His Obviousness

Skinny Love

“Chae, listen to this.” Jiyong said and played a track, music filling the studio.

 

Chaerin put down her phone and closed her eyes, letting herself get carried away by the music. It was a melodious, lyrical song.

 

“What do you think?” Jiyong asked when the song finished.

 

“Whoa… when did you write this, oppa?”

 

“A few months back. I’m planning on adding it to BIGBANG’s new album. I think it would be more powerful if the five of us sing it.” Jiyong said, adjusting some things in the track.

 

“It’s really good, oppa. Sad but good.” Chaerin said truthfully.

 

“You really think it’s good?” Jiyong asked, turning around to look at her who was sitting on the couch of his studio.

 

“Yeah. It really is. I bet YG would think so too.” She said surely.

 

“Thanks Chaerin-ah, you really know how to boost up my confidence.” Jiyong said with a gummy smile.

 

“Tsk. You don’t need me to do that. YG agrees with all your work.” Chaerin rolled her eyes at her.

 

“Not all the time.” Jiyong murmured still feeling bitter about YG’s disapproval about some things on his latest solo album. He wanted Chaerin to be the one featuring in his song ‘Ride or Die’ but YG firmly denied saying that it would stir up too many rumors and that people wouldn’t focus on his album anymore but on the rumor itself which he didn’t agree on but sadly, YG’s words are the ones to be followed.

 

“What was that oppa?” Chaerin asked, leaning closer.

 

“Nothing.” Jiyong just smiled at her.

 

“Oh oppa, I’m going back to America the day after tomorrow.” Chaerin said.

 

“What? Again? You just came back less than a week ago and we haven’t even hung out yet.” Jiyong pouted.

 

“We’re hanging out now.” Chaerin said cheekily.

 

“This doesn’t count. I’m working.” Jiyong said, now feeling down knowing that Chaerin’s leaving again.

 

“And I’m cheering you on. That counts for something.” Chaerin said.

 

Jiyong looked at her and she was playing with the tips of her hair while unconsciously pouting her lips.

 

“For how long are you staying there again?” Jiyong asked, dreading to know the answer.

 

“A little more than a week?” Chaerin said unsurely.

 

“That’s longer than your stay here!” Jiyong said, almost slapping the table.

 

“Aigoo. Why are you mad, oppa? You’re touring anyways. You’ll be very busy.” Chaerin said, amused by his actions.

 

“Still…” Jiyong said, defeated.

 

 

Knock knock.

 

 

The door opened and Youngbae’s head peeked inside.

 

“Bae-ah, you didn’t need to knock.” Jiyong said.

 

“Just to be sure I wouldn’t be interrupting something.” Youngbae said playfully with a smile on his lips.

 

“Yah oppa, what would you be interrupting? I’m the only one here.” Chaerin said and threw a pillow at Youngbae who easily caught it.

 

“Exactly.” Youngbae said, still with his playful smile.

 

JIyong just shook his head and lightly chuckled.

 

“Chae-ah, buy me something nice from the States, alright?” Youngbae said and sat down beside her.

 

“Yah, how’d you know she’s going back there?” Jiyong asked with a raised brow.

 

“She told me the other day.” Youngbae answered immediately failing to see Chaerin’s warning eyes.

 

“Chae-ah! You told Youngbae before telling me? Why?! What am I then?!” Jiyong whined like a child.

 

Youngbae hid his laugh looking at his friend like that earning a smack in the arm from the girl beside her.

 

“Well, because…” Chaerin didn’t have anything to say to that. She really didn’t plan on telling him soon about it because she knows he’ll just whine and whine and take a break from work so they could just hang out together. She loves hanging out with her favorite oppa but she knows he can’t afford to have long breaks because he’s too loaded with work, especially with their album coming up. She wouldn’t sacrifice his sleep just so they could hang out.

 

Jiyong was pouting the whole time while slumped on his chair.

 

“You’re such a baby, oppa.” Chaerin chuckled. “Let’s hang out tomorrow. I still have tomorrow here, remember?”

 

‘A day is not enough’ Jiyong thought.

 

“Fine. I’ll pick you up tomorrow at 6.” Jiyong said.

 

“That’s too early for dinner.” Now it’s Chaerin’s turn to whine.

 

“AM. 6 AM.” Jiyong said seriously.

 

“What?! Why? You’re crazy oppa.” Chaerin said and chuckled at his craziness.

 

“I’m serious Chae, I swear I’ll be at your door by 6 AM tomorrow, whether you’re already awake or not, I’ll be there.” He said.

 

“You wouldn’t…” Chaerin smirked.

 

“Try me Chaerinnie~” Jiyong smirked back.

 

“Ugh, I’ll still be asleep by then! I’ll lock my apartment.” Chaerin smiled, thinking she won.

 

“I know your password.” Jiyong smugly replied.

 

“I’ll change it.” Chaerin countered.

 

“You don’t know how to. I’m the one who set it, remember?” Jiyong said, smiling, knowing he already won.

 

“UGH! You’re so unfair oppa!”

 

Jiyong just smiled and leaned back on his chair comfortably, his hands intertwined behind his head.

 

“Fine. I’ll go now then.” Chaerin stood up and started fixing her things.

 

“Wait, I said I’ll send you home.” Jiyong stood up too.

 

“No need, oppa. You’re still not done here and I wanna sleep now so I could wake up by 6 tomorrow because of someone who wants to disturb my peaceful life.” Chaerin said and Youngbae chuckled.

 

“I’m already done here.” Jiyong said.

 

“You’re not oppa. Plus Youngbae’s here for the recording right? We’ll see each other tomorrow oppa.” She said and put on her jacket.

 

“But—“

 

Chaerin hugged him. “Take care, oppa.” She said and went to hug Youngbae too and rushed to the door before Jiyong says something again.

 

“Call me when you’re home!” Jiyong just said after her and she waved her hand and closed the door.

 

“Wow bro. could you be any more obvious.” Youngbae chuckled and shook his head.

 

 

“Hung out with Jiyong again?” Chaerin heard as soon as she stepped in her apartment.

 

“You startled me unnie!” She said with a hand on her chest.

 

Bom just shrugged and proceeded to the kitchen. “Chaerinnie~, unnie’s really hungry~~” Bom said with a lot of aegyo.

 

Chaerin chuckled and followed her to the kitchen where she was already preparing the ingredients of the food she wants to eat.

 

“So I see you want to eat fillet?” Chaerin said while peeking at the things Bom was picking out.

 

Bom turned around with a wide smile on her face. “Please baby Rinnie~” she said and hugged Chaerin.

 

“Big baby. Fineeee.” Chaerin said and Bom jumped happily.

 

“Yaaay! Thanks Rinnie! I’ll help you cook!” she said and went to get a knife. Chaerin immediately stopped her.

 

“Nope! You don’t need to unnie.” She said, remembering the last time Bom tried to help her and almost ended up cutting her fingers because she was gossiping and cutting.

 

“Fine. I’ll just watch then.” Bom said and sat on a chair by the kitchen island. “So, you hung out with Jiyong the whole day?”

 

“Well, I had a meeting with YG in the morning then hung out with oppa in his studio. Actually, he worked and I listened.” Chaerin chuckled and started preparing what she will cook.

 

“Ohhh. What did he say when you told him you’ll be back in the US?”

 

“You know… the usual.” Chaerin shrugged, trying to play it off coolly. She didn’t want her unnie teasing her. Bom is their biggest ‘supporter’ if that’s what you call it. Every time she gets a chance, she’ll tease them, even making it a bit awkward at times but that’s Bom.

 

“Ohhh… the usual tantrum. I bet he’ll be here tomorrow.” Bom snickered. “I don’t know what the heck you two have been tripping on. This has gone longer than his scandal with Kiko.” Bom said nonchalantly and Chaerin stopped doing what she was doing,

 

“Unnie…”

 

“What? It’s true. I don’t know what the hell Jiyong was thinking and what the hell you’re waiting for.”

 

“Don’t be like that unnie. Kiko’s our friend.” Chaerin said and started cooking again.

 

“I know. And I like her as a friend. But you’re my sister and I love you.”

 

Chaerin smiled hearing that. “Well, it’s his life unnie. If she’s who he wants to date then let it be.”

 

“Is that what you truly feel, Chaerin?” Bom asked.

 

Chaerin just smiled bitterly. Of course not. But what can she do?

 

“I’m just saying, Rinnie. If you can’t see yourself with him then why have you been waiting for ages? If you think there’s nothing more than friendship between you two, then why don’t you move on?”

 

Move on. She tried that. That’s the only thing she’s failed at in this point of her life.


Thanks for showing interest in this story. I hope I don't disappoint. This is because Chaerin made us happy by liking that skydragon picture :)) God bless you all! And feel free to tell me what you think about this chapter!