5. a sober kiss

Milk & Cookies

*tittle: a sober kiss

*genre: fluff

*writer: rottenpotoq

***

 

here's the thing about hyungwon and kihyun: they’ve kissed three times.

the first time was when they took changkyun from the hospital back home and their manager thought the boys had been working hard so they deserved at least a night off practice and some fun with mixed soju and fried chicken.

their small party soon turned into a drunken mess with minhyuk and jooheon dancing crazily to exid’s ah yeah on their sofa and changkyun cheering by waving two chicken drumsticks in the air while shownu talking to the empty salad bowl and wonho passing out under the glass table. hyungwon vaguely remembered why he followed kihyun into their shared bedroom, maybe they were looking for some marker pens because kihyun thought it would be fun to draw a pair of s on wonho’s face but the older tripped over their leader’s hair dryer thrown on the floor and hyungwon, with a very little consciousness left in his body, successfully caught him and both landed on wonho’s bed.

the only thing hyungwon could remember after that is the taste of tangy sour citron-flavoured soju on kihyun’s lips when the latter flipped over and closed the nearly non-existent gap between their faces while giggling like a three-year old baby. hyungwon was shocked but  he kissed kihyun back. his hyung was really demanding and so was hyungwon, he grasped kihyun’s waist and pulled him closer, relentlessly parting the other’s lips with the powerful of his tongue. kihyun was the first one broke the kiss, stared at hyungwon’s eyes for a second then he passed out, on top of the younger.

 

the second time was after hey received “the next generation” award and everyone got high as . “no alcohol” was what their manager said when they came back to their dorm as they had a tight schedule the next day so beer and whatever wonho and minhyuk found in their fridge was all they got for celebration.

hyungwon joined with kihyun on the couch watching jooheon imitating wonho’s speech at the award ceremony, the older clapped his hands madly when their second maknae ended his fake speech with a string of aegyo and shooting hearts.

- “hyung, pass me a beer.” hyungwon turned to kihyun and slightly nudged him.

- “get it yourself, slackass, hyung is not your slave.” said kihyun, pretended to stare at the ceiling and ignored the fact a pack of beer was on the table right next to him.

hyungwon sighed and leaned over kihyun to grab a beer, but he stopped halfway and glanced down. kihyun’s face is glowing with the light shade of red blooming on his cheeks and ears, hyungwon doesn’t know why but he finds kihyun really much more adorable when he’s drinking. like the time he drunkenly kissed hyungwon, like now.

kihyun glared at him, probably questioning his strange behavior but they had drunk at least three cans of beer and hyungwon was sure kihyun wasn’t any more sober than him so it just happened, he brought his mouth crashing down onto the other’s, hungrily kissed him like he was dying of thirst.

they broke apart when they heard a loud cheering voice from minhyuk and then, five pairs of eyes stared at them. jooheon dropped his toy microphone and fell on his .

 

they never talked about the kiss, obviously to avoid the awkwardness but hyungwon noticed kihyun looked at him more often, like during their makeover session and hyungwon could see kihyun sitting near, looking at hyungwon’s reflection or when they are at the fansign and hyungwon feels the other’s intense gaze upon his back while talking to their fans. and there was one time he held hyungwon’s hands, very naturally, when they were binge-watching “saw” and it wasn’t because of the jump scare.

 

the third time was in a friday night, no alcohol or beer involved. they were back from a fanmeeting and half of the group were lying around the living room, waiting for their turn to use the bathroom.

hyungwon walked into the kitchen, kihyun was making ramen, the main vocalist was still wearing his stage clothes, except his leather jacket and hyungwon couldn’t stop but stare at his narrow shoulders and thin waist.

- “stop being a creep and get your lazy here or you won’t get any ramen.” kihyun dryly said, didn’t even bother to turn around.

- “minhyuk and changkyun are doing nothing, hyung.” hyungwon protested but still stepped in and opened the fridge to find if they had any food left.

- “i don’t care,” kihyun hit hyungwon on his back when he saw the taller attempt to take a salted ham slice on the dish, “give me a spoon.”

hyungwon gave him the spoon and leaned in, tenderly kissed his cheek when the latter started chopping the carrots.

- “are you drunk?” kihyun pulled hyungwon away, the knife in his hand looked a bit intimidating to hyungwon.

- “i want to kiss you when we’re sober.”

- “you forgot ‘hyung’ so, i’m dumping you,” kihyun continued chopping carrots, “i only like guys with manners.” but hyungwon grabbed kihyun’s hands and got him face the younger.

- “are you saying we’re dating?”

- “did i?” kihyun casually said with smug satisfaction on his face.

- “yoo kihyun,” hyungwon tightened his grip and stressed his words, “are you ing w--”

- “two months and five days, ok?” kihyun made a huffy sound, “now get off me, you stinky .”

hyungwon was pretty much taken aback, but before he could open his mouth, jooheon jumped in and screamed loudly.

- “they are dating, confirmed, less than 70 days, i won!!!”

- “what the ,” hyungwon yelled and then wonho, with a blanket wrapping around his waist and and shampoo bubbles on his hair, popped out of the bathroom and pointed at jooheon.

- “you said 60 days, don’t you dare ing lie about this!”

- “no, hyungs, no,” changkyun and minhyuk rushed into the kitchen, both groaned in defeat, “could you just wait five more days?”

- “accept it,” jooheon opened the calendar on his phone and showed it around everyone, “see? i chose this week so y’all owe me 50000 won for each.”

- “and me.” shownu slowly came in and hyungwon thought the leader seemed even happier than the time he won the chance to eat thai food when they filmed “right now” in hongkong.

- “wait!” kihyun, who was silent since jooheon wildly appeared, held up a hand. “you guys all bet on when hyungwon and i would go out?” they nodded and minhyuk added: “in case you might ask, we wanted a bet about either you or hyungwon will make it official first but that was difficult so we settled for this.”

- “even you, shownu hyung?” kihyun asked, his voice sounded very strange and hyungwon shivered.

- “i need to buy a new charger.” shownu's answer was so honest that made the others burst into laughter, except hyungwon and kihyun.

- “y’all better starve to death, s!” kihyun gritted his teeth and stormed out of the kitchen.

- “wow, such a drama queen.” said minhyuk, “go after your highness, hyungwon.”

hyungwon shook his head and left the room while the five of them continued bickering about who owed who. he found kihyun in their bedroom, all annoyed and sulky. so cute, hyungwon thought but he didn’t want to die at this young age so he kept that thought in his mind and cleared his throat to get kihyun’s attention.

- “well, they knew.”

- “they made a bet on me, urgh, and you.” kihyun lowered his voice and hyungwon could tell he was embarrassed.

- “ignore them, i don’t care,” hyungwon walked closer to kihyun and bent down, “i really want to kiss you when you’re sober, well, both of us are.”

- “so what are you waiting for?”

their third kiss was soft and deliberate. this time kihyun tasted like apple juice, probably because a fan gave him a bag of gummy bears and the vocal ate them all, his lips were sweet and light which is now hyungwon’s favorite taste and he made a mental note to buy kihyun more surgary things.

kihyun gently brought his hands to hyungwon’s cheeks and broke their kiss when both of them heard a cracking sound at the door.

- “we will never get any privacy in this goddamn apartment.”

- “not a surprise,” said kihyun, he leaned on hyungwon’s shoulder, “i’m taking shower, wanna join me?”

and hyungwon, never once in his life, said yes so quick like that time.