Biased

When Life Gives You Lemons

"Jin Ae! Go to sleep will you?!" I yelled through my blanket.

The silence answered me instead.

 

"Hwang Jin Ae, it's half past 2 AM and I do need some sleep!" I yelled again because I think that her ears might be clogged with a huge elephant or something. Groaning loudly, I continued trying to visit dreamland while laying on the bed, trying to block 3 blinding lamps that are lit up that could clearly damage my sight. Jin Ae was too focused on studying and it kinda made me feel sick. I know that it's her national exam and she's graduating in a matter of a few weeks but she could pass the grade easily even without any effort, her brain is simply genius.

 

"15 minutes more..." she muttered, too concentrated in her late night studying session. This is the bad thing in sharing a room with your sister who is clearly a study-holic(is that even a legimate word?) Lucky Moon Ae, she is still considered as the baby in this house and got to sleep in mom and dad's bedroom on the first floor. That whiny brat gets what she wants, geez.

 

It has been 3 long months. 3 long months that I had endured the torture of sleeping at 3 AM every single day because my sister is being an inconsiderate . I am a very sensitive person when it comes to sleeping. I should not hear any noise or see any light when the slumber time has come because I'll surely stay up if it's not. But once I reached dreamland, no one can bring me back to the world of consciousness, even if there’s a huge earthquake, I might be still sleeping soundly in my room. Okay maybe except the smell of tachos and pizza could do the job of waking me up. I like tachos.

 

My sister is definitely going to graduate in like, what, 2 weeks and had already been accepted in a prestigious university abroad, earning the scholarship like a pro. I should be jumping around the house because : ‘Yes! My sister is finally going out of this house and I would be alone without anyone bugging my life anymore’. But at the same time I would want to hide myself in a dark corner of a room and weep because : “NOOOO!!! My mom would start nagging at me nonstop and Jin Ae wouldn’t be there to stop that woman’.

What am I going to do with my live

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

“Hwang Shin Ae!! Wake up you sly cow! Its half past 8 and you’re still sleeping like a lazy hippo!”

My eyes suddenly shot open to the sound of my mother’s heavenly wakeup call from the first floor. Its half past 8 already? I am late to school. What time did I sleep last night? With the quick reflex, I quickly sat down on the bed and kicked my poor blanket to the side of the bed.

I looked around the dark bedroom in search for my alarms (I had 7 incase for emergencies like today) because those babies should have rung like an hour ago. But as soon as I spotted it, the urge to throw a sandal at my mother is strong. The hour hand of all 7 clocks had just pointed to 6.50 AM. Thank you dear mother, you had just lost my trust.

 

I yawned quietly and blinked my sleepy eyes a few times to adjust with the darkness of the room. While stretching my tired body, I saw Jin Ae who was still sleeping like an angel, maybe due to her exhaustion the previous night studying her off. I did not know why but I just grabbed one of my pillows and threw it across the room to her. She stirred when the pillow reached her face and went back to sleep.

This is fun. Payback for the last 3 months of sleepless night, .

I tossed another pillow and my aim was on point because it hit her right on the face, again. But the difference here was my mother had been present in my room to watch me in action. Oh boy.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“How many times do I have to tell you not to disturb your sister! You...”

Here she goes again, ranting about what to do and what not to do…
I mean, what did I do wrong? It’s my payback for keeping me up almost all night. She always liked Jin Ae more anyway.

 

Everyone woke up terribly early today and mom decided to gather everyone in the dining room that morning quoting that it has been awhile since the whole family had a decent breakfast together. Bratty Moon Ae was also awake and I had the urge to stuff with the toast on my plate for no particular reason. I just detest her whining early in the morning. I sat on my usual spot and played with the toast on my plate.

“Are you even listening to me, Shin Ae??” my mom seemed to realize that I zoned out of her daily lecture and I just nodded my head in acknowledgement.

Today’s toast taste like , why is it so bitter? Geez, I should just make my own breakfast next time.

 

“It’s okay mom. We are sisters and sisters should do that. I kind of felt bad for neglecting her for the last few months because I’m busy. I mean, it could have been fun for having a pillow fight,” Jin Ae said while checking the expiry date from the milk carton. She then proceeds to pouring the content into her empty glass and Moon Ae’s drinking bottle. Yes, that maknae still drinks from a bottle.

 

 

Mom instantly beamed and placed 3 strips of bacon that she had been frying the whole time to Jin Ae’s plate. Dad didn’t say anything to the whole conversation and kept his own thoughts to himself, he is a man full of wonders…

“You’re so patient, Jin. I don’t know how you managed to keep up with her.” She said with a lovely smile to my elder sister and when she turned around to face me, I could feel her glared. Why am I not surprised.

 

“I’m going to school first,” I said before screeching my chair against the tile until it made my dad flinch. I just can’t take this kind of treatment anymore, especially today. I'm not ready for any biased opinions early in the morning.

I could hear Jin Ae saying her goodbyes to our parents by the time I picked up my bag from the hanger and closed the main door with a loud thud in pure anger. Okay maybe I’m not angry but slightly pissed. You wouldn’t want to see me angry, I assure you that.

 

“Shin Ae, wait up!” I heard her call my name the 1.942.758.602th time. I did not meant to walk that fast but do blame my legs that had their own pace. I was walking a few meters ahead from my sister and she struggled to keep up. So being the nice sister I am, I stopped in my tracks and waited for her by the pavement.

 

We walked together to the bus stop together and this time I managed to calm down a bit and not let my mother ruin my day. As soon as we arrived, Jin Ae was already drenched with sweat covering her face but she still managed to grab the attention of 3 ahjusshi, 5 school boys, and an old couple who stared shamlessly with their jaws hanging from their mouth. Shaking my head, I stared around the place while waiting for the bus to arrive and distract me from the attention my sister is receiving at the moment.

A billboard ahead - across the road, was quite interesting though. Some guys were holding a bottle, promoting the drink and were all smiling - a bit strained and exhausted - but still looked somewhat attractive. A huge word was printed there with variations of colors and gradation and clearly caught my eyes; EXO. So, they are the guys that my mom kept talking about these past days...

The bus came and blocked my view towards the huge commercial ad on the board. I guess school starts as of right now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

a/n

wow i managed to finish chapt 2. yay me :)))
The backgroud of this story will be kind of different from reality though. I will insert about Kris' issues regarding the contract extermination bla bla bla but i guarantee that he'll show up in this story more than you expect.  be sure to watch out, huahahahah. and, i wont write anything related to luhan and tao leaving ... it goes with the story flow better i think.

yeah, i still want ot12 to be honest, lemme dream #dafeels