shyly and shook his head. “No.” he chuckled too and hearing that lifted her spirit up. It’s been a long time since she heard him chuckle.

 

“Alright. Let me do it.” Chaerin said, taking over. Jiyong just let her and he took over the seat she previously sat on. Now it was him watching her. He didn’t even realize that he was smiling the whole time.

 

It didn’t take her long to finish since she just cooked scrambled eggs and bacon.

 

They were eating in silence. Only the clinking of their utensils were heard. Chaerin took her time eating her food since she didn’t know what to say. She’s dying of embarrassment thinking about the state she was in last night and to add to that, Jiyong had to see it.

 

“Why are you here?”

 

“Why did you get yourself drunk?”

 

Both asked each other at the same time making the situation more awkward than it already is.

 

“Why’d you drink so much last night?” Jiyong asked first.

 

“I didn’t…” Chaerin said, looking down.

 

Jiyong shook his head. “You could barely stand last night. Do you think Harin could have carried you home by herself?” He asked, with a raised voice and Chaerin suddenly felt angry at his tone.

 

“I can take care of myself and Jeremy was also there. Diplo too. They would have helped me.” she defended.

 

“I saw Diplo. He was drunk as . How could he have helped you? If I know, he could have already taken advantage of you if I didn’t come get you! “

 

Slap.

 

The sound of her palm in contact with his cheek was deafening.

 

Chaerin was surprised by what she did but her surprise soon turned to anger. “Don’t even talk about him like that!” she said with a raised voice.

 

“Why? Why are you defending him? Don’t tell me you’re already one of his—“Jiyong stopped himself before he could say something he would definitely regret.

 

“One of his what? Huh? es? s? I don’t need you to tell me that because the whole world’s already spitting it on my face!” she said, standing up and heading to his room to get all her stuff. She wanted to get away from him as soon as possible.

 

Jiyong groaned in anger and frustration. This is not what he planned when he decided to come see her. He was too angry but he couldn’t just let her walk out his door.

 

He stood up and followed her to his room. There he saw her putting all her stuff in her bag and hastily taking it, heading towards him who was blocking the door.

 

“I’m leaving.” She said with finality and those two words were enough to remove his anger and replace it with fear. Fear of really losing her. And that broke his heart.

 

He panicked. He didn’t move an inch. He was using his body to block the way. Chaerin moved to the side and tried to pry her way out. Jiyong couldn’t just let her walk away. Not now. Not ever.

 

He hugged her. “Don’t. Please.”

 

“What are you doing?! Let me go!” she struggled in his arms but his hug was tight. She tried to push his chest but he was much stronger than her.

 

“Please. Don’t go. I’m sorry.” Jiyong whispered to her and hugged her tighter.

 

Chaerin stopped fighting and just stayed still. Not hugging him back. Jiyong tightened his arms around her, wanting to express what he felt.

 

Chaerin’s anger was fading and now she felt the sudden need to cry. She wanted to slap herself for feeling that way but she couldn’t help it. Before she knew it, she was already sobbing.

 

Jiyong heard her sobs and distanced himself a bit to look at her face. She was looking down but sure enough, she was crying. He felt angry at himself for making her cry. Again.

 

“Sshhh. I’m sorry. Don’t cry. Please don’t cry.” He said softly and wiped the tears on her cheeks using his thumbs.

 

Chaerin couldn’t stop the tears from flowing. It felt like letting go of all the hurt she felt. It felt good to let it out.

 

Jiyong slipped the bag off her shoulder and hugged her again. “I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean it.” He soothed her with his words. Hoping to stop her crying.

 

 

A few days ago

“Where you going?”

“! You scared me!” Jiyong said with a hand on his chest. He was quietly packing a few clothes in one of his bags.

“Sorry.” Youngbae raised both hands and sat on Jiyong’s bed. “So, where you going?” He casually asked while typing on his phone.

“LA.” Jiyong answered and continued packing.

Youngbae looked up from his phone. Did he hear him right? “LA?”

“Yeah. Why?”

“Does YG know about this?” He asked, focusing all his attention to his friend who was busy packing his stuff.

“No. And he won’t. Even manager-hyung doesn’t know.”

Youngbae just nodded his head. “Are you sure this is a good idea?”

“Yes I am. No more questions. Unless… you want to come with me?” Jiyong asked seriously.

 

 

The idea was absurd to Youngbae at the moment but it didn’t seem so right now.

 

“What are you thinking about?” The girl beside her asked.

 

He smiled at her sweetly. “Nothing.”

 

“What made you think of coming here?” Hyo rin asked her boyfriend.

 

“I just wanted to be with you.” Youngbae said and hyo rin pretended to cringe.

 

“Too cheesy.” She said but her heart fluttered with his words.

 

They’ve been together for quite some time now and she felt good that the world now knows and accepts that they’re together.

 

“I wonder how they’re doing…” Youngbae blurted out his thoughts.

 

“Jiyong and Chaerin?” Hyorin sat beside him and cuddled.

 

“Yeah.” Youngbae chuckled. It’s funny how he knows tbeir love story so well. It’s like he was the witness to everything that happened to them that’s why he’s also affected with what’s happening to his best friends.

 

“I bet they’re fine. It’s Ji and Chae. They’re practically meant to be. Don’t worry about them.” Hyorin smiled. “They’ve been through a lot, huh?”

 

“You have no idea.”