His Promise

Skinny Love

“Great show tonight.” Jiyong entered 2NE1’s waiting room.

 

Chaerin turned around with a smile on her face. “Thanks oppa.”

 

Jiyong went ahead and hugged her tight. It was only the two of them in the waiting room. She hugged him back, feeling very happy.

 

They weren’t in an official relationship but they were more than friends and everyone in the company knew that. No one was against it. Not even YG. Because it didn’t distract them from their work but just the opposite. It was the time that Jiyong wrote many hit songs and 2NE1 got more and more attention form the people.

 

“I got you something.” Jiyong said and reached in his pocket. He took out a simple thin red bracelet and put it on her wrist.

 

“It’s simple, I know. But you can wear it anytime and think of me. I have the same one too.” He said and happily raised his hand showing their couple bracelet.

 

“I love it, oppa. Thank you.” She said and pecked his lips, making him smile.

 

“Chae, I’m really happy at where were at right now. And I thank God every day that you’re here for me. Thank you for waiting for me, I’m a really lucky guy.” He chuckled and looked down. “But if you could just wait for a bit more, I promise. I promise it’s you and me.” he picked up her hand and kissed it while looking at her.

 

That promise. That promise she still holds in her heart after years of waiting.

 

 

She woke up alone. That didn’t surprise her though. She went on with her morning routine and prepared for her flight in a few hours. Good thing she had already packed everything she needed days before. So all she had to do was wait for her manager and she’ll be on her way.

 

The girls already texted her their ‘byes’ and ‘safe flights’. Even YG and BIGBANG except Jiyong texted her to take care. Youngbae even called. She had nothing to do which bothered her more because she had to get her mind off what happened last night before she gets her hopes up just to be crushed with just one news about them.

 

“I’m sorry I’m late there was a traffic jam.” Her manager rushed inside their dorm and helped her carry some of her stuff.

 

“Chill Jjangmae~. It’s still a bit early. Here.” Chaerin said and handed him water.

 

“Thanks.” Her manager replied and sat down for a bit. “Is someone here with you?”

 

“What? No. I’m alone.” Chaerin said, confused.

 

“Really? Isn’t that Jiyong’s?” he said pointing at the black HBA sweater on the floor. Chaerin didn’t even notice it before.

 

“Oh… no. That’s mine.” She picked it up and dusted it off.

 

“What’s it doing on the floor?”

 

“I-I was gonna wear it to the airport today. It must've fallen off when I put it there.” Chaerin said and put it on, immediately inhaling Jiyong’s scent.

 

“Today? In this burning weather?”

 

“Yeah. I feel a bit cold. Let’s go.” She grabbed her bag and headed for the door before he could ask any more questions. But as she passed him, he chuckled and followed her.

 

“That’s definitely Jiyong’s.” Jjangmae said, smelling his unmistakable perfume.

 

Chaerin just shook her head and didn’t reply. She pulled the sweater closer to her body and inhaled. It’s just like he’s still beside her.

 

 

“Hyung, where’d you go last night? I looked for you everywhere in the club.” Seungri said. They were in the practice room waiting for others. It’s the first time that they were the first to arrive.

 

“I went somewhere important.”

 

“Drunk?”

 

“I wasn’t drunk.” Jiyong defended.

 

“Alright. Did Chaerin let you in?”

 

“I know her code—“

 

Jiyong glared at the smirking Seungri. “I knew it.” Seungri said smugly.

 

“Don’t tell Youngbae.”

 

“Don’t tell me what?” Youngbae said entering the room.

 

“Nothing.” Jiyong said and went back to stretching.

 

“Hyung went to Chaerin last night, drunk.” Seungri said and ran behind Youngbae before Jiyong could hit him.

 

“I wasn’t drunk!” Jiyong said. He shook his head and waited for it but it didn’t come. He looked at Youngbae and he was busy tying his shoelace.

 

“Yah. Aren’t you gonna say something?” Jiyong asked.

 

“Say what? It’s your life. You’re a grown man. You know what you’re doing. Just remember, if you hurt her, she has an army behind her.” Youngbae said and started stretching.

 

Jiyong nodded his head once. He knows that. He’s the leader of that ing army.

 

He took out his phone and looked at it for a while before sending the message. He sighed and turned off his phone and put it in his bag. He needed to focus on work now.

 

 

Jingyo oppa

Have a safe flight Chae. I hope you enjoy your time there but I also hope you come back quickly… I miss you already.

 

 

Chaerin held on to his words. She worked hard to be able to finish everything on time and go back home sooner if possible. She enjoyed her stay there too. She had great company and her sister often visited her.

 

“Hey CL, wanna come to a party with us next week? It’s gonna be hype!” Diplo asked Chaerin who was sitting with her sister. They were in his studio listening to Chaerin’s upcoming album.

 

“Sorry, I can’t. I’m going back to Korea in two days.” Chaerin smiled.

 

“Aw really? That’s too bad.” Skrillex said.

 

“Unnie, look. It’s Jiyong oppa.” Harin said, showing her phone to her sister. Chaerin took it and looked at the picture. It is Jiyong. It looked like one of those paparrazi photos. He was pictured closing the trunk of his lambo. Then she read the title.

 

G-Dragon and Kiko Mizuhara seen leaving a hotel

 

Chaerin swallowed hard and felt her breath stop. It’s been a while since there was any ‘scandal’ or anything that surfaced between the two so she thought they really were over because that’s what her friends in Korea said. Guess they were wrong.

 

She didn’t bother reading the article and gave the phone back to her sister.

 

She quickly texted her manager, YG and also Scooter.

 

“Hey guys, I guess I’ll be going to that party with you.” She smiled and they cheered.

 

 

“Why the are you so happy?” TOP asked Jiyong who was smiling while fixing his hair.

 

“Can’t a guy be happy?” Jiyong asked back.

 

“Nope. Not you.” TOP said flatly making Jiyong chuckle.

 

“What’re you doing here anyway? We don’t have a recording today.” Jiyong said.

 

“Why? Can’t I hang here, huh?”

 

“Not today.” Jiyong smiled.

 

“Are you expecting somebody?”

 

“As a matter of fact, I am. So please, hyung, I’m asking you to kindly go.” Jiyong flashed his gummy smile.

 

TOP made a disgusted face and just in time, Youngbae entered the studio.

 

“Ugh. Why are you here, too?” Jiyong asked.

 

“Whoa. Chill bruh.” Youngbae said as he took a seat beside TOP.

 

Jiyong checked his watch and creased his brows.

 

“Waiting for someone?” Youngbae asked.

 

“He is. That’s why he’s kicking us out.” TOP said, but with no intention of going.

 

“I think you better stop waiting, Ji.”

 

“What?” jiyong asked, confused.

 

“She’s not coming.” Youngbae said.

 

“What do you mean? Her flight just landed an hour ago.” Jiyong said.

 

“She extended her stay there. She won’t be here anytime soon.”

 

“Stop joking. It’s not even funny. She would tell me if she did.” Jiyong said stubbornly.

 

“Alright then. We’ll wait with you until she comes.” Youngbae said, giving in. there’s no use arguing with Jiyong. Everybody knew that.

 

“Suit yourself.” Jiyong said and started working on something on the computer. TOP and Youngbae shrugged and busied themselves in the studio too.

 

After about an hour, Jiyong heard the door open and his face grew into a bright smile while turning to greet her, only to see Seungri and Daesung come in with food bags.

 

Jiyong craned his neck to see behind them, hoping to see a gush of silver hair, but Seungri closed the door after he entered. The bright smile on Jiyong’s face faded just as fast as it appeared.

 

“Yah hyung, we looked everywhere for the wine you wanted that’s why it took us a long time.” Daesung said, tiredly as he slumped on the sofa.

 

“Thank you Daesungie~” TOP said using his low, aegyo voice. “But I’m not the one who needs it.” TOP murmured, loud enough for everyone to hear though.

 

The others stole glances from Jiyong and saw him staring blankly at the door.

 

They started unpacking the food and the bottles of wine. It’s gonna be a long night.

 

 

“Unnie, I think that’s enough. Let’s go.”

 

“Harin-ah, don’t be like me, alright?” Chaerin said, while still drinking shot. “Don’t pathetically wait for someone. Don’t eat you pride. Be strong, huh. Don’t be like me.” Chaerin said shaking her head. Good thing they were in the VIP room and there were only a few of them there. Most were dancing.

 

“Is this about Jiyong oppa?”

 

“Don’t mention that name to me.” Chaerin said and Harin could clearly hear the sadness and pain in his voice.

 

“Let’s just go home unnie. It’s late and you’re drunk.”

 

“I’m not.”

 

“You are.” A voice said both of them turned towards the voice.

 

“I guess I am drunk. I’m even ing seeing things.” Chaerin chuckled and shook her head. She grabbed on to another drink but the man took it from her.

 

“Whoa. It moves too.” Chaerin said in amazement.

 

“Unnie, shut up. You’re embarrassing yourself.” Harin whispered.

 

Chaerin didn’t answer and reached for a cigarette on the table but before she could even touch it, the man pulled her hand.

 

“What the do you think you’re doing?!” he said, sounding angry, making Chaerin sober up a bit.

 

“What are you doing here?” She asked, finally grasping the situation.

 

“I’m taking you home.” Jiyong said and pulled her to stand but she wobbled. “Harin ah, can you hold your sister’s bag?” Harin nodded her head and helped Jiyong stand her sister up.

 

Jiyong took off his jacket and put it around her, tightly holding her waist. Practically all her weight was leaning on him.

 

Chaerin stared up at the man holding her and touched his face. “Are you really here?” she asked, her hand on his cheek. Jiyong stared down at the woman and almost drowned in her eyes that he adored the most. He held the hand on his cheek smiled tenderly at her. He missed her. So much to care about what was happening right now.

 

He led the sisters out of the club into the car waiting for them at the back. He settled Chaerin in the backseat with her sister and sat on the front.

 

“Hi oppa.” Harin greeted Youngbae when she saw he was the one sitting on the driver’s seat. Youngbae smiled warmly at her but shook his head when he saw Chaerin’s state.

 

“Where to?” Youngbae asked.

 

“My place.” Jiyong said.